Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,223 members, 7,904,040 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? (31569 Views)

Most Dangerous Places To Live In London Online Poll,Peckham No 1 / Coming To South East London(peckham)help Needed / Little Lagos In South London( Peckham) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2009
Nigerians have superiority complex towards other nigerians and inferiority complex towards white people . . . its unfortunately the consequence of western brainwashing . . .

good excuse for failure. very innovative- has obviously never been used b4. western brainwashing my ass

are you talking about when the old North Peckham Estate was available, now its being demolished, Houses in Peckham are more expensive than houses in Greenwich, Charlton, Woolwich, Lewisham, Bromley etc calling Peckham a cheap area is an over statement,

no, i was referring to a thought experiment in which everyone left peckham- obviously the houses would be uninhabited and therefore free (property of the government) , giving a real estate company the chance to acquire it at a cheaper rate from the government as a result.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by No2Atheism(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2009
And your definition of failure is someone that lives in Peckham right . . . shocked shocked shocked . . . wonders shall never end.

Men Europeans have really screwed with the thinking processes of Africans otherwise you would not be talking the way you are .
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2009
obviously peckham has had a thriving nigerian population since the mid-16th century     right b4 there was a nation called nigeria. I dont mean standard big business but just a thriving industry.
Now you being facetious and you know it  smiley. It's not like Peckham was once Mayfair but now run down because of the influx of immigrants, it's always been a residential area occupied by blue collar workers since mid 19th century.
prolly but most likely not. If nigerians disappear- some smart real estate company would develop the place nicely into a residential area/business district, invite companies to invest in this cheap area or sell it to the British class looking for an under-crowded location, b4 you know it, it would be a thriving city. But yes, i think the market clip was biased- but the video was propaganda anyways and not meant to shown anything good about peckham
Do u really believe that? If it were that easy same would have been done about some of the northern towns and it isn't exactly cheap now
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2009
no, i was referring to a thought experiment in which everyone left peckham- obviously the houses would be uninhabited and therefore free (property of the government) , giving a real estate company the chance to acquire it at a cheaper rate from the government as a result.

The thought of everyone vacating Peckham! ha!!! it would be a gold mine for the Government, knowing that its a stone throw from Victoria, Blackfriars or London Bridge, it would almost match Canary Wharf
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2009
Men Europeans have really screwed with the thinking processes of Africans otherwise you would not be talking the way you are

Yes they have   . or just maybe it could be your inability to think?

Do not put words into my mouth- i meant another kind of failure anyways. I wouldn't bother elaborating. Because some Africans have decided to criticize some aspects of African culture while praising some aspect of western culture the african is brainwashed. I mentioned why i am taking such a stance if u are so obssessed with europeans why did you move to their country? Usual nigerian response "their economy- better jobs, better facilities, not their culture," what caused the better jobs, better infrastructure? Then Blaming african leaders and opening up threads about obasanjo and company as if only one man can steal alone without the significant support of his followers.

Nigerian culture has its beauty and its faults- one of it is our inability to be independent, usually depending on some form of government just based on the primitive communal thinking. The people in peckham dont need the British government to improve their living standards or the ridiculously high crime rates.

I believe i have the right to criticize and state ways of improving my culture, even if it involves merging other elements, however that does not make me a brainwashed african. it just makes me an enlightened one.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2009
@naijababe,

You make it sound as if Peckham is a run down area that needs a Scud missile to wipe it clean,

If you dont mind where do you live?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2009
The thought of everyone vacating Peckham! ha!!! it would be a gold mine for the Government, knowing that its a stone throw from Victoria, Blackfriars or London Bridge, it would almost match Canary Wharf

so why has no one taken advantage of its strategic position?

You make it sound as if Peckham is a run down area that needs a Scud missile to wipe it clean

no, i think she is extolling the virtues of peckham- i am on the other side criticizing it.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2009
You make it sound as if Peckham is a run down area that needs a Scud missile to wipe it clean,

If you dont mind where do you live?

