Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,494 members, 7,888,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (780605 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 5:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:
yep ooo!!. i did. got appointment date jan 3rd and no. 01. but still gathering my papers.

just returned from Ministry of edu abj on saturday. currently in lagos. most students i met going to cyprus where rushing to ministry of foriegn affairs too but i and some other colleagues told them that its really not pertinent to go there for anything.

advice to others going to avoid going on a fruitless journey they've all planned not to work this week till jan 6. sorry for passing the info late but just note that. i have been suffering from the abuja's hazzy wind and cold.

Bro ow long did d authentication take, is it something i can do in one day? And its like u already booked appointment with the embassy before paying your scl fees? Nwayz pls reply my first question, m planning to go to abuja on d 6th for authentication, wanna know if its something i can do in one day.
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 8:01am On Dec 24, 2013
Thanks so much. Please which email address can I send it to because no one has replied any of my mails, and would it affect my scholarship? Also are you saying that my A levels would now form part of my aggregate result, also what year would I now start with this result?
onedebos:

Aunty,no need to make this thread unnecessarily long na,you could have asked all your questions in one post.

For the best accomodation, visit the emu international office page and navigate your way around. You can google the IO page.

As per a-levels direct entry, I believe you'd need to send them your results.
They'd then compare d modules you took at AS and A2 and give you credits for that at EMU meaning you wouldn't have to take a full course load and can graduate in a shorter length of time.

Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 10:32am On Dec 24, 2013
zezebabyxoxo: Thanks so much. Please which email address can I send it to because no one has replied any of my mails, and would it affect my scholarship? Also are you saying that my A levels would now form part of my aggregate result, also what year would I now start with this result?
u can send an email to mr wip, skull4una@gmail.com, stating your course of study e.g undergrag or masters also with your documents, read page 131 on this thread you'll see what I wrote their.

My 3 spoons

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Xmas wishes from EMU........

Re: North Cyprus by zayyanmahmoud: 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hello house,
please I have some issues I want to sort out, I have made my initial deposits to the school and I have gotten my unconditional offer, please how do I make an appointment at the Turkish embassy.

thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
zayyanmahmoud: Hello house,
please I have some issues I want to sort out, I have made my initial deposits to the school and I have gotten my unconditional offer, please how do I make an appointment at the Turkish embassy.

thanks
read page 131 and 132,you will see what your looking for.

My 3 spoons
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Adepupo12: bro are u giong for masters or undergraduate?
masters
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
onedebos:

Alright that's great man. So that means anyone that gets an appointment earlier than jan6 and hasn't been to MOE wouldve 2 reschedule appointment.

From what I've been reading, I'm not seeing anyone here with a december appointment.
rescheduling wouldnt be bad but i dont know how safe it is and how its done.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Gsluv:

Bro ow long did d authentication take, is it something i can do in one day? And its like u already booked appointment with the embassy before paying your scl fees? Nwayz pls reply my first question, m planning to go to abuja on d 6th for authentication, wanna know if its something i can do in one day.
yes, even less than a day. when you get to 8th floor of the secretariat ask of MOE's office for evaluation and authentication, inside the office you will see a post of A4 sized paper pasted inside of a transparent glass that has a skye bank info of where to pay the money for the number of result you which to authenticate. so you know the number of result you want to authenticate as each cost #300. so if it olevel, degree and transcript, thats #900. rush staright to the bank once you get the info make the payment and come back with your teller and wait for them to open their office cos they open up by 10am so by then you are already set for the whole change of teller to reciept and submission of documents. while others are busy waiting to be refered to the bank you are already done and submitted. i bet you if you submit before 11am your doc will be among the once to be sent in early for signing and by 2pm or so you are done. *ceteris paribus* all things being equal.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
wip7: Xmas wishes from EMU........
same to YOU, as we prepare and hope to do that with you practically next year. best wishes
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ilodigweudoka: A copy of certificate of income tax clearance of the sponsor, . i am seriously having prob with this. for my sponsor cant lay his hand on it. pls can someone advice me plz.
anyone with help on this i still need advice on it pls. our oga them; wip baba, Penroll and others help ooooo.
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:
yes, even less than a day. when you get to 8th floor of the secretariat ask of MOE's office for evaluation and authentication, inside the office you will see a post of A4 sized paper pasted inside of a transparent glass that has a skye bank info of where to pay the money for the number of result you which to authenticate. so you know the number of result you want to authenticate as each cost #300. so if it olevel, degree and transcript, thats #900. rush staright to the bank once you get the info make the payment and come back with your teller and wait for them to open their office cos they open up by 10am so by then you are already set for the whole change of teller to reciept and submission of documents. while others are busy waiting to be refered to the bank you are already done and submitted. i bet you if you submit before 11am your doc will be among the once to be sent in early for signing and by 2pm or so you are done. *ceteris paribus* all things being equal.

