Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,251 members, 7,910,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? (3680 Views)

You People Have Succesfully Turn Nairaland To Biafrand / 4 years: What Wrong With You People, Bridges Built By Ondo State Govt / Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2009
SapeleGuy:

You don't need to lie to make a point.

Should I pull up your "THE EVIL NORTH" killed Tinapa thread?? Roflmao!!!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by SapeleGuy: 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Should I pull up your "THE EVIL NORTH" killed Tinapa thread?? Roflmao!!!

^^When you are done Roflmaoing, please do.

In fact let me help you. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-295773.64.html

You have been caught lying - yet again. You should at least apologise. I don't hold grudges.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 1:08am On Dec 17, 2009
SapeleGuy

Please speak for yourself!

I, (and I can tell you most Igbo) are not afraid of the North, not by a looooooooog shot! We are only frustrated with Nigeria, and unlike you, have staked our interests several times for the sake of Nigeria. Some Igbos, for instance Zik ceded Igbo interest for the sake of an unbalkanized Nigeria. Igbo officers took action in January 1966 to arrest a national decay (you need to read Nzeogwu's coup satement), Ndigbo are fanned out all over Nigeria despite being killed occasionally by religious and tribal bigots (though I'm happy that we have started retaliating against such). Our public servants and sportsmen and women always go for gold medal each time they are called to serve (with the exception of a few hand-picked thieves like Maurice Iwu).

Bottom line is that I reject this dubious blanket blame of the so called Nigerian elites for Nigeria's problems. If there was no Obasanjo there would not be a Maurice Iwu. There was a Humphrey Nwosu who conducted the freest election in Nigeria's history. So, don't come to Igboland and pick a thief who will play according to your dictates and turn around to blame Igbo elites. I am an Igbo elite too, and so are Chinua Achebe, Peter Obi, Chris Ngige, Charles Soludo, Ngozi Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Emeka Anyaoku, Ken Nnamani, and many others . When was the last time any of these were given national tasks and they failed?

Do you think Obasanjo loves Nigeria more than Ojukwu, you'd be shocked! Those who love Nigeria  are not the thieves parading themselves as patriots all these years. The true lovers of Nigeria are the selfless lovers of human beings first. They are the ones who love justice and fair play enough to actually do something about it. Not the likes who handed over Nigeria's territory with 250,000 Nigerians to Cameroun. When was the last time Obasanjo did something for Nigeria? The man is almost narcissistic (extremely selfish). Everything he did was to secure him a life presidency.

So, I reject this "Nigerian elite to blame" deception and lie. There is nothing like that! Nigeria has always operated on the basis of tribe and region. We are fully aware of what role which tribe played at each turn of Nigeria's history.

Any attempt to lob everyone into one camp for the purpose of blame is a hoodwink!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by SapeleGuy: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2009
^^^ Greed and Egotism were the foundation of the 1966 coup.

Every grand deception has to be implemented with the aid of collaborators. In that arrangement every Nigerian ethnicity is involved, hence 'Papa Deceive Pikin' has been so successful. To say that the likes of Iwu, Uba and Ogbulafor etc are not part of the elite or that the elite are not culpable for the current situation is an exercise in self deception.

It is never fair to blame a whole region for the actions of a tiny minority, that is tantamount to throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Dede1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
ndu_chucks:

What’s the point of the gibberish you’ve written above. It shows a complete inability to communicate effectively. You’ve only succeeded in confusing yourself.

Well, I have news for you: Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, a man who is clearly your superior did not fail to grasp the misdeeds of his past endeavors and he is not hell bent on commiting the stupidity over again, unlike people like you who would rather fight another civil war than work to make our nation great.

In case you have not read Ojukwu’s speech at the recently held, Chinua Achebe colloquium, here’s an extract from his speech – Ojukwu believes that Ndiigbo shall regain political relevance in Nigeria, in his lifetime. I hope you are not saying that Ojukwu has a low IQ because of his stance on this issue:

Extract from Ojujwu's speech in blue:
My commitment, because I am seriously involved, is to work with all well-meaning Nigerians to bring about the Nigerian society as promised by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. When this happens, and all glass ceilings and other unwholesome practices designed to keep Ndigbo, or any other ethnic groups in Nigeria marginalized are dismantled, I shall feel fulfilled. When this happens, Ndigbo shall regain their political and economic relevance in a fair, just and egalitarian Nigerian society. This remains my mission. It is my commitment to Ndigbo. It is my commitment to Nigeria, Africa and the world. And it shall happen in my lifetime. Not after.

