Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:41 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (22916 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Breaking: Jonathan Comes For Jega, As Private Military Men Invade ICC / As Jonathan Comes To America Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2009
You are jogging around ring road yet again.

Be reasonable - what type of minor ailment necessitates constant trips to Germany and Saudi Arabia for treatment?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
I asked you a straightforward question requiring you provide at least substantial information to show this man is INCAPABLE of doing his job as a result of his health.

He is in Saudi Arabia for health reasons DOES NOT satisfy the question in any way, after all he is a man and last I checked, even presidents do take ill from time to time and those that have one illness or another to deal with, deal with it on the side and still deliver. Disabled people across the world work and make a living using their minds. Not sure how anyone would interprete Yar adua being in hospital somewhere in saudi arabia as sufficient evidence he is incapable of doing his job.

He was suffering the major part of this during his  8 years as governor of Katsina. Should we now BAR people from running for presidency on the grounds if ILL? Come on!!! I am sure even you can think through what we have to realize that there is little we can do to directly LINK his health issues to his performance so far as president or even his institutionalizing sharia while he was governor in Katsina.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by richiyke1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
what happend to our presdent is he 5alife or has he caput
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 3:14am On Dec 04, 2009
naijaking1:

I don't blame him, that Clark name has become a poison pill by itself. I think he meant the so-called Ijaw leader who's been promoting his narrow selfish interest from time immemorial.
You know the one(s) who thought that Igbos were frustrating his chances of success in the civil service, the one fighting M.T Mbu, the one fighting Amechi in PH, the one fighting Ibori, and now fighting Uduaghan, you know that Clark, the one fighting everybody.

thank you Naijaking1,
Clark the one fighting everybody for his own selfish,greedy interest.
the father of all militants (criminals).
Beaf my apologies for the mix up.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 5:02am On Dec 04, 2009
kobojunkie:
a) I HAVE NEVER BEEN FOR removing him simply because of his health, since I am not sure that is actually posing a HINDERANCE of any kind to him doing his job. He came into office, after 8 years as governor of Katsina state, with that same illness. There seems really no signs that the illness has directly IMPACTED his ability to do his job. I mean sure, he has taken so many vacations to go treat Himself but even a hypochrondiac could do same.

b) I however for frustrating him into resigning or even trying to use any of the other reasons in the constitution against him as method to get him to quit or drive him to the point where his health actually hinders his ability to perform ( now that sounds cold but I think the fact that he is holding the country hostage is colder). That is why His performance, so many vacations etc could be brought up as reasons for his removal -- we have good lawyers who could make sure to drag it for as long as he wants and cause him to fold in the end. Either that or we

a) accept that we are AT THE MERCY of this man

b) Likely to see him come in for a second term with the same

c) Probably never get another chance to do this

I was not discussing his Health as real reason, and I think we moved away from the @Poster's message a long time ago.

Jesu! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A bare faced exercise in absolute balderdash. . . The above must win you an award.
Every statement above totally contradicts one or more of the others. Never was there a time when so much contradictictory rubbish was written with so much gusto. . . .Sad. embarassed
You really don't have to stretch things this thin because the argument has left you behind.

. . .Now I know why someone was kind enough to donate this "hugely" convincing babe to the topic https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.384.html#msg5042308. Kobojunkie, let her "sit" on you and by morning, you'll be reasoning straight (and no doubt with a fresh skip in your step).
. . .One last thing, no one has left the original topic (except you are telling us that you have).
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 5:09am On Dec 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I asked you a straightforward question requiring you provide at least substantial information to show this man is INCAPABLE of doing his job as a result of his health.

He is in Saudi Arabia for health reasons DOES NOT satisfy the question in any way, after all he is a man and last I checked, even presidents do take ill from time to time and those that have one illness or another to deal with, deal with it on the side and still deliver. Disabled people across the world work and make a living using their minds.  Not sure how anyone would interprete Yar adua  being in hospital somewhere in saudi arabia as sufficient evidence he is incapable of doing his job.

