Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,106 members, 7,916,227 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:16 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (22962 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Breaking: Jonathan Comes For Jega, As Private Military Men Invade ICC / As Jonathan Comes To America Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2009
No2Atheism:

Uncle Sege has boxed these people into a corner . . . grin grin grin

They have only two options . . . either they agree to obey the constitution and lose two years out of their 3 years . . .or they try to fight the scenarion and hence end up speeding up the break up of Nigeria.

. . .Sege has since moved base from Ota to Abuja, to personally man the Goodluck faction.

Ibori has relocated to Dubai to rally the David Mark faction (Ibori wants to be VP under a Northerner).
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by FBS: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
No2Atheism:

Uncle Sege has boxed these people into a corner . . . grin grin grin

They have only two options . . . either they agree to obey the constitution and lose two years out of their 3 years . . .or they try to fight the scenarion and hence end up speeding up the break up of Nigeria.
Politics. . .kai! This one na movie!  grin

But David Mark must never become president. NEVER!!!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2009
FBS:

Politics. . .kai! This one na movie!  grin

But David Mark must never become president. NEVER!!!

What about the nightmare combination of David Mark and James Ibori? They must fail!

---crosses self. . . Usai! Anoints self with oil from Oyedepo. . . Usai! heads for Okija / Jankara Usai! Therefore, acquires "technology" from MEND and Boko Haram  grin---
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by FBS: 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2009
Beaf:

What about the nightmare combination of David Mark and James Ibori? They must fail!

---crosses self, anoints self with oil from Oyedepo. . . Usai! heads for Okija / Jankara Usai! Therefore, acquires "technology" from MEND and Boko Haram grin---
LOL!!!  grin  grin  grin

But mehn, that combination will be deadly. I don talk am, I will present my passport to the nearest embassy as a sign of protest.  cool
My God is a good God. He will never let them rule this country.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
Yar’Adua: Anxiety heightens as FG calls for more prayers

By Everest Amaefule and Oluwole Josiah, Published: Tuesday, 1 Dec 2009
click to expand image

President Musa Yar’adua

As anxiety continues to mount over the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua, the Federal Government on Monday called for more prayers for the No.1 citizen who is undergoing treatment for acute pericarditis at the King Faisal hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

In a statement by the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, the Federal government pleaded that Yar’Adua’s family and the nation needed prayers in these “trying times. . .”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912012351592

Are they praying to follow the constituition or PDP's law's or the law's of a cabal? Hmmmmmm.

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by KnowAll(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ibori has succeded in breaking the Niger delta solidarity into 2, Delta Militant will be routing for Ibori while the Rivers and Bayelsa Militants will be routing for Goodluck. Plus Ibori has the federal might behind him, they will easily crush Jonathan's faction if there was a conflict.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
KnowAll:

Ibori has succeded in breaking the Niger delta solidarity into 2, Delta Militant will be routing for Ibori while the Rivers and Bayelsa Militants will be routing for Goodluck. Plus Ibori has the federal might behind him, they will easily crush Jonathan's faction if there was a conflict.

Oh please!!! Ibori has NO FACTION; Jonathan has NO FACTION, only a bunch of CYBER mouths with no BARK!!! lol

When push comes to shove, I hope the Nigerian people do that which is IN THEIR GOOD and that is face the next "Angel" rather than SETTLE with the devil they know.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by komekn(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2009
Knowall,

On this occasion you certainly do not know all, Ibori has quite a few paid and expected to be paid sycophantic supporters but definitely not within the Delta region militant groups as a whole.

Currently he still remains a desperate ex-convict soon to be convicted, in reality he is part of the equation of constitutional manipulation and conspiracy to circumvent due legal process, that wil eventually fail.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by ud4u: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
When will Nigeria move forward cry cry cry
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2009
KnowAll:

The militancy in the ND is greater than Ibori and Goodluck. They have no say (Ibori) or little (Goodluck) in MEND.
MEND is very shadowy and very well organised, even Henry Okah himself, will tell you that he isn't the boss.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2009
I'm afraid that most of the posters on this thread grossly underestimate the desire of the beneficiaries of the status quo, to maintain this status quo.

many of una wey dey romanticize de idea of goodluck to suddenly become a cowboy, when everybody know say de man was shell shocked when dem give am VP position, despite de fact say efcc was pursuing his wife for theft, go dey disappointed.

