Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,491 members, 7,901,399 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:33 AM

The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds (15545 Views)

The Enduring Legacies Of A Seasoned Parliamentarian, Davematics David E Ombugadu / Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched / Breaking! Nigerians Voted On Igbo Presidency In 2019. See Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

No facts or sense at all in your head. You cant even boast of a decent point or fact on this thread but you recite junk you cant back up.

Igbo greed? Mumu why would we spoil our own party? We were in a coalition government with the north (NPC), most of the officer cadre in the army were igbo officers, our region was stable/peaceful (unlike Western Region) and had the fastest growing economy in Nigeria.

Dont be silly Eleran grin provide facts on your "igbo coup" or get the f#&k out of here

That is the greed that Nigerians have been talking about, you were not satisfied with your boy-boy and slavish status under NPC, you wanted it all as ingrained in your DNA.
You are done for in Nigeria as those idiots only succeded in setting you and your region back as long as Nigeria exists. Nigerians will ensure you pay 100 years for every leaders those drunken fools terminated their innocent lives

4 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
laudate:

Guy, Sardauna's security was only performing his job, and the coup plotters ended up killing him for that, so why did they still go ahead to kill Sardauna who was unarmed and with his wives? shocked SLA Akintola engaged the coup plotters in a gun duel, and so he lost his life. But Fani-Kayode was not released or spared by the coup plotters, he escaped from them while they were opening gun fire on Akintola, and no one was paying attention to him. Read his account, it is widely circulated on the internet.

Abubakar Tafawa Balewa the late Prime Minister did not resist arrest, so why was he killed?

Oga. Your facts do not tally. Yes Sardauna's guards were doing their job but at least you can agree that the coup plotters agreed they would do it. It was NOT something few Igbo soldiers agreed to on their own.

Akintola opened fire and was killed by returned fire. Fani Power was abducted and largely unharmed because he did not resist and was eventually rescued by the soldiers controlled by an Igbo man!!

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by machinery1: 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yujin:

Ok o. It shall be to your benefit if Nigeria splits peacefully.

Just stop making noise. Online warrior.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by laudate: 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:
Oga. Your facts do not tally. Yes Sardauna's guards were doing their job but at least you can agree that the coup plotters agreed they would do it. It was NOT something few Igbo soldiers agreed to on their own.

Akintola opened fire and was killed by returned fire. Fani Power was abducted and largely unharmed because he did not resist and was eventually rescued by the soldiers controlled by an Igbo man!!

That is why I said the final outcome or what happened in reality, was totally different from what Ademoyega spoke about in his book. What the coup plotters agreed upon, did not play out in real life. And we can only take stock of what transpired during the actual event. Not draw conclusions based on presumptions or assumptions.

I repeat Sardauna himself was NOT armed and did not resist arrest, so why did they still go ahead to kill him? They also not only shot the Sardauna, but also his wife (whose name was Habsetu) and his traditional bodyguard (whose name was Zarumi) and who had fought back with a sword. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was NOT armed, and did not resist arrest, yet they still abducted and shot him. shocked

Fani-Kayode's account of his escape, is quite different from what you have stated here. You claim 'he was rescued by soldiers controlled by an Igbo man?' Please provide the details along with the relevant url links or sources, so we can all read it and verify!

4 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
laudate:

That is why I said the final outcome or what happened in reality, was totally different from what Ademoyega spoke about in his book. What the coup plotters agreed upon, did not play out in real life. And we can only take stock of what transpired during the actual event. Not presumptions or assumptions. I repeat Sardauna was NOT armed and did not resist arrest, so why did they still go ahead to kill him? They also not only shot the Sardauna, but also his wife (whose name was Habsetu) and his traditional bodyguard (whose name was Zarumi) and who had fought back with a sword. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was NOT armed, and did not resist arrest, yet they still abducted and shot him. shocked

Fani-Kayode's account of his escape, is quite different from what you have stated here. You claim 'he was rescued by soldiers controlled by an Igbo man?' Please provide the details along with the relevant url links or sources, so we can all read it and verify!

