Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,963 members, 7,873,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (22764 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Breaking: Jonathan Comes For Jega, As Private Military Men Invade ICC / As Jonathan Comes To America Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 2:30am On Nov 29, 2009
Dora is more powerful than Jonathan
The federal executive council is more powerful than Jonathan
Dimeji Bankole is more powerful that Jonathan
David Mark is more powerful than Jonathan

All of the above can impeach Jonathan but Jonathan can not do anything to them.

All of this is not because he is weak but because his position comes with no executive reponsibility/ power except when he is deputising for the president.

Are you trying to cast aspersions on the president? of course, Turai is more influential to the president than Johnathan. Is that worth debating?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SEFAGO(m): 2:31am On Nov 29, 2009
Ok, just curious, and I apologize at butting into your disorganized conversations- but what is the hullabaloo all about?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 2:34am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No, I expect him to make his stance KNOWN, not expect Nigerians to turn Jonathan’s MINDREADER’s Overnight as you seem to be implying we all do. Lol

NOPE!!
I will ask you something along the same lines as I asked @Sapele. If Yar adua had sent, say, the minister of Aviation to represent him at the IAEA, would you also assume that the minister of Aviation has more power than Jonathan?

Make his stance known to who? How?

The minister of aviation has no business attending a meeting of presidents, egg heads and defense / energy ministers. The nuclear world has little to do with aircraft. . . So, sensibly the minister of aviation was not sent (even though he took an OATH).
Aside from that, common sense states that in the absence of the president, his VP should be sent.

I am still waiting for your proof that the man is unfit according to the contituition.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Dora is more powerful than Jonathan
The federal executive council is more powerful than Jonathan
Dimeji Bankole is more powerful that Jonathan
David Mark is more powerful than Jonathan

All of the above can impeach Jonathan but Jonathan can not do anything to them.

Here is what your constitution says about the allocation of power to persons other than the President /Vice President on this issue

[size=13pt]

(1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(cool Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the
National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -  "gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by illusion2: 2:40am On Nov 29, 2009
Nothing personal. . ,  just my observations  wink
Kobojunkie:

Like I have said so many times over, I am AGAINST our continued need to meander the rules to suit ourselves when it pleases us. You claim Nigeria has no System, yet so many others have said we do have a system in place( have always had one and will always have one). Which is it?
I am insisting we don't have a proper system in place because:
1. The constitution is illegal as per my points stated some pages back.
2. The institutions are still very weak or non existent - electoral system,police
3. Resource control is an integral part of a federal system,we don't have that
4. Council of State that has coup plotters as members is in the constitution which I feel shouldn't be,because what it means is that anyone that takes over govt via military coup,will be invited in the future as part of the 'Council of state'.to
Kobojunkie:

I don’t agree that Nigeria has no SYSTEM. I don’t agree that the constitution is the reason why we are where we are today. What we have is a situation where a minority continues to hold power over the majority, something contrary to the constitution and the democratic system of government we chose to pursue over 10 years ago.  So,
Which minority,if i may ask? Nigeria has no system,I repeat we are a few metres (or feet) from being a failed state,simply because we have no system.
How  else can you explain a situation where the universities close down for months & the govt does not come down.
Or where people are selected and not elected.?

There is no system in Nigeria simple.The govt is not accountable to anybody ,if dats a system then tell me what is not?

All your aspirations are similar to mine & other well meaning Nigerians,but we must first admit there's a problem before moving forward with solutions ,not petend 'All is well'.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

All of this is not because he is weak but because his position comes with no executive reponsibility/ power except when he is deputising for the president.

[size=13pt]144. (1) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office, if -
(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all the members of the executive council of the Federation it is declared that the President or Vice-President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and

(b) the declaration is verified, after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.

(4) the medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the President of the Senate, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria:-

(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and

(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions.

(5) In this section, the reference to "executive council of the Federation" is a reference to the body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President may direct.[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Are you trying to cast aspersions on the president? of course, Turai is more influential the president than Johnathan. Is that worth debating?

She is HIS wife, and definitely we can attribute influence in that manner BUT when it comes to doing the job he was hired to do, she MEANS next to NOTHING in all this. Sending her to represent him is a ceremonial ability and nothing more. There is no mention of her being able to take POWER away from the Vice President and so continuing to debate this makes no sense at all. I would rather we leave it in the GOSSIP pile where it belongs and focus on judging this man and his vice on RULE OF LAW.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2009
If so why did she go to the atomic conference?
BTW Your post on the constitution doesn't highlight the VP's responsibility, please explain your point in simple terms.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by illusion2: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2009
[center]Obviously not making any headway with him/her (Kobo),I need to go to bed,its almost 5am here. . . . [/center]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Your post on the constitution doesn't highlight the VP's responsibility, please explain your point in simple terms.

