Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:58 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (780686 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
hycode: Sunday, August 11, 2013
Nigerian man's body found floating in a private beach in Cyprus

Stanley Eteimo's body was found floating in a private beach in Cyprus on Thursday 8th August. The 28 year budding singer and student had gone to a party at a popular 5-star hotel called Kratos Hotel the previous day Wednesday August 7th with some friends.

According to the friends of the late Bayelsa state indigene, while at the party, he met a white girl he knew from school and started chatting with her. The white girl's boyfriend, who was also at the party, got jealous and confronted Stanley, which led to serious argument between the two men. The white dude allegedly threatened to kill Stanley for disrespecting him and was overhead saying nothing will happen because Stanley was in his country.

At 2am, some of the friends Stanley came with to the party were leaving and asked him to come along but he insisted he was still having fun and wanted to stay back. By 4am, the party had ended and the Nigerian boys who left at the close of the party didn't see him and assumed he had gone home.

By 3pm on Thursday 8th of August, management of Kratos Hotel called the police informing them of seeing a body floating by the shore of their private beach. It was Stanley.
Cyprus police have declared it a suicide case without autopsy. They are claiming he committed suicide by drowning himself. His brother who went to identify Stanley's body said he saw blood stain from his ear, mouth and nose.
The brother insists it's not suicide because Stanley had no reason to commit suicide and wants the guy who threatened him at the party that night investigated. Also, the hotel refused to provide CCTV tapes of that particular day. During the day, the 5star hotel has workers, life guards and security guards, who have all denied either seeing Stanley come in or go out of the premises.

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/08/nigerian-mans-body-found-floating-in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+%2FOqshX+%28Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog%29

As an advice for all,let us be mindful that we very far away from home,and should handle ourselves properly, Stanley was actually a student of Girne American, we don't have an embassy here and Turkey is far away.
His Candle light remembrance is in a few hours,luckily his elder brother is here

Nice writeup and advice for those that want to die over white lady....even if the male guys sees you talking to their fellow white girls they are jealous least of all talking to their girlfriend.
Dont know if to say he died cus of woman or luck run out of him but for Gods sake he knows thats the girls boyfriend so why the argue with him if he dont want you talking to his girlfriend.
Well its a lesson for old and new Nigerians coming.
May his soul rest in peace and wish they fight it to the end cus we are not united here as Nigerians.Have an incident like this of a friend that a white guy attempted raping and was lucky to call me,went their with a friend and took the guy to the police but thats the last we hear from them and the case was just flushed away like nothing happen and have heard of same rape incident as well on two Nigerian girls.....think its time we do something over this lawlessness on our side cus its getting out of hand.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
hycode: Sunday, August 11, 2013
Nigerian man's body found floating in a private beach in Cyprus

Stanley Eteimo's body was found floating in a private beach in Cyprus on Thursday 8th August. The 28 year budding singer and student had gone to a party at a popular 5-star hotel called Kratos Hotel the previous day Wednesday August 7th with some friends.

According to the friends of the late Bayelsa state indigene, while at the party, he met a white girl he knew from school and started chatting with her. The white girl's boyfriend, who was also at the party, got jealous and confronted Stanley, which led to serious argument between the two men. The white dude allegedly threatened to kill Stanley for disrespecting him and was overhead saying nothing will happen because Stanley was in his country.

At 2am, some of the friends Stanley came with to the party were leaving and asked him to come along but he insisted he was still having fun and wanted to stay back. By 4am, the party had ended and the Nigerian boys who left at the close of the party didn't see him and assumed he had gone home.

By 3pm on Thursday 8th of August, management of Kratos Hotel called the police informing them of seeing a body floating by the shore of their private beach. It was Stanley.
Cyprus police have declared it a suicide case without autopsy. They are claiming he committed suicide by drowning himself. His brother who went to identify Stanley's body said he saw blood stain from his ear, mouth and nose.
The brother insists it's not suicide because Stanley had no reason to commit suicide and wants the guy who threatened him at the party that night investigated. Also, the hotel refused to provide CCTV tapes of that particular day. During the day, the 5star hotel has workers, life guards and security guards, who have all denied either seeing Stanley come in or go out of the premises.

