Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,278 members, 7,967,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Involved Should One Be? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Involved Should One Be? (1707 Views)

Zimbabwe Pastor Involved In Car Accident During Sex With School Girl / Some Things Involved When A Girl STARTS Revealing Her "Privacy" / Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
I have only one sister who has not been so lucky with guys. She never has not really been involved with guys with good intentions. Somehow she has managed to keep herself from being taken for a ride (at least from where i stand), by seeing the handwritting on the wall early. However some months back, she told me abt a guy she met thru a cousin of ours who is based in SA with the said guy. i started to get fone calls from this guy and was of cos very receptive of my future inlaw. The guy finally came home and we had a quick introduction ceremony to meet his folks. days after the intro, my sister's laptop tht was with this guy came up with a fault and he called me to help chk (dats kinda my forte). In the process of trying to fix the LP, i went thru some of the documents on it so as to back them up, and alas shocked -files resembling yahoo yahoo, card info, and bank details of foreigners were everywhere.
I am the kind of person wey no dey put nose for anoda adult matter, especially as it concerns matters of the heart, but now i feel i could have done more by getting to know the guy and his roots/biz
As i am posting this, nothing is confirmed/denied, i only saw the documents and dont know if i should alert my sis or do my investigation myself. I need suggestions on how to proceed
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
You could either confront the man and see what he has to say about it or you should tell your sister and let her make the decision herself. Either way, you have to say something if you feel something is not right. Goodluck smiley
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
@delagasky.

U have every right to be worried, if he ends up with ur sister and got nicked for dubious deals ur sister will feel the pain and shame that comes with it.

Don't play ' i don't care card' here. Have a matured chat with ur sister, let her ask more questions and look at for the signs.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2009
^^^thanx, appreciate it
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by omega25red(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
delagasky:

days after the intro, my sister's laptop tht was with this guy came up with a fault and he called me to help chk (dats kinda my forte). In the process of trying to fix the LP, i went thru some of the documents on it so as to back them up, and alas shocked -files resembling yahoo yahoo, card info, and bank details of foreigners were everywhere.
I am the kind of person wey no dey put nose for anoda adult matter, especially as it concerns matters of the heart, but now i feel i could have done more by getting to know the guy and his roots/biz
As i am posting this, nothing is confirmed/denied, i only saw the documents and dont know if i should alert my sis or do my investigation myself. I need suggestions on how to proceed

Poster but you said it is your sisters laptop. could it be that your sister is the person doing fraud since the guy just came home and it's not even his laptop but your sisters If anyone is to be confronted it should be your sister because it's her computer as you said.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Ebonyeyes, i didnt ignore u o grin
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by madlady(f): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Poster, I think you have to play the BIG BRO part real strong, these yahoo guys are a menace.Tell him you read everthing, it he runs then you know you did the right thing. Do not say anything to your sis yet, she may confront him, this would give him time to cover his back. GOOD LUCK.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
@omega, ,
let me fill u in on some of the info i left out, i was the one who installed the laptop for my sis and i intentinally didnt give her the password to the admin account on the laptop to stop her from installing unneccessary programs, however when her bobo came into town, she asked me for the admin password cos her guy wanted to install some program on it to allow him browse, i gave it out thinking 'wats the worst tht can happen". Well eventually, the laptop had issues and i was called again, a close chk on the installed programs showed an "ip hide" software installed very resently. And my guy, i think i know my sis well enuf not to suspect she is into such, she is gainfully employed. thanx for pointing it out though
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
@Poster, I think you have to play the BIG BRO part real strong, these yahoo guys are a menace.Tell him you read everthing, it he runs then you know you did the right thing. Do not say anything to your sis yet, she may confront him, this would give him time to cover his back. GOOD LUCK

how do u propose i do this, act as if i am interested in learning the trade?
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by omega25red(m): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
delagasky:

call your sis and let her know whats going on and get her opinion about what she thinks should happen next because ultimately she will be hurt and you dont want to just come out accusing homeboy without her knowing whats happening. after she knows whats going on, call the family and let them know so they can tell homeboy to take a hike
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by madlady(f): 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
delagasky:

tongue tongue

@Poster, no not at all, my Bro would go straight to the horses mouth, he would confront him, he would tell him what he had read.