Here again . . .

Kobojunkie:

I am not going to indulge you there. I already stated what I am more interested in.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

If so why did she go to the atomic conference?
BTW Your post on the constitution doesn't highlight the VP's responsibility, please explain your point in simple terms.

Dude, can you please stop this back and forth ? I already explained over and over and over on this issue.

The President CAN send Turai, and he did, to represent him at the IAEA meeting. That errand however DOES NOT TAKE AWAY POWER, in ANYWAY from the office of Vice President. Visit your own constitution for more on this.
http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

Even while Turai was at the IAEA meeting, Jonathan was Vice President with all the POWER accorded to that office INTACT.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 3:01am On Nov 29, 2009
At the risk of sounding trite, that's a cop out. You have posted a part of the constitution that says the federal executive council can  declare a president and the vp unfit for office. This we already know

I know you have read the document and the VP has no other function except to substitute and it is not even his place to engineer that substitution. That is the job of the legislators and the federal executive council.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 3:04am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Dude, can you please stop this back and forth ? I already explained over and over and over on this issue.

The President CAN send Turai, and he did, to represent him at the IAEA meeting. That errand however DOES NOT TAKE AWAY POWER, in ANYWAY from the office of Vice President. Visit your own constitution for more on this.

Even while Turai was at the IAEA meeting, Jonathan was Vice President with all the POWER accorded to that office INTACT.

We say it does, but you have continued arguing with the evidence we provided. Where is your own evidence in support of your own stance or [size=14pt]are you guilty of spreading gossip?[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

At the risk of sounding trite, that's a cop out. You have posted a part of the constitution that says the federal executive council can  declare a president and the vp unfit for office. This we already know

COPOUT?  Please re-read my post there. You gave me a list of NAMES of people you claim have more power than the VP, I in turn gave you the section of the constitution that speaks of the POWER different offices actually have over the PRESIDENT AND THE VP and you call it a COPOUT?

SapeleGuy:

I know you have read the document and the VP has no other function except to substitute and it is not even his place to engineer that substitution. That is the job of the legislators and the federal executive council.

I am not sure that is what the document says all about the VP seat.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 3:06am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

That office no get power, if it does quote the paragraph number that lists the VPs power in the constitution.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by becomrich15: 3:07am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie why are you so particular about the constitution. Look , it show you people do not know nigeria. They are only decieving some people from the south south region, to make them believe that Jonathan is in charge. That is not true. Jonathan is not in charge.

If Jonathan is in charge. I dare Jonathan to write a 1 billion naira cheque in my name without approve of anybody.? shmmmmmm.   Jonathan get master after Yar Adua there are some people above Jonathan.  You dont know how nigeria is.

Even Turai yar adua is above Jonathan in power play in Nigeria. She can order them to shoot Jonathan the vice president. what is jonathan going to do?  
Nigeria politics is funny. no rule of law. even while Yar adua is not around, another northerner is already a de factor leader.

If yar adua dies, you would see what the north would do. You dont know northerners. That is why for peace sake, I say remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic.

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Nov 29, 2009
Beaf:

We say it does, but you have continued arguing with the evidence we provided. Where is your own evidence in support of your own stance or [size=14pt]are you guilty of spreading gossip?[/size]

OH NO!!! I gave you the constitution which makes it clear that not even Turai, who holds a CEREMONIAL seat, or anyone else can have POWER OVER the Vice-President in the way you continue to claim. What more evidence to do need?

Even the so called evidence you claim you posted is NO EVIDENCE at all as ONE would have to ASSUME that it is constitutionally possible for the president's wife to wield POWER OVER the seat of the vice-president, something your constition does not buttress in any way.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 3:16am On Nov 29, 2009
You haven't given any evidence. You just posted the constitution without context
The question should be is the VP a voting member of any of the houses or the federal executive council?
The answers determines if the vp can instigate the action.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nchara: 3:17am On Nov 29, 2009
War drums in N’ Delta over Jonathan
By Daniel Alabrah (Lagos) & Lucky Nwankwere (Abuja)
Sunday, November 29, 2009

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Furious reactions have trailed the reported pressure on the Vice President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, to sign an undated resignation letter in the event of President Umaru Yar’Adua’s inability to continue in office as a result of his health condition.
Jonathan is reportedly under intense from some hawks in the Presidency said to have the backing of some key Northern politicians.