Are you for real? Your equating the implications of Nigerians acquiring properties in foreign countries such as Benin, Ghana, Togo, and Cameron to the implications of breaking up Nigeria into mini nations and its potential effect on Nigerian property owners I itemized, confirms that you are not only ignorant of intertribal dynamics and relationships in Nigeria, but you are also a pathetic analyst. You are comparing apples to oranges! Are you sure that if Ghana, Benin, Togo, or Cameroon, breaks up into mini nations, the conditions will remain the same for those foreign home owners? Would those home owners support such a breakup in those countries? Are you sure that the new mini nations will not ask non citizens to return to their countries and reapply for visa? You seem to have missed the point I was making and your logic is seriously flawed.

Once again, you’ll be wasting your resources on a lost cause. The vast majority of Nigerians do not agree with the dissolution of the country.

As a student of history, you know that the American civil war ended in May 1865 when the remaining Confederate forces surrendered. Over 620,000 Americans died in the war, with disease killing twice as many as those lost in battle. 50,000 survivors return home as amputees.

Today, there exists some fringe groups that are still calling for the dissolution of the USA, just as you are calling for the dissolution of Nigeria. Checkout their website
http://pakalert./2009/08/31/we-hate-the-united-states-secessionists-rally-in-texas/

You will end up like the losers on that website at the rate you are going. Olodo

With reference to your series of jaundiced posts on this forum, it does not surprise me to note that you are wearing inferior mentality. The comment you made about Ojukwu being superior to anybody underscores your deluded mindset.

Since you are typical African, I would not hold you penalized for your less than pale of comprehension as you struggled to make sense out of analogies I gave with African countries.

Let me take you across the pond to Europe and cite Czechoslovakia as one of the recent countries that underwent peaceful dissolution due to high tensions mounted by nationalistic interests. There was no confiscation of property, massive exodus of citizens of the two nations, lost of lives due ethnic or religious riots, no cross-border raids and lost of sleep. In most cases and by choice, the citizens of Czech and Slovakia are entitled to dual citizenship. Both Prague and Bratislava maintained cordial diplomatic and joint economic corporations.

Please can you tell me why such healthy corporation should not exist among nations at the instance of dissolution of cesspit called Nigeria?

It is unfortunate that somebody that had earlier impugned the status of past recorded events in a previous post and still had the temerity to cite the rascality of fringe group in Austin, TX in a post. I would want to annoy you by stating that Biafrans agitating for sovereign nation are not fringe.

I know you have comprehension dilemma that is why you failed to draw a fine correlation between Union-Confederacy civil war and Nigeria-Biafra civil war. I suggest to you that digging for facts is better mental exercise than jumping to skewed conclusions.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
With reference to your series of jaundiced posts on this forum, it does not surprise me to note that you are wearing inferior mentality. The comment you made about Ojukwu being superior to anybody underscores your deluded mindset.

Ojukwu is the your leader if you are Igbo, if you don’t accept him as your leader, then say so.

Since you are typical African, I would not hold you penalized for your less than pale of comprehension as you struggled to make sense out of analogies I gave with African countries.

You are the one suffering from inferiority complex. Your concept of a typical African, which you are, says it all.  According to you, typical Africans  have “less than pale of comprehension”, as you put it. I suppose your oyibo masters who are still your slave masters are the best and brightest.

Let me take you across the pond to Europe and cite Czechoslovakia as one of the recent countries that underwent peaceful dissolution due to high tensions mounted by nationalistic interests. There was no confiscation of property, massive exodus of citizens of the two nations, lost of lives due ethnic or religious riots, no cross-border raids and lost of sleep. In most cases and by choice, the citizens of Czech and Slovakia are entitled to dual citizenship. Both Prague and Bratislava maintained cordial diplomatic and joint economic corporations.

Since you are a historian of repute, I will not bore you with the early history of Czechoslovakia. It suffices to point out that between 1989 and 1992, Czechoslovakia was a federal democratic republic consisting of the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic. The peaceful dissolution of such a country in 1993 was actually quite easy to accomplish. They simply split the country into the existing 2 republics that were previosly Czechoslovakia (nice and neat).  Compare their territorial make-up to Nigeria with over 250 ethnic groups, tribes,  and several states. As we speak, your leaders in the south east are asking for more states! 

It is unfortunate that somebody that had earlier impugned the status of past recorded events in a previous post and still had the temerity to cite the rascality of fringe group in Austin, TX in a post. I would want to annoy you by stating that Biafrans agitating for sovereign nation are not fringe.