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/08/nigerian-mans-body-found-floating-in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+%2FOqshX+%28Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog%29

As an advice for all,let us be mindful that we very far away from home,and should handle ourselves properly, Stanley was actually a student of Girne American, we don't have an embassy here and Turkey is far away.
His Candle light remembrance is in a few hours,luckily his elder brother is here

Hmmmm! This is a serious matter. That fake Turker that threaten Stanley is a suspect and should by now be arrested for interrogation and questionin and secondly, Stanley brother should not take it lightly with those CYPRIOT IDOT. I personally hate that country, the people, their language, their currency, their school. I hate everything in NORTH CYPRUS
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
fados4sure:
Hmmmm! This is a serious matter. That fake Turker that threaten Stanley is a suspect and should by now be arrested for interrogation and questionin and secondly, Stanley brother should not take it lightly with those CYPRIOT IDOT. I personally hate that country, the people, their language, their currency, their school. I hate everything in NORTH CYPRUS
ROTFL... Fados, then what are you still doing there?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
optimus-prime1:

ROTFL... Fados, then what are you still doing there?
Who told you am still there?
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
fados4sure:
Who told you am still there?
Oh, Ok... I thought you were still around that area...
But why do you hate N.C so much? Because to me, its not a bad place like that- its only a frustrating place, if one goes there with Huge expectations... I mean, Its like a freakn Island.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
benson3788: Just wondering which works better; GTBank naira master card OR GTBank dollar master card? Especially, if one wants to make withdrawal for subsequent school fees payment and living expenses from one's personal account in Nigeria.
Brother Benson, any Mastercard will do...

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
benson3788: Just wondering which works better; GTBank naira master card OR GTBank dollar master card? Especially, if one wants to make withdrawal for subsequent school fees payment and living expenses from one's personal account in Nigeria.
The dollar is VISA not Master card and I hope you are aware that you can only withdraw equivalent of #150000 per day and you also know the requirement to get a VISA card from GT Bank?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Gsmiles: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
The said student batch that was sent out on 02 Aug Fri.
With the Sallah holiday notwithstanding, When will likely be the time it will be available at the Abuja Embassy..??
Re: North Cyprus by jide4good: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
HELLO
Re: North Cyprus by jide4good: 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Please i have my Original Certificate from ministry of education with stamp/seal, please do i need to Authenticate it again at the ministry of education?
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 5:18am On Aug 12, 2013
hi guys i think i need help i gained admission to study international relations at emu wat i really wanna knw is about their dormitory cos d website isnt really giving much specs i wanna knw if its bunks beds and if i really have to choose or jst take wateva am given cos my dormitory is sabanci dorm and i want to knw if emu has a gym and if they pay to participate or its just open to all students pls am really confused i need answers please. sad
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:23am On Aug 12, 2013
wynie: hi guys i think i need help i gained admission to study international relations at emu wat i really wanna knw is about their dormitory cos d website isnt really giving much specs i wanna knw if its bunks beds and if i really have to choose or jst take wateva am given cos my dormitory is sabanci dorm and i want to knw if emu has a gym and if they pay to participate or its just open to all students pls am really confused i need answers please. sad

The dorm is a well constructed bed and you to you own bed and reading table,not a bunk bed and sabanci dorm is for the females so if u are a male then forget about that one.
yes Emu have a gym students pay for monthly registration.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:24am On Aug 12, 2013
wynie: hi guys i think i need help i gained admission to study international relations at emu wat i really wanna knw is about their dormitory cos d website isnt really giving much specs i wanna knw if its bunks beds and if i really have to choose or jst take wateva am given cos my dormitory is sabanci dorm and i want to knw if emu has a gym and if they pay to participate or its just open to all students pls am really confused i need answers please. sad

You can choose any dorm you want. Only Sabanci dorm has 50% discount for female but if you Dont like it, we have more than 8 other dormitories you can choose from (but scholarship not included). We have a new dorm for girls that will be completed in Oct 2013 also you can choose that. You will be accommodated for few days (1-2 days) for you to make your choice. The cheapest is Sabanci though!

EMU has one of the finest and modern gym (Emu Sporium Cardio-Fitness & Gym) is around 5k naira for EMU students per term! There are also the free one but not as equipped as the EMU sporium!! Dont be confused becos of GYM unless you are here to study gym!!
Re: North Cyprus by smutlinz: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
If you can kindly go back like 3 pages or more u will see this particular question have be addressed, so kindly do so.
Always try to read through the trend to see if your intending question have been answered so you avoid repeating same question....think thats the essence of keeping previous comments instead of deleting it so new members can go through and get some info there even though it seems much but it worth the time u will use in reading it cus what u dont know nor have in mind to ask you can know it through the past post.[/quote]

Thank you Penroll. Though I can assure you it is'nt straightforward going through as many pages trying to find answer to PARTICULAR questions........but then I got some useful info. (I think in page 95).

However, will it count against me if my account suddenly became active with relatively high sums passing through it just days before the visa interview.

In the alternative, is there a place for my GUARDIAN to undertake for me?

Please urgent and wise response.

