Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. (32459 Views)

A School Named After Sir Emeka Offor In Katsina State (Photo) / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Brightikeije: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
I really pity the Muslim Yorubas... They are hardly recognized as true Muslims by the Northern Muslims, they share no religious understandings and have no place among them. Sooner or later they will have their true place which is no place! Traitors...they got us into this mess from inception.
BudeYahooCom:

YOU ARE A VERY DECEITFUL YORUBA MUSLIM.

FROM 'THE FAKE LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY IPOB' to 'THE LETTER DOESN'T REALLY MEAN WHAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN'

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE PROPER BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by strenghtt: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

I[b]n Yoruba land we say no to religious intolerance

Let it thrive in your place

Don't bring it to our land

We say NO to it [/b]

Islam will very soon divide the unity enjoyed amongst the Yoruba speaking from experience. The way an average Yoruba Muslim is been tutored to hate their fellow Yoruba christian in their mosques or gathering is alarming. It is a matter of time it will happen. I had an experience late last year in shomolu lagos where some Muslim clerics came to preach I was even happy that they will encourage themselves to do d right things I was shocked to see what was suppose to be peaceful expression of their faith turned hatred against the Christians.

Would you believe that thoroughout the preaching BIBLE was their book that they read throughout antagonizing the Christians that they don't worship GOD and other provocative statement in the public in Yoruba language. No Christian will preach to wash down another religion openly in the public, the best they can do is to tell you to give your life to JESUS.And u telling me Yoruba is one I repeat ISLAM will divide YORUBA very soon!!!

2 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by melejo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.
Hmmm, I pity you walahi. Who told you the denial is the truth? I just wish you and your family the same treatment Christians in the North are receiving from the Muslims. I schooled there. I know what is going on. The Dean is lying. Official memo's are presented without ambiguity. So because Christian associations are yet to register, they will now say only MSSN is allowed. I don't know why you guys sold your brain for sai baba brainwashing

4 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Bizibi(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Muslims and their official lies undecided...How is a memo banning any other religious activites apart from muslim association targeting only muslims??..Christians in the SW should better open their eyes cos they apoear to be the most clueless about the ethno-religious politics going on...Open your eyes and be vigilant before its too late..A word is enough for the wise

...Btw i think its high time this country is split already so that these muslims can do whatever they like...I am all for any group or organisatio championing the dissolution of this country and would lend my support any way i can...Enough is enough
leave them,they will be on their own in the nearest future...... many them will sing a different song when it comes
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by naijagobetter(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

The explanation makes lots of sense to an objective mind.
i beg to disagree wth you
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Eluwilussit(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

This is clearly a face saving lie which won't fly.

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.

Thank God that there are people like you who can reason well. God bless you. With people like you around and active, there's still hope. cool
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by luvinhubby(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
emeka2847:
But it mentioned Christians abi? Why are am i so stupidly in love with division?

Fixed.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

In where?

Please swerve religious is a personal race

Your been good won't make me to paradise

Likewise my work can't take my son or my household to paradise

It's a personal race
you would make more sense if you direct this statement to your Muslim brothers, it's truly a personal race that we Christians already know, but I think the people who need to know are the Muslims, a sane person will see that this is clearly an official lie, the truth is Muslims have never been tolerant to other religion, that's the fact

3 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by luvinhubby(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
naijagobetter:
i beg to disagree wth you

Do not reason with that one, he is a chronic ZOMBIE.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by melejo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Statsocial:
If he was misunderstood then it was his fault because he used a blanket term "religious" which also includes Christianity. He should have stated clearly that the only islamic organization permitted to operate within the uni is MSN. I also find it hard to believe that there has been no request for a Christian association on campus, maybe its because they don't accept Christians to begin with....
The man is lying, I know this people. It is an official lies that he just issued now

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seunmsg(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
melejo:
Hmmm, I pity you walahi. Who told you the denial is the truth? I just wish you and your family the same treatment Christians in the North are receiving from the Muslims. I schooled there. I know what is going on. The Dean is lying. Official memo's are presented without ambiguity. So because Christian associations are yet to register, they will now say only MSSN is allowed. I don't know why you guys sold your brain for sai baba brainwashing