I maintain that those of you still agitating for Biafra are fringe.  A constitutional review is currently taking place in Nigeria with input from every region. Your leaders and superiors have not tabled the idea of a sovereign nation, what is more important to them is the creation of additional states. I ask you Dede1, do the representatives of the South East, including Ojukwu, who are participating in this constitutional review speak for you?  If not, then you belong to the fringe group. Shikena.   

Please can you tell me why such healthy corporation should not exist among nations at the instance of dissolution of cesspit called Nigeria

I take exception to your continuous disrespectful act of constantly calling our dear country cesspit. Were it not for decorum, I would have reigned assorted African curses upon you.

[size=4pt](P.S. May your unit fail you to the maximum extent, by refusing to rise to the occasion, during your next rendez-vous with your concubine)[/[/size]
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
^^^
Ol'boy you are wrong about most of what you said and I'll give my reasons. Most Nigerians often make this mistake of thinking that Ndigbo only want Biafra and that is the end. Ndigbo hate a dysfunctional and hopeless country no matter which country that is. If Nigeria has been functioning well, we would love to stay. Mind you that some of the greatest Nigerian patriots have been Igbo. Something tells me that Ndigbo want to give Nigeria one final chance to work.

Also there is an Igbo proverb that says "jere m (or gara m) abughi ozi" roughly translated it means that if you really want to get a job done well, you must do it yourself. An Igboman has never controlled the leadership of Nigeria and I often wonder what Nigeria would have been like if an Igbo ruled Nigeria for 8 years, not to talk of 40 years or so that the north controlled power. So, we cannot really say that Nigeria is unworkable until Ndigbo have actually ruled Nigeria and implemented some ingenious solutions which normally goes with an Igboman's sense of "mission critical".

The more states that the South East is asking for is the barest minimum of our prime demand in Nigeria and we decided to get that because other regions are only after their own selfish interests. The day Nigerians decide to put the nation first, we shall re-strategize grin We are learning to be selfish at last! Let the chips fall where they may.

Lastly, it is naivete to call Biafran agitators "fringe group". You should wait to do that after  8 years of  Igbo presidency of Nigeria. And by Igbo presidency I mean the type that a Ken Nnamani, or Charles Soludo or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala would bring.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2009
@onlytruth,

All this sophistry will get you nowhere. Where is the ''mission critical'' in the Eastern states ?
You should have imported administrators from Taiwan. We are seeing mission critical in Anambra.
You should learn to know when you are playing an LP, CD or single. Some of these cliches have
passed their sell by dates.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2009
Flashing an ethnic card will not help this country. Gone are the days of northern mafia, even though there are still saboteurs amongst southerners who pursues personal interest at d detriment of their fellow brothers and sisters. But its a fact dat years of military rule affected our psyche as a nation but we need to forge ahead and discuss issues objectively. WHICH ETHNIC GROUP ANNULLED JUNE 12 &MURDERED ABIOLA? Though hes a brother but i believe that d people behind his death like every other evil and corruption we've experienced as a nation are from all ethnic groups in this country. Let us do away with d power of invincibility ascribed 2d north and strive to balance d equation of power in nigeria. EVIL THRIVES WHERE GOOD MEN STANDBY AND DO NOTHING. No siddon look pls before its too late cos dis country na we own!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
citizenY:

@onlytruth,

All this sophistry will get you nowhere. Where is the ''mission critical'' in the Eastern states ?
You should have imported administrators from Taiwan. We are seeing mission critical in Anambra.
You should learn to know when you are playing an LP, CD or single. Some of these cliches have
passed their sell by dates.

My friend you may not believe it but the Eastern states are gradually transforming. I laugh at folks who look at Anambra state capital Awka and draw all types of wrong conclusions. Anambra state-starting from the time of Ngige- decided to embark on massive rural road and other infrastructure development. I was shocked when I went around my town and other "back towns" of Anambra state. It was amazing!