Stop schooling these liars! They are ready to wear you out with their link-less lies grin
That dude will run away only to appear much later with another tale, while hoping you will forget your request to provide links

5 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

That is the greed that Nigerians have been talking about, you were not satisfied with your boy-boy and slavish status under NPC, you wanted it all as ingrained in your DNA.
You are done for in Nigeria as those idiots only succeded in setting you and your region back as long as Nigeria exists. Nigerians will ensure you pay 100 years for every leaders those drunken fools terminated their innocent lives

Chai Eleran Na N20 menthol cigarettes and one sachet of mogbo-moya bitters inspire this shallow and daft post grin Besides displaying grave stupidity and spitting anti-igbo venom like a snake you have proved nothing on this thread or shared any useful facts or logic.

Love it or kill yourself we are back on top. The SE is the most peaceful region in this country with generally lower poverty rates and good quality of life. You are celebrating what you think is our setback while your poverty stricken kinsmen call themselves Omo onile, pick up sticks and rusty knives and risk their lives chasing after igbo importers hoping to extort coins from Igbo importers who bring in containers through your Lagos ports controlled by northerners. You are a pathetic joke

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

Chai Eleran Na N20 menthol cigarettes and one sachet of mogbo-moya bitters inspire this shallow and daft post grin Besides displaying grave stupidity and spitting anti-igbo venom like a snake you have proved nothing on this thread or shared any useful facts or logic.

Love it or kill yourself we are back on top. The SE is the most peaceful region in this country with generally lower poverty rates and good quality of life. You are celebrating what you think is our setback while your poverty stricken kinsmen call themselves Omo onile, pick up sticks and rusty knives and risk their lives chasing after igbo importers hoping to extort coins from Igbo importers who bring in containers through your Lagos ports controlled by northerners. You are a pathetic joke

I'm done with you long ago
Go and provide the link or url of the lies you told laudate
Stop deflecting grin

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Eledan: 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nku5 where are the links! Stop acting dumb grin
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 10:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
laudate:

That is why I said the final outcome or what happened in reality, was totally different from what Ademoyega spoke about in his book. What the coup plotters agreed upon, did not play out in real life. And we can only take stock of what transpired during the actual event. Not draw conclusions based on presumptions or assumptions.

I repeat Sardauna himself was NOT armed and did not resist arrest, so why did they still go ahead to kill him? They also not only shot the Sardauna, but also his wife (whose name was Habsetu) and his traditional bodyguard (whose name was Zarumi) and who had fought back with a sword. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was NOT armed, and did not resist arrest, yet they still abducted and shot him. shocked

Na wa o. I uploaded page 115 of Ademoyega's book and instead of confirming you are asking for links?

Ademoyega totally does justice to your questions but you want links from NL and Gamji? Haba come up with a counter thats based on facts bro. Simply denying reality can't cut it in a discussion of this level.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

I'm done with you long ago
Go and provide the link or url of the lies you told laudate
Stop deflecting grin

Eleran! Still no facts or logic to share.Your only contribution to this debate is weak trolling and lame jokes.

I told you before, get the f#$k out of here with your shallow knowledge and titanic stupidity.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eledan:

Your evil desire will end with your cursed tribe. Biafra will come, no matter how Yoruba fights it. Its a dawn of a new day that cannot be stopped.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:

Eleran! Still no facts or logic to share.Your only contribution to this debate is weak trolling and lame jokes.

I told you before, get the f#$k out of here with your shallow knowledge and titanic stupidity.
His likes exposes the true intent of the average felas from that region. Go to any public forum, or comment section of major news outlet and see his likes and cohorts attacking anything Igbo or Biafra. I wonder how these guys exist with such kind of hate. Why are they against Biafra? No valid answer. Why do they hate Igbos so much, and yet speak against their desire for freedom, yet no valid answer. These guys, are simply Wicked. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by nku5: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
blues2022:

His likes exposes the true intent of the average felas from that region. Go to any public forum, or comment section of major news outlet and see his likes and cohorts attacking anything Igbo or Biafra. I wonder how these guys exist with such kind of hate. Why are they against Biafra? No valid answer. Why do they hate Igbos so much, and yet speak against their desire for freedom, yet no valid answer. These guys, are simply Wicked. angry

Abeg ignore that empty vessel. I engage with his type because they present an opportunity to demolish their lies and myths about igbos that they have never been able to back up.

