Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,361 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:00 AM

The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds (15544 Views)

The Enduring Legacies Of A Seasoned Parliamentarian, Davematics David E Ombugadu / Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched / Breaking! Nigerians Voted On Igbo Presidency In 2019. See Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by mchenryking0(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2017
Some people don't like it when they are being told the truth. Many of us from the east grow with the lies their parents (though not their fault because they were illiterate been field with propaganda news from radio Biafra) told them about the civil war.
This children grow up with these thought without finding out whether wat they told them when they kids is right or not, most especially when other people start saying a different thing about the same issues (civil war). I urge you all to ask, read and do your finding without biase if you won't be better informed.
Ojukwu that led them to the war, what is antecedent.?
Use your common sense and stop all this hatred display on Nairaland.it wouldn't help anybody.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Who ever wrote this article needs a brain transplant surgery.

His stupidity is genetic.

4 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
When on March 15, the Secretary of the Benin Traditional Council, Mr. Frank Irabor, announced that “the leopard is ill in the Savannah bush”, we knew exactly what had happened to the Omo N’oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa (CFR), the 38th Oba of Benin, who was born on June 22, 1923 and ascended the throne on March 23, 1979.

Well, to an average Benin man or woman, such an announcement is well-understood. The Benin people value tradition and culture. And they are proud of it. I am from Ufosu in the Idanre Local Government Area of Ondo State that shares border with Edo State, so I should know.

The Oba of Benin is the traditional ruler of the Edo people and head of the historic Eweka dynasty of the Benin Empire.

The services of Oba Erediauwa are well-valued and will not be forgotten. Before becoming an Oba, as Prince Samuel Aiseokhuoba Igbinoghodua Akenzua, he was an outstanding civil servant. He, in fact, rose to become the Federal Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health before he retired in 1973.

Along with others, he attended the Aburi meeting held at the Peduase Lodge where the conflict of Nigeria was discussed between January 4 and January 5, 1967. Aburi is a town in Ghana and a 45-minute drive from Accra, the capital of Ghana.

Those who attended the meeting were Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon, Col. Robert Adebayo, Lt. Col. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Lt. Col. David Ejoor, Lt. Col. David Hassan Katsina, Commodore J.E.A. Wey, Major Mobolaji Johnson, Alhaji Kam Selem and Mr. J. Omo-Bare. Others were Prince S.I.A. Akenzua (Permanent Under-Secretary, Federal Cabinet Office.), Mr. P.T. Odumosu (Secretary to the Military Government, West.), Mr. N.U. Akpan (Secretary to the Military Government, East.), Mr. D.P. Lawani (Under-Secretary, Military Governor’s Office, Mid-West) and Alhaji Ali Akilu (Secretary to the Military Government, North.) The Chairman of the Ghana National Liberation Council, Lt. Gen. J.A. Ankrah, declared the meeting open in his capacity as then the head of state of Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
The following was agreed upon: “That Army to be governed by the Supreme Military Council under a Chairman to be known as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and Head of the Federal Military Government; Establishment of a Military Headquarters comprising equal representation from the regions and headed by a Chief of Staff; Creation of Area commands corresponding to existing regions and under the charge of Area commanders, matters of policy, including appointments and promotion to top executive posts in the Armed Forces and the Police to be dealt with by the Supreme Military Council. During the period of the Military Government, military governors will have control over area commands for internal security; Creation of a Lagos Garrison including Ikeja Barracks. In connection with the re-organisation of the Army, the council discussed the distribution of military personnel with particular reference to the present recruitment drive. The view was held that general recruitment throughout the country in the present situation would cause great imbalance in the distribution of soldiers. After a lengthy discussion of the subjects, the council agreed to set up a military committee on which each region will be represented, to prepare statistics which will show: Present strength of Nigeria Army; Deficiency in each sector of each unit; the size appropriate for the country and each area command; additional requirement for the country and each area command.