Your problem is that you are thinking like the type of Nigerians who ruled this country from 1970 till date. All eyes are on the capital city be it Abuja or others(for show and sharing of money). We don't think like that in Anambra state. I boldly say that if Chris Ngige, or Peter Obi or even Soludo continue in Anambra for another 8 years, your type will be shocked one day to see a European standard developed state in Nigeria. I say that without shaking. cool

If a Ken Nnamani, or Charles Soludo, or Ngozi Iweala and many others like them in Igboland handle Nigeria for 8 years, I confidently predict a Nigeria never thought possible. I say that also without shaking! cool

The "fringe Biafrans" are my type who don't believe that Nigerians like yourself are capable of reason enough to let such ingenious people lead Nigeria. And we are by no means minority.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by DisGuy: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2009
Bottom line is that I reject this dubious blanket blame of the so called Nigerian elites for Nigeria's problems. If there was no Obasanjo there would not be a Maurice Iwu. There was a Humphrey Nwosu who conducted the freest election in Nigeria's history. So, don't come to Igboland and pick a thief who will play according to your dictates and turn around to blame Igbo elites. I am an Igbo elite too, and so are Chinua Achebe, Peter Obi, Chris Ngige, Charles Soludo, Ngozi Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Emeka Anyaoku, Ken Nnamani, and many others . When was the last time any of these were given national tasks and they failed?

Every tribe/ethnic group can point to some distinguished sons amongst them!
Those you mentioned have done absolutely well in their positions but Why are you waiting for national tasks?
The past and current state governors are they picked by Northerners?

Also there is an Igbo proverb that says "jere m (or gara m) abughi ozi" roughly translated it means that if you really want to get a job done well, you must do it yourself. An Igboman has never controlled the leadership of Nigeria and I often wonder what Nigeria would have been like if an Igbo ruled Nigeria for 8 years, not to talk of 40 years or so that the north controlled power. So, we cannot really say that Nigeria is unworkable until Ndigbo have actually ruled Nigeria and implemented some ingenious solutions which normally goes with an Igboman's sense of "mission critical".

If I'm not mistaken; Igbomen controlled Igbo states since 1999 till date so if you are wondering what nigeria would be like under one, you wont be far from those

when Orji kalu was asked about the mountain of filth in the state he governed he claim that was the job of the FG shocked
talk about passing the buck to Abuja all the time!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 19, 2009
[b]I don't think the South is afraid of the North at all. On the contrary, the North is afraid that it cannot compete with the South if things are done by merit. The only way the North believes it can compete well is if it has a hold on power and is in a position to decide who keeps what.

Another problem is that while other ethnic regions try to project their brighest and best, the North tries to project its mediocre people so long as those people can protect the Northern interest. Imagine the North choosing Tafawa Balewa and Shagari (non-graduates and docile men) to compete with Zik and Awo at a time there were very intelligent and visionary men in the North? Who knew that there were young men of action and vision in the North like el-Rufai and Ribadu if not that Obasanjo brought them out? And look at how sharp and decisive Sanusi is today? But all these men will be available and still the North will bring out one docile person as president because he is more likely to maintain the status quo rather than moving Nigeria forward. That is what the South finds so annoying. I don't care who rules this nation so far as there is electricity, good roads, health care, education etc. Fashola is doing well in Lagos - who cares whether he is Yoruba or Ijaw or Nupe? Marwa did well in Lagos - who cared if he was from Adamawa or Anambra?

-----------------------------------------

Quote from: Eziachi on December 15, 2009, 05:15 PM
Absolute Rubbish!!
Northern unity is a myth and total mirage. Take power, petro dollar and powerful establisment positions away from them just for 10 years and let us see how united they are. Their unity is based on sharing SS/SE oil money that doesn't belong to them. Everyone exhibit unity when there is plenty to go round but try to find out how united when their is little to go round, that you have to beat another person in order to eat.

We saw how united they were behind Atiku when OBJ wanted to destroy him, even within his own Adamawa domain, just because they're either afraid of EFCC or want to protect their political positions under OBJ. Can you just imagine if Atiku was Igbo and his brother like Jubril Aminu and Marwa betrayed him as they did and what the talks will be like?

NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!!!

Nigerians in the North, South, East are the same!!! Each group wants POWER. . . . only that the North seems to have held the upper hand for a long time. That DOES NOT MEAN the north is the EVIL GROUP. No, they are simply PLAYING THE SAME GAME every other group has been playing, only they keep winning and the loosers keep deluding themselves that they are EVIL for coming out winners. [/b]

Amazing pointers. Although, still debatable; especially for people who think an organized, retrogressive corrupt system can be destroyed with boos, pinpricks and embittered yowls. As clearly painted by these two smart views above, the problem "is the argument" itself. Not until the North, the South, and West start seeing our problem as not just collective but general. And basically as individual. I dont care if Fashola is Yoruba. Or if Saraki is Fulani. Or if ex-governor Duke is Calabar. These are men I meet outside the country and I proudly call my fellow Nigerians.

All your unsubtle racial brick throwing are as plain useless and as thought provoking for anyone who reads this to ponder and say: Jesus, such complex pains and epilogues over something so simple. A side as plain bitter and dumb as South is nothing but a threat to itself.

