Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,079 members, 7,977,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:03 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (793668 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: oga WIP pls i did something that i really wish you must know. sending you an email right away.

replied your email.
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Oga wip7 pls I want to knw if admission to metu is still on?
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
wolmarksedu: Hi!

We at Wolmarkseducation help with admission at CIU Cyprus International. We are approved AGENT and process takes maximum of (4)days. Application is free and we available for other inquiries as regards the UNIVERSITY. We are always on ground to serve you.

Just send a mail to us telling us about your interest to "wolmarkseducation1@gmail.com" with subject ADMISSION 101. We will get back to you immediately.

Please I state is again there is NO Application fee required. APPLICATION is free.

Admission for February has began. Lets bring you to Cyprus to enjoy the education system.

Thanks.
pls wen will admission close and wen is the payment deadline
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
wolmarksedu: Hi!

We at Wolmarkseducation help with admission at CIU Cyprus International. We are approved AGENT and process takes maximum of (4)days. Application is free and we available for other inquiries as regards the UNIVERSITY. We are always on ground to serve you.

Just send a mail to us telling us about your interest to "wolmarkseducation1@gmail.com" with subject ADMISSION 101. We will get back to you immediately.

Please I state is again there is NO Application fee required. APPLICATION is free.

Admission for February has began. Lets bring you to Cyprus to enjoy the education system.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
See Mr.wip is selective about the emails he replies to whether or not it pertains to questions he has previously answered. I suppose he is constantly bombarded with irrelevant emails and this has somehow influenced and caused a reduction in the frequency and tenacity of his responses.

For example I'm still awaiting a response from him as regards how one can be sure his/her name is in the first batch of names to be sent to the embassy. He is yet to get back to me on this.

I know some might quote his previous thread on the issuance of confirmation letters and the subsequent forwarding of those names to the embassy but if you carefully peruse that particular post,you'd notice that the information pertained to those students he applied for and not for students who took the iniative to proceed with the application themselves.

Mr.wip, I highly commend you for the great help you've offered to various students on this thread and the intuitiveness of your responses. I do ask that you kindly take time to reply to certain messages like mine which are mature, important and necessary. I believe at times, due to your vast experience in academia and your qualifications, your definition of what constitutes an IRRELEVANT or IMMATURE email or question will differ greatly from what a young man like myself would define as one.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
onedebos: See Mr.wip is selective about the emails he replies to whether or not it pertains to questions he has previously answered. I suppose he is constantly bombarded with irrelevant emails and this has somehow influenced and caused a reduction in the frequency and tenacity of his responses.

For example I'm still awaiting a response from him as regards how one can be sure his/her name is in the first batch of names to be sent to the embassy. He is yet to get back to me on this.

I know some might quote his previous thread on the issuance of confirmation letters and the subsequent forwarding of those names to the embassy but if you carefully peruse that particular post,you'd notice that the information pertained to those students he applied for and not for students who took the iniative to proceed with the application themselves.

Mr.wip, I highly commend you for the great help you've offered to various students on this thread and the intuitiveness of your responses. I do ask that you kindly take time to reply to certain messages like mine which are mature, important and necessary. I believe at times, due to your vast experience in academia and your qualifications, your definition of what constitutes an IRRELEVANT or IMMATURE email or question will differ greatly from what a young man like myself would define as one.

Thanks for understanding my points.

Aspa your query....i will email you as soon as i return to town and i dont think you will have any probs with that.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
i understand
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Princessmirex: thank you very much sum ppl ova there dat has gone back den dey asked silly questions but now they are now in the skull wen odas asked dey wld be behavin as if they re perfect and know it all ,besides dey re nt askin dem ,dey re askin sir wip ,so i see no reason y u wnt hav ansas 2 sum1s question den u start tellin d person dat he/she ask sillly questions all the time.please if you know you wnt hav ansas just dunt comment .thanks nd lets be one plx

I never wanted to comment cause most people said i am harsh....yes you all are right when u said others asked questions before coming here but try and check their questions if its same to the ones people asked now.

Let the truth be said,Nigerians especially want people to work for them and dont want to stress their self and they complain agents charge them much and so on. If only new incoming students will take their time and go through the trend i believe most of their questions would have been answered here.

I dont comment any longer just like wip do also cause if you go back maybe 3years you will see most people saying he is harsh and so on,just as most of you are saying worry and others are harsh or not giving room for others to ask.