The committee is to meet and report to council within two weeks from the date of receipt of instructions. The council agreed that pending completion of the exercise in connection with re-organisation of the army, further recruitment of soldiers should cease. The implementation of the agreement reached on August 9, 1966, it was agreed, after a lengthy discussion, that it was necessary for the agreement reached on August 9 by the delegates of the Regional Governments to be fully implemented. In particular, it was accepted in principle that army personnel of Northern origin should return to the North from the West. It was therefore felt that a crash programme of recruitment and training, the details of which would be further examined after the committee to look into the strength and distribution of army personnel had reported, would be necessary to constitute indigenous army personnel in the West to a majority there quickly.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
As far as the regions were concerned, it was decided that all the powers vested by the Nigerian Constitution in the regions and which they exercised prior to January 15, 1966, should be restored to the regions. To this end, the Supreme Military Council decided that all decrees passed since the military take-over, and which tended to detract from the previous powers of the regions, should be repealed by January 21, after the Law Officers should have met on January 14 to list out all such decrees.”

The decisions at Aburi amounted to, in terms of political and military control of Nigeria, that the country should be governed as a confederation.

Suffice it to say that the vocal military officers like Lt. Col. Murtala Muhammed, Major Martin Adamu and Major Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma did not attend the Aburi meeting. Prince Akenzua along with top permanent secretaries including Alhaji Yusuf Gobir, Phillip Asiodu, Eme Ebong, B.N. Okagbue and Allison Ayida deconstructed in Lagos, all that was agreed in Aburi.

On arrival in Lagos, Prince Akenzua discussed with Gowon and raised objections to what was agreed in Aburi. Gowon asked him to raise a memo which he did. I am sure a copy of the memo is with Gowon today while a copy is in the archives in the Presidency. Civil servants are to be seen and not to be heard and that is why Akenzua never released a copy of the memo to the world.

The memo dated January 8, 1967 began with: “Your Excellency, in view of my discussion with you last night, I am raising this memo in the interest our fatherland, Nigeria”. Akenzua traced the long hard road that Nigeria had travelled and stressed on the need to keep a United Nigeria.

He said in the memo that Gowon had given too much away in Aburi and that it would lead to the destruction of the country. He further added that Gowon had “legalised” total regionalism which “will make the centre very weak.” Akenzua alluded in his memo that a weak centre would lead to confederation and total disintegration of the country. It was the memo that prompted Gowon to summon a meeting of the secretaries to the military governments and other officials which was held in Benin City between February 16 and 18, 1967. If you look at the minutes of the Benin meeting presided over by Mr. H. A. Ejueyitchie, Secretary to the Federal Military Government, you will discover that it was a total rejection of what was agreed upon in Aburi. The Benin meeting interpreted in its own way the agreement reached in Aburi.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Some people are just naturally stupid.
All these APC Igbos whose New stock in trade is to insult the Igbo and denigrate our history, just to curry favour from our detractors who happen to be their pay masters.
I spit on you all.
Afonjas are in PDP, how many times have we seen them trying to paint their people in bad light by writing senseless falsehood articles to appear in the good book of Igbos or Hausas?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2017

One of my milder critics accused me of demonstrated dislike for Biafra and its leadership. Yes, I detest the Biafra leadership because, in its recklessness, arrogance and despotism, it brought about the death of hundreds of thousands at the glory of their youth and the starvation to death of more than one million hapless and blameless men, women and children. It dismantled the Igbo power structure, painstakingly put together over decades by the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, and Michael Okpara, and set the Igbo back by at least 100 years. Why would any Igbo not despise a leadership that brought so much, avoidable, suffering, pain and sorrow to the Igbo?

How exactly did Biafran leadership dismantle the Igbo political structures and caused death of Igbos?