Or maybe you need to ask the Japanese how they tossed aside bitterness after having 2 of their greatest cities reduced a ball of poisoned and radioactive debris, and yet could move farther ahead of the same country that did this to them economically and technology-wise. And, yet, they are still great partners, not because it wont hurt, but because its wise and smart; and it helps business and progress.

Beaf or whatever your name is, your arguments are excellent knitted, but fundamentally flawed. Believe the law of life: No one can pull you down, no one can stop you. You alone can do that to yourself. Ndigbo should fix herself first, then maybe I might one day see an Igbo candidate, and say: hes not bitter, he doesnt live in the past, he doesnt hate Nigeria, he has solutions to fix our pains; because he is a real leader.

But go ahead, keep arguing, atleast I am Yoruba, and Obasanjo lives close to me, and as much as I and other people who live around him would love to kill him ourself, we long learn that life is all about learning. He's a failed reference, and atleast I wont be the one who lives in the past cursing him while the world he once battered completely ignores him and moves ahead. Keep arguing Beaf, I love your grammatical constructions. You should teach grin!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2009
^^^
Utopia is surely sweet  grin grin grin

In real world though, the North Western region of Nigeria (the real dominant power in Nigeria) wants the Sharia law to be superior to the Nigerian constitution. They also want the oil wealth shared on the basis of population and for oil producing states to keep 8% instead of the current 13%.
History also tells me that the North really loves Sharia. It also tells me that the East really hates Sharia and will never live under it. I also know for a fact that the South South wants to control at least 50% of the oil produced from their land.
All these irreconcilable differences, plus Nigerians' hatred for truth and merit based appointments make me truly optimistic about Nigeria's future. grin

The day you people will gather enough courage to face the truth about Nigeria is the day hope begins. Else all we have are adults trying to deceive fellow adults.  grin
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Stankoko(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2009
Iwu might be an Igbo man but he was installed there by a Yoruba man to do his bidding. So, Iwu is not the problem, the problems are those pressing him like a button. Guess who they are: Yoru to the bas!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

My friend you may not believe it but the [size=13pt]Eastern states are gradually transforming.[/size]

Joke of the day!!!!

Onlytruth:
I boldly say that if Chris Ngige, or Peter Obi or even Soludo continue in Anambra for another 8 years, your type will be shocked one day to see a European standard developed state in Nigeria. I say that without shaking. cool

Onlytruth:

If a Ken Nnamani, or Charles Soludo, or Ngozi Iweala and many others like them in Igboland handle Nigeria for 8 years, I confidently predict a Nigeria never thought possible. I say that also without shaking! cool

ROFLM AO!!! And we are talking of the same Soludo that handled Nigeria’s Central Bank for almost 8 years, the same man who now mingles with thieves to get him where he wants to be?

The same Ngozi Iweala who seems to think the western countries have a hand in the problems in Nigeria STILL? Please stop!! Why not add Iwu and Akinyuli to the list and we can have a wonderful Christmas with this. Lol
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Kobojunkie

The man has run out of candidates, all this sophistry and high winding grammar don finish.
Only truth ,please have the humility to suggest your self for this "mission critical". Na
you remain, the last of the Mohicans.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2009
I will not see this as fear of the North.
The North are extremist and die hard Muslims, that are willing to wipe out others cos of religion.
The south are live let us live, but the north thinks different.
Most Northerners are poor and lack good education and this made them to easily blv anything by some leader and carry their dagger to kill just anyone, they are so loyal to almost anyone that feeds them and that is terrible.
Cos lack of knowledge make people perish.

But i think the Northerners are one united people with almost one voice.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The North are extremist and die hard Muslims, that are willing to wipe out others cos of religion.
The south are live let us live, but the north thinks different.
Most Northerners are poor and lack good education and this made them to easily blv anything by some leader and carry their dagger to kill just anyone, they are so loyal to almost anyone that feeds them and that is terrible.
Cos lack of knowledge make people perish.

