Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,314 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (22963 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Breaking: Jonathan Comes For Jega, As Private Military Men Invade ICC / As Jonathan Comes To America Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
Femmy,
Rotational presidency is PROBABLY the only way I can become a president in Nigeria. So why should I not like it? The alternative will be division of the country. Whichever of these two comes, I am comfy with. You need to worry about both today and the future. That is how you achieve sustainable development. So please hold on to your own opinion and do not refer to my wish as pathetic ok?

Jonathan has been a dummy anyways, and i'm noot excited in him having another four years of Yaradua -like dumbness?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Depilot(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
I am an ardent believer of rotational presidency
I do not think it is an effective policy.
We are better off keeping it simple and original, Majority carry the vote.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
Depilot:

Majority does not carry the vote in Nigeria; rigging does. So wee need to adopt something that works for us and rotational presidency so far appears to be one of such things
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Femmy,
Rotational presidency is PROBABLY the only way I can become a president in Nigeria. So why should I not like it? The alternative will be division of the country. Whichever of these two comes, I am comfy with. You need to worry about both today and the future. That is how you achieve sustainable development. So please hold on to your own opinion and do not refer to my wish as pathetic ok?

Jonathan has been a dummy anyways, and i'm noot excited in him having another four years of Yaradua -like dumbness?

my brother, you best opportunity at being a president in Nigeria is by public vote and let people judge you by who you and what you can offer, and that is what i call democracy and not the lame stupidity of the rotational presidency.
I have not being following Jonathan, so i have no idea how useful or useless he has been, but according to law, he is the VP and he was chosen for a purpose, which is " take over if the president cant continue" and that shd be uphold and not remove the mat off his ass cos he is not an hausa man.
Depilot:

I am so with you on that, Pal
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Majority does not carry the vote in Nigeria; rigging does. So wee need to adopt something that works for us and rotational presidency so far appears to be one of such things

We can not say cos majority is yet to carry the vote in Nigeria we will now be rotating presidency, so tell me, what why are other tribes in Nigeria contesting in the election then, if it has been decided that only Hausa man can rule till 2014?
We need to find a solution and not just settle for the stupidity of the leaders
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2009
Fhemmy,

Do you know Switzerland and how their presidency works? It is based on rotation between the 6 cantoons that make up the country, some of which speak different languages: French, German and Italian. In a tribally-divided country like Nigeria, everyone has to be accomodated in one way of the other.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Fhemmy,

Do you know Switzerland and how their presidency works? It is based on rotation between the 6 cantoons that make up the country, some of which speak different languages: French, German and Italian.

Regardless of how they do it there, it can and will never work in Nigeria.
Switzland is a nation of humans and their leaders there are humans as well, unlike Nigeria where animals are ruling monkeys
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
So is the system you advocate for working?
At least there has been peace in terms of who will rule Nigeria since the rot presidency thing came on board. With rot pres, at least we are conscious that someone from the east or south south will rule in 2015 and it is up to all Nigerians to get the best person from one of these regions.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Depilot(m): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2009
Are you telling me that there isn't rigging in rotational presedency?
Bros, you're not serious, you must be fooloing around.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
Depilot:

Are you telling me that there isn't rigging in rotational presedency?
Bros, you're not serious, you must be fooloing around.

Never said so, just trying to let you see the hole in your own assertion you presented as though perfect. In any case, it is my opinion that it will be easier to tackle rigging in Nigeria if only a group is presenting a candidate than where each group does and therefore multiple reasons for each to rig.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

So is the system you advocate for working?
At least there has been peace in terms of who will rule Nigeria since the rot presidency thing came on board. With rot pres, at least we are conscious that someone from the east of south south will rule in 2015 and it is up to all Nigerians to get the best person from one of these regions.

Show me the peace.
What kinda peace made Atiku to debunk to another party, or make Buhari to wanna form another party, or that made some easterners to be so pissed, where is the peace, cos i am yet to see one?
Rotational presidency to me = it is our time to make some money too.
I dont see any leadership, by the way, tell me why we have to vote then, if it is automatic that hausa has to rule for 8 years, why not allow the leaders in the place to just chose some dumb idiots like we have always be doing and just stop wasting billions of Niara on elections?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Depilot(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2009
Rotational presidency is nothing, but a policy that is designed for hopeless groups.
May be USA should also follow the same policy: Spanish for 8 yrs, Black for another 8 yrs and 8 yrs for the white too.
Very stupid and an easy way to degrade the presidential position.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Never said so, just trying to let you see the hole in your own assertion you presented as though perfect.

