Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,476 members, 7,937,399 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) (11255 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by dreeldee: 12:01am On Nov 16, 2009
walakolobo:

Same, the economic condition of a country is not measures solely on the basis of the pictures the poster started with - cant you make a simple analogy??
All that implies is that Nigeria still has a long way to go, I have seen both sides of the world, so have many people on this forum and none will deny that fact, your "beautiful" pictures can't change it, Nigeria is a mess and not what you're making her to be. A country with little or no middle class citizen and only the extremely rich and the wretched is a joke.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by naijaking1: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2009
walakolobo:

Same, the economic condition of a country is not measures solely on the basis of the pictures the poster started with - cant you make a simple analogy??
Here's an analogy: In Nigeria the roads are 90% bad, in the US, most of the roads are so good that people pay to go ride their 4x4 off road vehicles in dirt roads just for the fun of it. I hope those are not the pictures you're showing us here.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 16, 2009
dreeldee:

@Tosh and his allies

Justification of bad governance, keep deceiving yourselves. At the end of the day, the fact still remains that the average Nigerian don't live a good life, or anything close to your pictures. The economic condition of a country isn't measured solely on the basis of a National Stadium (never well maintained anyways except when needed for major competition), National theatre or the other pictures you posted.

Nigeria is you're from a third world country.

Deal with it.

No one  said life was fair.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2009
FL Gators:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/198365_image027_jpgb4a04c13c933018e53597cf60774073b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/198367_image029_jpgb457c1b06d401eecb006827473515555

These pixs are too dangerous. The boy could easily drown as well as one of those kids can easily fall of that bike.

Yayyyy!!!

seriously- must you mock people simply because they're poor?

true- bikes are dangerous but for some people, the alternative is walking long distances. Nothing wrong with that anyway. however, in this instance, the man is wrong for putting those children on the bike.

as for the naked boy standing by the water- there are places in nigeria called riverine areas-the houses are normally built on stilts, and yes, the people tend to be poor. However, most of them know how to swim since they're taught that at a young age. And yes, the mother could have put some clothes on him no matter how ragged or dirty but her reasons for not doing so are best known to her.

Do you volunteer at any of the local shelters in your area? That might be a good way to get your mind off Nigeria and its problems.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 16, 2009
Identify the parts or fragments of my post where I mocked the poor.

Is that what's on your mind? Does it really matter how poor or rich the environment is?

Look at the pixs and tell me if you do not see any danger in it.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2009
FL Gators:

Identify the parts or fragments of my post where I mocked the poor.

Is that what's on your mind? Does it really matter how poor or rich the environment is?

Look at the pixs and tell me if you do not see any danger in it.

I agree the okada picture is dangerous, even if the man is their father. Fashola himself is warning people of the dangers of bike transport. However, the alternative may be walking long distances to school or spending the little money available on other transportation.

the boy by the water lives in a house built on stilts- thats a common sight in riverine areas.However, most of the people living there know how to swim.

Your yaayyy at the end of your post makes it look like you're mocking them because they dont the same kind of things you have.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 5:55am On Nov 16, 2009
Tpia nobody in their right mind would mock poor people, but my understanding of the rationale behind the posting of the above pictures of Nigeria's chronic squalor is that many Nigerian PATRIOTS continue to insist that poverty in their homeland is in some way comparable to what one would see in the West, and is thus "acceptable" in some far-fetched, twisted way.

The pictures of death-trap chasms waiting to swallow up and kill unsuspecting Nigerian motorists are not an indictment of the motorists, but of the "government" and its kleptomaniac officials, who would rather steal all the state funding entrusted to them for road repairs, for example, diverting that loot to build gaudy private mansions and purchase flashy cars to cruise amid the filth and decay perpetuated by their own compulsive greed, coupled with the historic  failure of the Nigerian state to prosecute the embezzlers that ensure Nigeria remains the laughing stock of the world.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 16, 2009
Jakumo:

Tpia nobody in their right mind would mock poor people, but my understanding of the rationale behind the posting of the above pictures of Nigeria's chronic squalor is that many PATRIOTS in Nigeria continue to insist that poverty in Nigeria is in some way comparable to what one would see in the West, and is thus "acceptable" in some far-fetched, twisted way.

