Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,931 members, 7,872,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. (32447 Views)

A School Named After Sir Emeka Offor In Katsina State (Photo) / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by TeamSimple(m): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
nwabobo:

This is clearly a face saving lie which won't fly.

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.
Yes MSSN would be the only religious association on campus

1. If there is no Christian student association submitted for registration.
2. If the school is trying to bring all the divergent muslim association into one group.

This is pure pragmatics.

But as usual,Nairaland christians you can expect anything from their brain.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by BudeYahooCom: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
anigbajumo:

ARE YOU PEOPLE MAD ??WHAT IS MEANING OF YORUBA MUSLIM,BOTH CHRISTIAN ND MUSLIM IN ODUDUWA LAND ARE UNITED. Bleep YOH FOR SAYING YORUBA MUSLIM.WE THE YORUBA'S ARE VERY MUCH INTELLIGENT THAN BEING DIVIDED IN THE NAME OF RELIGION....

FUVK YOU THIS MAD MAN,am less concerned about ur quote but that useless nd moronic words "Yoruba Muslim "

Oloriburuku omo irankiran,ko no da fun o....

The truth must be said, your lamentations and pains regardless.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by MurderX: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
“Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”

There is only one interpretation to this statement thus: No other religious association is allowed to operate on campus except the MSSN.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by drss2(m): 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nellybii:

These people shouting islamzation up and down. Are they Christians? Bloody hypocrites. What we have in Nigeria is ethnic crisis and has nothing to do with religion. Most of our so called leaders have nothing to offer so they find it convenient to hide under the cloak of religion to practice their ethnic agenda.
go to my profile n watch d video.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by limamintruth: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
seunmsg:
The authorities of the Umaru Yar’Ádua University, Katsina, have denied discriminating against Christian students in the approval granted a students religious association to operate on its campus.
The Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University, Sulaiman Kankara, had in January 17 memo informed students of a new guideline for the registration of clubs and associations in the institution.
In the circular, Dr. Kankara indicated that participation in clubs and associations, including departmental ones, were strictly optional and that no student should be compelled to pay dues.
He also outlawed the formation of tribal and local government associations in the university.
But the controversial part of the memo which made the document to go viral was the dean’s pronouncement that the “Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”
After the memo was shared on social media, the university came under ferocious attacks from many Nigerians, with some commentators saying the guideline was part of government’s plot to Islamise Nigeria.
But when contacted on Sunday morning, Dr. Kankara said that aspect of the guideline was actually targeted at Islamic groups which were beginning to mushroom on campus, creating division among students of the same faith.
The dean said, “Actually there is one misconception in the memo. But the fact of the matter is that in Umaru Yar’Ádua University, there is no association known as Christian Students Association.

“There is one religious association and subsidiary Islamic students associations like the Tijjanniya Students Movement in Nigeria, Academic Forum of Islamic Movement in Nigeria and many associations like that.
“They are Islamic students association. So what we want is to have a single union which will be the mouthpiece of muslim students and that is the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.
“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society.
“And once they do that, we are ready to register them. Even as at last week, we said the two religious group to be recognised by the university will be the Muslim one and one from Christian side.
“Up till now we are to receive any application for the registration of any Christian association in the university from any group.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/221208-katsina-university-says-memo-religious-groups-campus-targeted-muslims-not-christians.html

Cc: lalasticlala

True.
If really the school authority isn't biased, it ought to have clearly stated in its regulations that "MSSN shall be the only 'ISLAMIC' religious association to be recognised by the school".
But since the authorities couldn't hide their hidden agenda, they ruled MSSN as the only 'religious' association the school shall recognise.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by egobetatoday: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
All the christians who said Buhari cant Islamize the country and foolishly gave him their vote...all I can say is Ntorrrr. Face God and start confessing your sins.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Origin(f): 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
Solution- we need to hear by next week that the CAN has been registered in the University.