if una tink say de king makers for north dey suicidal or stupid make una think again. should de office of de president become vacant, de only ting wey go happen na smooth transition wey go make goodluck president. goodluck go come hand pick him own VP as required by de constitution (ehr, with de consent of de powers dat be).

goodluck go be lameduck president because him go announce say, for de sake of peace and harmony, him no go run for de office come 2011. 2 years dey very short and after goodluck, another northerner like yaguda or kaduna current governor go rule naija for another 8 years. dis one be de most likely scenario.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by vikiviko(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
Forcing Goodluck to resign will create unrest in the nigerdelta creeks as coalition of militants have already threatened fire.
I hope the man recovers to save us from the impending anarchy.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu_chucks:

I'm afraid that most of the posters on this thread grossly underestimate the desire of the beneficiaries of the status quo, to maintain this status quo.

many of una wey dey romanticize de idea of goodluck to suddenly become a cowboy, when everybody know say de man was shell shocked when dem give am VP position, despite de fact say efcc was pursuing his wife for theft,  go dey disappointed.

if una tink say de king makers for north dey suicidal or stupid make una think again. should de office of de president become vacant, de only ting wey go happen na smooth transition wey go  make goodluck president. goodluck go come hand pick him own VP as required by de constitution (ehr,  with de consent of de powers dat be).   

goodluck go be lameduck president because him go announce say, for de sake of peace and harmony, him no go run for de office come 2011.  2 years dey very short and after goodluck, another northerner like yaguda or kaduna current governor go rule naija for another 8 years.  dis one be de most likely scenario.

First of all, wellcome back. Now I know you are one of those people that has been destabilising Nigeria. Your absence at this critical times speaks volumes. shocked shocked shocked

Anybody would have been shell shocked, but it did not come out of the blue; Goodluck always knew it was between him and Odili (with Odili edging it). What you call shell shocked is the understated nature of many an Ijaw man (few are noise makers like boyloaf and Ateke).

If some of these people aren't suicidal. why make the suggestion about Jonathans resignation? If it is that they are raising the stakes in the hope of bigger fruits, it is a game that could backfire big time.

I don't see why PDP should give the North another 8 years after Goodluck. He would have taken less than two years out of Yar Adua's slice, the North should be given 6 years, after which the incumbent will resign for a Southerner. How does that sound?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
In the political heat of men, the game master God has his will done ultimately, but they fail to recognize its his will. If God kept Goodluck Jonathan to rule this country who are men to stop him, ck.fu the North, presidency is not their birthright, I repeat every Nigerian has a right to vote & to be voted for.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
vikiviko:

Forcing Goodluck to resign will create unrest in the nigerdelta creeks as coalition of militants have already threatened fire.
I hope the man recovers to save us from the impending anarchy.

MEND, the main millitant group in the area, denied even wanting to get involved. What unrest is it that will be created for a BRICK of a VP?

Beaf:

MEND disowns JRC over secession threat
National News Dec 1, 2009

By Emma Amaize
WARRI — Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) weekend divorced itself from a statement by the Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) on Sunday, threatening possible secession by Ijaw ethnic group should Vice President Goodluck Jonathan be forced to resign from office.

. . . .

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta is apolitical and will continue to remain focussed in the fight for land ownership and resource control for the impoverished people of the Niger Delta. We will neither act in haste nor be drawn into political speculation.”
. . . . . . . . .
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

MEND, the main millitant group in the area, denied even wanting to get involved. What unrest is it that will be created for a BRICK of a VP?

They only said that they are an apolitical organisation. They did not tell you their reaction. You can get knowledgeable about Nigeria by reading and paying attention, even if you are far away. There's no reward for screaming at the top of your voice while as ignorant as a stump.

The things you're trying to imply will make even newborn babies in the ND roll in laughter on their little round bellies.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ranks007:

In the political heat of men, the game master God has his will done ultimately, but they fail to recognize its his will. If God kept Goodluck Jonathan to rule this country who are men to stop him, ck.fu the North, presidency is not their birthright, I repeat every Nigerian has a right to vote & to be voted for.