Some times us women can be weak (I am speaking for myself, if a man you love tells you black is white you may belive them) you being a man I am sure you will know if the guy's telling you the truth.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
madlady:

tongue tongue

@Poster, no not at all if it were my Bro he would go straight to the horses mouth, he would confront him, he would tell him what he had read.

Some times us women can be weak (I am speaking for myself, if a man you love tells you black is white you may belive them) you being a man I am sure you will know if the guy's telling you the truth.

even if the guy turns out to be a yahoo-yahoo guy, the girl could STILL not do anything about it and turn against her brother for snooping inside her computer and therefore she would stay with the con artist.
some women are just in love like that and matters of the heart are too difficult to know in advance.

as she is an adult and probably seriously in love, tell HER about it and let HER do what she thinks is right. believe me when the two are in the bedroom, all the yahoo yahoo stuff will be forgotten for that split second!
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by abasssgirl(f): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
Here's what you do,

Talk to your sister about it but do not make it too serious or scare her. Tell her that you plan to ask him about it and you do not want her to mention anything or jump to conclusions until you talk to the guy.

Let her know that all is well, no reason to get excited - but you just want to be sure. But also let her know that if you confirm that there is sometin wrong, what the next step will have to be.

Poster - I recently had a best friend or now I should say former best friend confront my boyfriend about something without my knowledge and permission and because of that - I have cut the friendship for now. NO human being likes to feel as if their choices are being taken away from them or the rug is being pulled out from up under them without their knowledge or consent. It makes it hurt worse - trust me. If this guy is dirty, she will already have to deal with that hurt, but do not make her deal with the hurt of everything happening behind her too.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by TheSly: 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
delagasky:

I have only one sister who has not been so lucky with guys. She never has not really been involved with guys with good intentions. Somehow she has managed to keep herself from being taken for a ride (at least from where i stand), by seeing the handwritting on the wall early. However some months back, she told me abt a guy she met thru a cousin of ours who is based in SA with the said guy. i started to get fone calls from this guy and was of cos very receptive of my future inlaw. The guy finally came home and we had a quick introduction ceremony to meet his folks. days after the intro, my sister's laptop tht was with this guy came up with a fault and he called me to help chk (dats kinda my forte). In the process of trying to fix the LP, i went thru some of the documents on it so as to back them up, and alas shocked -files resembling yahoo yahoo, card info, and bank details of foreigners were everywhere.
I wish she was my sister. . . tongue
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by sicily4u: 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
Well i dont see anything wrong here weather yahoo or not, what matters is if he truely love ur sister and can be able to take good care of her. make the money and spend it wisely.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by abasssgirl(f): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2009
Well i dont see anything wrong here weather yahoo or not, what matters is if he truely love your sister and can be able to take good care of her. make the money and spend it wisely.

Really?!?!?!!!

It does not matter if a woman tries to make a long life with a con artist? Come on! What happens when he gets caught and is sent to prison or his physical safety is threatened?!?

That's horrible I'm sorry, If it was just a fun fling that is one thing - in that case it does not matter, but this is a young girl who wants to make a good life for herself and have a long marriage with her husband who she can respect and depend on.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

Well i dont see anything wrong here weather yahoo or not, what matters is if he truely love your sister and can be able to take good care of her. make the money and spend it wisely.

how can anyone respect a thief/ole/barawo!? what about the kids, imagine what they will say when asked :¨what does your father do?¨
love has nothing to do with anything, its called foollishness/stupidity if women stay with such men. . . . . . . . . and we know there are many of such people out there.
to each their own.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by ninagood(f): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2009
The truth is bitter but better told. u said she is ur only sis. guy do wat u have to do before its too late.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by akinbola2: 6:42am On Dec 01, 2009
Have u and she diplomatically asked d guy what he does for a living in SA b4 dating?
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

Well[b] i dont see anything wrong here weather yahoo or not[/b], what matters is if he truely love your sister and can be able to take good care of her. make the money and spend it wisely.

