Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,931 members, 7,872,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku (2968 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Anyaoku Leads PAC Members To Bid Jonathan Farewell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by AloyEmeka6: 12:11am On Nov 13, 2009
Bankole chides Ekwueme, Achebe, Anyaoku over Anambra crisis
By Luka Binniyat
Thursday, November 12, 2009
ABUJA—THE Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, Wednesday accused Anambra State leaders of thought and the nation’s political leadership for keeping mute over the lawlessness in the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/12/321.html

The Speaker also wants securitymen to put a code on Nigeria’s crude oil for it to be detected when stolen.

Bankole stated this at a lecture, entitled: “Towards Effective Budgetary Provisions for the Realisation of the Security Component of the 10-Point Agenda.”

It was for participants of the Executive Intelligence Management Course 2 at the Institute of Security Studies, Bwari, Abuja.

“According to the 1999 Constitution, the security and welfare of the people of Nigeria is the responsibility of the state.

“But when the security of state degenerates, lawlessness and insecurity takes the centre stage,” he said.

“In Kaduna, when I made this statement, I also mentioned Anambra State. And, I am sure as leaders; we have been exceedingly unfair to that state.

”And, I ask that, where are those Nigerians of Anambra extraction that have made their names at home and abroad, like Professor Chinua Achebe, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Dr. Alex Ekwueme; how come they are silent as leaders of international repute when Anambra burns?”, he charged.

“I must confess that some time last week, I got a message from Prof. Achebe inviting me to Bryan University in Rhodes Island, state of Massachusetts, United States of America.

”I was to come and dialogue with a panel of international reputable personalities about the US and development about Nigeria and Africa.

”That is the kind of challenge we require to begin to proffer solution to our problems,” he said

Bankole noted that, almost half of our crude oil in the international market is stolen through bunkering.

“If it is to be assumed that our oil reserves is to last for a hundred years, it will now be shortened to 50 years because they would have stolen 50 per cent f it,” he stated.

“Coding is the possible answer to the menace of illegal bunkerers,” he said, adding that, “if the coding is done as was the case of “blood diamonds” in then war-torn Sierra Leone, its origin can be easily traced to Nigeria’s crude at any refinery all over the world,” he said.

“I challenge all security agencies in Nigeria to brainstorm on how to achieve this as it is a security issue with implications for the nation’s economic development and the security of the Niger Delta,” he said.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by semid4lyfe(m): 12:25am On Nov 13, 2009
Nonsense! Like se no be dem dem be the bunkerers of this oil.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by SEFAGO(m): 12:28am On Nov 13, 2009
bloody uneducated ugly buffoon insulting people who achieved through hardwork, and not political thuggery
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 13, 2009
Is it me or is this prat just really annoying? He should direct his vituperations at PDP, abi he dey PDP again?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by bawomolo(m): 12:34am On Nov 13, 2009
what has achebe done wrong?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by DeepSoul(f): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2009
And when did Achebe become a politician? undecided
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by AloyEmeka6: 12:47am On Nov 13, 2009
I think he is asking the Anambra reputable elders to wage into the political crisis in Anambra since it cuts across party lines.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2009
Was bankole wrong for calling these statesmen to their responsibilities?,
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2009
I think he is asking the Anambra reputable elders to wage into the political crisis in Anambra since it cuts across party lines.

Achebe has been very vocal about Anambra crisis, I recall that he even refused a national honour conferred on him by Obj, so what is stupid Bankole yapping about? The present crisis is mostly a PDP affair, let them put their house in order first
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by MrCrackles(m): 1:02am On Nov 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Me think so too. . . . .
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by AloyEmeka6: 1:17am On Nov 13, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Was bankole wrong for calling these statesmen to their responsibilities?,

And what is their responsibilities if I may ask?. What did he do to quell the cold war between Iyabo and Daniel in his own state?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 13, 2009
And what is their responsibilities if I may ask?. What did he do to quell the cold war between Iyabo and Daniel in his own state?

