Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,978 members, 7,903,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins (646 Views)

Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child / Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by Horus(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7MBRevoAM

Nigeria fights to end traditional practice of killing twins

A rights group in Nigeria is trying to end the practice of killing twins, especially in the southern parts of the country. The tradition dates back many years, stemming from a belief that twins are evil spirits. Advocacy and education has reduced the practice, but hasn't completely ended it.
Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
so people still practice this barbaric act of killing innocent twins?
Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by Onyia25: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
Lie lie thread.

Where in Nigeria do they still practice such?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by Horus(m): 9:06am On Jan 27, 2017
Onyia25:
Lie lie thread.

Where in Nigeria do they still practice such?

According to the video they still practice it in the southern parts of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by bukatyne(f): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2017
Horus:

According to the video they still practice it in the southern parts of Nigeria

Where in the South?

I have never heard of such.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by Horus(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
bukatyne:

Where in the South?

I have never heard of such.

Watch the report in the video
Re: Nigeria Fights To End Traditional Practice Of Killing Twins by eyinjuege: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
I don't believe it.

That's a practice that's been outdated since forever.

Some of these NGOs are just looking for donors, so they can embezzle donations.

We know your tricks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cruel Mother Filmed Kicking Her Baby Because She Won’t Stop Crying (video) / My Near-birth Experience / QUALITY ART WORKS For Your Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.