Is either u are one or benefiting from it. No decent human being should marry yahoo yahoo boy/girl. Is like knowingly marrying a criminal.

If my sister makes that mistake then she should as well count me out of her life 4 good.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by sicily4u: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2009
what is wrong in marrying yahoo yahoo, will he do that yahoo forever, what is the difrence in marriyng a politicians
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

what is wrong in marrying yahoo yahoo, will he do that yahoo forever, what is the difrence in marriyng a politicians

Put it this way: What is wrong in marrying a thief. Not all politicians are in involved in corruption, but a thief is a thief
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2009
@all,
I have read and digested all u guys have said, and i must say i am not dissapointed in nairalanders dis time!! except for Mr sicily4u!! guy, if i was comfy with my prospective inlaw being a yahoo yahoo guy, i wouldnt have bothered making a post here. the fact tht he wont be a yahoo yahoo guy forever is not the issue, for me i would say he has lost his value system, by cheating other pple outta their money, he wouldnt care abt emotional traumas and all other pple go thru. my position is, if he wants to really marry my sister, he has to leave tht lifestyle and there has to be visible signs of his doing so, aside this, nothing dey happen, my sister is not desperate
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by sicily4u: 10:09am On Dec 01, 2009
well i blame the boy who cannot even afford his own laptop
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2009
^^^ its not abt wat he can/cannot afford!!! he can afford a street ashewo, why not marry one as wife??!!!
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

well i blame the boy who cannot even afford his own laptop

Stop stealing from innocent pple and get a real job.
Cos i can see that u are morally dead. With less pple like u in Nigeria, i'm sure that pple will start respecting us more.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by sicily4u: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2009
@justwise

Dont insult me, i work hard to make my own money,

get that into your head
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

@justwise

Dont insult me, i work hard to make my own money,

get that into your head

Yes even yahoo yahoo/419ners say that.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by sicily4u: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2009
which means u are one of them ?
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2009
sicily4u:

which means u are one of them ?

From all indications, its either u are one or u have one as friend, brother/sister or even an uncle.

U said its ok to be yahoo yahoo boy/girl, u don't see anything wrong in it.
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by delagasky(m): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2009
Just thot i shuld give u guys a feedback. I was able to have a discussion with him on so many issues and one of them was the files i saw on the laptop, he denied tht he was the person tht copied them on the LP, claiming tht it was his friends younger bro who came to sleep over and used the LP to browse, he claims he even confronted the boy. Well, i told him my fears abt yahoo yahoo guys and their trade, he told me he hadnt been a saint all his life, but tht at this point in his life, he wouldnt dream of involving his family in any kinda trouble.
To an extent, i was relieved, but after some thot, i am not sure anymore, why didnt he delete the files when he saw them for instance? why didnt he uninstall all those funny programs?? i guess i still have to be on the lookput innit?
Re: How Involved Should One Be? by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2009
delagasky:

Just thot i shuld give u guys a feedback. I was able to have a discussion with him on so many issues and one of them was the files i saw on the laptop, he denied tht he was the person tht copied them on the LP, claiming tht it was his friends younger bro who came to sleep over and used the LP to browse, he claims he even confronted the boy. Well, i told him my fears abt yahoo yahoo guys and their trade, he told me he hadnt been a saint all his life, but tht at this point in his life, he wouldnt dream of involving his family in any kinda trouble.
To an extent, i was relieved, but after some thot, i am not sure anymore, why didnt he delete the files when he saw them for instance? why didnt he uninstall all those funny programs?? i guess i still have to be on the lookput innit?

That is the issue, if he saw it and knew that the laptop is not his, why did he not delete it? I don't think he is innocent.
I wouldn't trust him with a toilet brush

(1) (2) (Reply)

Social Network Site For Nigerians Known For Unclothedness Display? / Women Witout Mirror,wat Wud Dey Lok Like / Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.