Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,753 members, 7,941,856 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (96408 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ifyalways(f): 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2008
i am currently reading 'Eat,Pray,Love:one womans search for everything' by "Elizabeth Gilbert"
can't get enough of it.  kiss
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chiogo(f): 12:05am On Jan 31, 2008
Snow flower And the secret fan by Lisa See
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2008
personal injuries by scott turow
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kingsikaz(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ seun

i like inspirational, motivational, philosophical, psychological, spiritual, psychics novels as well as relationship oriented books,
i'm currently reading " LETTER TO GAIL " by Paul Twitchel.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by uchetobi(f): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
Its been a while since iv read a book, bout 3 wks now, sad
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by odada(m): 1:42am On Feb 02, 2008
uchetobi:

Its been a while since iv read a book, bout 3 wks now, sad
Dont know which is worse off!because in my own case I started a book over 2 weeks ago and till date i havent finished it which is quite unusual but going by my busy schedules these days I guess its understandable or . . . undecided undecided
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by cooljoe(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2008
VENDETTA by Marie Correlli.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by yvskc(f): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2008
A colleague recommended 'Half of a Yellow Sun' which I read and loved, and from that I was led to 'Things Fall Apart', a classic which I am enjoying and do not want to end.Reading the book makes me feel angry and sad for what happened
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ayowande(m): 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2008
Jude Dibaia's walking with shadows.Great thought-provoking book!

yvskc:

A colleague recommended 'Half of a Yellow Sun' which I read and loved, and from that I was led to 'Things Fall Apart', a classic which I am enjoying and do not want to end.Reading the book makes me feel angry and sad for what happened
@ poster please read this too! you'll be suprised!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2008
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. . . J.K Rowlings.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 10:08am On Feb 12, 2008
Recently taken to reading Jonathan Kellerman. Been through 5 books already. Currently reading Self-defense by Kellerman. Still have 4 more in my collection to finish then, am gonna add more to that.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2008
iice:

Recently taken to reading Jonathan Kellerman. Been through 5 books already. Currently reading Self-defense by Kellerman. Still have 4 more in my collection to finish then, am going to add more to that.

with you on that .i read monster last year, and sine then, i buy his books wherever i see them. got three unread ones.

currently i'm reading stephen kings 'the stand - the uncut version'
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2008
oyb:

with you on that .i read monster last year, and sine then, i buy his books wherever i see them. got three unread ones.

Oh cool! Been looking for monster. . .i read the intro in one of his other books and have been looking for it. Right now am reading Devil's Waltz by Jonathan Kellerman (This one's got a nasty theme - munchausen by proxy yeesh)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 13, 2008
i've read devil's waltz.great book. you won't beleieve. . .(i'll stop here) the best of his books (so far for me ) read was rage. . .

in some ways he reminds me of another favorite author - patricia cornwell ( though i really didn't like trace

narrated in the first person
main character is in the medical field (dr kay scarpetta /dr alex delaware)
one of the main protagonists is gay(lucy farinelli/milo sturgis)
one of the main protagonists is a detective with issues( marino/milo)

the other great thing about buying authors like cornwell and kellerman is that the street vendors don't know em

john grisham, syndney sheldon, robert ludlum, stephen king - they will tell you N500. the best you can usually get the books for is n250 -350

but kellerman, etal you get them for n100 - 150

(of course, thats for cheap dudes like me who cant go to the bookshops and buy the same books for n1400 to 2500. . .i know -offtopic)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2008
Ok now you got me curious. . .am going to finish that book today lol.
Really? I liked Rage too but the end was sorta left hanging, though it was just a convoluted situation and that guy. . Dan (cherish's husband) was just a nasty piece of work! Sometimes the saintly ones are the most evil. . .i have always said that cheesy cheesy
Ok let me write out the ones i have
Private eyes (read), Bill Straight (read), The clinic (Next to read), Self-defense (read), Survival of the fittest (read), Rage (read) The conspiracy club (yet to read) Devil's waltz (reading). . .can't remember what else i have. Have you read anything of his wife? I don't know if i should get into her too. ok that didnt come out write lol. . .get into her books i mean. Although they collaborated on one book. BTW i loff milo. . .he sooo doesn't fit the stereotype of gay lol.

I have a patricia cornwall book but never read it lol. I don't know why. . .but since you said she writes like him, then am going to get her books too.

Ahhhh yes the sweet smell of cheap books lol. I buy from the discount bookstore too. So i have a ton of books. But once in a while when i can't find the book i want, i go to the usual bookstore and pay heaps for that one. Usually though, every 3 months there is a book sale that goes on in the malls and you get the book for a forth the original price. Tis where my mom got the first set of Kellerman. My brother has almost all the works of Ludlum, Clancy, Forsyth, Lawrence, Le Carre, Archers and Block so i have no need to buy those, i just raid his shelf grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2008
nah. . i aint read faye kellerman. . . based on the jackets, it seems her books are of the romantic bent, and that aint 4 me.

i ought to do the same thing with stephen king. i have the first four of the dark tower series, but the last three are not showing up anywhere. . .though i do have the electronic versions.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2008
Guardians of The West. . .David Eddings
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ebony4life(f): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
I am into the Ted Dekker series

I just finished reading Blink

I'm about to start Three another blockburster!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gorociano: 1:57am On Feb 21, 2008
Has Anyone read Malcolm Gladwell Books i.e "Blink" And "Tipping Point", they will blow ur mind.
Also Economics freakanomisc, Loveley Read

Right no " The First Book Of Eppe" is the Bomb, wht do u think he meant By "Nigeria Belzebub", ??

Yours
Goro
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 4:39am On Feb 21, 2008
Angel Eyes. . . Eric Van Lustbader
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adechuks(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2008
"The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck, a 1931 classic set in 18th century China.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2008
stephen king - from a buick 8; the book is a slow starter. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2008
Vernon God Little-- - - - - - -DBC Pierre
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tpia: 3:20am On Feb 24, 2008
adechuks:

"The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck, a 1931 classic set in 18th century China.

this is a very interesting book, imo. smiley

every major emotion is there. Dont want to say too much right now.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Piank: 7:16am On Feb 25, 2008
I'm reading Retake Your Fame: Black Contribution to World civilization. Revised edition. Very interesting.

http://www.amazingafricanbooks.com/index3_files/Page451.htm
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by osat02: 11:21am On Feb 25, 2008
Crime and punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. its a well written piece
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2008
Jeffery'y Archers's bookes. Just finished 'the Replica'. Its smokin!!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bgees(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
tianshie:

Angel Eyes. . . Eric Van Lustbader

how much do u enjoy books by eric lustbader? i have read 5-6 of his books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2008
The body farm - Patricia Cornwell
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 04, 2008
Predator by patricia cornwell

before that - a matter for men - book one of david gerrold's the war against the chtorr - grr. . . the guy never finish the series. . .and i ain't sure he has that much time left. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2008
I'm currently reading We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. Heard so much about it and grabbed a copy at a discount store (cheapskate yeah! grin) It's an interesting book, not for the impatient or faint hearted though!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
@oyb
So far Cornwell is just alright but i prefer Kellerman.
Don't really like how Dr. Kay is shaping up undecided Can't help comparing to Delaware. . .I prefer Delaware

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100)

Generation To Generations... / A Story: Broken Vows / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.