The plot was said to have been hatched to forestall a situation where the Presidency would return to the South just two years after another Southerner, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, left the office.
The Presidency has, however, described the alleged plot reported in a national newspaper yesterday as not only false, but also meant to cause panic and tension in the country.
Sunday Sun learnt yesterday that already tension is mounting in the Niger Delta, where Jonathan hails from, with the Ijaw nation warning that they would not “take lightly” any threat or pressure on Jonathan.

Coordinator of the Ijaw Monitoring Group (IMG), Comrade Joseph Evah, who spoke to Sunday Sun yesterday evening on the telephone, said the Ijaw nation is on the alert over the alleged plot.
Said Evah: “We (Ijaw nation) will not take lightly any threat to undermine Jonathan or his office. We have heard of the plot and we are watching the situation.

“We are particularly worried that the President’s aide presented the 2010 budget to the National Assembly while the Vice President is said to be in charge. We believe that is part of the plot and the Niger Delta is alert. There is a clique working against the Vice President and let us see how those plotting such evil will undermine the Constitution.
“We are not saying that Jonathan should take over, after all the President is not dead. Indeed, we are praying for Yar’Adua and the Ijaw nation and the whole of Niger Delta people do not wish him dead.

“But we are disturbed that this is happening again now that the President is ill. The other time the President traveled to Saudi Arabia for medical treatment, a group, Northern Liberation Front, vowed to resist any move for Jonathan to assume the presidency. It even threatened to give him the (MKO) Abiola treatment.

“Also, a PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) chieftain from the North, Godwin Daboh, had said the North would not accept Jonathan if anything happened to Yar’Adua. What did the SSS (State Security Service) do when these national security threats were issued? We believe they are agents of a clique trying to foment trouble in Nigeria, and this time around we will not take it lightly.
“Those around Jonathan, I mean his advisers and aides, must realize that he is not representing his family. He represents a region just like the President is representing the North. So his office is important to the Niger Delta and we will do everything to protect it otherwise our children in generations to come would ask us what we did when a Niger Deltan for the first time in the history of Nigeria occupied that office.”

Another group, United Niger Delta Energy Development Security Strategy (UNDEDSS), equally warned that the Niger Delta might secede over the plot against Jonathan.
UNDEDSS’ Secretary General, Mr Tony Uranta, in a terse statement issued yesterday via SMS, called on Nigerians to remain law abiding but warned against any action that would undermine the 1999 Constitution.
The statement read: “UNDEDSS is calling all Nigerians to remain law abiding as citizens under the 1999 Constitution. Should any section of the nation decide to overthrow due process, every other section should immediately withdraw from the nationhood space. God is just and rights must never be trifle with.”

The Presidency has however moved to douse the tension, saying there is no truth whatsoever in the report that Jonathan is under pressure to resign following the hospitalization of President Yar’Adua for acute pericarditis.
The Presidency described the report as not only false in its entirety, but also sheer mischief designed to create unnecessary panic and tension in the country.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Communications, Mr Ima Niboro, said in a statement made available to State House correspondents in Abuja yesterday that it was an insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians, including the Vice President for anyone to come up with such a suggestion.
“The newspaper failed to state clearly who or what body was bringing this pressure to bear, but went ahead to insult the sensibilities of Nigerians, including the vice president himself by suggesting that Dr Jonathan is to be made to sign an undated letter of resignation, “which can become binding in the event that the president is unable to continue in office””, he further stated.
The vice president’s aide urged the public to discountenance the story, which, according to him, “dwells entirely in the imagination of its authors, their sponsors and co-travellers” and continue to support the Yar’Adua administration in its effort to reposition the country.

Niboro’s statement reads: “We have read with considerable dismay the story of The Punch published today, November 28, and wish to point out straightaway that it is false in its entirety, and designed to create unnecessary panic and tension in the country. This story, we must add, is sheer mischief, and dwells entirely in the imagination of its authors, their sponsors and co-travellers.
“For the benefit of those who did not read (the story), the newspaper in its lead story claimed that as a fallout of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s slight indisposition, which by the way has been blown out of all proportions in the media, Vice President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is under pressure to resign.