Their major pain these days is that Igbos dont just sit back and allow their satanic lies to trend anymore. We see them we wreck them grin like we did to their claims on this thread

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by laudate: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
nku5:
Na wa o. I uploaded page 115 of Ademoyega's book and instead of confirming you are asking for links?

Ademoyega totally does justice to your questions but you want links from NL and Gamji? Haba come up with a counter thats based on facts bro. Simply denying reality can't cut it in a discussion of this level.

It has been published that Fani-Kayode was abducted by Nwobosi's men, and driven to Akintola's house. He escaped death from there, while gun fire was being exchanged by both parties. So how was he rescued or recaptured? In what way did Ademoyega do justice to my questions, please? shocked You are the one who made an assertion, so the onus is on you to prove it. Guy, is it that you did not understand my question, or you are deliberately playing the ostrich? That page from Ademoyega's book did not contain the actual blow-by-blow details of how Fani-Kayode escaped death, and your claim that 'he was rescued by soldiers controlled by an Igbo man?' So can you please provide the url link or source showing the exact details of how Fani-Kayode escaped death on the night of the coup, and the name of the Igbo man who rescued him with soldiers? Still waiting! undecided

Here is an excerpt from another article, on what eventually happened to the late Chief Fani-Kayode:

Corroborating Akinjide’s account, according to Shehu Shagari, in his Book “Beckoned to Serve”,

“…....….At about 7.00 am, I returned to Dipcharima’s residence to meet with some NPC ministers who had gathered there. Dipcharima was then the most senior NPC minister available. We received the latest reports on the situation, first from Alhaji Maitama Sule, Minister of Mines and Power, who had visited the PM’s residence by bicycle! We then heard from Alhaji Ibrahim Tako Galadima, the acting Minister of Defence, who had brought along with him Chief Fani-Kayode.

Chief Fani-Kayode said he had been fetched from Ibadan early that morning by rebels and locked up at the Federal Guard Officers Mess in Dodan Barracks, where the mutineers initially made their headquarters. Disguised in army uniform, loyal troops handed him over to Alhaji Galadima, who had called in at the barracks, which was a stone’s throw of his residence. http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/Nigeria_Facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/NorthCounterCoup.htm

I do not even want to talk about Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh the late Finance Minister who did NOT resist arrest but was also killed by the coup plotters.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by obaaderemi: 12:40am On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=laudate post=53660682]

It has been published that Fani-Kayode was abducted by Nwobosi's men, and driven to Akintola's house. He escaped from there, while gun fire was being exchanged by both parties. So how was he rescued or recaptured? In what way did Ademoyega do justice to my questions, please? shocked You are the one who made an assertion, so the onus is on you to prove it. Guy, is it that you did not understand my question, or you are deliberately playing the ostrich? That page from Ademoyega's book did not contain the actual blow-by-blow details of how Fani-Kayode escaped, and your claim that 'he was rescued by soldiers controlled by an Igbo man?' So can you please provide the url link or source showing the exact details of how Fani-Kayode escaped on the night of the coup, and the name of the Igbo man who rescued him with soldiers? Still waiting! undecided

He can't.u are gonna wait a long time.u have the boy cornered already like the mouse he is.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by laudate: 12:43am On Feb 13, 2017
obaaderemi:
He can't.u are gonna wait a long time.u have the boy cornered already like the mouse he is.

I have even updated my previous comment, but I am beginning to feel that Ademoyega's book contains a few errors. I may be wrong, however. But it does not detract significantly from the other parts of the book.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 1:28am On Feb 13, 2017
I can see that this thread had degenerated to the old "Igbo coup" Yoruba propaganda that has hundreds of threads about it in Nairaland.
It's getting boring debating on same thing over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 1:42am On Feb 13, 2017
If the coup was an Igbo coup as propagated by demonic elements from "the usual quarters", how do we explain away Fajuiyi involvement in the coup.

