Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,911 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. (32477 Views)

A School Named After Sir Emeka Offor In Katsina State (Photo) / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by unmask: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dezzx:
so u have swallowed this bare face lie, hook line and sinker?
The explanation is very believable. like the man said if you want to form a Christian association you can register.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by murtalaa(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Now this is a more sensible explanation. It is simply a matter of interpretation and official indiscretion on the part of the drafter of the memo. That is why information dissemination if very important. Now I can see section of unrepentant Igbos still trying to stick to their earlier interpretation. They would rather have that interpretation than a more sensible one like this. They are clearly disappointed.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by blantyre: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
seguno2:

I am almost certain that the MSSN exists in Nnamdi Azikiwe university and hope a student or alumni can confirm that.
It is just the same way that you have mosques in western countries but no church allowed in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries.
Intolerance?
Churches are allowed, the only things not allowed are business centers falsely carrying the name of churches. If left unchecked every Nnamdi will turn a corner shop to mini church disturbing people just in order to woo Worshippers from other churches to his "church" to earn more tithe.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by unmask: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

This is clearly a face saving lie which won't fly.

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.
was any christian association registered before the memo? If no, then you can't call it discrimination against christians. Like it has been pointed out, the choice of words in the memo painted a bad picture, but it has been explained with good reasons. Chill out today isnt the day you propagate your islamisation theory
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by unmask: 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
xdos:
Well explained but which Christian student would want to show himself to the school authority in the name of applying for Christian student association in a Muslim dominated state/school. Isnt that suicidal? undecided undecided
anyone that is led by the spirit
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by unmask: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Calm down your nerves

Cause of your nervous system

We don't have yoruba Muslim or Christian

We are all one

I like this.....yorubas don't know christian or muslims......that is why I like them
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by southpole: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
catlova2:
I 8 christianity with passion

An Islamic terrorist spotted, we are not surprised by their fruits we know them, I wonder why you are not yet in Syria. However we are taking note of your moniker, IP address and other information about your device.

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Bros must you tell them

You are Omoluabi

We don't preach hatred

We preach love

Either Christian or Muslim that preach hatred

Are all hypocrite
Really

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by buchilino(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Bros must you tell them

You are Omoluabi

We don't preach hatred

We preach love

Either Christian or Muslim that preach hatred

Are all hypocrite

SUCH AN HONORABLE THING 2 SAY. IT WAS ILORIN KWARA DAT FELL, VERY SOON IBADAN N OYO WILL FALL. N UR STILL ONE WITH THEM. ANYWAY BEST OF LUCK.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by stinechykee: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.
Here come the almighty hypocrites,deceiver and useless Agonja Muslim i have never see in this world
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by buchilino(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
blantyre:

Churches are allowed, the only things not allowed are business centers falsely carrying the name of churches. If left unchecked every Nnamdi will turn a corner shop to mini church disturbing people just in order to woo Worshippers from other churches to his "church" to earn more tithe.

WAT DO U GAIN BY LIEING. HOW MANY IGBO GUYS HAVE CHURCHES. IGBO BOYZ PREFER OPENING A SHOP THAN OPENING A CHURCH.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Kfed4ril(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:

Are you from katsina?

Please be sincere can you allow a msssn in NnamdI
Azikwe university?

Let's stop all this religious bigotry

Christian or Muslim is not the key thing

The main thing is are you good as human ?

Bro Futo where I finished from we had mssn.

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by tillaman(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Let's hope so
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by stinechykee: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

I am not a Muslim. Yes, i initially doubted the authenticity of the memo based on how it was presented by freeglobe who even went ahead to lie that the university belongs to the federal government.

The fact that we can no longer deny is that the memo was not targeted at any islamisation agenda. It is simply to regulate the multiplicity of muslim organisation on the university campus and has nothing to do with Christians.
Oh shut that crap you call mouth.So you now admitted that you made mistake but you never digested the authenticity of the memo them before you and your like started bringing in IPOB or Igbos into it because of the bitter hatred you and your Afonja brothers hate Igbos or IPOB and to make sure that no good think come out from them.You coward Afonjas keep on hating Igbos while they keep waxing

2 Likes

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=BudeYahooCom post=53029077]I thought the yoruba muslim op said the letter was forged by the IPOB on the other thread? grin

I can...