Who will take it up?
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Scalord: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
I imagine what is would be like if our institutions of higher learning actually devote their energy on scholary activities and impactful research as opposed to promoting/meddling into religious issues..
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Wilsonmoses: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mtcheew! You guys don't know these people o! I graduated from a university in Kano state. There are no chapels in all the universities there.
No room for Christian students to worship, the discrimination was just too obvious.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by makoota: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
I do not believe that there is no registered Christian association in that school. Are they telling me that there is no church there and that nothing like NFCS, CASOR, NIFES, and so on is there. This is a blatant lie.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by gloryman91: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Wailers come and see your lives, only one faith organization is allowed from both Muslims and Christians. Chikena . Please other institutions should follow suit. Kudos to the management.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by gloryman91: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
makoota:
I do not believe that there is no registered Christian association in that school. Are they telling me that there is no church there and that nothing like NFCS, CASOR, NIFES, and so on is there. This is a blatant lie.
. Can confirm it ursef.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Splashme: 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
I thought the yoruba muslim op said the letter was forged by the IPOB on the other thread? grin

I can only laugh at christians who continue to allow themselves to be deceived, especially the anti-Kanu/anti-Biafrans who have conveniently donated their brains to these deceitful muslim for 'Sai baba' brainwashing.

Apostle suleiman is now running around for cover against fulani muslims after calling Biafrans (the only people who say things the way the are without fear or favour) rabble-rousers. grin grin

I know some muslims (especially yorubas) will come here and claim to be christians who believe there is nothing wrong with a letter which clearly stated 'NO ORGANISATION EXCEPT MUSLIM SOCIETY IS ALLOW TO OPERATE IN THE UNIVERSITY'.

They will come here and try to twist meaning to a Statement that is VERY CLEAR. I laugh at christian who have sworn to be zombies to the Al-taqqiya of these muslims who deceive you to protect their interests.

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by hamzeiy: 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dezzx:
uwar uwarka, shege dan shegiya. mara kunya.
for your mind.you can speak hausa. i dont expect anything less from a product of fornication and incest
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by sirqeeboi(m): 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Have been reading comments since ...u don't understand the memo ..the memo firstly is addressing the Muslim who are trying to divide theirselves into groups and the school doesn't allow dat..and u are here ..probably the vc or dean is a muslim and trying as much to reduce it..for example in my school, we only have mssn ,if u are a Christian there should be only Christian students association. ..that is why mssn is growing in my school ,when muslims students started splitting themselves it was some of the Muslims students that stood up and said NO ,and they never allow that ...they only have mssn in my school and it growing...if a student or aspirant have a problem who is a muslim they will direct u to a muslim brother or sister and u problem is half solved..but the Christian in my school have differents association even the white garment have different association..why ??and ui is an example of a school that just registered different religious clubs. .when I was surfing through their website I came across the association is was just too much....if we have an occasion in My school every club will have their stand ,I mean a tent with chair and music..and u will see different stands of Christians,and a stand of a muslims and a stand of the kegite..to buttress my point the Muslim staff and non teaching staff have one association that they belongs too..whereas the Christians are not ...am must saying that muslims also don't have groups but the are minimizing it that u won't know. ..I know If the Christian registered they will allow them to practice it and they are also entitled to plots of land for worship. .how I wish nairaland can upgrade so that we can send voice reply I will prefer that to dis typing stuff.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by abdulbnyusuf(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
makoota:

Hey look up here, I graduated from that Uni in 2015, during my time, Christians use to observe their religious gatherings in classes and lecturer halls in the night and during weekend, they are organised and they are free to do all act of worship in the school, the only thing is that their minority lack them confidence and courage to officially register their association, even at this time nothing change, there is nothing like all the things you mention over there.

Lemme count how many Christians I know during my time,

thinking

still thinking

thinking deep

asking myself, do they really reach 8??

capital NO

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by ayindejimmy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dezzx:
so u have swallowed this bare face lie, hook line and sinker?