Fajuyi it was Who the "boys" ( Nzeogwu and co) looked up to as a model, and information available show that Fajuyi though not directly involved in the coup, was always giving inputs to the boys on how to go about it, and even when the coup failed, Fajuiyi stood with the boys, and obstructed Ironsi from prosecuting them, this angered the Northern junta alot, and that was why Fajuiyi was penciled down for execution by Northerners.

The only way the Igbo coup agenda of Yorubas could work is by delisting Fajuyi from the Northern kill list, this was why the propaganda of Fajuyi being killed because he was pleading for Ironsi life was manufactured by these treacherous people. grin

You know One thing about propaganda and lies? Once you make up one, you have to make up thousand more to support the first one, and you end up leaving trails in the end. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by BabaRamota1980: 1:59am On Feb 13, 2017
blues2022:

Everybody spit on Igbo, everybody! Even the smallest minority in Nigeria make fun of Igbo and mock you. You are the rug underfoot, every ethnic group wipe feet on you.

4 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Mimi525: 2:26am On Feb 13, 2017
cheruv:
Utter BS!!
So Gowon and Ojukwu went to Aburi...negotiated a settlement of their own freewill only for Gowon to come back and say that certain parts of an agreement he negotiated himself won't hold anymore... I mean who does that
I think Nigerians are tired of being one country.... Just look at that kinda BS these chaps are feeding us with, as if our brains are filled with sewage undecided

For Igbos... Its time to upp the momentum and forge a new country. Nigeria is dead!
That is so stupid. How do people think that we are not better together. Whether or not you understand it the bigger the country's land mass, the better chances a country can succeed. The Hausa's have vast land for farming. Igbo's have oil, and the yoruba's have infrastructure and technology. How do you not realize the beautiful things the three cultures can do for the country. Only older folks are stuck with this stupid mentality. The younger Igbo's, yoruba's and Hausa's dont engage in this petty nonsense. We have found a way to live peacefully in Lagos and become productive with the help of everyone. What is wrong with Your generation. If White people can get along with black people in ghettos in the USA. What excuse do you have. Lets stop this ridiculous infighting and and find a way to get rid of our corrupt leaders of every tribe, and move foward.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:33am On Feb 13, 2017
I would have stayed away from this "Igbo coup" Yoruba propaganda, since I am already bored discussing it, but since slimy Yoruba fellows here won't give it a Rest, I think they are due for debunking as usual.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:37am On Feb 13, 2017
First of all, the motive for Yoruba continual propagation of the Igbo coup propaganda even more than the North themselves must be clearly exposed.

"They( Yorubas) know that the Yoruba-Northern alliance was built on the fabricated Fajuiyi matryr story, for without that, the Yorubas would come to ridicule for over looking the murder of the military governor in Yorubaland by Northerners without not only doing nothing about it, but jumping into bed with same Northerners.

"The Fajuyi. falsehood story is the glue that holds the Western propaganda of "Igbo coup", unglue the falsehood, and that Igbo coup story falls face flat".

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:41am On Feb 13, 2017
[b]Lt. Col. William Walbe (rtd) said:
“……..We arrested him as we arrested Ironsi.We suspected him of being party to the January coup.You remember the Battle Group Course which was held at Abeokuta….Fajuyi was the Commander of the Battle Group Course…All those who took part in the January coup were those who had taken part in that course.It gave us the impression that the Battle Course was arranged for the January coup, so he had to suffer it too. I am sorry about that but that is the nature of the life of a military man……..”
General Danjuma confirms this opinion.He says that at another training camp in Kachia commanded by Lt. Col. Fajuyi, Major Nzeogwu rehearsed the assault on Sardauna’s house in the presence of some northern mortar officers who did not appreciate the significance of the exercise until after the coup.In Danjuma’s words, “The chaps could not stomach Fajuyi such that if there was anybody who should die first, as far as they were concerned, it was Fajuyi, not even Ironsi.”
How true are these claims about Fajuyi’s role in the January coup?I found an answer in the book “Why we Struck” by Major Adewale Ademoyega, one of the January mutineers and a Yoruba officer like Fajuyi.Ademoyega states that Fajuyi supported the first coup, knew of it and made suggestions to plotters on how it could be best carried out.According to Ademoyega, that he did not actively participate was only as a result of his posting at the time the coup was launched.However, Ademoyega eulogizes the late Colonel for opposing all efforts in the Supreme Military Council to bring the January 15 coupists to trial.[/b]