Exactly or the Ekiti crisis for that matter
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nchara: 1:27am On Nov 13, 2009
Bankole is a bloody hypocrite. He should endeavour to answer all the corruption allegations against him and settle the Ekiti and Ogun crises before opening that his fat lips to talk. What an ugly slowpoke.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 13, 2009
Political Kidnapping? YES

Anambra burning? I SEE NO SIGN OF FIRE.

THis issue about Anambra State in the media is becoming very ridiculous. I live in Anambra State (Awka) and it's strange reading these reports that have obviously been blown out of proportion.

Bankole is deceiving himself. He knows who the criminals are - they are his political friends. The same ones he helped to install SOLUDO as PDP Flag-bearer (which is the cause of the current political unrest). He was there, he (Bankole) chaired the cancelled primaries in Awka.

He should stop deceiving himself, Achebe, Anyoku & Ekwueme are not involved in Anambra Politics. The trouble makers are the stubborn billionaires that are struggling for supremacy (sometimes I wonder where these men are so interested in the Governorship seat - these men are richer than the state itself).
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by AloyEmeka6: 2:17am On Nov 13, 2009
Nchara:

Bankole is a bloody hypocrite. He should endeavour to answer all the corruption allegations against him and settle the Ekiti and Ogun crises before opening that his fat lips to talk. What an ugly slowpoke.

Why should he settle only Ekiti and Ogun problems if that is his job? Is he the speaker of the house of Oduduwa or Nigeria?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Uche2nna(m): 2:27am On Nov 13, 2009
Why is Bankole calling Achebe when his political party have connived to put the aforementioned state into political turmoil undecided

IMO, he is more attuned to watever is happening in Anambra (and as a result in a better position to intervene) than these guys he is bringing up.

Achebe in particular is no politician so why is Bankole passing the buck?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Beaf: 2:28am On Nov 13, 2009
This Bankole man talks to much. Or is it because his mouth is so big? angry
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nchara: 2:45am On Nov 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why should he settle only Ekiti and Ogun problems if that is his job? Is he the speaker of the house of Oduduwa or Nigeria?

He does not have a national constituency like the president. He was voted for by Ogun people only. So he should limit his evil rantings there.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Uche2nna(m): 2:45am On Nov 13, 2009
Nchara:

He does not have a national constituency like the president. He was voted for by Ogun people. So he should limit his evil rantings there.

LMAO
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by dayokanu(m): 2:49am On Nov 13, 2009
Given the "PISS and Tranquil" in Ogun state that Bankole brokered
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Remii(m): 2:53am On Nov 13, 2009
Nchara:

He does not have a national constituency like the president. He was voted for by Ogun people. So he should limit his evil rantings there.

^^^^ That apart, it is always easy to intervene when the stakeholders are prepared and committed to peaceful settlement, you cannot force peace on people, so Anambra people need to take the lead in resolution of issues no external person can decide for them.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 13, 2009
Remii:

^^^^ That apart, it is always easy to intervene when the stakeholders are prepared and committed to peaceful settlement, you cannot force peace on people, so Anambra people need to take the lead in resolution of issues no external person can decide for them.

Trust me, even though Anambrarians have not done enough. . . I can assure you that they've tried to fight for democracy and justice more than any other state in Nigeria. Maybe, at per with Ekiti people.
Having encouraged them to fight on, we should not deny the fact that Anambra has been hijacked and held hostage by the FG right from 1999, thereby making it most difficult for the people of Anambra to deal with their own issues.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Remii(m): 3:16am On Nov 13, 2009
^^^ I also agree with your view about external forces, but those forces are using the indigenes, Uba, Chris, Ngige, Soludo, et al are natives and are highly educated too, It should come to a point you tell external "sympathisers " enough is enough we need to move forward.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by becomrich15: 3:26am On Nov 13, 2009
I do not think he was insulting them. But see, anambra is a big case now in nigeria. State police that is what we need. Nobody can walk without someone been kidnap.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by kech(f): 3:43am On Nov 13, 2009
“I must confess that some time last week, I got a message from Prof. Achebe inviting me to Bryan University in Rhodes Island, state of Massachusetts, United States of America.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Which one is Rhode Island, state of Massachusetts again?  All these so called "educated" people we have in office sef. Rhode Island is a state, so is Massachusetts. These people don't know that before they open their mouth for the press or the public they should get their fact straight. No be to go school be the problem.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 13, 2009
Remii:

^^^ I also agree with your view about external forces, but those forces are using the indigenes, Uba, Chris, Ngige, Soludo, e[b]t al are natives and are highly educated too, It should come to a point you tell external "sympathisers " enough is enough we need to move forward[/b].