“The newspaper failed to state clearly who or what body was bringing this pressure to bear, but went ahead to insult the sensibilities of Nigerians, including the vice president himself, by suggesting that Dr Jonathan is to be made to sign an undated letter of resignation, “which can become binding in the event that the president is unable to continue in office.”
“…We urge all well-meaning Nigerians to continue to give support to the President Yar’Adua administration. As the vice president noted yesterday, and was widely reported in the media, the president is okay, and there is no cause for alarm.”
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

You haven't given any evidence. You just posted the constitution without context
The question should be is the VP a voting member of any of the houses or the federal executive council?[/b]The answers determines if the vp can instigate the action.

The Constitution which does not mention the existence of such power transfer is not evidence to how prepostrous such claims are?  Sigh!!

Is Turai a voting member of any of the houses or the federal executive council?

Another section or sub from the constitution

[size=13pt]
5. (1) [b]Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the executive powers of the Federation:

(a) shall be vested in the President and may subject as aforesaid and to the provisions of any law made by the National Assembly, be exercised by him either directly or through the Vice-President and Ministers of the Government of the Federation or officers in the public service of the Federation; and

(b) shall extend to the execution and maintenance of this Constitution, all laws made by the National Assembly and to all matters with respect to which the National Assembly has, for the time being, power to make laws.[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 3:21am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

OH NO!!! I gave you the constitution which makes it clear that not even Turai, who holds a CEREMONIAL seat, or anyone else can have POWER OVER the Vice-President in the way you continue to claim. What more evidence to do need?

Even the so called evidence you claim you posted is NO EVIDENCE at all as ONE would have to ASSUME that it is constitutionally possible for the president's wife to wield POWER OVER the seat of the vice-president, something your constition does not buttress in any way.

Sorry, we asked you to give constituitional proof that the VP is not fit to hold his position. Is this it? Because, all you are doing is regurgitating SapeleGuy's argument, how does that even support your position? shocked This is getting esoteric. . .

Dishonest.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Nov 29, 2009
Beaf:

Sorry, we asked you to give constituitional proof that the VP is not fit to hold his position. Is this it? Because, all you are doing is regurgitating SapeleGuy's argument, how does that even support your position? shocked This is getting esoteric. . .

Dishonest.

WOW!!! we are definitely on different debates here cause I have no clue when or if you even ever asked such a question of me. Regurgitating @Sapeleguy's argument? Come on!!! Why not be honest here and admit you probably have no clue where I am at either considering we probably both been discussing two differnt things here.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 3:27am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie - You have already conceded the Turai issue.

But it appears you are getting confused, my issue with you is to state the powers that the VP has. You have stated that Atiku was a better man and Johnathan is a 'brick'.

I have merely asked you to evidence your claim, show us the constitutional responsibility that the VP is failing to uphold. Why is that so hard for you?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 3:31am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! we are definitely on different debates here cause I have no clue when or if you even ever asked such a question of me. Regurgitating @Sapeleguy's argument? Come on!!! Why not be honest here and admit you probably have no clue where I am at either considering we probably both been discussing two differnt things here.

Really? It has been asked over and over. Here are a few instances (more can be provided on demand grin);

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.160.html#msg5013770
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.192.html#msg5014073
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.224.html#msg5014294

You've utterly flunked your bizare arguments about gossip, oath and constituition. Regurgitating arguments against your position in your defense is funny and disconnected.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Nov 29, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Kobojunkie - You have already conceded the Turai issue.

I conceded to what? Please DON’T MAKE THINGS UP IN BID TO CLAIM VICTORY FOR YOUR EGO OR whatever it is your are trying to do that for.

SapeleGuy:

But it appears you are getting confused, my issue with you is to state the powers that the VP has. You have stated that Atiku was a better man and Johnathan is a 'brick'.

I have merely asked you to evidence your claim, show us the constitutional responsibility that the VP is failing to uphold. Why is that so hard for you?

Please, go back to the very first time you asked me that question, then read my response to you then to understand why this DIED about 2 pages ago with me. I did not write my response in LATIN.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by becomrich15: 3:36am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie , you are talking like a child, how old are you. You are saying Turai has no power. Then you do not know Nigeria. I am telling this as a christain, in Nigeria Turai can ask them to shoot Jonathan and the order would be done.

But Jonathan can not even ask anybody to remove Turai shoe from her legs. That how bad it is. You want make them sake Jonathan from is daytime job. No bring problem, Jonathan and turai can not compare together in Nigeria politics. They do not follow law in Nigeria.

This is the order of power in Nigeria at the moment

1. Usman Yar Adua
2. Turai Yar Adua
3. Yar Adua children
4. Yar Adua family.
5. Yar Adua friends.
6. Important Northerners sultan, emir of zaria, IBB, gowon, and others
7 . Jonathan

So can number 7 have any power. Jonathan is number 7 in position. Privately if you force jonathan to do a polygraph test or lie dectetor test , that is what would come out.

