Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,634 members, 7,889,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (780662 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2013
joeakins: Bro yes today is sunday and she won't reply till tomorrow or she can reply late....And i am so curious to find answers today thats why i decided to join the forum today to ask you all, When so you think is the usual deadline for Fall semester tuition payment ? And also does anybody here knows what questions i'm likely to be asked at the embassy ?
actually i dnt knw the deadline for payment but the school admission team advised me to pay by mid-August in order to get enough time for visa issues and other stuffs.
Re: North Cyprus by joeakins(m): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2013
princetoochi:
@togsonkak,ok baba. but u never said anything about the flight Ticket issue,have u booked/paid for urs already,I guss u have already started ur program or about to start this september just like some of us,if u are one of us which school are going to and what program are u going for......I remembered I asked of ur email address before or number,can u give it to me now if it is allowed,mine is eddy.ntom@gmail.com....Hello house,let's shift a bit from cruxifying fados4sure and iron out this flight Ticket matter,of course ,my oga wip has just dropped a hint on the way forward but more views will be welcomed and highly appreciated.thanks to all intending contributors.

How ur side bro ? Congratulations on getting your visa, Is it CIU or EMU ? Either one it is please can you tell me the questions they asked you at the embassy ? I go appreciate if you just fit hint me on the questions they are likely to ask. @usdane, You get mouth my brother. If they advised you to pay in mid august then paying tomorrow isn't actually too late since its still around mid august. Thanks brother
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2013
joeakins:

How ur side bro ? Congratulations on getting your visa, Is it CIU or EMU ? Either one it is please can you tell me the questions they asked you at the embassy ? I go appreciate if you just fit hint me on the questions they are likely to ask. @usdane, You get mouth my brother. If they advised you to pay in mid august then paying tomorrow isn't actually too late since its still around mid august. Thanks brother
u are welcome brother,but I have not received my visa yet.i just accepted the congratulation because I know and am convinced that it is a pointer to my imminent celebration.as regards to ur question on the kind of interviw/question one is expected of on the interviw day,it is not something strange and it is nothing outside the documents u submit.just remember the boldness and confidence u always have when approaching ur Dad in some issues of importance.apply the same courage whenever u appear before any interviwer,be it the president of ur country or any other person.my school is EMU,MSC Econs.........how about you bro,remember ,God first in every of ur endeavor,ok? safe!
Re: North Cyprus by joeakins(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
princetoochi:
u are welcome brother,but I have not received my visa yet.i just accepted the congratulation because I know and am convinced that it is a pointer to my imminent celebration.as regards to ur question on the kind of interviw/question one is expected of on the interviw day,it is not something strange and it is nothing outside the documents u submit.just remember the boldness and confidence u always have when approaching ur Dad in some issues of importance.apply the same courage whenever u appear before any interviwer,be it the president of ur country or any other person.my school is EMU,MSC Econs.........how about you bro,remember ,God first in every of ur endeavor,ok? safe!

Thank you bro, My skul na CIU and na management information systems. When did you paid your fees and when do you have appointment at the embassy ?
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
joeakins:

Thank you bro, My skul na CIU and na management information systems. When did you paid your fees and when do you have appointment at the embassy ?
ok,I paid my school fees june/july and my appointment date with the embassy is 2nd september.
Re: North Cyprus by joeakins(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Abeg everybody in the house, I know there are people here that have been to the embassy to secure their visa...Please just hint me on the questions you were asked, What questions do you think they will ask me ?
Re: North Cyprus by joeakins(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
princetoochi:
ok,I paid my school fees june/july and my appointment date with the embassy is 2nd september.