He was suffering the major part of this during his  8 years as governor of Katsina. Should we now BAR people from running for presidency on the grounds if ILL? Come on!!! I am sure even you can think through what we have to realize that there is little we can do to directly LINK his health issues to his performance so far as president or even his institutionalizing sharia while he was governor in Katsina.

Funny guy.
[size=14pt]Where is our president and why?[/size]

Consider the difference two years can make. Yar Adua in 2007 (left), 2009 (middle) and 2008 (right). Sourced from the BBC.

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by becomrich15: 5:32am On Dec 04, 2009
Here is my question that Jonathan need to ask himself.
What is best for the Ijaw people.

a. To be part of Nigeria
b. To join the republic of Benin.

Answer the best thing for the ijaw people is to be part of benin republic.
And Jonathan have to do what is best for the ijaw people. Bro jona. I get some, to show you. agree. I see something you know see.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:42am On Dec 04, 2009
With these picture, it is time for someone to have a serious talk with his greedy bastard of a wife and tell the man to quit to take care of his health, only a man that is alive can lead a nation.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2009
first of all, he should quit smoking.
it will not do him any harm.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 04, 2009
The governors' forum held a meeting last night and they were divided over jonathan acting in yaradua's absence,
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912045194826
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

With these picture, it is time for someone to have a serious talk with his greedy bastard of a wife and tell the man to quit to take care of his health, only a man that is alive can lead a nation.

How sure are you that the media is not responsible for "cooking up" a huge majority of the stories about the woman whom you refer to as his greedy bastard of a wife?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mbulela: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

How sure are you that the media is not responsible for "cooking up" a huge majority of the stories about the woman whom you refer to as his greedy bastard of a wife?

that thought has crossed my mind several times.
the line between tabloid journalism and serious journalism has long been blurred in Nigeria.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by shomyk: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
i'm not surprised atall my fellow. what do u expect of leaders that have no regard for the subjects, not to talk of the law.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by emmydee(m): 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
may god bless our president, umaru musa yar'adua!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2009
emmydee:

may god bless our president, umaru musa yar'adua!

Yes, may God bless him, but does the constituition also bless him, does he also bless the constituition, does he also bless Nigeria?

. . .Questions.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 05, 2009
goodness knows whats going on in that country.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by naijaking1: 1:53am On Dec 05, 2009
~Bluetooth:

The governors' forum held a meeting last night and they were divided over jonathan acting in yaradua's absence,
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912045194826

That meeting was a childish political move by Gov. Saraki of Kwara to rally governors around and blunt the call for the president to resign.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by IchieStan: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2009
I think this Paroh_frey thinks she is in a HAIR DRESSERS SHOP that make her open her mouth so wide to expose her uncivilized, untutored, dirty personality to the whole world. If I were your husband, I would have debarred you from anything that will make you come in contact with the general public again. Be Careful what and how you talk
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by yonybanta(m): 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2009
This pressure is coming from the north i believe because of their insensitive and domineering mode of politics they want Goodluck to also resign for them to fulfilled their selfish ambition. I'm from north but i will never support such barbaric form of politics in my life time.

The constitution made it clear that under such circumstances like ill-health or any fault on the side of President, his Deputy should take over. For heaven sake, is the zoning from the political party more important than our constitution?

There has been recommendations for amendment of constitution such that president and his vice will depart office together in case of any impeachment or resignation , but since the constitution has not yet been amended Goodluck still remain the valid candidate to replace Yar'Adua in case he resign
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by MAYOWAAK: 11:27am On Dec 07, 2009
The disintegration of Nigeria is at hand.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by kokoA(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2009
MAYOWAAK:

The disintegration of Nigeria is at hand.