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by smutlinz: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
penroll55:

If you can kindly go back like 3 pages or more u will see this particular question have be addressed, so kindly do so.
Always try to read through the trend to see if your intending question have been answered so you avoid repeating same question....think thats the essence of keeping previous comments instead of deleting it so new members can go through and get some info there even though it seems much but it worth the time u will use in reading it cus what u dont know nor have in mind to ask you can know it through the past post.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
jide4good: Please i have my Original Certificate from ministry of education with stamp/seal, please do i need to Authenticate it again at the ministry of education?
No.
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2013
thanks @ penroll55 am a girl and i aint going there 2 study gym dat information was really helpful i appreciate dat big tym and two more questions pls are u schooling der and wen u say 5k naira per term(semester) i suppose der are two semesters in a yr ryt and for an average nigerian hw much allowance do u think is enough to go wit thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2013
wynie: thanks @ penroll55 am a girl and i aint going there 2 study gym dat information was really helpful i appreciate dat big tym and two more questions pls are u schooling der and wen u say 5k naira per term(semester) i suppose der are two semesters in a yr ryt and for an average nigerian hw much allowance do u think is enough to go wit thanks.
No average amount will be okay for you if you dont have a sponsor back home but if you do and you not the wasteful type and you can cook then i think 200 dollars should be okay for you per month.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2013
smutlinz:

Always try to read through the trend to see if your intending question have been answered so you avoid repeating same question....think thats the essence of keeping previous comments instead of deleting it so new members can go through and get some info there even though it seems much but it worth the time u will use in reading it cus what u dont know nor have in mind to ask you can know it through the past post.

Thank you Penroll. Though I can assure you it is'nt straightforward going through as many pages trying to find answer to PARTICULAR questions........but then I got some useful info. (I think in page 95).

However, will it count against me if my account suddenly became active with relatively high sums passing through it just days before the visa interview.

In the alternative, is there a place for my GUARDIAN to undertake for me?

Please urgent and wise response.

Thanks
It wont count against you as per your account question.

If your guardian is your sponsor then he have to else no need.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:08am On Aug 13, 2013
jide4good: Please i have my Original Certificate from ministry of education with stamp/seal, please do i need to Authenticate it again at the ministry of education?

If its the original waec certificate stamp and seal you talking about then you still need to certify it cus they are not only certifying the certificate but a copy of it as well which the embassy will collect from you.
Re: North Cyprus by Gsmiles: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2013
I have my acceptance letter, but. I no longer have the bank receipt of payment. but it was sent to the school.. and have gotten my confirmation letter of payment addressed to the embassy Abuja.
Do I still need the bank receipt, now that I have both my acceptance and confirmation letter.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Gsmiles: I have my acceptance letter, but. I no longer have the bank receipt of payment. but it was sent to the school.. and have gotten my confirmation letter of payment addressed to the embassy Abuja.
Do I still need the bank receipt, now that I have both my acceptance and confirmation letter.
According to the embassy requirement you need to show prove of payment of fees,so go to your sent item and retrieve the payment copy cus u need it as well.
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
smiley thanks was so curious cos d hostel images i saw on net were bunk beds but u've cleared d doubt and going to d gym is like a routine to me dats y i asked cos i dont think i can do without going to d gym d information was really helpful and i think am now ready to go to emu.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 13, 2013
wynie: smiley thanks was so curious cos d hostel images i saw on net were bunk beds but u've cleared d doubt and going to d gym is like a routine to me dats y i asked cos i dont think i can do without going to d gym d information was really helpful and i think am now ready to go to emu.
. When do u intend travelling to North Cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
togsonkaks: . When do u intend travelling to North Cyprus
well dat i will be paying my sch fees 2day so lets say by 30th of dis month or 1st of september.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
wynie:
well dat i will be paying my sch fees 2day so lets say by 30th of dis month or 1st of september.
. Hnm. I dont think so. Cos It takes like 5 days to get a reply frm d skul dat uve paid(unconditional letter). Then afterwards, u apply to the embassy for an appointment. it took them like 5days to send me a reply. And they fixed me a month for the appointment. Hope u have a mastercard yet. U wil need that in north cyprus. Voluntarily. And it takes like 2wks 2 get it. Im working on mine nw.
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
togsonkaks: . Hnm. I dont think so. Cos It takes like 5 days to get a reply frm d skul dat uve paid(unconditional letter). Then afterwards, u apply to the embassy for an appointment. it took them like 5days to send me a reply. And they fixed me a month for the appointment. Hope u have a mastercard yet. U wil need that in north cyprus. Voluntarily. And it takes like 2wks 2 get it. Im working on mine nw.
u knw u and i are different pple and wen u say mastercard do u mean i shud have a bank account here in 9ja b4 leaving and wat are u studying der and wen are u leaving?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
wynie:
u knw u and i are different pple and wen u say mastercard do u mean i shud have a bank account here in 9ja b4 leaving and wat are u studying der and wen are u leaving?
.yeah,having an a/c in naija first bank or gtb preferably.then u request for a master card. Information tech. September3

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
pls come to my aid wip7 and penroll55 which one is mastercard again d agent working mine neva mentioned anything about dat am getting confused again ooo
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=wynie] pls come to my aid wip7 and penroll55 which one is mastercard again d agent working mine neva mentioned anything about dat am getting confused again o
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.