Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,635 members, 7,889,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:07 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (780664 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by sardoma: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello I'm dozie and would be happy to get a reply! My interview is 2moro 14th and I've not been able to get my result authenticated by foreign affair due to the issue of their damaged seal.. Would I be allowed without that document authenticated?? Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by iyb(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
sardoma: Hello I'm dozie and would be happy to get a reply! My interview is 2moro 14th and I've not been able to get my result authenticated by foreign affair due to the issue of their damaged seal.. Would I be allowed without that document authenticated?? Thanks
You dont need foreign affairs only ministry of education if you have authenticated your document at ministry of education just go to the embassy

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
sardoma: Hello I'm dozie and would be happy to get a reply! My interview is 2moro 14th and I've not been able to get my result authenticated by foreign affair due to the issue of their damaged seal.. Would I be allowed without that document authenticated?? Thanks
Go get your visa jor ...amOut

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2013
I got my Unconditional offer letter and Receipt of payment today. Pls does anyone know if CIU has the same procedure as EMU as regards sending students to name to Embassy before student books Interview Appointment? Oga Wip7, U sabi anything frm ciu side? Thanks in advance.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:20am On Aug 14, 2013
usdane: I got my Unconditional offer letter and Receipt of payment today. Pls does anyone know if CIU has the same procedure as EMU as regards sending students to name to Embassy before student books Interview Appointment? Oga Wip7, U sabi anything frm ciu side? Thanks in advance.
Its same everywhere,school need to send your name to the embassy before you can go for your visa interview.
Re: North Cyprus by youngbilly1: 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
good day everyone

I wanna study for undergraduate in cyprus...I wanna know what the cheap university that I can apply for architecture. am really interested am thinking of going to south africa but people say german and Cyprus is cheaper and one can work. pls advise on the tuition fee and cost of getting accommodation. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
youngbilly1: good day everyone

I wanna study for undergraduate in cyprus...I wanna know what the cheap university that I can apply for architecture. am really interested am thinking of going to south africa but people say german and Cyprus is cheaper and one can work. pls advise on the tuition fee and cost of getting accommodation. thanks
Just go on line to the school websites and do the research yourself!
Do not expect people to hold your hand and feed you all your life.
Help yourself

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2013

. Eastern Meditterean University offers architecture. But i dont know much about the info. U can forward your message to wip7. He works in that university and i know hes gonna be of help
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2013

Google is a search engine you can manipulate to learn alot. For you to travel abroad kindly ensure you have STANDBY SPONSOR to pay your bills till you graduate. Kindly type universities in Cyprus and north Cyprus to google it will bring it out the universities and see the program you want. Almost all university do list the fees for each program and you can learn about the admission requirements. Incase you need further help do not hesitate to show up here after your search!
Re: North Cyprus by youngbilly1: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
worry 359:
Just go on line to the school websites and do the research yourself!
Do not expect people to hold your hand and feed you all your life.
Help yourself

be wise man this a thread to ask questions...I googled already I saw some universities. .but the cost were about 4000 euros and the begining of this thread..it was said that you can get a school as cheap as 2800 euro and deposit 1700 euro so I asked since some people on this thread leave in cyrpus they can have an idea..am paying my fees myself.
Re: North Cyprus by youngbilly1: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
wip7:

Google is a search engine you can manipulate to learn alot. For you to travel abroad kindly ensure you have STANDBY SPONSOR to pay your bills till you graduate. Kindly type universities in Cyprus and north Cyprus to google it will bring it out the universities and see the program you want. Almost all university do list the fees for each program and you can learn about the admission requirements. Incase you need further help do not hesitate to show up here after your search!

thanks bro I already searched but the fees of emu and cyprus university is about 4800 euros, so I read the first part of the thread it was said

"yeah, north cyprus is cool but south cyprus is better becos it is
under european union and enuf work there for students. north
cyprus ok too. CIU is nice . the skool fees is just 2700euros and you
nid to deposit just 1700euros to obtain ur acceptance letter which
allow you to secure ur transit visa from the turkish embassy in
nigeria. but why cant your cousin try turkey. istanbul is more
cheaper and more developed and industralized . anyway for
cyprus int univer . ur cousine nids just his/her olvel intl pasport
and filled application form and application processin fees to obtain
the admission . then he/she pays the 1700euro to get the
acceptance. if you nid more info contact me on
skull4una@gmail.com"

so I got confused maybe therw are cheaper schools.

thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
youngbilly1:

thanks bro I already searched but the fees of emu and cyprus university is about 4800 euros, so I read the first part of the thread it was said