No one says it is perfect, but i still blv in that better than the stupid rotational presidency.
What if there is no one in the south in a particular term that could assume the office of the presidency, according to what is best for the nation, will we just let someone just rule sha, all cos it is the turn of the south to rule?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Depilot(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
What if there is no one in the south in a particular term that could assume the office of the presidency
A very great point
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
Depilot:

Rotational presidency is nothing, but a policy that is designed for hopeless groups.
May be USA should also follow the same policy: Spanish for 8 yrs, Black for another 8 yrs and 8 yrs for the white too.
Very stupid and an easy way to degrade the presidential position.

Lol, i am laffing out so loud, i guess soon, they will be rotating the governorship office too, based on cities and soon, the local chairman will be rotating based on streets that people lived in.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
Fhemmy, the peace is relative and I doubt that you can compare the present style to the more deadly tribal politics played by Zik and Awo and the North
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2009
What if there is no one in the south in a particular term that could assume the office of the presidency
How can there be nobody in any region to assume the presidency in a country of 150 mill and each group having no less than 20 mill? Are you kidding me?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Fhemmy, the peace is relative and I doubt that you can compare the present style to the more deadly tribal politics played by Zik and Awo and the North

What is the difference of the tribal politics played then, if we now allow tribes to rule and not the person best fit for the job, isnt that same as newly versioned tribal $hit?
We shd find a way to refine the system that we have, grassroot real election where someone will emerge and run and find a way to make sure that the vote count and no look for easy way out by handpicking based on the tribe.
I call that glorious bull
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

How can there be nobody in any region to assume the presidency in a country of 150 mill and each group having no less than 20 mill? Are you kidding me?

I am not kidding you sir, i am telling you the way it is.
Take the northerners as example, most of them dont even know what Nigerian needs.
Most Yoruba are so close minded, that they will fix the problems in Ondo, Lagos, Oyo, oshun and all those bush, before they remember they need to take care of the rest of the nation.
Ibo man will make sure that Sanusi is gone and replaced by another Soludo, cos they are now in power, so tell me, is that improvement of back to the basics at all times?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What is the difference of the tribal politics played then, if we now allow tribes to rule and not the person best fit for the job, isnt that same as newly versioned tribal $hit?
We shd find a way to refine the system that we have, grassroot real election where someone will emerge and run and find a way to make sure that the vote count and no look for easy way out by handpicking based on the tribe.
I call that glorious bull

The difference is that other tribes have agreed and are in support of one tribe to rule unlike those days that each tribe fought its own political battle for tribal reasons. By the way, rotational presidency is not tribal presidency; the south south is not a tribe, neither are the north central and the north east.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

The question is a valid one considering for almost 2 decades, we have yet to produce real COMPETENT candidates from most any of the zones. Most all that have come forward, have either emerged as candidates with questionable pasts and experiences, or even no experience at all.

So, I do hope you consider that as you shout to the roof about your support for rotational presidency. Nigeria is NOT switzerland.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by naijaking1: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Femmy,

Hoping to become president via rotational presidency is like wishing for pies in the sky, it will never come. There is no reason Hausa/Fulani people who have tasted power, enjoyed power will just let it slide away. Trust me, the day rotational presidency selects an Igboman or SS person to run for PDP, Hausa people will vote en mass for their ANPP candidate, and you would have another explanation.
Rotational presidency and federal character are subject to the biased interpretations of the people in power. Remember how they complained about too many southerners working in the low position caders of CBN? Now we have the Fin. minister, min. of national plannning, the president, and even the CBN governor all from one state, and you wonder where is federal character?
When the time comes, the people advocating rotational presidency now will find another excuse not obey their own protocols. I remember what Rimi said about Ekwueme when he was about to become the PDP flagbearer in 1999.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am not kidding you sir, i am telling you the way it is.
Take the northerners as example, most of them dont even know what Nigerian needs.
Most Yoruba are so close minded, that they will fix the problems in Ondo, Lagos, Oyo, oshun and all those bush, before they remember they need to take care of the rest of the nation.
Ibo man will make sure that Sanusi is gone and replaced by another Soludo, cos they are now in power, so tell me, is that improvement of back to the basics at all times?

Stop mixing two things. We will still have the senate and rep to counter-balance. The president cannot ride the boat alone.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The question is a valid one considering for almost 2 decades, we have yet to produce real COMPETENT candidates from most any of the zones. Most all that have come forward, have either emerged as candidates with questionable pasts and experiences, or even no experience at all.

So, I do hope you consider that as you shout to the roof about your support for rotational presidency. Nigeria is NOT switzerland.

I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Stop mixing two things. We will still have the senate and rep to counter-balance. The president cannot ride the boat alone.

Tell me one thing that the senate and the house has been able to achive in Nigeria . . . .give the fools some brown envelopes and every idea by the govt is a good idea, my friend, wake up to reality of how Nigeria works.