Did Biafra leadership tell Nzeogwu to start. Coup? We're they the ones who massacred Ndiigbo all over the country and threatened to do worst if not put in check?
This writer is clearly profoundly mentally retarded.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
[b]
Some of my detractors argued that secession was a necessary response to the mass-murder of the Igbo in northern Nigeria. Undoubtedly, that orchestrated slaughter of the innocent for no offense of theirs but their ethnicity was unconscionable. However, it would be selective amnesia to forget that the July 29th 1966 coup and the attendant anti-Igbo riots in the North did not sprout out of a void. They were in reprisal for an earlier coup in January 1966 in which an Igbo dominated group of army officers murdered the most important Hausa/Fulani political and military leaders (Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Belewa and Zakari Miamalari) without killing any Igbo leader. And following the coup, the Igbo in the North became too celebrative; dancing and singing to a Rex Lawson song and telling their Hausa neighbors that the bleating of a goat in the song was Ahmadu Bello (the most important Hausa/Fulani leader) howling like a goat as he was being killed by Major Nzeogwu. It was the discriminatory killings and gratuitous mockery of the memory of their most important leader, amongst other reasons, that set the stage for the July 1966 anti-Igbo coup and the attendant anti-Igbo riots. [/b]

If only the father of this writer used a 20 Naira condom, it would have saved me the agony of writing a rebuttal to the above rubbish.

This Aturu is repeating the same Yoruba propaganda of Igbos singing Songs to mock the North. Same propaganda that none of them have been able to prove, as no such song was sang.
This mentally unstable man for the sake of his hunger ravaged stomach, will use falsehood propaganda to justify the senseless murder of Ndiigbo by his fellow Nigerians, absolving the Nigerians of all blames and puting the blame on innocent massacred Igbo victims.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
[b]After the killings in the January and July coups and that unsurpassed butchery of Igbo civilians in northern Nigeria, there was a desperate need for peace in the country. In search of peace, the regional governors, David Ejoor, Usman Katsina, Robert Adebayo and Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, and the Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, met at Aburi in Ghana, where they agreed on and signed the Aburi Accord. The most significant aspect of the accord was constitutional: the reduction of the powers of the federal government by devolution of additional powers to regional governments. Long ago, an Igbo professor of political science at Howard University in Washington, DC told me that Yakubu Gowon implemented the Aburi Accord. To me, his statement was not only unbelievable but sacrilegious. I lost my temper at what I thought was historical revisionism taken to a nauseating extreme. The elderly professor must have understood my problem. I was suffering from a hangover of the Biafran propaganda. I was under the stupefying hold of the lies we were fed in Biafra. For he stated, “don’t worry, with time, in the course of your reading and research, you will find out that Gowon implemented the Aburi Accord”.[/b]

Gowon did not implement the Aburi Accord.All part of the Accord was important and was discussed fully and deliberated on, an agreement is either passed or not passed, there is no half way measures, that stage can only take place during negotiations, when each side give and take.
This I had already shown with the long article I posted earlier.
Your Howard professor is obviously severly mentallyretarded, I wouldn't be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
cheruv:
Utter BS!!
So Gowon and Ojukwu went to Aburi...negotiated a settlement of their own freewill only for Gowon to come back and say that certain parts of an agreement he negotiated himself won't hold anymore... I mean who does that
I think Nigerians are tired of being one country.... Just look at that kinda BS these chaps are feeding us with, as if our brains are filled with sewage undecided

For Igbos... Its time to upp the momentum and forge a new country. Nigeria is dead!

Imagine someone changing the scoreline of football match after match had ended, and expecting it to stand by saying that he removed only few goals from the scoreline and left the important ones.
The kind of idiocy emanating from these Igbo sellouts these days eh, I'm beginning to imagine what Ojukwu went through, suffering betrayal after betrayal from these debased Igbos with no guilty conscience or sense Of communal well being, but Instead only driven by selfish agenda.
Igbo tolu ato!

4 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by citizenY(m): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
[quote author=zendy post=53590046]

Let me put it this way. Biafra is a democratic thing and not an elitist thing. Biafra is about the will of the majority and not the will of a privileged few. Biafra ia all that Nigeria is not.

When Scotland voted in a 2014 Referendum on their freedom from Britain, nobody cared about how the rich, politically connected or elite voted, it was about the majority. Thats the spirit of Biafra.

As for the Biafrans being killed, it is Nigeria that is killing them. It is the Nigerian security firces shooting unarmed people. The Nigerian security forces have never needed a good reasob to brutalise or kill unarmed people, they do it everyday, Biafra or not. It is also one of the main reasons for seeking Biafra because when their is Biafra, Police and Military brutality will come to an end.