A common Igbo ? wetin you know sef?
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by abdulbnyusuf(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
am glad that my comment in the previous thread reflect What the actual case, God do his things his own way, he just want to make my former school popular cuz I know most of u guys don't even heard of the school b4 and now u all know it, nice one..Below is my comment on the previous thread

[b]This article is a news post, the writer use the memo and jump to conclusion based on what he understand, But looking at the memo there is nothing like ban of Christian association

I'm a then member of MSSN in the said school and hereby understand what the above memo is addressing,

item number 2 that read

*Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate in the University*

doesn't mean that christian are ban from their religious gathering and association, the actual truth is that christians in the school never make any effort to register their religious association may be due to their minority.

Rather item number 2 is addressing other islamic secs associations, I'm a past member of MSSN in that school, I will prove what I just said above

apart from Muslim Students Society of Nigeria MSSN u all know, there are other muslim secs who wanted to register their muslim sec association based on their islamic teachings, example is the *Sufi Movement Association of Nigerian Students* its a muslim students association currently registered in some tertiary institutions in Nigeria, this association operate based on Tijjaniya and Qadriyya Muslims, those guys have trying by alll means to register the said association in the school since when I'm in 100L but failed to achieve their goal. Same with the shiites students association too, Meanwhile the school management wanted to centralized, all the muslim associations to only one that's MSSN irrespective of ur sec

During my time, Christians use to observe their religious gatherings in classes and lecturer halls in the night and during weekend, they are organised and they free to do all act of worship in the school, the only thing is that their minority lack them confidence and courage to officially register their association, at this time I don't know if they move a step in achieving this goal[/b]

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Tobycharles: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Since Christian n Muslim are subset of religion, y then using d word religion in d first place,
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Kfed4ril(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
keyanZuzer:
The thing is all those shouting Yoruba Muslims are on Yoruba lands grin. If you iPods are religious bigots, we Yoruba's are not. Keep that on your side

Yoruba land you talk about isn't it Lagos. Bro for your information there are more Igbos in the north than in the south west
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by laprince(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:

I am not a Muslim. Yes, i initially doubted the authenticity of the memo based on how it was presented by freeglobe who even went ahead to lie that the university belongs to the federal government.

The fact that we can no longer deny is that the memo was not targeted at any islamisation agenda. It is simply to regulate the multiplicity of muslim organisation on the university campus and has nothing to do with Christians.

I am surprised at the way many of you twist things to your satisfy your desires.
The memo did not state only muslim organizations; rather it stated, only religious organization...

Man, we still have our brains working well..
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Basic123: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
The Christians in yoruba land will fall for this igbos divide and fight approach with this their yoruba muslims,yoruba Christians things.......I wonder what concerns the yorubas with the incidence happening up north.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by stone07(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
The truth is I have never come across any Muslim on nairaland that criticize or condemn a Muslim fellow if he or she (Muslim) does something wrong. You will still see them supporting, even when they also know is wrong. This is high level of hypocrisy.
Many times here I have seen Christians criticising pastors or his Christian brothers but Muslims will never do that. That is why they blindly voted for buhari because is a Muslim. They don't care if he is a better candidate. All what they need is let him be a Muslim.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
am glad that my comment in the previous thread reflect What the actual case, God do his things his own way, he just want to make my former school popular cuz I know most of u guys don't even heard of the school b4 and now u all know it, nice one..Below is my comment on the previous thread

[b]
This article is a news post, the writer use the memo and jump to conclusion based on what he understand, But looking at the memo there is nothing like ban of Christian association

I'm a then member of MSSN in the said school and hereby understand what the above memo is addressing,

item number 2 that read

*Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate in the University*

doesn't mean that christian are ban from their religious gathering and association, the actual truth is that christians in the school never make any effort to register their religious association may be due to their minority.

Rather item number 2 is addressing other islamic secs associations, I'm a past member of MSSN in that school, I will prove what I just said above

apart from Muslim Students Society of Nigeria MSSN u all know, there are other muslim secs who wanted to register their muslim sec association based on their islamic teachings, example is the *Sufi Movement Association of Nigerian Students* its a muslim students association currently registered in some tertiary institutions in Nigeria, this association operate based on Tijjaniya and Qadriyya Muslims, those guys have trying by alll means to register the said association in the school since when I'm in 100L but failed to achieve their goal. Same with the shiites students association too, Meanwhile the school management wanted to centralized, all the muslim associations to only one that's MSSN irrespective of ur sec

