Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:09 PM

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (32342 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by neighbourhud: 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
Can you guys imagine the outstrageous amount Diamond Bank charge me as stamp duty fee? This is too much.
Please what do I do? This is too much for me to bear in this present state of the economy.
Lalasticlala please move this to the frontpage for a wider view.
Thanks.
I have a similar case with diamond bank. Pls update us as you handle it. If nothing is done, I will suggest we start an online protest against their outrageous charges and appeal to people to close their accounts with the bank and move to a better and smarter bank.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by neighbourhud: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
swagkingcole:
Before i say anything

Have u been debited for any stamp duty charges this year?

if not then u just paid for everything..
Even at that, a crystal clear explanation should be made to that effect.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by neighbourhud: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
masterP042:
They also charged me 800 naira this morning for stamp duty. It really pissed me off

My guy dem do finish your money o cheesy cheesy

Abeg see charges for one month shocked
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ichommy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
blank:

They might be charging you for different things but stamp duty is for deposits in your account.

haba, D SMS stated Duty Stamp Charges.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by maasoap(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:
Bank with Diamond and fidelity banks at your own risk
Fidelity bank was deducting my saving every week without sending an alerts SMS or email and I didn't know anything. One day, I was using their mobile app to check my transaction history and what I saw scared me. Between N40 and N100 deductions every week including weeks I didn't transact. I mailed and they returned small amount. I've abandoned the account.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by maasoap(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
First Bank once charged me N3000 plus in a particular month as account maintenance charge on my transaction. I complained but didn't get my money back. Thank God, they've stopped the practice.
I created this thread about it https://www.nairaland.com/3215529/first-bank-fraudulent-account-maintenance
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by SUCRE007: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:

You are not supposed to be charged stamp duty on savings account ke....

I tire ooo
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ajani1978(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
What you should do is to write email to head office with your account details they will reverse it. That's what I normally do you will get your money back with apology
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ststyreal(f): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:
First Bank is fairer
First bank is a first class criminal bank! Deducting money unnecessarily, don't even think of banking there.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by searchng4love: 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2017
Oga o

maasoap:

Fidelity bank was deducting my saving every week without sending an alerts SMS or email and I didn't know anything. One day, I was using their mobile app to check my transaction history and what I saw scared me. Between N40 and N100 deductions every week including weeks I didn't transact. I mailed and they returned small amount. I've abandoned the account.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by maasoap(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2017
Damfostopper:
after touring almost all of the bank.... there is no better bank in Nigeria that will serve u the way u want.... it might be good for few months of registering... later d change like chameleon..... so.... keep ur money in the house.... shikena
You're right but I think FBN is really improving by making transactions easier with less charges. GTBank customers too don't always complain.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by abbeywasc(m): 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
Actually i've called those guys today. They said the charges are retroactively since June. so the money you are charged this money is for november 2016. They said they are still going to charge December 2016 and January 2017.
Actually i already have like 3 debit alert for stamp duty from them and none is lesser than 4H. I never see where rules are enforced retroactively.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by maasoap(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:
Oga o

Below is the screenshot of my email to them.

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
Diamond Bank has failed Nigeria. Run for your lives.

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ladyF(f): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
You should see what they charged some people for excess monthly turnover.

I'm gradually porting from diamond sef.

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by 3RNEST(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
ladyF:
You should see what they charged some people for excess monthly turnover.

I'm gradually porting from diamond sef.
No stay..we are in together.... angry
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
I don transfer all my money there kpata kpata
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by obidaddy: 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
The stupid diamond bank having been chraging and deducting me from stamp duty to repairs nd others. Today's own got me mad. 600 naira straight!
From my savings to Hida accounts. Bleep diamond i am closing it down soon.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by lukaino(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
Same way I received three consecutive debit alerts of 50 stamp duty from the same Diamond bank 2 days ago.
I'm considering dumping them to face my FCMB who doesn't give me such charges.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ladyF(f): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
3RNEST:

No stay..we are in together.... angry

Me don port go Stanbic o. They should come and make me brand ambassador make I promote them wella. Stanbic is bae!
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Viking007(m): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
ollah1:

You opened it with intercontinental right?

Access.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by goldbim(f): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
kunlap02:
I got stamp duty debit almost four times under 1 week from diamond bank
same here!!got one on monday afternoon,another one before dawn today!..tho #250@a time, I felt maybe my acct was hacked..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by kwencypresh(f): 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
#800? unbelievable.. mine was #300 and am still complaining..
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
malware:

GUY NO NEED OF WIPING YOUR BALANCE... THAT SPACE YOU CLEANED IS NOT MUCH... MEANING YOUR BALANCE IS.....
grin grin
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Bleep Diamond Bank... Gonna open account with AccessBank soon.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by sniperwolf(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
Yinkatolu:
GTB charged me withholding tax. I don't know the service i rendered to them that made withheld that amount.

That is the tax on the interest received
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Chikapriscillia: 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
Diamond bank is seriously messing up,they charged me 50 for stamp duty on 5/2/2017,today been 8/2/2017 they also charged me 100,honestly I don't understand them again,if they continues the only solution is to back off cos am not saving for them.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by sniperwolf(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Mine is killing me softly. It's like weekly for me. I was charged N600 on Sunday and N100 today. Ayam not understanding

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Petlowalex(m): 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2017
I was charged 150 naira on the 5th of Feb. and today again 8th of Feb. I was charged with 15 0 naira for the Same reason, stamp duty. Debit Alert!
Acc#: ******5469
Amt:150.00
Desc: 0056795469/150/STAMP DUTY CHAR
Time:05/02/17@2:33 AM

Debit Alert!
Acc#: ******5469
Amt:150.00
Desc: 0056795469/150/STAMP DUTY CHAR
Time:08/02/17¡2:10 AM
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by swagkingcole(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
But bro 800 is too small for you nau lol
sweetboiy:
they charge me 100 Beginning of January and 100 at the end... But FirstBank only charge me 50 since while GTbank charge me nothing since
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by swagkingcole(m): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Lol u are talking like u don't know those people..
They will never give crystal clear reasons..
neighbourhud:

Even at that, a crystal clear explanation should be made to that effect.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by donhils: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:
Bank with Diamond and fidelity banks at your own risk
So e don be for me? Cos 2 of them are my banks. This Diamond Bank's stamp duty charges is getting unbearable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Facing Eviction Threat By Landlady Wins N20m Lottery (pic) / Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Innocent Chukwuma, Africa’s Automobile Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.