Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,858 members, 7,876,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:49 PM

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible - Islam for Muslims (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (23063 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by mrpataki(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2007
@ babs787,
I can very well see that not only are you dull of reading comprehension, infact you are very well dull of addressing issues.

You were so eager to to throw the stone at one party while yet Olabowale (oops sorry old uncle Olabowale) was a scared cow to talk to.
You as well saw how babyosisi and wunmi, addressed them both, at least learn from those ones before you come into the game. I guess you were as well interested in wanting Havila to address you as well grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by shahan(f): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2007
Havila:

@ Olabowale,

In conclusion Olabowale, may the Living God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ bless you, keep you and have mercies on you; may He bless your children and make their paths straight towards Him. May the power of the true God break all the hurts and pain of your past and make you see His Glory. Every wicked power having their hold on you will loose their grip. Your children will be great and successful. The devil will not make you miss your mark. These I pray for you and your children in the precious name of Jesus Christ, (and the people of Nairaland religion forum join me and say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,smiley AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin Goodbye, sir.

Ammeeeeeeeeennnn!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Amobi1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2007
who is going to mention a terrorist in the bible!!!! his preaching is really violent. Bible is the book of love!!!!!
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2007
mrpataki,

i dont have time for you here. ve aplogised to whom it deemed fit and i dont owe any other person any apology.

elder pataki, go over their posts and reason with the tone of the messag, after that u can talk to me and i will respond.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by teamman(m): 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2007
Pls guys I am a new member and i believe that we should not allow religious sentiments becloud the union we share on nairaland.its a forum for young people to express our opinions and not to argue about things that ave nothing with our goals and aspirations.please guys one love
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2007
teamman:

Please guys I am a new member and i believe that we should not allow religious sentiments becloud the union we share on nairaland.its a forum for young people to express our opinions and not to argue about things that ave nothing with our goals and aspirations.please guys one love

it would have been better not to have posted this nonsense. of what value is it to this thread?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by BECCIA(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2007
@Munyasia

Hi all, I'm new to this TOPIC,

but I read your piece and I'm sorry to say that you are Mistaken, ,

the word "Comforter" by Jesus was translated from Greek,
but its rendering actually is "another comforter like me", ,- "Parakletos".

1) It means the Comforter will be someone like Jesus,
a Comfort/Guide to the disciples and to as many as will receive Him through Jesus Christ.
"If you read John's account, it says that THE COMFORTER will testify of JESUS".

The whole world knows that the ministry of Jesus and that of Muhammed
are completely incompatible- and grossly incomparable.

2) The Comforter is also referred to as the Holy Ghost- in the NT
and that is also translated from the word "pneuma", which is literally translated as "wind".
So there is logical explanation whatsoever to say the Muhammed fits into this picture.

3) Jesus, also mentioned in the Gospels that the Comforter will abide with you always.
and has eternal qualities.
We know Muhammed's mortality, He died and was buried and cease to live.

4) The Comforter who is the Holy Ghost came upon 120 of disciples in Acts 2
And the acts of the Holy Spirit and His Comforting Ministry has begun ever before 
Muhammed was born.
I can't possibly imagine the connection with Muhammed.

5) In John's Epistles ( The test for the Spirit of God who is the Comforter)
is that that Spirit must confess that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.
Thats why we know that Muhammedans do not have THE SPIRIT OF GOD
who is the Comforter.

What more can I say?

Let me say that the purpose of my response is never to criticise
your point of view but to help you in getting the truth of the matter,
to enlighten your mind.

I must say that all of us stand to learn one thing or the other
from this discussion.

Regards to All
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by simmy(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
@topic
simply ridiculous
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by barikade: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2007
simmy:

simply ridiculous

Wish my answers are often that powerful and concise! smiley
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by denex: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2007
The prophet muhammed (SAW) did say a few things about jesus christ, but he is definitely not the comforter and he was neither mentioned in the bible, nor would he have even been mentioned in the bible.

God knows what he's doing. If he wanted to mention muhammed, He'd have done that clearly. Stating where muhammed would come from and that he'd champion many jihads, how he'll live, and what he'd achieve.

Even for those that are claiming that muhammed might be a comforter, he definitely was not THE comforter because jesus made it clear who he was sending the comforter to. It wasn't the Saudis.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by simmy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2007
@barry
grin grin grin wink
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nossycheek(f): 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2007
@topic

Yes MO was mentioned in the Bible. Even his beloved Aisha.