"yeah, north cyprus is cool but south cyprus is better becos it is
under european union and enuf work there for students. north
cyprus ok too. CIU is nice . the skool fees is just 2700euros and you
nid to deposit just 1700euros to obtain ur acceptance letter which
allow you to secure ur transit visa from the turkish embassy in
nigeria. but why cant your cousin try turkey. istanbul is more
cheaper and more developed and industralized . anyway for
cyprus int univer . ur cousine nids just his/her olvel intl pasport
and filled application form and application processin fees to obtain
the admission . then he/she pays the 1700euro to get the
acceptance. if you nid more info contact me on
skull4una@gmail.com"

so I got confused maybe therw are cheaper schools.

thanks

Information changes daily based on circumstance and period..the first page you read was written in 2009 that's 4yrs back so things have moved apart.

EMU tuition fees for Architecture is 2300USD each semester currently thats inclusive of 50% discount. EMU is located in the Northern part of Cyprus and you need standby sponsor to cover your bills as jobs are quite scarce now. You will need to pay for accommodation as well and feeding. Kindly budget about 4000USD each semester to be okay which includes tuition and boarding!. Read each university website and decides on what to do. Dont be quick to apply or send your documents to anybody but be quick to do thorough research on the universities and on what you want!!
Re: North Cyprus by youngbilly1: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
wip7:

Information changes daily based on circumstance and period..the first page you read was written in 2009 that is 4yrs back so things has moved apart.

EMU tuition fees for Architecture is 2300USD each semester currently thats inclusive of 50% discount. EMU is located in the Northern part of Cyprus and you need standby sponsor to cover your bills as jobs are quite scarce now. You will need to pay for accommodation as well and feeding. Kindly budget about 4000USD each semester to be okay which includes tuition and boarding!. Read each university website and decides on what to do. Dont be quick to apply or send your documents to anybody but be quick to do thorough research on the universities and on what you want!!

thanks a lot I will work on that
Re: North Cyprus by sardoma: 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
For students travelling to EMU must we travel with turkish airline! I hear you would be deported if you fly other airlines to turkey...
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=sardoma][/quote]For students travelling to EMU must we travel with turkish airline! I hear you would be deported if you fly other airlines to turkey...[/quote/]
its nt true bro/sis.......its just that for 1st timer, its HIGHLY recommended you travel with turkish Air....
1. cos its a straight flight from lagos/abuja()(recently flying from abuja i guess) to istanbul.
2.no case of missing luggage.
3.not more than 6hrs waiting at the airport(istanbul) for transit.(if u try other airlines , they will take u to their home country 1st before flying to istanbul then connect u to Ercan).this might be hell on earth for 1st time travelers but if u wish to knw more countries, well ur choice.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by hensben(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
wip2: @iz2much,
yeah i have lived in north and south cyprus before and currently in turkey now. north cyprus is very close to istanbul, turkey and you dont need to have another visa to enter turkey. south cyprus is a bit far.

living expenses is low in north compare to the south cos the south spend euros and cyprus pounds while the north spend turkish lira and dollars.

in the north if your broda is staying off campus he can get apartment of 80-100dols close to CIU per month. you know apartments are bit expensive in lefkosa cos its close to the school but there are some area in nicosia that are more cheaper than that. but i would not advise him to saty in school cos the accomodation is high but with standard facilities but if he has the money he can stay.

so living expenses is around 100-150dols /month for gentle man but for person like me i do spend around 1000dols /month cos i am ajala the traveller.

Aspa jobs, there are jobs in the north but jobs they plenty in the south more than the north and you know wages are paid in euros at south which is like 225naira presently in nigeria while dolars in the north which is like 155naira now.

you know everything is like luck and GOD. some enter Cyprus without anything on them and after few months or weeks God butter their bread. while others enter and nothing good come their way.

has you broda submitted the application for admission?
when applying for admission is there any passport photo graph required and what if u have any prob in age hope one can swear an affidavit and send to them? Hope no prob with that? Reply thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
benson3788: Wip7, I sent you a message. Please reply.