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:44am On Feb 13, 2017
Here is what Max silloun has to say about Fajuyi:nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/33870-life-times-colonel-adekunle-fajuyi.html

Here is what Nwankwo an Eye witness to Ironsi final moments had to say:www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:50am On Feb 13, 2017
What we know so far from history:

1. Fajuyi mentored and supported Nzeogwu and co coup. He obviously never saw it as an Igbo coup.

2. When the coup failed, Fajuyi still never saw the coup as Igbo coup, he shielded Nzeogwu and co from execution as he pleaded their case before Ironsi.

3. Ademoyega one of the key actors of the coup at no point called the coup Igbo coup, even after it failed

4. The propaganda of "Igbo coup" as propagated by treacherous elements from south west could not stand without first exonerating Fajuyi from the coup, and this they had to do by propounding the Matyr falsehood story for Fajuyi, but we know better. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 2:55am On Feb 13, 2017
I can actually logically claim that the January coup was masterminded by Awolowo, and i Would go on to create conjectures as facts to support that preconceived conclusion.

The way I see it, logically speaking, the coup was an Awo coup.
These are why:

1, The Coup plotters said that the ultimate aim of the coup was to install Awo as the president.

2, Awo until January 1966 coup was the only other man in recorded Nigerian history to have attempted to overthrow a seating government, he was found guilty of treason and imprisoned for that.

3, Awo was the person who has the most rational motive to want Akintola, Saraduna and Ahmadu Bello dead. The three of them rendered him politically useless and he would have rotted in prison ala Abiola style, if the Jan Coup didn't happen. Akintola, Balewa and Bello all ended up dead in the January coup, coincidence? I don't think so.

4, Any iota of doubt of Awo's capability of staging a hostile take over had been obliterated by his failed attempt to usurp IBB, that ultimately led to his demise.

This will be my argument, and I can drag it with Yorubas for eternity and I won't move my stand, as they won't be able to completely debunk my argument, but it wouldn't matter, since I would have already planted the seed of Awo masterminded coup on the minds of gullible onlookers.

This is exactly what the Lagos-Ibadan propaganda machine had done with their "Igbo coup" propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Dedetwo(m): 3:27am On Feb 13, 2017
nku5:

The poster, laudate, writes from ill-informed platform. He or she takes conjectures as facts.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by felicitywe(m): 4:09am On Feb 13, 2017
Igboid:
I can actually logically claim that the January coup was masterminded by Awolowo, and i Would go on to create conjectures as facts to support that preconceived conclusion.

The way I see it, logically speaking, the coup was an Awo coup.
These are why:

1, The Coup plotters said that the ultimate aim of the coup was to install Awo as the president.

2, Awo until January 1966 coup was the only other man in recorded Nigerian history to have attempted to overthrow a seating government, he was found guilty of treason and imprisoned for that.

3, Awo was the person who has the most rational motive to want Akintola, Saraduna and Ahmadu Bello dead. The three of them rendered him politically useless and he would have rotted in prison ala Abiola style, if the Jan Coup didn't happen. Akintola, Balewa and Bello all ended up dead in the January coup, coincidence? I don't think so.

4, Any iota of doubt of Awo's capability of staging a hostile take over had been obliterated by his failed attempt to usurp IBB, that ultimately led to his demise.