E no get wetin ear no go hear for dis place sef
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olutomiwa(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
Yes he was mentioned in the bible YOU WROTE, beta wake up from ur slumber and stop deceving urself.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by cgift(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2007
The seed of Ishmeal (Hagar's son) is very relevant in the scheme of things concerning the plans of God for Christains as it relates to persecution. It helps to strengthen faith. Muslims are tools in the hands of God to always keep christains on their toes. Happy are you when men persecute you, Mohammad is not in the scriptures. His grand mntor, Ishmeal is the one that is in the bible except if the quran versed it that MO's name was mentioned i nthe bible grin.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Backslider(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2007
Even demons say Good things about Jesus Christ doesnt make them holy.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 1:46am On Nov 02, 2007
Lol. grin

@topic:

Muhammad is not in the Bible. QED.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrim

You are here when you couldnt provide evidence that the verses in question are referring to Holy spirit.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrim

Hope you are aware that there are still other chapters making reference to Muhammad in the bible and if you need them, I can supply same from the bible backing it up with similar verses from the Quran.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrim

You are here when you couldnt provide evidence that the verses in question are referring to Holy spirit.

babs787:

@pilgrim

Hope you are aware that there are still other chapters making reference to Muhammad in the bible and if you need them, I can supply same from the bible backing it up with similar verses from the Quran.

Go and see your FRAUD exposed in the new thread. Quick access by clicking on the following:

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1642155)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1642174)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1642188)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1642263)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1642295)
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2007
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

This is the link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.32.html

"This is the link" - for what. . . more of your FRAUD and duplicity? cool

I've been there already; and my answers are the same:

Recycled questions are a waste if you keep evading the assertive denial where the FRAUD that you are has been EXPOSED! cool

(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643198)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643234)
(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90174.64.html#msg1643296)

Don't play the games of "oya, answer me first. . . and then you MUST answer some more after these ones. . . it is never Babs turn" . . blah blah! If you want to invite pilgrim.1 for a discussion, then:

[list]
[li]LYING, [/li][/list]

[list]
[li]PLAGIARIZING other people's material[/li][/list]

[list][li]and EVADING questions already offered you after yours have been addressed[/li][/list]

. . are sure elements that will make that thread die a natural death! grin
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2007
@pilgrims

You aint see nothing yet, I need your response in all the opened threads. You are now confused and wanted to shift the question to that of Muhammad not being the spirit.

You have been the one saying that the holy spirit would be another comforter and I asked you if it has not been in existence and how many would we be having but you tactically dodged and that painting every posts with same issues with I have refuted.

If the verse is referring to Holy spirit as you are claimn,g please do holy spirit speak or inspire/ Has it not been in existence?
Common, be bold enough cheesy
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrims

You have been the one saying that the holy spirit would be another comforter and I asked you if it has not been in existence and how many would we be having but you tactically dodged and that painting every posts with same issues with I have refuted.

Keep whinging. This snivel has been addressed again and again, and there's nothing new you can use for bleaching your FRAUD. cool

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2007
@Cgift: What was written about Ismail (AS), Ishmael, in the Bible, could tell us, if he did anything, as to his descriptions? In other word, am asking if he behaved as he was described. Am saying that we should address and limit this issue to him alone and not to anyone else or entities. Then it is only then you will know whether the Bible have spoken the truth.

If you extend this characterization to include anyone or entities other than Ishmael, then all other descriptions can be extended to anyone or entities as long that their is some plausibilities to that effect.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2007
@Cgift: Please tell me what has the holy spirit reminded christians of what Jesus let, which is the same as the complete laws of Moses? If anyone changed even a jot of it, then that is contrary to jesus' instruction. By this tell us who what is the holy spirit and when did it come? Do you have it in this present generation of christendom?

The teach part of the functions of the holy spirit: What has the holy spirit teached, separate and apart, as addition to what Jesus had teached, before he was raised up by his Lord God Almighty Himself? We are talking about new materials here.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

You are now confused and wanted to shift the question to that of Muhammad not being the spirit and you have been posting same thinking that I mentioned Muhammad as the spirit.

Please,

you have been the one saying that the holy spirit would be another comforter and I asked you if it has not been in existence and how many would we be having but you tactically dodged and that painting every posts with same issues with I have refuted.

If the verse is referring to Holy spirit as you are claimng please do holy spirit speak or inspire/ Has it not been in existence and what has it told you regarding adultery, worship etc?

What is the position of the word 'another' in that verse?

Common, be bold enough cool
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrims

You are now confused and wanted to shift the question to that of Muhammad not being the spirit and you have been posting same thinking that I mentioned Muhammad as the spirit.

You're a shameless LIAR and a FRAUD on top of everything!

Who has said that John 14:16 refers to none other than MUHAMMAD?