Rotational presidency is like a time bomb that soon, will explode and no one will be able to enjoy the outcome.
mekusxxx:

Get real my brother, if it is working, how come till today, there is still cases in courtroom to get ride of Yaradua by the same northerners that wanna rule for 8 years?
Once again, why do we have election then for the presidency if it has been agreed that a particular tribe will be the next to rule?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
naijaking1:

Hoping to become president via rotational presidency is like wishing for pies in the sky, it will never come. There is no reason Hausa/Fulani people who have tasted power, enjoyed power will just let it slide away. Trust me, the day rotational presidency selects an Igboman or SS person to run for PDP, Hausa people will vote en mass for their ANPP candidate, and you would have another explanation.
Rotational presidency and federal character are subject to the biased interpretations of the people in power. Remember how they complained about too many southerners working in the low position caders of CBN? Now we have the Fin. minister, min. of national plannning, the president, and even the CBN governor all from one state, and you wonder where is federal character?
When the time comes, the people advocating rotational presidency now will find another excuse not obey their own protocols. I remember what Rimi said about Ekwueme when he was about to become the PDP flagbearer in 1999.

The same hausa fulani allowed Yoruba to rule. Not so? I see no reason why a southerner will not lead in 2015. The militancy conditions in the Niger Delta suggest so, and if Yardua survives, I can wagger that a Niger Deltan, not necessarily Jonathan will be pres in 2015. The death of Yardua will change a few things, that is my FEAR.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Depilot(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2009
Let us keep it simple and original.
Instead of wasting time trying to design presidency by using the map of Nigeria, may be we should focus more on improving our election process or system.
Establish 2 parties, scan the candidates from every where in Nigeria, select the candidates based on their records and qualifications, allow these candidates to present their cases to the public and allow Nigerian citizens to select the best man.

No need to keep on lowering the standard of the presidential position in Nigeria with this useless rotational presidency rubbish. It creates more confusion and will never produce the best man as the president.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

The same hausa fulani allowed Yoruba to rule. Not so? I see no reason why a southerner will not lead in 2015. The militancy conditions in the Niger Delta suggest so, and if Yardua survives, I can wagger that a Niger Deltan, not necessarily Jonathan will be pres in 2015. The death of Yardua will change a few things, that is my FEAR.

Point of correction, the Northerners did not let the Yoruba man rule - Obasanjo.
It was the people that let obasanjo rule, we had election and Obasanjo won, mind you i am not an OBJ fan at all, cos i think he is one of the most terrible leaders that Nigeria ever had, but that is another discussion entirely. But we were told there would be election and there was one.
Once again, what makes yu think they will allow the southerner to rule come 2015? and if they dont, what would u do?
Nothing
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
Depilot:

Instead of wasting time try to design presidency by using the map of Nigeria, may be we should focus more on improving our election process or system.
Establish 2 parties, scan the candidates from every where in Nigeria, select the candidates based on their records and qualifications, allow these candidates to present their cases to the public and allow Nigerian citizens to select the best man.

No need to keep on lowering the standard of the presidential position in Nigeria with this useless rotational presidency rubbish. It creates more confusion and will never product the best man as the president.

Wonderfully said . . . . now i can see you have it together grin
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by naijaking1: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
mekusxxx:

Ever wondered why Olu Falae or Ekwueme where never allowed close to winning the presidency? They had to chose the "best southerner" to cool the fire ragging from June 12. You have to understand the power brokers in this country.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
Oh brother!!!

Depilot:

Instead of wasting time trying to design presidency by using the map of Nigeria, may be we should focus more on improving our election process or system.

No need to keep on lowering the standard of the presidential position in Nigeria with this useless rotational presidency rubbish. It creates more confusion and will never produce the best man as the president.

I think the reason why that is not being pushed instead is because we have more tribal-minded individuals(ever willing to pitch one side against the other and playing the VICTIM card when it is all too convenient for em) here than we people willing to pursue common sense solutions which have been tried, tested and proven over history.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mekusxxx: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
Femmy
Fhemmmy:

Tell me one thing that the senate and the house has been able to achive in Nigeria . . . .give the fools some brown envelopes and every idea by the govt is a good idea, my friend, wake up to reality of how Nigeria works.

Rotational presidency is like a time bomb that soon, will explode and no one will be able to enjoy the outcome.
Get real my brother, if it is working, how come till today, there is still cases in courtroom to get ride of Yaradua by the same northerners that wanna rule for 8 years?
Once again, why do we have election then for the presidency if it has been agreed that a particular tribe will be the next to rule?

Tel me what the absence of rotational presidency has achieved in Nigeria, except cries of marginalization by different sections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Completes Final O To Ge Rally In Kwara(photos) / ‘they're Planning To Grab Our Oil Wells’ - Gov. Wike Cries Out / Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.