So you see, you have no point to make[/quote

It will not be correct to make a comparison of the Biafran struggle to events in Scotland. Catalonia and a few other places. What is more profound is that the rabble rousing by way of propaganda has eaten so deep into the psyche that those affected, to this day, have not been able to see the duplicity of Ojukwu. The victim mentality so engrained remains to the extent that offspring that were born Years after the civil war are still fed this fare.They are just regurgitating the same wartime themes and heating up the polity.

The expose by OP, Asiodu and Siollum show clearly the issues as they were and indicated the options available then. The question is whether the prevailing circumstances allowed clear thinking or mass mobilisation strategies delegated the personal interests of Ojukwu to the background.

Having said that. we are yet to determine the direction the elite, as movers and shakers of the society may want to take. Certainly, this crusade cannot be left in the hands of small boys with phones who do not know when the rain started beating us.

To the elite, I say, silence is not golden.

My take.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Igboid: 12:11am On Feb 11, 2017

It will not be correct to make a comparison of the Biafran struggle to events in Scotland. Catalonia and a few other places. What is more profound is that the rabble rousing by way of propaganda has eaten so deep into the psyche that those affected, to this day, have not been able to see the duplicity of Ojukwu. The victim mentality so engrained remains to the extent that offspring that were born Years after the civil war are still fed this fare.They are just regurgitating the same wartime themes and heating up the polity.

Why would it not be correct to make a comparison of the Biafran struggle to events in Catalonia or Scotland?

Regardless of what you think the history of Biafra is or is not, the result is the same, the commoners in Igboland would not favour continued association with Yorubas and Arewa, and would like to put that to a test by means of referendum.
In both cases of Scotland and Catalonia, it's a story of people challenging co existence with strange Bed fellows.
Same is applicable in Nigeria and Biafra. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by ayokellany: 12:58am On Feb 11, 2017
cheruv:

For Igbos... Its time to upp the momentum and forge a new country. Nigeria is dead!

But who or what stop the Igbos from forging their country ? Gambia Lesotho Togo n many other countries not up to a million in population are countries not needing authorisation from any lord. Why can't Igbo do the same and stop all this noise making.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Nowenuse: 6:43am On Feb 11, 2017
cheruv:

I made that statement so that you'd show your igbophobic hand which you've shown...its time to draw the curtains but before I do,just know that SE and SS Igboid tribes are forging a new destiny together in their new country Oke Ohaeze AlaIgbo and no amount of hate from you non Igboid SSners would stop that.
Am telling you as an Anioma son cool

Igbophobic? And how do u know that am not from Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye e.t.c?
See this one talking as if it is not these groups of people i am living with in Delta state, winning and dinning with, and hardly do u even see any of them talk about Igbo agenda.
You can never see an Ika, Ukwuani, Anochia or Ikwerre person carry Igbo matter for head. Hardly! Cos most do not even believe they are Igbos.
Let's watch na, it's no more Biafra, it's now 'Oke alozie oheze'. LoLL....continous clowns. Which would it be next?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Nowenuse: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Sctests:

If you had a good working brain in that your muslim pro-dullard skull, your would have realised that nowhere in the world do people seek permission from their leaders and rulers before seeking to start a revolution- idealogical or physical.

Kanu Nnamdi pulls more crowd than all SE and SS politicians combined even when they mobilize people with their stolen wealth for rallies.

This is why Igbos are naturally intelligent than you. You pro-dullards just open your filthy mouths and blab after throwing away your brain into ogbomosho for ritualists to pick up and go sell. grin grin

You see where you guys missed the whole thing.
How did Scotland (Britain), Catalonia (Spain) or Quebec (Canada) ever got a referendum to vote in order to leave their countries? It was never due to the number of protests they carried out or the number of faceless people crying CHUKU OKIKIA OBIMA. LOL

The bills for seccession and right to referendum were argued and passed by Scottish, Catalonian and Quebecois lawmakers in British, Spanish and Canadian parliaments before these govts could take them any serious.
I take it that i am really speaking with ignorant dummies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by omofunaab(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

You see where you guys missed the whole thing.
How did Scotland (Britain), Catalonia (Spain) or Quebec (Canada) ever got a referendum to vote in order to leave their countries? It was never due to the number of protests they carried out or the number of faceless people crying CHUKU OKIKIA OBIMA. LOL

The bills for seccession and right to referendum were argued and passed by Scottish, Catalonian and Quebecois lawmakers in British, Spanish and Canadian parliaments before these govts could take them any serious.
I take it that i am really speaking with ignorant dummies.