Are you kidding me?
Ngige; a sitting governor was kidnapped by the FG in collaboration with the Nigeria Police Force(NPF) for challenging the FG and their mercenaries like Chris and Andy.
In fact, I give up. . . . I take it that you do not understand the role and power of the FG in Anambra apart from what hypocrites like Bankole tell you in the dailies.

FYI, Chris is uneducated but may be richer than Anambra state.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by becomrich15: 3:50am On Nov 13, 2009
bankole stated " According to the 1999 Constitution, the security and welfare of the people of Nigeria is the responsibility of the state."

Now how do we solve this. another portion of the constitution state that the police is responsible. What we need to do is create state police. We dont have an other option. Or the state have paramilitary. And give them guns.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by babapupa: 3:55am On Nov 13, 2009
Some Igbo folks always bury their heads in the sand? I know you guys don't want to here if from Bankole of all people, but he stated what a lot of notable Nigerians have been saying. Of what use are our elders if they're incapable of settling and straitening out differences withing their respective communities?

And what he did or didn't o in Ekiti doesn't take a word away from what he said.

You guys are freeking too tribally defensive.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by becomrich15: 3:56am On Nov 13, 2009
nuzo, while not focus away from bankole and face anambra state. What are the solution. i say state police.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 13, 2009
babapupa:

Some Igbo folks always bury their heads in the sand? I know you guys don't want to here if from Bankole of all people, but he stated what a lot of notable Nigerians have been saying. Of what use are our elders if they're incapable of settling and straitening out differences withing their respective communities?

And what he did or didn't o in Ekiti doesn't take a word away from what he said.

You guys are freeking too tribally defensive.  

nuzo:

Trust me, even though Anambrarians have not done enough. . . I can assure you that they've tried to fight for democracy and justice more than any other state in Nigeria. Maybe, at per with Ekiti people.
Having encouraged them to fight on, we should not deny the fact that Anambra has been hijacked and held hostage by the FG right from 1999, thereby making it most difficult for the people of Anambra to deal with their own issues.
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 13, 2009
becomrich,:

nuzo, while not focus away from bankole and face anambra state. What are the solution. i say state police.

Why should I not focus on Bankole when he is one of the people holding Anambra hostage?
I detest hypocrites!

And why would you care about state police in Nigeria when you should be canvassing for Yorubas joining the Benin republic?
Re: Bankole: Shame On You Ekwueme, Achebe And Anyaoku by Remii(m): 4:12am On Nov 13, 2009
nuzo:

Are you kidding me?
Ngige; a sitting governor was kidnapped by the FG in collaboration with the Nigeria Police Force(NPF) for challenging the FG and their mercenaries like Chris and Andy.
In fact, I give up. . . . I take it that you do not understand the role and power of the FG in Anambra apart from what hypocrites like Bankole tell you in the dailies.

FYI, Chris is uneducated but may be richer than Anambra state.

Do not give up yet, at least not with wrong notion,. When I said educated I do not mean each person in Anambra, but they have educated and enlighten big wigs, such as Anyaokus, The Ziks, Ezekwezilis, Akunyilis, Ekuemes, Soludos and others one should then think that those people should get onboard vehicle heading for peaceful destination. Bankole, is a toddler when it come to political exprience needed in deep political situation that is in Anambra. Just like we say, it requires and home grown solution. Real will of the people to move on. Just imagine 30 people in a party want to be Governor and none was ready to step down for the other, How do you reconcile that kind of people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Ikonne Of Acn Rally In Aba (photos) / Over-population, Not Corruption, Is Our Greatest Problem / Biafra Now Has A National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.