Have you lost your conscience or is it that duplicity is a special talent you possess? The reason why you find yourself chasing your tail is because pilgrim.1 doesn't deal with blatant liars whose sole business is to prove that Islam has nothing other to offer than make you the sort of fraud you are! cool

Until you begin to care for speaking the truth, you will continue to bleach your duplicity!

babs787:

you have been the one saying that the holy spirit would be another comforter and I asked you if it has not been in existence and how many would we be having but you tactically dodged and that painting every posts with same issues with I have refuted.

Even Olabowale has pointed out to you that you're simply being dishonest!

The question has never been about the existence of the Holy Spirit - that was the smart but failed attempt you tried to substitute for your hogwash where it was clearly shown that Muhammad is NOT the Comforter spoken of in John 14 through 16. I pointed it clearly out to you by reading the verses in context - but the hypocrisy in your would not help you acknowledge that you and your slickers have been self-deceived into dribbling Muhammad into the Gospel of John.

You asked those questions again and again - and I offered answers straight from the Bible AGAIN and AGAIN:

But, no. . . pretending to be as blind as a bat, you hypocritically came here to again expose your typical Muslim actus reus:
babs787:

If the verse is referring to Holy spirit as you are claimng please do holy spirit speak or inspire/ Has it not been in existence and what has it told you regarding adultery, worship etc?

Have you shown anywhere that the Comforter is NOT the Holy Spirit? Did you conveniently blind yourself to John 14:26 after it has been quoted too many times? Here again:

John 14:26
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

I didn't make my own thoughts into that verse - it has been there all along and not one of your slickers could deny it! cool

babs787:

Common, be bold enough cool

I've been bold to name you for who you are:

Babs787, you are a FRAUD! cool

The evidence of what you deny has been staring you in the face; but you have constantly denied it - and by doing so, you show yourself to be the very same thing I have boldly assertive! Deal with your shame - or come back and show you have lost your conscience for simple truth! cool
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

You're a shameless LIAR and a FRAUD on top of everything!

Who has been a liar between you and I? You that LIED that Jesus read the bible and couldnt provide evidence and you claimed that the verses referred to Holy Spir8it but you have been avoiding my questions

I did that and asked you questions on same too.

Have you lost your conscience or is it that duplicity is a special talent you possess? The reason why you find yourself chasing your tail is because pilgrim.1 doesn't deal with blatant liars whose sole business is to prove that Islam has nothing other to offer than make you the sort of fraud you are!

You need to read my posts for better understanding since you are now confused avoiding questions and muddling threads with same issue not meant for another thread. I gained a lot being a muslim than wehn I was in the dark and I learnt that you have not been ofeering anythjing ecfept going in circles, why not answer my questions in other threads if you are up to the task?

Until you begin to care for speaking the truth, you will continue to bleach your duplicity!

Truth has been very glaring but unfortunately you couldnt use your senses

Even Olabowale has pointed out to you that you're simply being dishonest!

I wonder what sort of training you received and what they do teach you in your church. Can you please bring it out where he said I was dishonest and if you cant, you are BIG LIAR AND A DISGRACE TO THE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN WORLD.

The question has never been about the existence of the Holy Spirit - that was the smart but failed attempt you tried to substitute for your hogwash where it was clearly shown that Muhammad is NOT the Comforter spoken of in John 14 through 16. I pointed it clearly out to you by reading the verses in context - but the hypocrisy in your would not help you acknowledge that you and your slickers have been self-deceived into dribbling Muhammad into the Gospel of John.

The question has been on if the verse referred to Holy spirit or Muhammad in which you claimed that it referred to Holy Spirit and I provided questions which are:

1. What is the position of 'another' in that context?

2. Was Jesus a comforter or not?

3. Can holy spirit replaces human being?

4. Has the holy spirit been in existence or not?

5. Since you claimed that the verse referred to Holy spirit,. please how many spirits will we be having?

But you havent answered same.

You asked those questions again and again - and I offered answers straight from the Bible AGAIN and AGAIN:

I have been to the links but none has response to my questions above.

But, no. . . pretending to be as blind as a bat, you hypocritically came here to again expose your typical Muslim actus reus:

You have been using your aplogists style in avoiding questions

Have you shown anywhere that the Comforter is NOT the Holy Spirit? Did you conveniently blind yourself to John 14:26 after it has been quoted too many times? Here again:

Yes I have did and if you think I havent, here are the questions for you:

1. What is the position of 'another' in that context?

2. Was Jesus a comforter or not?

3. Can holy spirit replaces human being?

4. Has the holy spirit been in existence or not?

5. Since you claimed that the verse referred to Holy spirit,. please how many spirits will we be having?

John 14:26
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

I didn't make my own thoughts into that verse - it has been there all along and not one of your slickers could deny it!