But i think the Northerners are one united people with almost one voice.

dis ya generalization na wa. if you replace northerners with westerners, easterners, or southerners, you go see say ya statement still dey accurate. you see, most Nigerians are poor and lack good education. na him be say, more than 75million of de 150million nigerians fall inside dat category.

de rest of de generalizations wey you make there no make sense. you forget say many northerners be christians? mallam phemmy, i tink say you be prejudist tribalist. try learn more about ya fellow nigerians.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Kobojunkie and citizenY

You both conveniently side-stepped the main issue of irreconcilable differences I raised in my post and receded to your usual line of personal attacks. I'm not shocked. You are both TYPICAL NIGERIANS. Killers of blackman's hope.
But here is my quote again:

Onlytruth:

^^^
Utopia is surely sweet  grin grin grin

In real world though, the North Western region of Nigeria (the real dominant power in Nigeria) wants the Sharia law to be superior to the Nigerian constitution. They also want the oil wealth shared on the basis of population and for oil producing states to keep 8% instead of the current 13%.
History also tells me that the North really loves Sharia. It also tells me that the East really hates Sharia and will never live under it. I also know for a fact that the South South wants to control at least 50% of the oil produced from their land.

All these irreconcilable differences, plus Nigerians' hatred for truth and merit based appointments make me truly optimistic about Nigeria's future. grin

The day you people will gather enough courage to face the truth about Nigeria is the day hope begins. Else all we have are adults trying to deceive fellow adults.  grin

Everything else is Sophistry! grin
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ Ndu

I just ignored it. Am tired of explaining. You know virtually nothing about and you make wild and sweeping statements
about them. This man will go abroad and speaking authoritatively on Nigeria.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2009
^^^
I'm still waiting for your explanation to why a segment of the country wants to impose Sharia and inequitable resource allocation formula on Nigeria.
You are good with using words whose meaning you barely understand.
You tell the world that all is well with Nigeria, but all lovers of truth know that the country is headed to a real showdown either peacefully or violently.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ Ndu

I just ignored it. Am tired of explaining. You know virtually nothing about and you make wild and sweeping statements
about them. This man will go abroad and speaking authoritatively on Nigeria.

@Onlytruth

This is where you convey wrong impressions. You should realise that you are not addressing your ilk alone.

Nigeria is a federation isn't it? or you do not want it again? Sharia is not being used in Eastern Nigeria and Resource allocation are major themes in the ongoing senate hearings. Each zone is making a presentation. So our lawmakers are expected to put their heads together and come up with the best possible options and it is going to be a peaceful showdown, not the violence you have always wished for.

As an aside, some folk are asking for more states and I was amused there was no talk of Biafra at the senate hearings. Only truth, are you really winning?
E be like say bus don leave you for station. Words are tools of communication and with your sophistry, you go beyond the ordinary meaning. I refuse to comment on the use and understanding of words. We are operating on different wavelengths. You are a propagandist and I say things as they are. You manipulate words for full effect when you want to manipulate minds, but not people like us.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2009
^^^

You are nothing but a coward because you always wait for me to log out before posting your comments. You think I'm as jobless as you. I gat stuff to do men! grin

You still dodged the question I posed. These discussions are great because the international community will be kept well informed about Nigeria. Your type is only trying to hush me up. Never gonna happen!

How can the ruling geopolitical zone (which has ruled for decades) be demanding that the Sharia be superior to the Nigerian constitution? How reasonable and peaceful is that? How peaceful or fair is the demand to reduce oil producing areas allocations to 8%?
You cowardly avoided these issues.

Sharia is not being used in Eastern Nigeria, but when it becomes superior to the Nigerian constitution, even if you live inside the sea, as long as the territory is Nigerian, you will eventually be affected.

Honestly I've said before that I would rather that Ndigbo stay away from Nigeria's presidency and simply concentrate on Eastern affairs. This country is incongruous just like its defenders.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:
^^^
Utopia is surely sweet

All these irreconcilable differences, plus Nigerians' hatred for truth and merit based appointments make me truly optimistic about Nigeria's future.

The day you people will gather enough courage to face the truth about Nigeria is the day hope begins. Else all we have are adults trying to deceive fellow adults.

But @Onlytruth, what part of this POWER GAME continues to elude you? So what if some groups in the NORTH feel their Sharia strategy might ensure them more control, what’s new in that? You mean the VICTIM card people like you continue to play is any different? It is simply different strategy but SAME OLD GAME~!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Kobojunkie

Ol' boy I'm really shocked that you can't seem to find the nexus between Sharia being superior to the Nigerian constitution and a possible war. I'm really shocked! shocked

Well, I can't do the thinking for you.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

@Kobojunkie
Ol' boy I'm really shocked that you can't seem to find the nexus between Sharia being superior to the Nigerian constitution and a possible war. I'm really shocked! shocked
Well, I can't do the thinking for you.
I don’t share the idea of their being a POSSIBLE war. We are talking of good ol’ Nigerians, at the end of the day. All I see are groups, under different flags playing cards they can in order that they might gain more power and control in a disorganized system.