Oga, you are just wasting your time telling them how to go about getting a referendum, they won't listen to you, they will instead abuse and insult you.. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by cheruv: 8:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

Igbophobic? And how do u know that am not from Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye e.t.c?
See this one talking as if it is not these groups of people i am living with in Delta state, winning and dinning with, and hardly do u even see any of them talk about Igbo agenda.
You can never see an Ika, Ukwuani, Anochia or Ikwerre person carry Igbo matter for head. Hardly! Cos most do not even believe they are Igbos.
[s]Let's watch na, it's no more Biafra, it's now 'Oke alozie oheze'. LoLL....continous clowns. Which would it be next[/s]?
How do you expect our people to start discussing Igbo agenda with someone who's not Igbo Guy you're very funny oo. Delta is a heterogeneous state, so you don't expect an Anioma son who just met to start talking about something that'd potentially frighten you undecided
That's the main reason we're angling for an Anioma state.. Where we can feel free to talk and do anything we want to without harming the "feelings" of the other non Igboid tribes.
Moreover our kinsmen across the river has agreed to support us in our drive for Anioma state... So its just a matter of time before we get it.
Moreover stop denigrating what you don't know about... Kos that idea is even bigger than Nigeria itself. That's you wine and dine with someone doesn't mean you'd not harm them if given an opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by vanbonattel: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2017
Igboid:

Why would it not be correct to make a comparison of the Biafran struggle to events in Catalonia or Scotland?

Regardless of what you think the history of Biafra is or is not, the result is the same, the commoners in Igboland would not favour continued association with Yorubas and Arewa, and would like to put that to a test by means of referendum.
In both cases of Scotland and Catalonia, it's a story of people challenging co existence with strange Bed fellows.
Same is applicable in Nigeria and Biafra. cool

Igboid, I respect you.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Lionize: 9:03am On Feb 11, 2017
@ TheSociopath
I am sure you'll cry fowl if your business partner implements only 80% of an agreement with you, especially when the other 20% was meant to favour you. That old professor in your imagination is not really intellectually sound. I thought you had something else to say other than 80% of the accord 'about being' implemented in decree 8. Please spare me that. On Aburi we stand!

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by bigfrancis21: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

Let's watch na, it's no more Biafra, it's now 'Oke alozie oheze'. LoLL....continous clowns. Which would it be next?

Dude you're from the middle belt. I don't see why this issue even concerns you in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by cheruv: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Dude you're from the middle belt. I don't see why this issue even concerns you in the first place.

Don't mind nowenuse...even the username sounds TiV shocked
That's why I'd always believed that an Anioma state would cure all these rubbish...imagine a northerner claiming to speak for SS Igbos
Wonders they say never end undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by cheruv: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2017
Bujumbura:
Let's talk about the heartbreak from that girl grin grin
Ole nwanyi o bu? shocked
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Ngokafor(f): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2017
mchenryking0:
Some people don't like it when they are being told the truth. Many of us from the east grow with the lies their parents (though not their fault because they were illiterate been field with propaganda news from radio Biafra) told them about the civil war.
This children grow up with these thought without finding out whether wat they told them when they kids is right or not, most especially when other people start saying a different thing about the same issues (civil war). I urge you all to ask, read and do your finding without biase if you won't be better informed.
Ojukwu that led them to the war, what is antecedent.?
Use your common sense and stop all this hatred display on Nairaland.it wouldn't help anybody.

....How can you say you are from the East yet refer to Easterners as 'they and these'..it is only a bas***d that will type what you just did if you are truely from the East..and i dont mean it as an insult...