The pictures of death-trap chasms waiting to swallow up and kill unsuspecting Nigerian motorists are not an indictment of the motorists, but of the "government" and its kleptomaniac officials, who would rather steal all the state funding entrusted to them for road repairs, for example, diverting that loot to build gaudy private mansions and purchase flashy cars to cruise amid the filth and decay perpetuated by their own compulsive greed, and the historic failure of the Nigerian state to prosecute the embezzlers that ensure Nigeria remains the laughing stock of the world.

well, they are being helped in their corruption, if thats the case.

Its not just a home grown affair dreamt up solely by the black mind.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 16, 2009
tpia.:

I agree the okada picture is dangerous, even if the man is their father. Fashola himself is warning people of the dangers of bike transport. However, the alternative may be walking long distances to school or spending the little money available on other transportation.

the boy by the water lives in a house built on stlilts- thats a common sight in riverine areas.

Your yaayyy at the end of your post makes it look like you're mocking them because they dont the same kind of things you have.
No, I thought "Yayyyy" is used to express shock  or to exclaim in horror.

Now here's the problem, I didntknow the kid might know how to swim in such a young age. But at the same time, it's unsettling to see such a pix. considering the depth of the water and how young he is.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 5:59am On Nov 16, 2009
tpia.:

well, they are being helped in their corruption, if thats the case.

Its not just a home grown affair dreamt up solely by the black mind.

Is this an attempt to shift all blame for Nigeria's decline and abysmal state towards "disgruntled elements" and "foreign collaborators"?
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by walakolobo: 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
i will rather praise Nigeria for the good pictures i am seeing here.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BlueMagic2(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
After seeing all these pictures both naija and foreign i laugh especially at the comparison! I wonder how some1 can compare the roads in U.S with the roads in Nigeria. I just arrived in U.S a couple of days back, and was so impressed with everything i saw, being my first time here. To be honest i live in Texas and i saw pot holes but nothing compared with what we have in Nigeria which are land mines. Mind you the only perfect place is heaven and there's no1 that has been there and come back to tell us how it is. Before leaving naija for U.S having spent more than 25years i was able to have visited most places in Nigeria. North, south, east & west of Nigeria and to be honest with you everywhere in Nigeria sucks even the so called Abuja, where there was a recent flood situation. The point i am trying to make is NIGERIA has no excuse to be in the state it is 2day. Having been blessed with abundant natural and human resources. Imagine on the day i was to travel there wasn't aviation fuel, we had to fly to Ghana to get aviation fuel before we could proceed, and we produce crude oil. There is a whole lot wrong, like some1 said the PEOPLE are not to blame but the LEADERS. True to some extent, but how can the PEOPLE keep allowing FOOLISH LEADERS to keep leading them. Like the saying goes " In the land of the blind only the 1 eyed man is king" ARE WE ALL BLIND?
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by walakolobo: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
^^^^^Well done sir

Wait until you see the other sideof America, homeless folks, people under the bridge, New Orleans etc, and you will blame America for the kind of leaders she had had over the years! I am sure people like you will come back home and start speaking with one side of their nose because the American language is better than Naija own.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BabaGoSlow: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2009
Tpia, you are truly delusional!  As long as there are Nigerians who think like you, this terrible state of affairs will continue.  Jakumo presents an intelligent, balanced view.  Walakolobo, on the other hand, is just simply either uneducated or blinkered, maybe both.

Every country has its problems but how can you  compare the number of homeless and poverty stricken in the states (around 1.2% of the population at best) with the poverty and deprivation in Nigeria where it is the 1-2% of the population, the corrupt and corruptors mostly in Abuja, that deliberately keep the masses downtrodden?  Abuja was deliberately and artificially created to provide a "modern metropolis" where the rich and powerful could meet without having to grind through the ratholes of somewhere like Lagos and avoid having to look the real Nigerian in the eye!