Are you a christian student of the university? If yes, kindly mobilize your fellow christian students and approach the school management for registration. If you are denied registration, come back here and let us know. We will fight the school management together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by adenine02: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Muslims and their official lies undecided...How is a memo banning any other religious activites apart from muslim association targeting only muslims??..Christians in the SW should better open their eyes cos they apoear to be the most clueless about the ethno-religious politics going on...Open your eyes and be vigilant before its too late..A word is enough for the wise

...Btw i think its high time this country is split already so that these muslims can do whatever they like...I am all for any group or organisatio championing the dissolution of this country and would lend my support any way i can...Enough is enough

sincerely bro i really support this, let Nigeria split so that u ipod bigot can go and practice ur Christian\ Jewish religion in peace

come to think of it, do xpect d AFONJA/YORUBA Christians to go and kill dr member of family dt r muslim?
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Niyinficient(m): 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

The problem is you guys tell yourselves these lies over and over again thinking your conscience can easily swallow it.

Why are the nurudeens and morufs fighting christians over hijabs all over yorubaland especially in osun? grin

Is your problem with Yoruba or with the dean of students?

because I don't understand all ur attack on the so-called YOruba-muslims. Enough of all this name calling for Christ' sake.

We blow things out of proportion a lot in this country, thereby brewing both tribal n religious hatred. We can Neva progress going this way.

Who tribal igotry don EPP?

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by adenine02: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
melejo:

please which of the university in the north did you attend?
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Ragnorak: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Whoever believes this is being naive.

>Memo was addressed to all students.
>Mssn is the only religious organization allowed in the school.

Do not believe any spinning they give until they officially withdraw this memo and reissue a new memo.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Bros must you tell them

You are Omoluabi

We don't preach hatred

We preach love

Either Christian or Muslim that preach hatred

Are all hypocrite
The university is in katsina but the omoluabis are running helter skelter in defense of the abokii school grin
So u guys believe there is no Christian students in katsina
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by anigbajumo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

YOU ARE A VERY DECEITFUL YORUBA MUSLIM.

FROM 'THE FAKE LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY IPOB' to 'THE LETTER DOESN'T REALLY MEAN WHAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN'

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE PROPER BRAIN.

ARE YOU PEOPLE MAD ??WHAT IS MEANING OF YORUBA MUSLIM,BOTH CHRISTIAN ND MUSLIM IN ODUDUWA LAND ARE UNITED. Bleep YOH FOR SAYING YORUBA MUSLIM.WE THE YORUBA'S ARE VERY MUCH INTELLIGENT THAN BEING DIVIDED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION....

FUVK YOU THIS MAD MAN,am less concerned about ur quote but that useless nd moronic words "Yoruba Muslim "

Oloriburuku omo irankiran,ko no da fun o....
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by greatcrown: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
It's quite simple.

Shred the earlier document and come up with another one that acknowledge other religious group(s) or totally delete MSSN from the initial document and represent it.

Anything other than this means the school has perfected their skills of lying but we are not fooled by their antics!

2 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Awoo88: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
This man knows that there are a lot of zombies in this country. Why not state is there that only Muslim organization recognized is mssn

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by blasterman(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
Africa most populous country should be a secular state because both christianity and islam are products of colonisation.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by juman(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
anigbajumo:

ARE YOU PEOPLE MAD ??WHAT IS MEANING OF YORUBA MUSLIM,BOTH CHRISTIAN ND MUSLIM IN ODUDUWA LAND ARE UNITED. Bleep YOH FOR SAYING YORUBA MUSLIM.WE THE YORUBA'S ARE VERY MUCH INTELLIGENT THAN BEING DIVIDED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION....

FUVK YOU THIS MAD MAN,am less concerned about ur quote but that useless nd moronic words "Yoruba Muslim "

Oloriburuku omo irankiran,ko no da fun o....

The Igbos are confused and hate filled individuals.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nice explanation but the memo should say, Is the only Muslim organization recognized and not only religious organization recognized.

The terrible error came from the University. I doubt the University does not know the difference between Muslim and religious.

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by melejo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

In where?

Please swerve religious is a personal race

Your been good won't make me to paradise

Likewise my work can't take my son or my household to paradise

It's a personal race
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by dragonking3: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
I don't believe this lies
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by NeutralJUDGE(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
ayatt:
The purported thread which tend to discreet my school will not see the light of the day..

the funny thing is that it has even made the school more popular right now..so OP jst forget the children of hate who are trying by all means to be relevant.