What has God to do with this again? Why don't we leave God and figure to do better on our part? I mean it is not like the NORTH put the SOUTH in shackles all this while. This "The NORTH IS KILLING ME OOO" , "THE NORTH is REASON WHY I KILL MYSELF", "THE NORTH IS to blame for My Hip Pain oo", "The NORTH caused my tooth to fall out " mentality needs to end soon. Your representatives are not all northerners. Jonathan is not a NORTHERNER and look at his record in the past 2.5 years as VP. Can we please WAKE UP?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by kokoA(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What has God to do with this again? Why don't we leave God and figure to do better on our part? I mean it is not like the NORTH put the SOUTH in shackles all this while. This "The NORTH IS KILLING ME OOO" , "THE NORTH is REASON WHY I KILL MYSELF", "THE NORTH IS to blame for My Hip Pain oo", "The NORTH caused my tooth to fall out " mentality needs to end soon. Your representatives are not all northerners. Jonathan is not a NORTHERNER and look at his record in the past 2.5 years as VP. Can we please WAKE UP?

Infact I need to give you my dear little sister free of charge grin You are very sensible poster; north this north that. They (southerners) are not even ashamed of themselve. Who is stoping who from occupying the highest office in the land? The earlier these losers wake up from the sleep and take their destiny in their hand, the better for them if not the north will continue to dominate Nigerian politics.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
kokoA:

Infact I need to give you my dear little sister free of charge grin You are very sensible poster; north this north that. They (southerners) are not even ashamed of themselve. Who is stoping who from occupying the highest office in the land? The earlier these losers wake up from the sleep and take their destiny in their hand, the better for them if not the north will continue to dominate Nigerian politics.

The Northern dominated army that not only dropped bombs on a village festival in Gbaramatu, it also straffed them by helicopter gunship.

[size=14pt]It is the army, as if you don't know.[/size]
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Beaf:

First of all, wellcome back. Now I know you are one of those people that has been destabilising Nigeria. Your absence at this critical times speaks volumes. shocked shocked shocked  

no be for my mouth you go find out where i dey for the past few days.  even if i rush go saudi arabia, i no go tell you.  smiley

Beaf:

If some of these people aren't suicidal. why make the suggestion about Jonathans resignation? If it is that they are raising the stakes in the hope of bigger fruits, it is a game that could backfire big time.

na ya people start de rumours.  you sabi say, una no sabi politically strategize, as long as person come from una side, una go want make de person be president. e no matter whether substance dey for de person character or not.  give me de logical reason why you tink say ebele go make a great president.  de man na mumu even by the most liberal standard.

Beaf:

I don't see why PDP should give the North another 8 years after Goodluck. He would have taken less than two years out of Yar Adua's slice, the North should be given 6 years, after which the incumbent will resign for a Southerner. How does that sound?

de problem wey dey with ya suggestion be say, it is impractical.  e go mess up de 4 year term wey constitution call for.  impractical in the sense that,  i no tink say any nigerian dey alive wey go voluntarily resign from office when 2 years still remain for him term. no be yar'adua dey there for sick bed without resigning?  

if any person resign after 6 years as you suggest, i promise you say, at de end of de day, you go find out say na from niger republic de person come from.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
kokoA:

No matter what in any given country, there are persons known as the custodians of government. And this sects control the government for a given time. If not for the fact that obasanjo was strong enuff, he would has lost his second term bid or gotten impeached. He wisely destabilized the north and that led to his success of the bid, despite settling the majorities of the custodians with oil blocks, its on record that only 3 southerns had oil blocks, I am not saying this for someone to put up obama's larger than life success, it happened in the military and they will it on democracy , I thank God democracy has its options,

This is Nigeria, I know what I mean, I am even afraid an Igbo man will never rule this country,
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Beaf: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu_chucks:

no be for my mouth you go find out where i dey for the past few days.  even if i rush go saudi arabia, i no go tell you.  smiley

na ya people start de rumours.  you sabi say, una no sabi politically strategize, as long as person come from una side, una go want make de person be president. e no matter whether substance dey for de person character or not.  give me de logical reason why you tink say ebele go make a great president.  de man na mumu even by the most liberal standard.

de problem wey dey with ya suggestion be say, it is impractical.  e go mess up de 4 year term wey constitution call for.  impractical in the sense that,  i no tink say any nigerian dey alive wey go voluntarily resign from office when 2 years still remain for him term. no be yar'adua dey there for sick bed without resigning?  

if any person resign after 6 years as you suggest, i promise you say, at de end of de day, you go find out say na from niger republic de person come from.  