Is it compulsory to post? See your mouth like disintegration.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by MAYOWAAK: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
KOKOA,What benefit and value has Nigeria conferred on you despite her size.Perhaps your father, mother and your family members are members of the vagabonds in power that has milked Nigeria dry by their wickedness in high places.Your ilk are the type that wants the shenanigan and charade to ontinue.Small countries llike Iceland,Luxembourg,Norway,Finlandand Sweden are cosistently on the the top 10 countries with the higest standard of living according tu UN statistics but your big for nothing country struggles with war ravaged countries like Sudan and Somalia for the award of the worst standard of living.

Do not for a moment think that I am an anarchist but the signs are evident for all to see,even the clinically blind are aware of that fact that Nigeria is on a precipice.

A sovereign National Conference with unlimited terms of refernce with chosen representatives of the over 250 ethnic groups is the only antidote to the eventual balkanization of Nigeria.

On a final note KOKO A,you must learn to be courteous and well mannered in your responses.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by MAYOWAAK: 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
kokoA:

Is it compulsory to post? See your mouth like disintegration.

KOKOA,What benefit and value has Nigeria conferred on you despite her size.Perhaps your father, mother and your family members are members of the vagabonds in power that has milked Nigeria dry by their wickedness in high places.Your ilk are the type that wants the shenanigan and charade to ontinue.Small countries llike Iceland,Luxembourg,Norway,Finlandand Sweden are cosistently on the the top 10 countries with the higest standard of living according tu UN statistics but your big for nothing country struggles with war ravaged countries like Sudan and Somalia for the award of the worst standard of living.

Do not for a moment think that I am an anarchist but the signs are evident for all to see,even the clinically blind are aware of that fact.

A sovereign National Conference with unlimited terms of refernce with chosen representatives of the over 250 ethnic groups is the only antidote to the eventual balkanization of Nigeria.

On a final note KOKO A,you must learn to be courteous and well mannered in your responses.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mamagee3(f): 3:01am On Dec 08, 2009
He needs to resign angry
He does nothing
. angry
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Dannyboyz(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2009
What is needed is a strategy for change, a tactical program, we need a chart, we need a compass. Indeed, we need God's divine intervention to guide us into a future shrouded with impenetrable uncertainties.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2009
mama-gee:

He needs to resign angry
He does nothing
. angry

He really is just a figurehead and definitely not president material. It has been how many weeks now since the government of Nigeria has been moved abroad. The Vice President has yet to even raise an alarm or express concern of any kind. He is really just another pathetic Nigerian.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

He really is just a figurehead and definitely not president material. It has been how many weeks now since the government of Nigeria has been moved abroad. The Vice President has yet to even raise an alarm or express concern of any kind. He is really just another pathetic Nigerian.

I am trying to reconcile your befuddled and duplicitous post above with your  contradictory and shameless post below.

Kobojunkie:

He is in Saudi Arabia for health reasons DOES NOT satisfy the question in any way, after all he is a man and last I checked, even presidents do take ill from time to time and those that have one illness or another to deal with, deal with it on the side and still deliver.

Disabled people across the world work and make a living using their minds.  Not sure how anyone would interprete Yar adua  being in hospital somewhere in saudi arabia as sufficient evidence he is incapable of doing his job.

He was suffering the major part of this during his  8 years as governor of Katsina. Should we now BAR people from running for presidency on the grounds if ILL? Come on!!! [/b]I am sure even you can think through what

[b]we have to realize that there is little we can do to directly LINK his health issues to his performance so far as president
or even his institutionalizing sharia while he was governor in Katsina.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2009
when you are ready to debate HONESTLY, let me know. Till then, continue to deceive yourself into thinking one does not already know you know what is being said.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Becomrich17: 4:49am On Mar 24, 2010
are saying he is running
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by maltanczyki: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
yorki yorki maltańczyki opis rasy maltańczyki pielęgnacja maltańczyki wikipedia
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by maltanczyki: 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
maltańczyk maltańczyki opis rasy pies maltańczyk forum maltańczyki maltańczyki hodowla

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Governor Almakura Gives Car & Money To Physically Challenged Lady Without Legs / Ganduje: I’m Ready To Reconcile With Kwankwaso / FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.