Ok bro, where you given an appointment ? I thought they said they longer give appointment that all i have to do is just go there along with my documents, Please how did you booked your appointment ? Can i book my appointment without my name being sent there first ? And also is it compulsory for me to go along with my original WAEC result ? OR just authenticating my statement of result is fine ?
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
difflydecent: @wip 7 ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌!.... 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ info. Vry helpful.
@Worry3... Worefa, U̶̲̥̅̊я opinion doesn't count. I referred 2 @wip7 nt U̶̲̥̅̊. If U̶̲̥̅̊ can't say sometin hlpful den sharrap :p

You have just shown the world how imature you are
First by your use of childish blackberry characters
and second by insulting people offering you advice.
With your attitude you will never succed in life!
Re: North Cyprus by izyworld88: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 19, 2013
izyworld88: Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess Fados4sure is out of his mind, CIU av a lot of enemy on dis tread I don't no y? CIU must b a gr8t uni I guess
Are you for real? This is not a matter of hatred but the truth.
Things you don't know about CIU:
1: CIU is a two block of lecture room
2: No labouratory or practical section for engineering students
3: CIU only got register with Nigeria ministry of education just 2012 last year
4: Most of the lecturer in CIU come from Bogazici university in Turkey once in two weeks
5: CIU is only register in North Cyprus, Turkey and Nigeria. Even Ghana don't recognise CIU. If you doubt me, go to the international office and ask how many Ghanians are in CIU? B/4 I left CIU, there were only 9 Ghanians in CIU and they all transfer to either EMU, Near East or GAU.
6: CIU is not recognise with European union. Kindly confirm from the rector..
There are many but, I think with the little facts above, I have been able to convince you concerning the facts about CIU, thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2013
joeakins: Abeg everybody in the house, I know there are people here that have been to the embassy to secure their visa...Please just hint me on the questions you were asked, What questions do you think they will ask me ?
. Just try to go through the last five pages. U gonna get what u need concerning the questions being asked at the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2013
princetoochi:
@togsonkak,ok baba. but u never said anything about the flight Ticket issue,have u booked/paid for urs already,I guss u have already started ur program or about to start this september just like some of us,if u are one of us which school are going to and what program are u going for......I remembered I asked of ur email address before or number,can u give it to me now if it is allowed,mine is eddy.ntom@gmail.com....Hello house,let's shift a bit from cruxifying fados4sure and iron out this flight Ticket matter,of course ,my oga wip has just dropped a hint on the way forward but more views will be welcomed and highly appreciated.thanks to all intending contributors.
. Check ur mail. I sent u something related to that
Re: North Cyprus by Meetvincent: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2013
Please i need accomodation for my brother in emu i don't know how to go about it
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
Meetvincent: Please i need accomodation for my brother in emu i don't know how to go about it
You need in hostel or outside school?
If hostel,just go to any hostel and ask of the person in charge and if outside school,will be hard for you if you dont know someone that is already there since you might be new to the system.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, Students who intend to study in
Turkey or Turkish Republic of
Northern Cyprus do not need an
appointment. You are kindly advised to apply to the
Embassy in person with all the
application documents on any
Monday, Wednesday or Friday
between 9-11 am. after August 20. All information related to visa
application formalities is available on
Embassy’s website
(www.abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr), under the “info notes” menu on top of the
main page. Regards, Embassy of the Republic of Turkey
Consular Section
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
togsonkaks, pls have checked the Embassy website and did not find anything like what u posted about the Non booking of Appointment. Pls can I get ur private email. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Gsmiles: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
EMU second batch list is now at the Embassy. You can go for your interview, once your name is on the list. no need for appointment if you haven't booked..
but if you have already gotten appointment date.. just wait for the date.
Re: North Cyprus by Meetvincent: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2013
Please i need someone that will help me receive my brother at ercan
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Meetvincent: Please i need someone that will help me receive my brother at ercan
Your brother is going to be on his own at university for a long time but he needs someone to meet him at airport!
How will he survive in the big world?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Meetvincent: Please i need someone that will help me receive my brother at ercan
Which of the schools your brother is going?
IF EMU he can fill and send the airport pickup form and someone will receive him there.
Re: North Cyprus by Meetvincent: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2013
worry 359:
Your brother is going to be on his own at university for a long time but he needs someone to meet him at airport!
How will he survive in the big world?
he will cope i just need someone to put him through
Re: North Cyprus by Meetvincent: 11:26am On Aug 20, 2013
penroll55:
Which of the schools your brother is going?
IF EMU he can fill and send the airport pickup form and someone will receive him there.
Okay thanks
Re: North Cyprus by smutlinz: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
good evening all.