Lets make an example,wip has answered questions relating to sponsor and visa issues and i myself have done so as well even whet as far to tell how to fill the visa application form but i see people are still asking that and more will still ask same questions cause they felt going through the trend is waste of time when they can ask others to do the work for them.

Well,just my opinion and wish all new incoming students try and read through the trend before asking questions.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
How long does North Cyrus student visa take? Also, between EMU and METU, which is better?
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
zezebabyxoxo: How long does North Cyrus student visa take? Also, between EMU and METU, which is better?
AMAZING!
penroll55 leaves us good post saying that people should read the thread and not keep asking the same basic questions.
The very next poster asks basic question that has been answered many times.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
penroll55:

I never wanted to comment cause most people said i am harsh....yes you all are right when u said others asked questions before coming here but try and check their questions if its same to the ones people asked now.

Let the truth be said,Nigerians especially want people to work for them and dont want to stress their self and they complain agents charge them much and so on. If only new incoming students will take their time and go through the trend i believe most of their questions would have been answered here.

I dont comment any longer just like wip do also cause if you go back maybe 3years you will see most people saying he is harsh and so on,just as most of you are saying worry and others are harsh or not giving room for others to ask.

Lets make an example,wip has answered questions relating to sponsor and visa issues and i myself have done so as well even whet as far to tell how to fill the visa application form but i see people are still asking that and more will still ask same questions cause they felt going through the trend is waste of time when they can ask others to do the work for them.

Well,just my opinion and wish all new incoming students try and read through the trend before asking questions.
which one is "NIGERIANS"? my friend grow up there. if you are not mentally lazy then i see no reason you should withold usefull tips from the top off your brains to render help to people. as an academia or wise below forty as you claim you should atleast refer people to the particular or specific pages to get answers for there question. else stay off the page totally and allow it loose front page on this forum.if thats what all of you want. for me i know where i get my replies from and the source has never failed me the person knows himself. i can stiil swear that most of you especially worry359 where more naive, undermatured, totally clueless from there left to there right about this whole process before now.
prospective students i advice lets keep this thread alive till we achieve our aim. never be demoralize or whatsoever. watever is confusing bring it on, willing people with invincible mental strenght will never relent to refer or offer help, that i know. "one individual helped; is a less of so many confused fellow on this thread. with time february wil come we will all let you rest and render help to intending students while already there. hope to see you all soon.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
zezebabyxoxo: How long does North Cyrus student visa take? Also, between EMU and METU, which is better?
it takes as long as you hasten up with your procession. and as for emu/metu comparism; this is what i found i hope this helps.

Travel / Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme(m): 3:01am On Jan 09
I want to make something very clear here. emu is the best university in North Cyprus!! That is a 100% correct statement.
Everything that the school claims to be is true, all the affiliations with other schools (UK, US, etc) are real! Two simple examples:

1. While I was doing my MSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, just before the Warwick partnership started, a representative from Warwick came to give a talk about ongoing research in their university and he explicitly announced to us that they will soon have a "campus" in emu.

2. Post graduate students who take a course from project management have the chance to go to Canada for a workshop, this is part of the coursework, MSc students in Architecture go to Istanbul as part of their coursework as well.

There are bad people everywhere so saying that emu has bad eggs is not enough reason for it to be a bad school. Yes emu is not Havard, Yale, Oxford or MIT but it is not Near East University (NEU) and certainly not Cyprus International University (CIU); you can't even compare the schools. emu is a world apart from all the other schools in North Cyprus and that includes metu in Güzelyurt.
For your information crossing to the south of Cyprus is not easy especially when you have been in the north as a Nigerian (with KKTC residency stamped on your passport) so if I were you, i will not even have that in mind.

So what if NEU is owned by a billionaire? He has a huge campus, but he has also employed academic staff that have no motivation or passion. emu on the other hand has an equally big and extremely (yes I said extremely) beautiful campus. Given that North Cyprus is only recognized by Turkey as a country, some schools abroad might be skeptical when it comes to transfers but NO emu student has had problems with moving to other countries. I have friends who have moved to the US, UK, Canada and Australia among others.

I can go on and on but the LCM of the issue is that emu way ahead of all other schools on the Island (including the south) but it is your choice, wip7 has not forced anyone to go to emu and even if he is making a percentage why should it bother you? As long as you get what you want which is admission why the hate?