your payment received. Chek ur email for ur confirmation letter.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by umunnatim(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
Abeg if i get like 8ook,i fit go start Masters for any of this Europe Country??if i reach there i go survive anyhow,i need advice.if yes where do i start from??Tired of this ASUU strike.Answers Please.
Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 12:26am On Aug 17, 2013
@Wip7, Pls would i require Visa to Visit my Junior brother who is studying in Kyseri, Turkey under the Turkiye Scholarship programme from NC? Or better still could he be able to pay me a visit once in a while frm Turkey without going under Visa hassles as an international student? Any other person with knowledge on this would be appreciated. Thanks. I have searched about this on google but could'nt get concrete and definite answer.
Re: North Cyprus by veeokafor(f): 5:16am On Aug 17, 2013
umunnatim: Abeg if i get like 8ook,i fit go start Masters for any of this Europe Country??if i reach there i go survive anyhow,i need advice.if yes where do i start from??Tired of this ASUU strike.Answers Please.
yh I think u cAn start, try near east university, bt u knw u almost late kos sch go soon resume, just try sha, I feel ur pain dear, am goin dere next month, if nt I dnt wnt stress 4 ma peeps I for like ma lil bro to follow, am going for masters too dere, bt ma bro na undergrad,d ASUU na just crap, n remember in everything na just God, n ur survival will be sure.takia
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2013
usdane: @Wip7, Pls would i require Visa to Visit my Junior brother who is studying in Kyseri, Turkey under the Turkiye Scholarship programme from NC? Or better still could he be able to pay me a visit once in a while frm Turkey without going under Visa hassles as an international student? Any other person with knowledge on this would be appreciated. Thanks. I have searched about this on google but could'nt get concrete and definite answer.

You need visa and if is entry visa, it takes you about 8wks to secure that from NC. If you have UK or Schengen visas you can apply online and obtain ur visa within 24hrs. You will need IV letter from him to facilitate your visa appli.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:10am On Aug 17, 2013
umunnatim: Abeg if i get like 8ook,i fit go start Masters for any of this Europe Country??if i reach there i go survive anyhow,i need advice.if yes where do i start from??Tired of this ASUU strike.Answers Please.

I dont advise you on such...800K is around 5k USD..it will not take you anywhere and you cant survive normally with this amount abroad. Traveling abroad is huge investment and it must have genuine purpose and sustainable target/s. Why not start groundnut farming in Nigeria till ASUU resumes their strike? you can learn how to do coated groundnut and package it well than wasting this 800k on unfeasible voyage...Is just an advise though! Anyway 800K wont do you anything in Cyprus you may as well try closer and cheaper countries like Ghana if you must leave your country!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2013
wip7:

I dont advise you on such...800K is around 5k USD..it will not take you anywhere and you cant survive normally with this amount abroad. Traveling abroad is huge investment and it must have genuine purpose and sustainable target/s. Why not start groundnut farming in Nigeria till ASUU resumes their strike? you can learn how to do coated groundnut and package it well than wasting this 800k on unfeasible voyage...Is just an advise though! Anyway 800K wont do you anything in Cyprus you may as well try closer and cheaper countries like Ghana if you must leave your country!
#laughing in Hebrew...
C'mon now Mr Wip, give the dude some happiness...
#ROTFL...
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2013
optimus-prime1:

#laughing in Hebrew...
C'mon now Mr Wip, give the dude some happiness...
#ROTFL...

Why you dey laugh nah? Apparently, Wip has given a more valid response.
Re: North Cyprus by umunnatim(m): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2013
True talk oh,but i fit pay my school fees and other primary things?i go like partner with you for them ground nut business oh as u get idea!

I dont advise you on such...800K is around 5k USD..it will not take you anywhere and you cant survive normally with this amount abroad. Traveling abroad is huge investment and it must have genuine purpose and sustainable target/s. Why not start groundnut farming in Nigeria till ASUU resumes their strike? you can learn how to do coated groundnut and package it well than wasting this 800k on unfeasible voyage...Is just an advise though! Anyway 800K wont do you anything in Cyprus you may as well try closer and cheaper countries like Ghana if you must leave your country![/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2013
wip7:

You need visa and if is entry visa, it takes you about 8wks to secure that from NC. If you have UK or Schengen visas you can apply online and obtain ur visa within 24hrs. You will need IV letter from him to facilitate your visa appli.
@wip7 and the whole house,can a first timer travelling to N.C from Nigeria buy one way ticket to Ercan instead of return ticket? pls adviceooooooo,let me see how my supplimentary budget will go this time,the manner at which the flight ticket is increasing this time,its on the hyperi inflationary mode ,it looks as if Northern cyprus is a Gold and Diamond yielding land.pls house,both the old and new guys,in and out of N.cyprus,let's throw light and ideas capable of profering solution to this current issue of FLIGHT Ticket.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2013
princetoochi:
@wip7 and the whole house,can a first timer travelling to N.C from Nigeria buy one way ticket to Ercan instead of return ticket? pls adviceooooooo,let me see how my supplimentary budget will go this time,the manner at which the flight ticket is increasing this time,its on the hyperi inflationary mode ,it looks as if Northern cyprus is a Gold and Diamond yielding land.pls house,both the old and new guys,in and out of N.cyprus,let's throw light and ideas capable of profering solution to this current issue of FLIGHT Ticket.
. When do u intend travelling?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.