Thnks so much bro. Since i am going in for masters i don't need to authenticate O levels ryt? Just my Bsc and ofcourse school can't give me my transcript. Thnks anyways dts a relief
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:
anyone with help on this i still need advice on it pls. our oga them; wip baba, Penroll and others help ooooo.

it's not a big deal man. You only need it if you're using company account. If you're using the personal account of your sponsor you don't need it.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ilodigweudoka:

I'm sure you do not have the original copy of your result so you needed to authenticate the copy you've because I believe those with either original result (o-levels/Bsc transcript) and foreign O and A-levels do not need authentication from MOE.
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
jst got my international passp. 2dai, wuld b applyin on d 26th n hopfuly payin my fees b4 d 4th of jan. Hp its nt 2 late?n its Emu by d way.
Re: North Cyprus by Drpak: 12:04am On Dec 25, 2013
Am not suprise by the no of students planning to live naija insearch of better and stable education. I salute u all for the brave and courageous decision. But what annoy me most is how agents extort money from candidates in the name of offering admissions and are not well informed on the prons and cons of living abroad. I left naija since 2010 am doing well till naw 'nt cyprus ooo' in the middle east. I wish the prospective students a comfortable and a nice stay during their studies. Am nt suprise with the post above when someone said he was involve in an argument wch says' he can trek from cyprus to turkey' because they are nt well informed. I have heard a lot of such, I urge the young potential nigerians to make deep research on where they are heading to rather than relying on agents for information that has to do with their lifes. Enjoy ur studies
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 7:44am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry christmas and a prosperous new year to you all, Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
guys, on d list of required docs 4 d turkish embassy, it was nt stated dat declaratn of age was nided. My qst is shld i go with it u knw, jst in case...
Re: North Cyprus by dfutbolar: 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
trojanni: guys, on d list of required docs 4 d turkish embassy, it was nt stated dat declaratn of age was nided. My qst is shld i go with it u knw, jst in case...

i tink it is required for those goin for undergraduate programs due to d age limit for undergraduate
Re: North Cyprus by dfutbolar: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
trojanni: guys, on d list of required docs 4 d turkish embassy, it was nt stated dat declaratn of age was nided. My qst is shld i go with it u knw, jst in case...
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
@wip7

Please use the report button a lot more, i can see that some questionable characters have invaded the thread.

Thank you and happy xmas
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
justwise: @wip7

Please use the report button a lot more, i can see that some questionable characters have invaded the thread.

Thank you and happy xmas

I will surely use that boss...too much questionable characters......will u be coming to our island for new year celebration? if yes, let us know atleast 2days for proper and special dishes!!!!! Wish u all the best of the new year!
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2013

If the age on your passport and documents tally, why would you need it.

And where did you see It stated as a requirement?
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
onedebos:

If the age on your passport and documents tally, why would you need it.

And where did you see It stated as a requirement?
i did nt say it was part of d requiremnts, i jst askd if it wuld cm in handy at d embassy
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
trojanni: i did nt say it was part of d requiremnts, i jst askd if it wuld cm in handy at d embassy

Alright didn't read your message correctly at first.
Its not necessary if the age on your documents rhyme and you aren't past the age of 25, that's if you're applying as an undergrad.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
Anyone here knows guest inns that are closest to the embassy and inexpensive so that prospective applicants will be aware?

We've heard maitama and salem.any others?
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
onedebos: Anyone here knows guest inns that are closest to the embassy and inexpensive so that prospective applicants will be aware?

yeh pls, anybdy wit useful info on dis shld pls cm up. Buh 2 d bst of my knowldge, al guest inns r quiet on d high buh surely dia mst b sum quiet affordable. Kip d comments rolln in
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
onedebos:

I'm sure you do not have the original copy of your result so you needed to authenticate the copy you've because I believe those with either original result (o-levels/Bsc transcript) and foreign O and A-levels do not need authentication from MOE.
among the study visa application 14 requirements no. 9 and 10 states: proof of basic education, copies of graduation diploma and certificates duly signed and approved by the federal ministry of education and the ministry of foriegn affairs thereafter.
i have all my original results and they were all stamped and signed on. and mind you everything done there starts with your olevel, some where even asked to buy scratch card so they can verify online. at the end you will go with one photocopy and your original docs all duly signed and stamped.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
onedebos: Anyone here knows guest inns that are closest to the embassy and inexpensive so that prospective applicants will be aware?

pekolyn hotel ltd. kubwa. before police housing college. had a friend that lodged there he said the place is neat n cool n quiet infact he was suprised at the view cos a taxi driver took him there. #2500
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wow just gotten my admission, thank God........merry christmas people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.