When you say "ya people", do you mean Southerners as a whole or do you mean ND minorities? You can get radically different ideas if you go one way rather than the other.

If no Nigerian will voluntarily resign after 6 years (which is incredibly generous), then the right thing should be done with 4 years zoned to the North after Yar Adua / Goodluck.

Also, this pushing of Yar Adua's in-laws is a very unhealthy development in Nigerian politics. When that sort of thing happened in Togo (a much smaller country), some Nigerians were actually incensed enough to call for invasion. What is happening in Northern politics?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Knight1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
Instead of loving jonathan for being a loyal good boy, they are trying to remove him.
How i wish Odili was VP, e for be real american film!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by kokoA(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
Knight1:

a loyal good boy,

I wonder why he is not calabar man
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by naijaking1: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu_chucks:

many of una wey dey romanticize de idea of goodluck to suddenly become a cowboy, when everybody know say de man was shell shocked when dem give am VP position, despite de fact say efcc was pursuing his wife for theft, go dey disappointed.

if una tink say de king makers for north dey suicidal or stupid make una think again. should de office of de president become vacant, de only ting wey go happen na smooth transition wey go make goodluck president. goodluck go come hand pick him own VP as required by de constitution (ehr, with de consent of de powers dat be).

goodluck go be lameduck president because him go announce say, for de sake of peace and harmony, him no go run for de office come 2011. 2 years dey very short and after goodluck, another northerner like yaguda or kaduna current governor go rule naija for another 8 years. dis one be de most likely scenario.
Ranka dede, dan iska!
Now, you're talking.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
Knight1:

Instead of loving jonathan for being a loyal good boy, they are trying to remove him.
How i wish Odili was VP, e for be real american film!

God bless u man, u be real 9ja political analyst,
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by mikelangs(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2009
God wants to glorify Himself. Anyhow they want to do their evil, God Almighty will flush them out. Yaradua will be healed!!!! somebody say AMEN!!!! shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by SapeleGuy: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu chucks - i fit tell you one thing for nothing Goodluck can not be worse than Yaradua. The will to maintain the status quo is strong but the will for change is stronger. As you say the north are not foolish 30% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

ndu_chucks:

ol boy you funny well well. Why is it you are only interested in Niger Delta mumu? Your people have been substituting one mumu for another for over 40 years now only now you dey complain.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
This business of asking Nigerians to pray for a man who does not consider himself sick should stop. Its just a case of adding insult to injury.

If he is sick he will resign on health grounds and I bet I will be the first to pull out my rosary to do a Novena (NINE DAYS OF PRAYER) for him.

If he has not resigned then he is not sick so why are we praying for him?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by Mbuzo: 12:11am On Dec 02, 2009
What can one say at this point. Every crisis benefits someone and it is increasingly looking more like some people are benefiting from the this seeming political crisis. I heard someone say that Yar'adua did not hand over to Goodluck Jonathan but any way I could have joined issues with that was better done by an article posted on the following URL: http://www.reliablereporters.com
http://www.reliablereporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17:yaradua-handed-over-to-goodluck-jonathan
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign by nduchucks: 2:21am On Dec 02, 2009
naijaking1:

Ranka dede, dan iska!
Now, you're talking.

@naijaking, onye kuziri gi hausa?  i hope you know say, many of our ceo friends dey try to fight to maintain status quo as well.

SapeleGuy:

ol boy you funny well well. Why is it you are only interested in Niger Delta mumu? Your people have been substituting one mumu for another for over 40 years now only now you dey complain.

e be like say, you, ibb, and i, agree on one ting. de federal character nonsense needs to be scrapped. we need competent people wey go govern us with high integrity and competence, no be all these thieving leaders wey don dey rule us for de past 40-50 years.

de ting be say, these incompetent leaders come from just about every region in de country.  as far as i dey concerned, whether person wey go move the country forward come from east, west, south, or north,  it does not not matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Seven Operations That Will Annihilate Boko Haram - Soe / Senate Approves Death Sentence For Kidnapping / Osinbajo Arrives New York [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.