Really, u must be misunderstanding my comments. Read them again, I be correct Peckham babe o grin now living in Aberdeen Scotland
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2009
Cant compare that dump with V.I. Why do Nigerians like been negative?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2009
Really, u must be misunderstanding my comments. Read them again, I be correct Peckham babe o   now living in Aberdeen Scotland

Well I spent 5 years living off Peckham Park Road and St Georges way, so do you prefer it in Aberdeen?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2009
no, i think she is extolling the virtues of peckham- i am on the other side criticizing it.

I think Omar22 is seeing my id but reading Sefago's posts. Omar,  u need to go to specsavers mate  tongue
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2009
Cant compare that dump with V.I. Why do Nigerians like been negative?

Are you calling Peckham a dump?

Name 20 things you wont find in Peckham, that you would find in V.I.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2009
Wow that's my area, lived on Peckham park road for 5yrs. No can't say I prefer Aberdeen even though it has its pluses
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2009
I think Omar22 is seeing my id but reading Sefago's posts. Omar,  u need to go to specsavers mate

Already used the 2 vouchers but nice designer frames!!! LOL only want to be sure because I spent some time in Peckham when I was young, practically my first room was on the Old Kent road before we got a council flat,  Those where the days party here and there "This is how we do it"
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Amigoz(f): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2009
Big up 2 d Peckhamites !! cheesy

Peckham rulezz grin

I no fit 4gt ma roots wink
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2009
One luv Peckham "bro & Sis"

Am still waiting for the bobo/babe from V.I. to name something he would find in V.I. that wont be in Peckham
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ayomidej(f): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
Peckham is not that bad compared to how it used to be, for example North Peckham Estate was tough and rough. In some areas in Peckham now, properties cost between £150k to £400K and also for the naijas that live there invested in the economy of UK.

In Naija you invest in the economy and still come out with nothing, if you don't live in UK do not make any silly comments here especially if you are a traveller.

I don't live in Peckham but its convenient to buy anything naija, other areas like Brixton are filled with Jamaicans, Southall - Asians and Bishop Avenue for corrupt naija leaders - minimum property cost in that area 1.5M pounds grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Pappyman: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
naijababe:

Wow that's my area, lived on Peckham park road for 5yrs. No can't say I prefer Aberdeen even though it has its pluses

@ Naijababe,
How is Aberdeen now? I was there in 2007 and really love the place. I can't forget the experience, I was starnded at the Airport for hours.I'll really love to be there again.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
How is Aberdeen now? I was there in 2007 and really love the place. I can't forget the experience, I was starnded at the Airport for hours.I'll really love to be there again

Abz is cool, still the same old rainy cold town grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by redsky1: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2009
first of all the way some of you people are referring to Pakistani people is highly offensive.

ayomidej:

Peckham is not that bad compared to how it used to be, for example North Peckham Estate was tough and rough. In some areas in Peckham now, properties cost between £150k to £400K and also for the naijas that live there invested in the economy of UK.

In Naija you invest in the economy and still come out with nothing, if you don't live in UK do not make any silly comments here especially if you are a traveller.

I don't live in Peckham but its convenient to buy anything naija, other areas like Brixton are filled with Jamaicans, Southall - Asians and Bishop Avenue for corrupt naija leaders - minimum property cost in that area 1.5M pounds  grin

the reason the property prices are so high is cos of the transport links and its in london - a house being £450k does not mean the area is populated by russian billionaire and footballers - the houses are simply expensive - go outside london with that same 450k and see the kind of property u can get.

anyway people that live in south london love south and vis versa north londoners. to be honest the video is a BNP video and like someone said here earlier has larger repercussions than us arguing whether its a dump and u can get bush meat from there - thats not the bigger picture.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Pappyman: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
naijababe:

Abz is cool, still the same old rainy cold town grin

Can't forget the cold, I almost got frozen to death while going to Redeemed Church (Jesus House) around Tolus, I took a wrong bus and had to walk back the road to the Community Center (church venue).It was hell even in mid July.
I didn't sleep for more than 10 hours throughout my 5 days stay because night refused to fall and I don't sleep in the day and the blind in the Bed and Breaksfast hotel I stayed refused to give me a thick blind, anyway, I enjoyed the old oil city, lovely sites, quiet place.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
Can't forget the cold, I almost got frozen to death while going to Redeemed Church (Jesus House) around Tolus, I took a wrong bus and had to walk back the road to the Community Center (church venue).It was hell even in mid July.
I didn't sleep for more than 10 hours throughout my 5 days stay because night refused to fall and I don't sleep in the day and the blind in the Bed and Breaksfast hotel I stayed refused to give me a thick blind, anyway, I enjoyed the old oil city, lovely sites, quiet place.
[/quot

U were here in July and complaining of being cold, u should visit now, then u will know cold has another meaning grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Sauron1: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
omar22:

Are you calling Peckham a dump?

Name 20 things you wont find in Peckham, that you would find in V.I.

There's nowhere better than Peckham in the whole of Lagos State.
People just open their mouths to spew poppycocks.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
Se- gay u're now FEMALE   kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ayomidej(f): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2009
@~Sauron~

I support you on this, 20 things is even too small. I will say name 100 things.

I will just say they should cut the whole of peckham and place it in Lagos, and another paradise has arrived. grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
@~Sauron~

I support you on this, 20 things is even too small. I will say name 100 things.

I will just say they should cut the whole of peckham and place it in Lagos, and another paradise has arrived.

You know!!!!!

The last time I went to naija someone dey tell me about the Cinema (Silverbird) when I reach the place, I said kai!!! Peckham Multicomplex please step forward
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ayomidej(f): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
OK, Peckham do not have Silverbird but what else ,

People in Peckham no dey too interested in Cinema cheesy, when there is loads of home videos and youtube.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
OK, Peckham do not have Silverbird but what else ,

People in Peckham no dey too interested in Cinema , when there is loads of home videos and youtube.

The Peckham cinema is far bigger than Silverbird
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by akara(m): 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2009
the poster must be one of the pests ke if he refers to people as infestation.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
No one said they didn't like Peckham, just because Nigerians live there.

I personally don't like it, because it's not the most secure of areas - get an insurance quote, and you'll realise it's under the "high risk" group. Yes, being able to buy Nigerian foodstuf is a bonus, but then again, there are things called cars, buses and trains. There are also other things one can buy that may not be Nigerian, or indeed African.

Oshodi is in Nigeria - and a lot of Nigerians have publicly insulted it, how many people have come on here to defend it? Hardly any! Yet, here are people all up in arms, because not everyone likes to live in Peckham. Aren't people allowed to have a say in where they live, without it turning into a heated debate?

Property may be on the expensive side in Peckham, and some people on here mentioned that a lot of Nigerians are making good money renting out houses / flats. Great. It's one thing to make good money, and another to live there, unless that's your desire to do so. The topic of this thread is very different from what money can be earned from Peckham, and what the living experiences are like. Totally different things. Not everything's about money, just like you can earn good money from exploiting people, it's always harder if roles are reversed.

Peckham is a rough area, regardless of its many other attractions, and for me, a place to visit, but not one I'd want to live in, it's that simple! Peckham is just a little example, there are lots of places in London that I wouldn't want to live in, and it's nothing to do with Nigerians living there, or indeed any other race. It's more to do with the place itself.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
SUFFOLK,

I rest my case
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
Suffolk is hardly relevant here - you could always open a seperate thread.

I posted in response to the Peckham thread.

And Suffolk is a county, not a city / town.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Oshodi Bus Terminal Decaying, Motorists, Passengers Lament / Man Dies In Anambra Christmas Day Accident / Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.