Please, have you lived or even been to Katsina before?
I lived in Katsina for over 3 years and it's the most peaceful state in the north.
There are two other Tertiary Institutions around that University and I attended one of them.
Katsina State Polytechnic and FATKAT have Nifest, FCS and Catholic Associations

You people should just stop this your bigotry plot. It can only fly amongst gullible ppl
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by gowaga68: 12:24am On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

YOU ARE A VERY DECEITFUL YORUBA MUSLIM.

FROM 'THE FAKE LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY IPOB' to 'THE LETTER DOESN'T REALLY MEAN WHAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN'

ANY PERSON WHO LISTENS TO YOU CANNOT BE SAID TO HAVE A PROPER WORKING BRAIN.
IF I may ask are you from the state or a student from the university? If your answer is no to the two questions how about you letting the man say his mind or simply fave your problem .
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by tinktanker: 12:24am On Jan 23, 2017
seunmsg:

The explanation makes lots of sense to an objective mind.
it makes no sense to me. U want to tell me no xtain group have tried forming an association? I say dats a lie. They have tried but authorities squashed it.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by darne(m): 1:03am On Jan 23, 2017
Well I am a student of the above mentioned institution and as the dean said, he is yet to receive any letter from anyone applying to register for a Christian students association or whatsoever, I think we can only judge him and see faults in the management if it has been found that the school authority has ever declined or rejected any application that looks in a way like what is being discussed.

I think this is a right step in the growth of my school, and I believe that with time we will experience a very good and welcoming rules for everyone interested in studying at the school.

God bless Umaru musa yar'adua university and God bless Nigeria.....Una dey free to come our school o, everything dope and nice, very friendly people and a wonderful academic system.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Danja: 1:56am On Jan 23, 2017
nwabobo:

This is clearly a face saving lie which won't fly.

The memo clearly stated that "MSSN is the only religious association allowed on campus". Nowhere did it state that MSSN is the only Muslim religious association allowed on campus.

This I believe is an oversight. Please, we are not what you are brainwashed to think we are.

1 Like

Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by abdulbnyusuf(m): 3:18am On Jan 23, 2017
darne:
Well I am a student of the above mentioned institution and as the dean said, he is yet to receive any letter from anyone applying to register for a Christian students association or whatsoever, I think we can only judge him and see faults in the management if it has been found that the school authority has ever declined or rejected any application that looks in a way like what is being discussed.

I think this is a right step in the growth of my school, and I believe that with time we will experience a very good and welcoming rules for everyone interested in studying at the school.

God bless Umaru musa yar'adua university and God bless Nigeria.....Una dey free to come our school o, everything dope and nice, very friendly people and a wonderful academic system.

am an ex student there

One University exist by name Umaru Musa Yar'adua University Katsina with good and beautiful modern educational infrastructures, high class lectures, very beautiful girls and a conducive academic environment but the university is not that popular because its not more than 12years old, So God brought up this issue just to make my former school popular and now it is

Proud to be a product of UMYU, proud to be an ex student of Professor Muharram Ali Khan (2nd world best mathematician)

God Bless UMYU
God Bless Katsina state
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by vatiqan(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2017
seunmsg:
All the bigots and divisive characters who have been shouting islamisation over a policy that has nothing to do with Christian should come here and read the true position of things. We should all endeavor to understand a policy before reading bigoted ethnic and religious sentiments into everything. We all gain nothing by dishonestly creating ethnic and religious division all over the country.

Guy, ur brain is so small that you could not comprehend the thrash, this man is spewing. This is an afterthought! Grow up, man.
Re: Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. by Dezzx(m): 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
hamzeiy:

for your mind.you can speak hausa. i dont expect anything less from a product of fornication and incest
you must be referring to your father grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Students Studying With Solar Street Lamp At AWO Hall (Photo) / FUTO Vs UNIZIK Trending On Twitter; See Funny Tweets / Omotayo Dada Reacts To Emmanuel Adooh's Covenant University Sex & Expel Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.