Yes, we have a constitution but to date, no single group has shown it even RECOGNIZES the validity of that document. We see how the president has ignored the constitution for yet another personal leave, and leaders at the federal level(made up of individuals from most all of the groups in the country) have essentially turned the other way so they can protect themselves and their access to power. So, please do not now come tell me of how wonderful your constitution is when even leaders from your own group have chosen to busy themselves with their individual quest for more fire while the rest of the country continues to burn and the 140 million clueless people who call themselves Nigerians watch in amazement with arms folded.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don’t share the idea of their being a POSSIBLE war. We are talking of good ol’ Nigerians, at the end of the day. All I see are groups, under different flags playing cards they can in order that they might gain more power and control in a disorganized system.

Yes, we have a constitution but to date, no single group has shown it even RECOGNIZES the validity of that document. We see how the president has ignored the constitution for yet another personal leave, and leaders at the federal level(made up of individuals from most all of the groups in the country) have essentially turned the other way so they can protect themselves and their access to power. So, please do not now come tell me of how wonderful your constitution is when even leaders from your own group have chosen to busy themselves with their individual quest for more fire while the rest of the country continues to burn and the 140 million clueless people who call themselves Nigerians watch in amazement with arms folded.   

So, suddenly it is my fault (or my people's fault) for not trying to change the system as they tried to do in the 60s and paid with 2 million lives?
That is exactly what I call false accusation.  I have said it severally on this forum, and will continue saying it: I, as an Igboman reject all accusations with regards to Nigeria's backwardness. I and my people have actually done something (you can call it whatever you like), we did something while your people have largely gamed and gained from the system. If what you are expecting is for us to try something again so that you will go behind again to connive with the North, it ain't gonna happen! Let us play the Nigerian game -no conscience, no justice, no soul, no progress, no law, steal, steal and steal more!

When you get serious, we will know! cool
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

So, suddenly
SUDDENLY? ROFLMAO!!!!

Onlytruth:

So, suddenly it is my fault (or my people's fault) for not trying to change the system as they tried to do in the 60s and paid with 2 million lives?
Tried to change what? 1966 was the POWER players USING THE IBO people to gain an upper hand so they can have more power. THINK! THINK!! THINK!!! Do you really think that if Biafra had been born, it would have been any different? Take a close look at the personal lives of those who lead the way and see what would have been the fate of not just the individual ethnic groups but those the minorities.

I have parents who fought during that war, who today speak of how the loss was most likely a blessing in disguise, considering what they now know of what really happened, the history of it all and what has happened since then in IBO LAND.

But anyways, let’s not go down that BIAFRA line again as I hate how that turns out here. All I am saying, and anyone with no bias will see this that this is all a minority here playing any card they can, and using the MAJORITY, by the way, to gain an upper hand in the quest for more power.

Onlytruth:

That is exactly what I call false accusation. I have said it severally on this forum, and will continue saying it: I, as an Igboman reject all accusations with regards to Nigeria's backwardness. I and my people have actually done something (you can call it whatever you like), we did something while your people have largely gamed and gained from the system.
Please, do not presume to speak for ALL Iboland. You are nobody when it comes to knowing the will of the Ibo people and your personal delusions should NOT be confused with the will of the Ibo people.

Onlytruth:

If what you are expecting is for us to try something again so that you will go behind again to connive with the North, it ain't gonna happen! Let us play the Nigerian game -no conscience, no justice, no soul, no progress, no law, steal, steal and steal more!

When you get serious, we will know! cool

See. . . . more deluded reasoning. Now I am the enemy? Your kind is BEING used to RUIN the future for your own children and their children, yet you sit here thinking I am the enemy? Ugh!!!! Nigerians, save yourselves first!!! If you have no idea what has been eating you and yours up all this while, how can you?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2009
Someone took offense at your continuously referring to Igbo as Ibo and Igboland as Iboland. I won't go down that lane. Afterall Muhammad is the same as Mamodu, Ahmadu, Muhammadu, Ahmed, Mohammed etc  grin

Back to the topic. Believe me it is folks like you that always try to complicate simple things concerning Nigeria. What the f.cuk are you yarning Some faceless goons are using us to gain power, WTF

Tomorrow you will tell me that the North is not really trying to foist Sharia on me, (stuff they've been trying to do since Uthman Dan Fodio), or that the north will agree to a 50% oil derivation, or that I am responsible for my votes being stolen in order to impose someone who will prove that "all Nigerians are the same", as governor of Anambra state. Who are these faceless goons you keep referring to?

