Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,156 members, 7,913,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:44 PM

New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland (6233 Views)

Guys One Line Of Word For This Girl(pic) / Era Of Change!! Ladies What To Do When You Loose Your Boyfriend To Another Lady / The Era Of The Hot Moms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ Seun

'Strong filter'   how about 'dumb' filter.

I am all for the 'censorship' or watever u guys want to do, but could u possibly come up with more reasonabla replacemnt for your 'filter'?

Besides what r d mods doing if they cant control people and their choice of words.

And pls how does google get to decide what goes on here? I bet they dont have time for other foriegn forums, now they get to control us here. Or do they 'censor' them too?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by kbone(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
omo dem bots go work overtime oh, peeps will just be creative na, now thats fawking boolsheet mayn

but seriously what happened to freedom of expression?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
T'was on NL I got informed Obama will streamline what ever has to go thru the internet, ultimately shutting it down for some good4nuttin security issues, so tell me, who has ever complained about NL language decency apart from us in the forum, u the **** cares, I hate mental slavery, lack of expression of self and the untimely will to get subdued for no just cause!!!!!

Itches me, tell them to pay you, if you are really important, Seun will they shut it down if we don't comply
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by SisiKill1: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
Lmao! Abeg, which word translate to halleluyah?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by SisiKill1: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2009
Self service? Self service emitting? Sympathetic alien? Rotflmao!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by SisiKill1: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
Self service? Self service emitting? Sympathetic alien? Rotflmao!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by blackmann(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
sex, orgasm, doggy style, Bleep, breasts, sperm, ejaculate, coital interruptus, pussy, masturbate, bastard
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by blackmann(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2009
sex, o.rgasm, d.oggy style, bleep, b.reasts, s.perm, e.jaculate, coital interruptus, womanliness, m.asturbate, b.astard

these are what i typed in my previous posts and that was what came up. Since when has sympathetic alien been a synonym of b.astard? and the term womanhood? self service? tyhe one that gets me and i still dont understand is o.rgasm = hallelujah. which dumb f9 in english dude wrote this thing? i'm speechless.

and when has f.uck turned int bleep?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by blackmann(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
u see, i cannot even write F@CK codedly any more. it is now saying bleed.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
D ko ko b say, any search wen reach google engine thru nl,seun dey collect smthing.google don komot their search link because them fill say d guy collection don dey wan too much.DEM DON DEY WAN FILL
ANYWAY,make una use things like -,.-=+/ and the rest to mix una words, i sho say him go fly.
creativity is in our blood (AFRICANS)
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by No2Atheism(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
Dear Nairalanders,

We have recently been informed that Google is not happy with the kind of language Nairalanders use on the Nairaland Forum.  They have even taken punitive measures against us to drive home the point that they want Nairaland to be clean: no dirty language, illegal activities, etc.

As a result of this, we had no choice but to install a strong word filter to eliminate any words which are embarrassing to advertisers or not family-friendly.  We are also putting the Sexuality section in a hidden area, because there's no family-friendly way to discuss sexuality.

You have to understand that my hands are tied.  We have no choice on this matter.  So please, any Nairalander that attempts to bypass the censorship filter in any way will be treated as a spammer.  You're going to be banned both by human beings and bots.

There are millions of topics we can discuss without having to use x-rated words.  Let's focus on them!

Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Nairaland Founder & Admin

1. Some good points and reasons.

2. However the areas that i am not comfortable with as to do with:

-   Is Nairaland the only website with bad language.
   -   When did it become Google's duty to censor Nigerian use of language.
   -   How are Adds tied in into the language being used on the website.

3. Does this have anything to do with why Yahoo is now the Search Engine.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by wendoworld(m): 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
Mr. seun abeg try answer us some of this question wey we dey ask you o jare no be say you go just post once dey look us make we dey make noise, abi which one you dey now angry, i swear nairaland don dey sawa for my face with this report, wetin you think say e make nairaland wetin e be if no be the freedom of expression, i understand say na bizziness but at least follow us rap make we for understand each other because me feel say we all get hand in taking nairaland to where it is today so please try relate with us abeg, chai see INTERNET SLAVERY angry
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by eyoniggar(m): 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
You guys are getting it wrong. Seun did not sell off his site to google.com. There is one thing we call google ads. Without that, ads wont be placed on Nairaland to drive more traffic from it, thats where he makes the money from.