This will be my argument, and I can drag it with Yorubas for eternity and I won't move my stand, as they won't be able to completely debunk my argument, but it wouldn't matter, since I would have already planted the seed of Awo masterminded coup on the minds of gullible onlookers.

This is exactly what the Lagos-Ibadan propaganda machine had done with their "Igbo coup" propaganda.
D Lagos Ibadan Yoruba lies r too cheap for Nigerians to accept.They r so mischievous.Yorubas v become d BORN TO RULE TRIBE in Nigeria aftr accusing d Hausa/Fulani of doing dat.They create thread on nairaland wt Igbo names to insult other tribes.Osinbajo is thrickery,he visited Abia state on no reason and thrice Rivers and Bayelsa states to solicite 4 support making it look as if he s better than PMB.We knw dem well.They r praying PMB to die using other ppl's ID&pretending as if they love him.We knw Yoruba schemes.PMB will live long.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by felicitywe(m): 4:18am On Feb 13, 2017
Igboid:
What we know so far from history:

1. Fajuyi mentored and supported Nzeogwu and co coup. He obviously never saw it as an Igbo coup.

2. When the coup failed, Fajuyi still never saw the coup as Igbo coup, he shielded Nzeogwu and co from execution as he pleaded their case before Ironsi.

3. Ademoyega one of the key actors of the coup at no point called the coup Igbo coup, even after it failed

4. The propaganda of "Igbo coup" as propagated by treacherous elements from south west could not stand without first exonerating Fajuyi from the coup, and this they had to do by propounding the Matyr falsehood story for Fajuyi, but we know better. wink
It unfortunate yoruba youths r d ones who swallow d scrap of Igbo coup and they will ever be dementiated wt dat.Yorubas r knwn for treachery even among dem,having a classical history of betrayals,backstabbing and lies.Yorubas r now d BORN TO RULE IN NIGERIA aftr accusing d Hausa/Fulani of doing dat.They want PMB dead using Igbo IDs as if d Igbos r d ones forgettn dat Nigerians v knwn dem for yrs.Aftr they destroted GEJ,Osinbajo is nw visiting Abia,Rivers and Bayelsa states for suppport as if he s better dan PMB.They indirectly pray PMB to die so dat he will take over but Almighty God will preserve him.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by felicitywe(m): 4:28am On Feb 13, 2017
Igboid:
First of all, the motive for Yoruba continual propagation of the Igbo coup propaganda even more than the North themselves must be clearly exposed.

"They( Yorubas) know that the Yoruba-Northern alliance was built on the fabricated Fajuiyi matryr story, for without that, the Yorubas would come to ridicule for over looking the murder of the military governor in Yorubaland by Northerners without not only doing nothing about it, but jumping into bed with same Northerners.

"The Fajuyi. falsehood story is the glue that holds the Western propaganda of "Igbo coup", unglue the falsehood, and that Igbo coup story falls face flat".
Yorubas r too cheap for lies.They ocheatrated d protest against PMB by using Tuface but mid way they discovered PMB was alive so they suspended d protest.When he comes in aftr a while they will start asking dat he address d nation and declare his health status.Gradually in their usual treachey Osinbajo ihas visited Abia,Rivers and Bayelsa states on no serious reasons pretending as if he knws their problems better dan PMB.OBJ committed genocide in N/D while in power but it took Yardua's effort 2 bring a solution.Yorubas r now d BORN TO RULE IN NIGERIAN POLITICS.
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by obaaderemi: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2017
laudate:

I have even updated my previous comment, but I am beginning to feel that Ademoyega's book contains a few errors. I may be wrong, however. But it does not detract significantly from the other parts of the book.
I saw your update.That is actually the general version;that fanikayode was taken to lagos;even if your earlier version is incorrect,that illiterate specimen was also wrong by saying fani was rescued by an igbo army officer.On another note,it seems everyone who had written a book about the events of that period has been economical with the truth.we will never know everything about that time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Obi Moves To Intervene In Labour Party Crisis / 70 Billion Paliative: Falana Slams NASS Members, Says New Allowances Illegal / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.