DO NOT GO TO CYPRUS IF NOT FOR STUDY
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
For Cyprus universities, If you start your academic session in February, does it end in July or the next year February?
Re: North Cyprus by vicky89m: 3:54am On Dec 16, 2013
hey everyone
myself vicky
age 24
sex male
region india

m going to apply in gau in feb 2014

anyone going for there

herr in india agents asking fr 4 lac rupees
and giving the 100% gurantee fr visa

any one applying may contact me
mr.randhawa007@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 11:15am On Dec 16, 2013
Gsluv:

Wait a sec you mean university transcript or certificate. Cos there's no way my school will give me d transcript directly. I thought if one applied for masters all I need to take to min of edu is my Bsc Certificate? Pls I dnt get oo

Attest all educational documents you used for admission and attach your WAEC or NECO scratch card.
Re: North Cyprus by Cookies232: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.[b]Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.[/b]Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Cookies232: Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.[b]Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.[/b]Hello everybody. Please did anyone ever encounter this kind of issue: A case whereby EMU sent an admission status that one is admitted and refused to send acceptance letter till the 4th week of admission notification. If there is anyone, please dear brothers and sisters 1. how did you go about it? 2. Did you get the acceptance letter eventually? 3. How long did it cost you to wait? Thanks.

If you applied through wip baba, email him; he will fix it. If via the school website, email the school and ask of your status. If any agent; contact the agent.
Re: North Cyprus by Cookies232: 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
hirise:

If you applied through wip baba, email him; he will fix it. If via the school website, email the school and ask of your status. If any agent; contact the agent.

Thanks, not through Mr Wip but stil there is nothing i'v not done; infact, i applied again n I was givn admissn again too but still there is no acceptance letter; my agent and I had mailed d sch, d response we always get is 'Very soon' Just tired.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Cookies232: Thanks, not through Mr Wip but stil there is nothing i'v not done; infact, i applied again n I was givn admissn again too but still there is no acceptance letter; my agent and I had mailed d sch, d response we always get is 'Very soon' Just tired.

You will not get acceptance letter cos of double or multiple applications, which application number do you want the system to generate on your acceptance letter? the first application number you got when your agent applied or the last one you got when you apply? how do you want the computer to choose? This is one issue we had with those rejected visa last semester and those have troubles entering at the immigration.

I have checked against your name: your name has submitted 4 different applications and its really difficult for the system to choose...dont forget EMU receive over 100 applications weekly. I have informed the admn officer and if i hav time b4 end of this week i will ask on on your case or better yet ask your agent to call the university.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:
which one is "NIGERIANS"? my friend grow up there. if you are not mentally lazy then i see no reason you should withold usefull tips from the top off your brains to render help to people. as an academia or wise below forty as you claim you should atleast refer people to the particular or specific pages to get answers for there question. else stay off the page totally and allow it loose front page on this forum.if thats what all of you want. for me i know where i get my replies from and the source has never failed me the person knows himself. i can stiil swear that most of you especially worry359 where more naive, undermatured, totally clueless from there left to there right about this whole process before now.
prospective students i advice lets keep this thread alive till we achieve our aim. never be demoralize or whatsoever. watever is confusing bring it on, willing people with invincible mental strenght will never relent to refer or offer help, that i know. "one individual helped; is a less of so many confused fellow on this thread. with time february wil come we will all let you rest and render help to intending students while already there. hope to see you all soon.

Thanks,not hear to start exchanging words or insults with you but to say i wish you well. wink
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
penroll55:

Thanks,not hear to start exchanging words or insults with you but to say i wish you well. wink
thanks and i really appreciate you for understanding. hope to see you soon.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
pls BABA WIP, penroll55 and other wise Nlanders, one of the requirements to present to the embassy is certificate of incoporation. what if my sponsor is a salary earner and has no business. should that be replaced with an employment letter?
Re: North Cyprus by Cookies232: 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
wip7:

You will not get acceptance letter cos of double or multiple applications, which application number do you want the system to generate on your acceptance letter? the first application number you got when your agent applied or the last one you got when you apply? how do you want the computer to choose? This is one issue we had with those rejected visa last semester and those have troubles entering at the immigration.