So with the ads placed on his site, visitors seeing the ads might click on some thread that has such vulgar languages, which in turn gives google as the ad placer a bad image. Thats if im right though. grin grin
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by ndcide(m): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
just hope nothing changes in the nearest future

screwwercs
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Omolulu(m): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
orgasm
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by skfa1: 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
why not list what you dont want NL to say on here or better change it to something meaningful. Remember that if people refuse to log into NL then thats the end. Stay cool.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Bongoman1: 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
Nairaland for Sale.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by No2Atheism(m): 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
- Can the Administrator or Moderator please move this thread away from the Romance Section . . . and place it at the Nairaland section.

- I did not even realise it was in the Romance section when i responded to the topic. . .

- If i knew it was in the Romance section, there is very high probability that I would not have bothered to comment. . .
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
After you guys will say you don't take NL seriously, look at how they are protesting. Roflmao!!!!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by MissyB1(m): 12:11am On Dec 08, 2009
I think 'Sex' and some other words have been made to stay.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by spoilt(f): 12:15am On Dec 08, 2009
Seun you may need to tie some people's fingers. they cannot but type up the nasty!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 08, 2009
here i was thinking nl was in danger of becoming a warez forum - what with all the my freedom etal - didn't know it was becoming a sax/purn forum

the google thing probably has to do with the way nl is rated and how it makes income

like anything else, this is what happens when things are done to excess

maybe now we can start the era of intelligent insults / brit type references to er relations
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by agbalaya: 2:09am On Dec 08, 2009
dog testing
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by FayeZik(f): 2:15am On Dec 08, 2009
Good. Shape up or ship out!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by puskin: 2:24am On Dec 08, 2009
NL ain't gonna be the same again.
Mehn!! Now im gonna be fighting against NL Spambot nd NL Mod-bot.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 08, 2009
I was on the irish boards the other day, and that forum is like one thousand times the size of Nairaland.

I kept expecting to see the high level of curse words and insults that we have on NL, but didnt find any. Maybe I need to browse the place more?
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by tkb417(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Lmao! Abeg, which word translate to halleluyah?
orgazm grin grin

puskin:

NL ain't gonna be the same again.
Mehn!! Now im gonna be fighting against NL Spambot nd NL Mod-bot.
yes o
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Epi: 10:15am On Dec 08, 2009
@ poster

maybe one should have to enter a password in order to post in the sexuality section undecided
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by Kx: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
Testing testing,a little test of d extent of la censorship.

ipkutus, otu, amu,ozygam,sexul intercausa,awa style!,

am sure we all know what dos words represent.

Nothing spoil,our way of expression will survive any form of imperialism in
the name of censorship.
It is our unique way and symbol of communication/expression,good or bad.
Is that not the way they defined language?

another challenge!
spirit of aluta,wake up!!!
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by mrofficial(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
Make Google drink my urine.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by mbulela: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
i have stated my support or this clean up in my earlier posts.
What i find uncomfortable is the seeming arrogance of Seun.
people have raised several questions on this thread, how long will it take him to address the questions and at least provide some sort of an answer?
there have been repeated complaints about how the process through which posts make the front page seems inconsistent and bereft of a qualitative mechanism.We can all go hang or all he and his mods care.Not a word has been said about that,yet we all can see a persistent deterioration in the quality of posts therein.
At the end o the day, Google or no Google, we the users and posters on this forum are the most important.without us NL is dead, yet we are often treated like some unintelligent persons.
This is a forum and it may belong to an individual but its strength lies in the collectivity of its users.
Seun, show us some courtesy and provide some answers to the questions that have been raised here.
It is the least we deserve.
Re: New Era Of Word Censorship On Nairaland by mrofficial(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2009
mbulela:

i have stated my support or this clean up in my earlier posts.
What i find uncomfortable is the seeming arrogance of Seun.
people have raised several questions on this thread, how long will it take him to address the questions and at least provide some sort of an answer?
there have been repeated complaints about how the process through which posts make the front page seems inconsistent and bereft of a qualitative mechanism.We can all go hang or all he and his mods care.Not a word has been said about that,yet we all can see a persistent deterioration in the quality of posts therein.
At the end o the day, Google or no Google, we the users and posters on this forum are the most important.without us NL is dead, yet we are often treated like some unintelligent persons.
This is a forum and it may belong to an individual but its strength lies in the collectivity of its users.
Seun, show us some courtesy and provide some answers to the questions that have been raised here.
It is the least we deserve.

I dey with you.

Seun does it like - I am the owner of the forum, and i do whatever pleases me. He neglects most people on NL.

Which I do not like, I asked him to remove the restriction barring me from editing my nickname, he didn't even reply me. In which I even quoted him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Teen Masturbates 56 Times, Dies Of Heart Attack - Punch / Viral - See How Careless Young Lady Used Cucumber For Self Pleasure / Married Woman Dies In Young Lover's House After Marathon Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.