Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,372 members, 7,901,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:11 PM

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (32348 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Akinkanju67(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
sweetboiy:
Can you guys imagine the outstrageous amount Diamond Bank charge me as stamp duty fee? This is too much.
Please what do I do? This is too much for me to bear in this present state of the economy.
Lalasticlala please move this to the frontpage for a wider view.
Thanks.
Stamp duty is dependent on the number of credit in your current account. Check very well maybe u had up to 14 credit on that day,if u didn't, then their is a problem
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
swagkingcole:
But bro 800 is too small for you nau lol
N800 too small?

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
I was also charged #1500 by diamond bank
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
alt3r3g0:

I have stopped using them in January.

I was operating an exclusive account until they took away the perks i signed up for i.e Access to fx at bank rate and credit card.

Yet they keep charging me. This month alone i have been charged twice for stamp duty.

I hope you've closed that exclusive. Because if you only abandoned it, you are on a long thing. You will pay for loan that you didn't take.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
selfemployed:
the take #2,000 from my corporate account every month. just like that. I'm moving to gtbank soon

It's the type of account you have. You have a monthly charge of 2k.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
searchng4love:
Goodluck you will need it.... a colleague has tried closing a diamond account to no avail....it remained like a trojan virus

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
But why is nairaland anti Diamond Bank today. Remember they advertise here @ seun.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by 3RNEST(m): 12:38am On Feb 09, 2017
ladyF:

Me don port go Stanbic o. They should come and make me brand ambassador make I promote them wella. Stanbic is bae!
I will follow u... Any bank u go I shall go..

Following u back to back smiley
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Slimszy: 1:52am On Feb 09, 2017
Diamond bank is now worse.. I think i will be resuscitating my access bank... Diamond bank charged me 90naira for a 50 naira top-up.. I messaged and cursed them.. Wtf... U dont charge on top up
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by neighbourhud: 4:49am On Feb 09, 2017
swagkingcole:
Lol u are talking like u don't know those people..
They will never give crystal clear reasons..

You are right o.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by alt3r3g0: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2017
aameyah:

I hope you've closed that exclusive. Because if you only abandoned it, you are on a long thing. You will pay for loan that you didn't take.

Thanks for the tip. I already gave an instruction but will follow up.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Jaabioro(m): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2017
BanevsJoker:

You're wrong. It's 50 Naira for every inflow from a third party of up to a thousand naira. How many times did your account receive funds from other people since the last time you were charged.
All previous governments knew about Stamp duty, but only your beloved Change government implemented it. Don't blame the banks, KEEP CALM AND ENJOY YOUR CHANGE.
No sir iris third party deposit not inflow as you thought.. Cash deposit that is what they are charging.. in fact I received more in flow through electronic transfer I used FCMB though.. the charges I am experienced is only on third party cash deposit.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by selfemployed(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2017
aameyah:

It's the type of account you have. You have a monthly charge of 2k.

They said if i don't want monthly charge , i must deposit 250,000

has it got to that?
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ladyF(f): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2017
3RNEST:

I will follow u... Any bank u go I shall go..

Following u back to back smiley
Lol grin
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by U1(m): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Just getting ready to fire a message to the bank on frequent, unexplained N50 stamp duty charges when I saw this by coincidence. These charges didn't tally with with third-party transactions at all. Besides, someone told me that the charge on deposits of N1,000 and above has been stopped, so I don't understand all this at all. The G bank which I use more for receipts hasn't been charging for stamp duty, based on observation. Majority of these Naija banks are pain in the a**, I must say.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
selfemployed:

They said if i don't want monthly charge , i must deposit 250,000

has it got to that?

Yes. For a full corporate account with 0 COT, operating balance is 250k. I guess the bank will get their income from doing business with the 250K since there is no COT.
This account you are running is DBXA (Diamond Business XpressMusic Account) with a monthly charge of 2k. With this account, your monthly turnover must not exceed 4m.

1 Like

Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by aameyah(f): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Thanks for the tip. I already gave an instruction but will follow up.

Better. Because if your balance falls below 1m, you will be charged almost 6k monthly for the services you enjoy for using the xclusive account.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by U1(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2017
U1:
Just getting ready to fire a message to the bank on frequent, unexplained N50 stamp duty charges when I saw this by coincidence. These charges didn't tally with with third-party transactions at all. Besides, someone told me that the charge on deposits of N1,000 and above has been stopped, so I don't understand all this at all. The G bank which I use more for receipts hasn't been charging for stamp duty, based on observation. Majority of these Naija banks are pain in the a**, I must say.

Just an update on the quoted post. Stamp duty charges from January to November have supposedly been refunded. I still wonder why that was limited to the stipulated period, though.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by ngcars(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
Diamond
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by 3RNEST(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
ngcars:
Diamond just reduced my daily transaction limit to 500,000, even from diamond to diamond.

I cannot send out more that 500,000 even to other diamond account.
meet me on whatsapp now
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by Paulpenny(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2017
kwencypresh:
#800? unbelievable.. mine was #300 and am still complaining..
i just sent u a mail. I want to discuss business with you. Please do reply.
Re: N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me by dasparrow: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
searchng4love:
Bank with Diamond and fidelity banks at your own risk

Well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma, Africa’s Automobile Giant / Allen Onyema’s Company, Springfield Aviation Dissolved In U.S / 13 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1,000 World Banks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.