It is unfortunate for Nigerian culture that, upon spying a convoy of shiny new 4x4s bullying their way through the traffic, accompanied by the black shirted thugs laughingly referred to as policemen, the lowly Nigerian will wonder at the site and say" there goes a big man!".  The same goes with many, many pastors who callously take the hard earned monies from your average Nigerian and then lord it over them with all of their ill-gotten gains.  When will you wake up?!!  angry Stop venerating the thieves!

To suggest looking beyond Nigeria's borders for the root cause of this state of affairs is, at best, laughable.  Time to stop blaming others and look inwards for salvation.

Regards

Baba.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by walakolobo: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2009
^^^^Meaningless - no wonder you are called babagoslow.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2009
tpia.:

seriously- must you mock people simply because they're poor?

true- bikes are dangerous but for some people, the alternative is walking long distances. Nothing wrong with that anyway. however, in this instance, the man is wrong for putting those children on the bike.

as for the naked boy standing by the water- there are places in nigeria called riverine areas-the houses are normally built on stilts, and yes, the people tend to be poor. However, most of them know how to swim since they're taught that at a young age. And yes, the mother could have put some clothes on him no matter how ragged or dirty but her reasons for not doing so are best known to her.

Do you volunteer at any of the local shelters in your area? That might be a good way to get your mind off Nigeria and its problems.
I have learnt that a of Nigerians at home and abroad really prefer to complain and balme than to do anything. They wont register, they wont vote, they laugh and mock every effort people make. Some months ago, someone started a move to save Joshua, now we are over 200000 members on Nairaland, and over a 1000 in the political section, if from this section alone everybody gave 1000 we would have raise 1 million, but we talked and talked, complained and complained and the person kept asking and some very good people responded and they sent the money to the hospital, however what pained was that when we wrote what had been raised someone complained that it was too small. At the end of each day pls we should all ask our selves, how much of the complaining that we have done has made Nigeria or any Nigerians life better. We need to talk less and act more. Crucify me
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by redsun(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
aisha2:

I have learnt that a of Nigerians at home and abroad really prefer to complain and balme than to do anything. They wont register, they wont vote, they laugh and mock every effort people make. Some months ago, someone started a move to save Joshua, now we are over 200000 members on Nairaland, and over a 1000 in the political section, if from this section alone everybody gave 1000 we would have raise 1 million, but we talked and talked, complained and complained and the person kept asking and some very good people responded and they sent the money to the hospital, however what pained was that when we wrote what had been raised someone complained that it was too small. At the end of each day pls we should all ask our selves, how much of the complaining that we have done has made Nigeria or any Nigerians life better. We need to talk less and act more. Crucify me

You are damn right,we talk alot of bullshit without doing much but it does not mean nigeria is not in bad hands though but we got to practical in our criticisms.

If we have been able to humanely execute this joshua issue,it would have propelled us into the minds of ordinary nigerians who are conditionally programmed to think that only god can make good things happen.

A rational man is god while the irrational one is the devil,you don't search too far for this motherfuckers,they are all around u.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
redsun:

You are damn right,we talk alot of bullshit without doing much but it does not mean nigeria is not in bad hands though but we got to practical in our criticisms.

If we have been able to humanely execute this joshua issue,it would have propelled us into the minds of ordinary nigerians who are conditionally programmed to think that only god can make good things happen.

A rational man is god while the irrational one is the devil,you don't search too far for this motherfuckers,they are all around u.
God Bless you and add to your wisdom
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by redsun(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
aisha2:

God Bless you and add to your wisdom

Remain positive you too.By their fruits we shall know.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
redsun:

Remain positive you too.By their fruits we shall know.
Thanks
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by alias64: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
[size=18pt]US of A[/size]

Pasting images of vulnerable individuals is morally wrong, I believe. Apart from questions of decency and respect for human dignity there is the question whether we have the right, because of our ability to do so, to paste images without the permission of the individuals portrayed. Nevertheless, I post these because I feel that some people continue to abuse Nigerians and do not seem to understand that Nigerians are fundamentality offended. We are a people who value respect above almost every thing. Perhaps it is only by pasting images of oyibo - whom these posters appear to elevate to godhood - in undignified conditions that these shameless people will understand how Nigerians feel.

Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BabaGoSlow: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2009
One of the refreshing aspects of this thread was that it was started by a Nigerian, and allowed Nigerian to question Nigerian. What you have done is just blatantly racist.
Shame on you.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
^^ ah, dont you just love the naija mentality as demontrated by babagoslow.

the name says it all.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by jona2: 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2009
sad
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BabaGoSlow: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
Tpia,

Irony you slowpoke, Irony!

It's merely a benign dig at our (slightly less than) illustrious leader. Do you not read the news?

Good grief! If you are what most non-Nigerians encounter, no wonder that we have such a bad rep.

Try some positive contribution and please try and lose that huge chip on your shoulder! Perhaps you will then be more level headed (you will notice this as you'll be able to dribble out of both sides of your mouth at the same time)!

Come my friend, I warn you! I have a black belt in repartee!

cool

Baba
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Gekko(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
Now that we can see traces of poverty in USA we can proudly pronounce that Nigeria and USA are on equal footing. wink undecided
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
it seems babagoslow is all fired up and ready to do battle over this issue of Nigeria bad anything white /non-Nigeria better.

see the long thesis he typed up within two seconds of my posting.

clowns full Naija.

let me guess- you've always daydreamed about dating a white girl and you can attack anyone who messes with your fantasy.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
Gekko:

Now that we can see traces of poverty in USA we can proudly pronounce that Nigeria and USA are on equal footing. wink undecided

if thats how you process information in your own world.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BabaGoSlow: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hmmm, still dribbling one-sided? Perhaps you soiled yourself too!?

Seriously, pea-brain, don't bring a banana to a gunfight!

If I had some fish food, I'd feed you. Minnow.

grin
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2009
you want to be famous on NL and are looking to do so via tpia, right?

try harder and step on it, illiterate.

If I soiled myself then you must be waddling in your own excrement. It probably spilled from your mouth too.
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by BabaGoSlow: 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2009
Ha ha tpia (what the hell does that mean anyway?)!  Thank you for helping to prove my point!  tongue

Illiterate?  Hmm, let me see now,
I believe that sentences start with a capital letter, dumbass (at least for educated folk!).
Now, as for wanting to be famous?  What planet are you from slowpoke?  Why would I even bother, except for the fact that self important, self promoting self loathers like you tend to push my buttons, when I am not doing something important?
You mean no more to me than watching a dog food commercial.  You are just a toy that I will play with when , and if I feel like it and, because you have all of the intelligence of Pavlov's dog (use Wikipedia, dumbo), you will rise every single time to the bait.

Now try and conserve some of your precious rare intellectual reserves for something meaningful, like cleaning yourself after you have defectated in a bush.

As a riposte, your last effort was rather pathetic. 3/10, should do better but can't due to the lack of grey matter!  kiss 

Step on it?  LMAO, I think all can see that I am already stepping on you, intellectually speaking.  I think your brain is 419-ing your mouth a little young lady!

If (I guess I really mean when) you try another riposte, please try something original and not just rely on turning around one of my soft barbs.

As another brighter brother said on this forum: "If intelligence was dynamite, tpia would not have enough to blow her nose"!

Enough said.

Good night little girl,

grin

Casts hook into the water and waits patiently,
Re: State Of Nigeria (in Pictures) by walakolobo: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2009
babagoslow is new in America- he is barely two weeks old- what do you expect him to say! Not surprised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What The Igala People Of Kogi State Are Saying About Audu's Death / Senate Summons IGP Mohammed Adamu Over Killings / Lucky Irabor: No Person Or Group Can Stop 2023 Elections In The South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.