The school is a state uni not a federal uni as some people said.

The acting dean student affairs clearly stated that he has not received any application for the registration of christian students association.

Long Live umaru musa yaradua university katsina!
we wud still dig to find out the truth....if its the other way round den we wud shut ur skul down through legal means
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by anigbajumo(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
juman:

The Igbos are confused and hate filled individuals.

Dude is insan**
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Sirwallace(m): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
surprisingly, the only reasonable comment from a non Muslim. others are blind folded by their ethnics and religion sentimental view. especially the most stupid and ignorant people of the 21st century that called themselves IPOB, BIAFRA, MASSOB, IPAD and the likes from the east.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by whirlwind7(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.

One of their disciples...as brainless as they come.
Read the post immediately above yours on the first page.
Exactly your types are the ones being referred to. You can't think, you won't think.
Yet, its the most backward set of people up north in naija that will think for you and direct your destiny.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by middlebelter(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
The authorities of the Umaru Yar’Ádua University, Katsina, have denied discriminating against Christian students in the approval granted a students religious association to operate on its campus.
The Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University, Sulaiman Kankara, had in January 17 memo informed students of a new guideline for the registration of clubs and associations in the institution.
In the circular, Dr. Kankara indicated that participation in clubs and associations, including departmental ones, were strictly optional and that no student should be compelled to pay dues.
He also outlawed the formation of tribal and local government associations in the university.
But the controversial part of the memo which made the document to go viral was the dean’s pronouncement that the “Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”
After the memo was shared on social media, the university came under ferocious attacks from many Nigerians, with some commentators saying the guideline was part of government’s plot to Islamise Nigeria.
But when contacted on Sunday morning, Dr. Kankara said that aspect of the guideline was actually targeted at Islamic groups which were beginning to mushroom on campus, creating division among students of the same faith.
The dean said, “Actually there is one misconception in the memo. But the fact of the matter is that in Umaru Yar’Ádua University, there is no association known as Christian Students Association.

“There is one religious association and subsidiary Islamic students associations like the Tijjanniya Students Movement in Nigeria, Academic Forum of Islamic Movement in Nigeria and many associations like that.
“They are Islamic students association. So what we want is to have a single union which will be the mouthpiece of muslim students and that is the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.
“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society.
“And once they do that, we are ready to register them. Even as at last week, we said the two religious group to be recognised by the university will be the Muslim one and one from Christian side.
“Up till now we are to receive any application for the registration of any Christian association in the university from any group.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/221208-katsina-university-says-memo-religious-groups-campus-targeted-muslims-not-christians.html

Cc: lalasticlala

Thank God for social media like Nairaland, when some of us talk about clandestine plan to Islamize Nigeria, some ill-informed will be saying we are alarmist.
The other day it was Jigawa state Government that budgeted billion to build mosque in major towns in the state, not a single Kobo to build a church, yet when churches build a worship centre they are quick to demolish it on the ground that the building was not approved, whereas underneath, they have frustrated every attempt to obtain permit. Now Katsina State want us to believe no Christian in the whole of the state that qualified for admission into the university, that is the reason why they don't have Christian Union?
The fact is not hidden, they want to strive to strangulate the practice of Christianity by all means and the few students that braved schooling in that kind of environment will only be at the risk of attack at the least provocation or subjected to academic persecution.
I only pity southern governments that are wasting their monies to build mosque whereas no single northern government will ever reciprocate such gesture.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Dezzx(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
hamzeiy:

he should swallow yours because you are right or just decided to be stewpi.d and mis informed..i hate bigots
uwar uwarka, shege dan shegiya. mara kunya.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by IslamicRebel: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lying is allowed in Islam.

This is how they slowly acquire territories and silence others.

They have willing tools in the Afonja muslims who will always rise to their defense like zombies
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by IslamicRebel: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
whirlwind7:

One of their disciples...as brainless as they come.
Read the post immediately above yours on the first page.
Exactly your types are the ones being referred to. You can't think, you won't think.
Yet, its the most backward set of people up north in naija that will think for you and direct your destiny.

They are like robots. Empty_headed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Computer Schools Inflate The Price Of Their Courses So Much - Pics / Five Fallacies About Being A Medical Student / Another Missing Person; UNILAG Diploma Female Student (images Below)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.