Let me tell you, Nigeria is all about few simple things:
(1) Quest by the North to impose Sharia on all persons within the territory of Nigeria
(2) Quest by the North to continue plundering the oil resources of the Niger delta by peaceful means or by war
(3) The fear that the Igbo will secede from Nigeria

Everything else is mere diversionary tactic to divert us from the above listed core issues.

So keep trying to divert the issue. Tomorrow you will tell me that Igbo elites killed 50,000 Igbos in the worst african pogrom before the war, or killed 2 million Biafrans during the war and ensured the Igbo properties were confiscated after the war. Igbo elites gave every Igbo 20 pounds for whatever amount they had in banks before the war.

Keep trying, and good luck to you!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

Someone took offense at your continuously referring to Igbo as Ibo and Igboland as Iboland. I won't go down that lane. Afterall Muhammad is the same as Mamodu, Ahmadu, Muhammadu, Ahmed, Mohammed etc  grin
Roflmao!!!!

How about this, anyone who does not like my spelling of the word should go JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!! Now are we straight? grin

Onlytruth:

Back to the topic. Believe me it is folks like you who always try to complicate simple things concerning Nigeria. What the bleep are you yarning Some faceless goons are using us to gain power, WTF

First Off, complicating things would be MANUFACTURING ridiculous connections as the ones you continue to manufacture in order to EXCUSE and explain your position as a mere PAWN in a game being played by a minority, largely made up of uneducated individuals who would ordinarily have no clout at all if not for power given them by people like you.

Simple is stating the fact that this is all about power and the people, who should be in control allow themselves be used as PAWNS to continue enriching and empowering the imbeciles we tag leaders in each region and nationally.

Onlytruth:

Tomorrow you will tell me that the North is not really trying to foist Sharia on me, (stuff they've been trying to do since Uthman Dan Fodio), or that the north will agree to a 50% oil derivation, or that I am responsible for my votes being stolen in order to impose someone who will prove that "all Nigerians are the same", as governor of Anambra state. Who are these faceless goons you keep referring to?

Let me tell you, Nigeria is all about few simple things:
(1) Quest by the North to impose Sharia on all persons within the territory of Nigeria
(2) Quest by the North to continue plundering the oil resources of the Niger delta by peaceful means of by war
(3) The fear that the Igbo will secede from Nigeria

Everything else is mere diversionary tactic to divert us from the above listed core issues.

So keep trying to divert the issue. Tomorrow you will tell me that Igbo elites killed 50,000 Igbos in the worst african pogrom before the war, or killed 2 million Biafrans during the war and ensured the Igbo properties were confiscated after the war. Igbo elites gave every Igbo 20 pounds for whatever amount they had in banks before the war.

Keep trying, and good luck to you!

Continue feeding yourself these many conspiracy theories. Only note that the longer you allow your mind continue to play these tricks on you, the longer you postpone the future of your own family and kids.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by SapeleGuy: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
Equal rights and justice for all. Why is that so hard to achieve in Nigeria?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Onlytruth(m): 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Simple is stating the fact that this is all about power and the people, who should be in control allow themselves be used as PAWNS to continue enriching and empowering the imbeciles we tag leaders in each region and nationally.

Continue feeding yourself these many conspiracy theories. Only note that the longer you allow your mind continue to play these tricks on you, the longer you postpone the future of your own family and kids.

I know you enjoy being the irresponsible contrarian and iconoclast in these debates, always trying to talk about Nigeria as if we even have the most basic state of sanity. Your theories only work in places with electricity. We don't have that! grin
I just want you to take your own advice and apply it to your children and their future (unless of course you are a Northerner, in which case I would understand). You may not see it but I'm fighting for the future of my children and generations unborn. That is what fires me up whenever I'm posting here.
Back to the core issue. We have a country that:

-Cannot conduct a credible census because one region is scheming to continue ripping off others
-Cannot conduct a free and fair election (for the same reasons above)
-Have an absentee (invalid) President when there are millions of able and more capable alternatives
-One region is hell bent on imposing Sharia on the rest of us by hook or crook
-Wants to continue robbing Peter to pay Paul and then make Paul's environment too hostile for Peter.

I can go on but the above points are enough for now.
So I advise readers to read Kobojunkie's posts with a huge pinch of salt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Scam On Dateline Nbc / Pdp Primary Result Live / Chinua Achebe: A Biafran In Nigerian Clothes - By Muhammad Jameel Yusha’u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.