So if Yar adua dies. How can someone in number position 7 become president. I am not insulting Jonathan in anyway. So he should not be anger. But if he is honest with himself, he knows I am speaking the truth. This is why we have problem. nigeria is not america. i say we remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa to benin republic to avoid a civl war.

No let just imagine yar adua dies, who would support Jonathan in Abuja when they remove jonathan from power and replace yar adua with another northerner nobody.

Look one of my classmate uncle was former head of state of nigeria Ernest shonekan. Northerner walked into his office and ask him to resign and park his thing back to where he came from. That is what would happen to Jonathan. if Yar adua dies.

see the number of military barrack around abuja 22 millitary barrack.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Nov 29, 2009
Beaf:

Really? It has been asked over and over. Here are a few instances (more can be provided on demand grin);

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.160.html#msg5013770
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.224.html#msg5014294

You've utterly flunked your bizare arguments about gossip, oath and constituition. Regurgitating arguments against your position in your defense is funny and disconnected.

Here are the answers I gave to the first two, before choosing to ignore the last since I did not figure it had to do with me at that point.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.192.html

Up to this point, I have simply made the case that CONSTITUTIONALLY the president cannot give Turai Power over the Vice President. Stating that to be the case is nothing but GOSSIP/rumour mongering. I regurgitated nothing but simply made my case against such a GOSSIP to this point. I would think that since the name TURAI keeps coming up, would clue you into this having something to do with, probably claims linking her to the VP seat in some way.

Trying to attack my argument in the way you seem to be going is only going to turn this into another silly thread on nairaland and nothing more. If you can FOCUS on getting back to the subject, I will be glad to continue from where I stopped. I am not here to FEED your or anyone else.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 3:44am On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Here are the answers I gave to the first two, before choosing to ignore the last since I did not figure it had to do with me at that point
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358492.192.html

This is what the first link you posted says;
Kobojunkie:
[Quote]
Kobo,The Oath isn't the constitution. According to the constitution the VP takes up responsibility assigned to him/her by the president.

When a leader swears an OATH, it is OF GREAT IMPORTANCE as it is SOLID WORD that he/she will carry out the duties of his office. Remember when Obama was sworn in? Remember it was decided he do it again? It was NOT FOR JOKES. It was because an OATH is considered a sort of VERBAL SIGNATURE and should be treated in that way.
[/quote]

I see. Your answer is that he is constituitionally unfit because he took an oath to his office!!!!!

Unu go kill person wit laugh o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Nov 29, 2009
Beaf:

This is what the first link you posted says;
When a leader swears an OATH, it is OF GREAT IMPORTANCE as it is SOLID WORD that he/she will carry out the duties of his office. Remember when Obama was sworn in? Remember it was decided he do it again? It was NOT FOR JOKES. It was because an OATH is considered a sort of VERBAL SIGNATURE and should be treated in that way.

I see. Your answer is that he is constituitionally unfit because he took an oath to his office!!!!!

Unu go kill person wit laugh o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

The real SOLID part of this is that I, more times than not, QUOTE the actual post I respond to. That way, anyone who is confused can maybe follow the conversation by reading the quote and then my response to it.  Very wonderful tool!!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by becomrich15: 3:48am On Nov 29, 2009
No let just imagine yar adua dies, who would support Jonathan in Abuja to take power away from another northerner be ask to replace Yar adua nobody.  

Look one of my classmate uncle was former head of state of nigeria Ernest shonekan. Northerner walked into his office and ask him to resign and park his thing back to where he came from. That is what would happen to Jonathan. if Yar adua dies.

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 3:59am On Nov 29, 2009
becomrich,:

No let just imagine yar adua dies, who would support Jonathan in Abuja to power away from another northerner be ask to replace Yar adua nobody.  

They can't try that with Johnathan.
You don't understand the level we don enter now.
If belle pain Johnathan, these people are in trouble.
If headache catch Johnathan these people are in trouble.
This matter na heavy 'okpetu' for them.

If president is incapacitated VP must rule, that nah the constitution.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by becomrich15: 4:03am On Nov 29, 2009
Which level you enter. they can replace jonathan. they replace Ernest Shonekan.  This is why to avoid war, remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic , so that we all have peace and they can ask Jonathan to resign.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Group Offers Stowaway Teenager A Scholarship / US Sending Arms To Nigeria – Punch Report / Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.