I have checked against your name: your name has submitted 4 different applications and its really difficult for the system to choose...dont forget EMU receive over 100 applications weekly. I have informed the admn officer and if i hav time b4 end of this week i will ask on on your case or better yet ask your agent to call the university.
4 times? This is serious, he didn't even tell me wen he was going to apply for the second time, he told me after admission had bn givn; to let me know that he is really working for the money i paid him. That means he doesn't even have d knowledge of dos n don'ts of applyin to d sch. This is so sorrowful, but sir what else do u think i can do? I don't lik any other sch in NC xcept EMU, and i don't want to stay @ home any longer, I'm seriously tired.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: pls BABA WIP, penroll55 and other wise Nlanders, one of the requirements to present to the embassy is certificate of incoporation. what if my sponsor is a salary earner and has no business. should that be replaced with an employment letter?

I don't think that'd be necessary. Once the bank statement is present, you're good to go.
Re: North Cyprus by EEngineer1(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2013
Hello everyone I hv been reading this thread since and am also considering doing M.sc in north Cyprus. Many questions hv been answered in precious pages but a particular question still bugs me. My question is what is the Cgpa requirement for the different schools like EMu,METU, CIU etc. Pls anyone that has an answer should help me .
Re: North Cyprus by btplotter101: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mr wip7: I want to know if EMU have started sending Names to embassy for the spring semester..
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
btplotter101: Mr wip7: I want to know if EMU have started sending Names to embassy for the spring semester..

before i go on to answer this question,i just want to point out to you that if you had taken just 7mins to read pg129 and 130 you'd have seen the answer to your question. We are trying to make this thread progressive whereby answers are provided to novel questions only.

Ans: the names of those who have recieved confirmation letter has been sent to the embassy in Abuja and the consular should be in receipt of the names this week.
Mr.wip cannot and will not tell you whether on nl,email or otherwise if your name is on the list due to existing internal protocols except perharps in cases where the student applied through him.
You're adviced to contact the registrar to get the lowdown on the including of your name. Now my brother,contacting the registrar is another wahala as they never seem to reply.

Hope that answers your question!
Re: North Cyprus by btplotter101: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thanks For the reply, i will contact my agent to send down my confirmation letter down to me because he has already sent me my acceptance letter since last two weeks. I was suppose to be at EMU for Fall Semester but something came up... am waiting for my school fees to be wave to Spring semester for my confirmation letter to be sent to me. But i have my acceptance letter already.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
onedebos:

before i go on to answer this question,i just want to point out to you that if you had taken just 7mins to read pg129 and 130 you'd have seen the answer to your question. We are trying to make this thread progressive whereby answers are provided to novel questions only.

Ans: the names of those who have recieved confirmation letter has been sent to the embassy in Abuja and the consular should be in receipt of the names this week.
Mr.wip cannot and will not tell you whether on nl,email or otherwise if your name is on the list due to existing internal protocols except perharps in cases where the student applied through him.
You're adviced to contact the registrar to get the lowdown on the including of your name. Now my brother,contacting the registrar is another wahala as they never seem to reply.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks for your help....am suspecting you will be a good student
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
WIP GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAM

WIp7 will be employing JUST ONLY 2 graduates for 1 year graduate TRAINEE and possible extension after successful job welldone. The graduate trainee will receive 120,000N monthly and training on job for period of 1 year. This offer valid till FEB next year (2014) so as to accommodate new graduates.

Details:
A new medium sized factory located in Nigeria into production of FMCG/CPG with production partners in Asia and Turkey.
period of employment: 1 year graduate trainee with possible extension
Salary: as stated and will increase after 1yr.
Requirement: Graduate must be student that got admitted by WIP into any university (EMU or METU).
Applicant: must include old acceptance letter or proof you got admitted via WIP.
Application, CV, certificates and transcript.
Experience not needed as you will be trained on productions or management.
Details must be sent to my email and opened til FEB while other positions get filled.
Subject of email: APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE. After i receive application i shall send you log in details to the company site for programmed test and you shall be interview by me on skype and with the company director at the factory. Other details as you progress.

This is just to give back to hardworking graduate.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
WIP scholarship

ONLY 3 students will be selected for 50% following semester tuition fees. WIP will offer 3 students scholarship based on merit.

Details: student must be admitted by WIP
CGPA: 3.7 above
application: minimum of 5 pages innovative ideas on how you can contribute to the growth of your country either by establish small scale industry or offering sustainable services. Ideas must be genuine, void of plagiarism, must be realistic and must stress on self-employment.
After June 2014, just send me your full name and student number if you qualify and other details will be given to you and you will receive your cheque if selected.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by EEngineer1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
Oga WIP pls answer my question concerning cgpa requirements.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.