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Bujumbura(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2017
cheruv:

Ole nwanyi o bu? shocked
his fiance. He posted the pics here where they were chilling with his Iroh moniker.

Tonye gwara m na di anumanu choro inu di gal mana kita di gal a gbawa go door

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Ngokafor(f): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

...But in all honesty why are you and your ilk (wherever you are from) so bothered??...If Biafran agitators are wasting their time like you claim,why not allow them 'waste' their time??

....One thing you lots should learn as humans is NEVER SAY NEVER..You do not have control of your life or future how much more someone else's....There was a point in Nigeria when one cant even mention Biafra not to talk of agitating for it,but now its openly discussed and canvassed.

...I repeat NEVER SAY NEVER cos you will be shocked.

2 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Ngokafor(f): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2017
Bujumbura:
his fiance. He posted the pics here where they were chilling with his Iroh moniker.

... cheesy..o gwagi ihe mere oji gbaya boot?
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2017
Ngokafor:

...But in all honesty why are you and your ilk (wherever you are from) so bothered??...If Biafran agitators are wasting their time like you claim,why not allow them 'waste' their time??

....One thing you lots should learn as humans is NEVER SAY NEVER..You do not have control of your life or future how much more someone else's....There was a point in Nigeria when one cant even mention Biafra not to talk of agitating for it,but now its openly discussed and canvassed.

...I repeat NEVER SAY NEVER cos you will be shocked.
so many men think they are gods over other men. Silly things.

1 Like

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Bujumbura(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2017
Ngokafor:

... cheesy..o gwagi ihe mere oji gbaya boot?
You know that guy can never get married with the kind of hatred in his soul
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by cheruv: 10:27am On Feb 11, 2017
Bujumbura:

I nwere ike iziterem link eri ahu kam hu nwa o bu?
O bu nwa Igbo ka o choro ilu? O gābu ihnye mere mmo o nēduzi ndi Igbo ji ria elu grin
Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by darknetcom: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2017
Eledan:
Ojukwu really ffuccked up. No other way to explain his insane exuberance

Meanwhile, Igbos are viewing this thread and running away, like they always do when they are confronted with undisputable historical facts of Nigeria grin grin

i think he didnt just wanted the east and delta..

he wanted the ol nigeria..maybe even more..

ghana?cameroon?togo?...

his behavior was strange...

charactaristics of hitler...

3 Likes

Re: The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds by Ngokafor(f): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Nowenuse:

If not stupidity, why do many Igbos lack cognizance of the fact that almost all Igbo politicians, elites, powerful business men, religious and traditional leaders do not give a rat's ass about Biafra?
They seldom talk about it in the open let alone chamioning it, when they are the ones who are supposed to be at the forefront of the struggle in order to make it plausible..
We only see scoundrels, societal misfits, derelicts and all manners of low-life igbos killing themselves on Biafran issues. Is Biafran agitation only for the poor and faceless Igbos?

...I will quote you again..Please educate yourself ,Revolutions are never initiated by the elites and upper class in a soceity..go check history,from the Russian revolution to the French one,even the Arab spring uprising in 2011...It is usually the underclass who are at the receiving end of elitist shenanigans that revolts and sustains such revolution.

..That is why is dangerous to have too many dis-enfrenchised populace in a country.It is those so-called IPOB miscreants' you should fear..folks that are dying and ready to die without backing down..If a revolution should happen in this country,it is the underclass that will initiate and sustain it.

...P.s..Tuface and co backed out from an ordinary protest when the heat turned on him/them because he is part of the middle-class who has a lot to 'loose'.This seriously doused the tempo of the protest and reduced it to a walk-about excercise..with the Commissioner of Police in Lagos gisting and strolling with the protesters embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"Disregard Those Calling For Restructuring" - Yahaya Bello Urges Nigerians / Abuja Tremor: Earthquake Now A Potential Hazard In Nigeria - Presidential Commit / EXCLUSIVE: Soldiers Kill Civilians, Raze Village In Bauchi *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.