During my time, Christians use to observe their religious gatherings in classes and lecturer halls in the night and during weekend, they are organised and they free to do all act of worship in the school, the only thing is that their minority lack them confidence and courage to officially register their association, at this time I don't know if they move a step in achieving this goal [/b]

Culled from abdulbnyusuf
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by seguno2: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
blantyre:

Mosques are also business centres, to follow your logic, yet they are allowed in western countries.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by babakb: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pleeeeeeeese the Management of katsina State university dont need to be apologetic, we muslims dominate the North so we should call the shots.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by keyanZuzer: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Yoruba land you talk about isn't it Lagos. Bro for your information there are more Igbos in the north than in the south west
I hear you
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by emeka2847: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Well done o, Mr Tony Anenih

luvinhubby:

Fixed.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
strenghtt:

Islam will very soon divide the unity enjoyed amongst the Yoruba speaking from experience. The way an average Yoruba Muslim is been tutored to hate their fellow Yoruba christian in their mosques or gathering is alarming. It is a matter of time it will happen. I had an experience late last year in shomolu lagos where some Muslim clerics came to preach I was even happy that they will encourage themselves to do d right things I was shocked to see what was suppose to be peaceful expression of their faith turned hatred against the Christians.

Would you believe that thoroughout the preaching BIBLE was their book that they read throughout antagonizing the Christians that they don't worship GOD and other provocative statement in the public in Yoruba language. No Christian will preach to wash down another religion openly in the public, the best they can do is to tell you to give your life to JESUS.And u telling me Yoruba is one I repeat ISLAM will divide YORUBA very soon!!!

Stop writing nonsense. You visited a mosque and rubbish was preached so it automatically means, that's the same thing has is been preached in other mosques?

I actually doubt ur statement but even if it's true, don't some churches do same thing. Does that mean Christianity will soon break?

Write like a learned person

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by ChikezieU(m): 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
xdos:
Well explained but which Christian student would want to show himself to the school authority in the name of applying for Christian student association in a Muslim dominated state/school. Isnt that suicidal? undecided undecided
. Good question. Only a fool will dear..

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by babestella: 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
I thought the yoruba muslim op said the letter was forged by the IPOB on the other thread? grin

I can only laugh at christians who continue to allow themselves to be deceived, especially the anti-Kanu/anti-Biafrans who have conveniently donated their brains to these deceitful muslim for 'Sai baba' brainwashing.

Apostle suleiman is now running around for cover against fulani muslims after calling Biafrans (the only people who say things the way the are without fear or favour) rabble-rousers. grin grin

I know some muslims (especially yorubas) will come here and claim to be christians who believe there is nothing wrong with a letter which clearly stated 'NO ORGANISATION EXCEPT MUSLIM SOCIETY IS ALLOW TO OPERATE IN THE UNIVERSITY'.

They will come here and try to twist meaning to a Statement that is VERY CLEAR. I laugh at christian who have sworn to be zombies to the Al-taqqiya of these muslims who deceive you to protect their interests.

VERY APT, VERY APT.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
murtalaa:
Now this is a more sensible explanation. It is simply a matter of interpretation and official indiscretion on the part of the drafter of the memo. That is why information dissemination if very important. Now I can see section of unrepentant Igbos still trying to stick to their earlier interpretation. They would rather have that interpretation than a more sensible one like this. They are clearly disappointed.

Honestly, that memo needs a review and correction. It can not say MSSN as the only religious organization recognized. That is clearly bad. As long as that document stands, the explanation does not hold water.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Nellybii: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
drss2:
trying to spin d un-spindable. they just had to cheap in "only muslims" to twist d truth about their agenda. wat do they mean by dis "MSSN is d only "Religions" organization "Allowed" to operate in d university" (take note of words in quotes) was dis not expressly stated in d memo as released by d university manag dat MSSN is d ONLY religious org "allowed" to operate in d university did d memo say MSSN is d only muslim religious org allowed to operate in d university am not surprised. spining d truth, going round in circle just to decieve d gullible is their talent n way of life.

be on alert! taqiyya is one of d greatest tool of islamization.

These people shouting islamzation up and down. Are they Christians? Bloody hypocrites. What we have in Nigeria is ethnic crisis and has nothing to do with religion. Most of our so called leaders have nothing to offer so they find it convenient to hide under the cloak of religion to practice their ethnic agenda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students / Omotayo Dada Reacts To Emmanuel Adooh's Covenant University Sex & Expel Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.