please dont refer me to previous pages-information and facts keep changing!

is it indeed important/compulsory to authenticate my credentials/certificates at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

i've conflicting information about it even on this thread. i need good information as i have appointment tomorrow at the embassy.

thanks all.
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
smutlinz: good evening all.

please dont refer me to previous pages-information and facts keep changing!

is it indeed important/compulsory to authenticate my credentials/certificates at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

i've conflicting information about it even on this thread. i need good information as i have appointment tomorrow at the embassy.

thanks all.
Like Seriously
Please o My Oga no vex, but the way it is, I'll have to refer you to previous pages... Dazall.
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
For those of us who know about cost effective flight management, asides Turkish Air, which other airline goes to Istanbul <connecting to Ercan at a cheaper rate *From Abuja* especially at this time? because I feel its outrageously expensive for students paying almost 1700$ via Turkish Air.
Plz Lets rub minds and chip in useful contributions on cheaper flight tickets(for 1st timers) to NC that we could use,
Oya Mr Wip, Penroll and co, over to you guys...
Re: North Cyprus by justmenoni: 5:45am On Aug 21, 2013
You can fly ethiad,emirates or egypt air.

optimus-prime1:
For those of us who know about cost effective flight management, asides Turkish Air, which other airline goes to Istanbul <connecting to Ercan at a cheaper rate *From Abuja* especially at this time? because I feel its outrageously expensive for students paying almost 1700$ via Turkish Air.
Plz Lets rub minds and chip in useful contributions on cheaper flight tickets(for 1st timers) to NC that we could use,
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2013
justmenoni: You can fly ethiad,emirates or egypt air.
@Justmenoni,pls can u come up with a valid price comparison of the above mentioned airlines,bearing in mind of one way ticket and return tickets while comparing them.........@the entire House,pls,I need advice/solution to this,where ur sponsor is a worker but cannot find his appointment letter again as to back up his claim,what of a biz man that runs his biz with registering it,what and what are expected of such person at the Embassy if he wants to sponsor u pls I need urgent reply/contributions on this.

shocked
justmenoni: You can fly ethiad,emirates or egypt air.
@Justmenoni,pls can u come up with a valid price comparison of the above mentioned airlines,bearing in mind of one way ticket and return tickets while comparing them.........@the entire House,pls,I need advice/solution to this,where ur sponsor is a worker but cannot find his appointment letter again as to back up his claim,what of a biz man that runs his biz with registering it,what and what are expected of such person at the Embassy if he wants to sponsor u pls I need urgent reply/contributions on this.

Re: North Cyprus by justmenoni: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2013
ethiad has a one way seat for the 1st of September for $1022,emirates is $605,Egypt air is $688.40 all you have to do is connect it with atlas jet down to ercan,but the best option is to visit a travel agent and have them give you all the prices of the mentioned airlines then you can decide,the only good thing about Turkish airline is that it leaves lags for Istanbul and arrive ercan while other airlines will go directly to their country then touch down at Istanbul before connecting with a smaller plane down to ercan but most time the waiting period are same for all airlines when calculated properly.

i was able to get two flights from Istanbul to ercan for 9.30am: 262tl while for 9.30pm is 182tl,business class is 362 tl for 9.30 am and 282tl for 9.30pm.

princetoochi: shocked
Re: North Cyprus by justmenoni: 10:27am On Aug 21, 2013
abuja to istanbul one way via egypt air is $722

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Kindly go to a travel agent to book your flight as most travel agent have discount and secondly, I will not advise you to use any other airline like Pegasus, Onur and Atlas jet because you don't have TRNC visa and they won't board you and 3rdly, make sure you use Turkish airline from Istanbul to Ercan so that you won't be arrested irrespective of the fact that you are having student letter with you and lastly, with your transit visa you can be allow to enter Instanbu. You can stop by to shop there as things are very cheap there. I hope this help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.