Sure its not for Holy spirit and if it is ,please provide answers to my questions

Quote from: babs787 on Today at 10:21:15 AM
Common, be bold enough

I've been bold to name you for who you are:

Babs787, you are a FRAUD!

Please provide where Olabowale said I was dishonest and provide where Jesus read the bible and if you cant, you are a COMPLETE FAILURE.

Thanks cool
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Who has been a liar between you and I?

Perhaps this will help you sort yourself out from all the conflicting claims you have made:

#1.
babs787:

I did that and asked you questions on same too.

babs787:

@somze

If you have been following the thread, you would have read where your sister tried putting holy spirit in place of another comforter and I told her that the holy spirit cannot be another comforter that the holy spirit has been in existence but I learnt that you don't read posts before making your own contribution. You may go to the posts and read for yourself. The verses cannot be for holy spirit because 'another' can never be holy spirit.

#3.
babs787:

@#cgift

<snip>

Counsellor.

The prophesy is not for him as we read jesus telling his disciples that he needed to go so as allow room for the COMFORTER TO COME. (john 16v5-7).

#4.
babs787:

@pilgrim

<snip>

Good, you are still buttressing my claim that the verse never meant holy spirit because the above showed that the holy spirit has been in existence even during Jesus' time. So how come another used would be holy spirit when it is already in existence?

#5.
babs787:

@pilgrims

<snip>

It seems you are having problem with that word, please if Muhammad is not a spirit, can the holy spirit be 'another' comforter when it is already in existence?

#6.
babs787:

@Olabowale

Now, please go through the verses again and if the verse is in reference to Holy Spirit, here are the questions I have been asking them but she's been trying to divert it to Muhammad being the Holy Spirit, I never said Muhammad has been same.

#7.
babs787:

@pilgrims

<snip>

You may deny the truth from now till eternity and I will be bringing same for you to see. You are confused at the word 'spirit' used therein. Your trying to say what I never said will not help because I never said that Allah referred to Muhammad as the spirit in the Quran or Hadith but gave even gave you the greek meaning of that word 'spirit'.

From these few, the points stand out clear:

(a) You had interpreted the verses to mean that Muhammad was being referred to in John's Gospel 14 & 16

(b) I brought out the case clearly that it could not be so

(c) you countered by saying "IF Muhammad is not a SPIRIT" (#5 above)

(d) from then on I have asked you to show me ANYWHERE where Allah ever referred to Muhammad as the Spirit

(e) from that very moment you kepp denying your claim and saying that your NEVER said so!

What other LIE do you have for us, babs787?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2007
@@babs787,

#5.
babs787:

@pilgrims

<snip>

It seems you are having problem with that word, please if Muhammad is not a spirit, can the holy spirit be 'another' comforter when it is already in existence?

WHERE did ALLAH ever refer to Muhammad as THE SPIRIT?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by babs787(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2007
@pilgrims

<snip>

WHERE did ALLAH ever refer to Muhammad as THE SPIRIT?

Now it seemesd you are lost and I will still re-explain what I meant. For the fact that the verse mentioned 'spirit' doesnt mean that it referred to holy spirit. How could holy spirit replaces Jesus being a comforter as well.

For the fact that you are claiming that the verses referred to holy spirit, please:

Has holy spirit not been in existence?

Howmany holy spirits would we be having since on is in existence since creation
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by pilgrim1(f): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2007
@babs787,

If you would be willing to see reason, you would not be repeating yourself endlessly. If olabowale could easily see it and directly call your attention to it, then we can understand your problem is no longer one of understanding but actual duplicity.

All the same:

babs787:

@pilgrims

Now it seemesd you are lost and I will still re-explain what I meant. For the fact that the verse mentioned 'spirit' doesnt mean that it referred to holy spirit. How could holy spirit replaces Jesus being a comforter as well.

Even when you admit that it is a FACT it mentioned it, and you can't gather yourself to acknwledge simple truth, I ask you: What SPIRIT was it referring to?

babs787:

For the fact that you are claiming that the verses referred to holy spirit, please:

Has holy spirit not been in existence?

Did I ever claim that the HOLY SPIRIT has not been in existence? Has the issue been about the EXISTENCE of the SPIRIT?

That was why I asked you simply: Has Muhammad being in existence from the creation?

If you want to see Muhammad in John's Gospel where he is NOT, my question is for you to deal with WHO was being referred to in that VERSE - and explain what you understand from John 14:26!! Anyone who reads that verse and can't see the SPIRIT there must either be blind deliberately. . . or simply has a talent for dishonesty! Let me know which one affects your case! cool

babs787:

Howmany holy spirits would we be having since on is in existence since creation

HOW MANY SPIRITS are being spoken of in those verses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17)

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja / Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video) / Alfa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.