Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,198 members, 7,880,739 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:09 AM

FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta (44574 Views)

FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked / Bill To Compel Companies To Hire ‘indigenes’ Passed By Akwa Ibom Assembly / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by hope4life: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
cana882:
Great move by the amiable president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

I'm not a Niger Deltan but I've been living there for almost 10years Now, it is the best decision. If this crude oil is explored there, let the Hqts of exploring companies be there. LNG has done so. The people suffer a great deal in many ways in regards to the oil and gas exploration
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by bakynes(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
The issue is let there be a gradual relocation, let one IOC relocate first let's see what will happen because those militants have long since forgotten Niger delta agitation, they have turned it to business because if truly they are peace loving like some guy said why are they hijacking ships and vessels along the gulf of Guinea that passes through their waters. Many of the vessels don't even have anything to do with Oil yet they still kidnap them and demand for ransome.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by deflover(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
Buhari didn't need to fight militants , he only needed to warn their sponsors and from what i've seen so far , it's worked great

So its was warning DAT worked
Smh
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by fadinye5: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
MISSING!! MISSING!! MISSING!!

THE YOUNG BOY WHOSE PHOTOGRAPH APPEARS HERE IS KELVIN FREDALINE ADINYE, THE BOY WAS SENT TO BUY INDOMIE ON THE 28TH FEBRUARY, 2017 EVENING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4 -5PM AND NEVER CAME BACK. PLEASE ANYBODY WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT HE'S WHEREABOUT,SHOULD PLEASE REPORT TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION OR CALL 09024386514, 08061576191.
-HE'S SLIM,
- SPEAKS ENGLISH,
-11 YEARS OLD,
- FROM EGBE-MBUBE IN OGOJA LGA CROSS RIVER STATE
- HE'S A STUDENT OF JSS DAWAKI ABUJA,
-RESIDE IN DUTSE ALHAJI ZONE 7 ABUJA. PLS HELP!

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by oyinkinola: 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
....Yemi you are too good for the wailers to know what to say! step slowly.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by nengibo: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
TippyTop:

Are you really from Edo state?
How can someone from the Niger Delta protest relocation of company headquarters who're mining in the Niger Delta to Niger Delta? Do you know the number of people that would gain employment from this gesture?
Don't mind d imposter...na only lagos ppl wey go dey against dis news
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by mudiana(m): 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
StRichard:
What of borno, I thought they said they discovered oye there
this your "oye" made me log in after months. Hahahaha! no be only oye, ororo join too.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by chloride6: 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Having worked in the upstream sector the French IoC wink I can tell you that the headquarters of these companies are never coming back to the Niger Delta.

In fact they are moving more towards deep offshore assets that are all operated from Lagos. More than 800kbpd is currently operated from Lagos. With bonga SW and Egina coming we are looking at 1.3 or more barrels.

There will soon be more oil operated from Lagos than the Niger Delta. This is for obvious reasons, the IOCs have analyzed the situation and seen that militancy is more than a struggle it is now business and they are tired. TOTAL office next to Eko Hotel is there for all to see. The staff are free, happy and feel at home. They even know chilling spots pass you.

When I went to the trans amadi office l, it was like a prison. I kid you not, There are three high gates manned by a whole garrison. They couldn't go out freely, in fact the fishing team had their bus shot at the same day.

IoC try as hard not to post expatriates to PH, because it like a death sentence. In short they are tired, that's why you see them selling onshore assets to local E and P while moving to a more secure offshore location not even minding the heavy development cost.

So locating headquarters in the Niger delta is ship that has sailed past.

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by mruwaifo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Best president so far ?
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Blue3k(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
chloride6:

IoC try as hard not to post expatriates to PH, because it like a death sentence. In short they are tired, that's why you see them selling onshore assets to local E and P while moving to a more secure offshore location not even minding the heavy development cost.

I really wonder what's maggots have eaten these politicians brains. They act like these events didn't happen for a reason. They didn't move because they didn't have anything better to do. Fact is the neglected their duty to upkeep secruity driving up cost for these companies. Now they looking stupid and don't know how to address issue.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by piagetskinner(m): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
hmm I hope the govt knows what it is doing this time.....

the ND could turn their backs in the future
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by biafran1stson(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Too late for Zoo.

Biafra all the way
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by nelsdavid(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hope this is not another lip service
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by tempel(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
This government is a government of we will, we are about to, we want to, we are going to, until I see it Thomas can't believe it.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by edoboy33(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
felixomor:

So u have been pretending to be edo, when u r not?
does that make sense
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by repogirl(f): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
Let's see how this move goes.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by udifia4life: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
right decision taken by osinbanjo to move the nation
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by wristbangle: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Emassive:
It's not a law PYO. Why are you trying to score political point by saying what they will never listen to

My brother, Na so we see am oo. One can't force private owned individuals how to run their business. Seriously this step can't work. It's just a plight to score cheap political pull. Make we dey watch.

Afterall AGIP now (Enigma abi wetin sef) are about to finish their HQ @ VI and other IOC expanding their admin offices in lagos, most especially @ the ongoing Eko atlantic, smart and Ibeju lekki cities.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by etenyong(m): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good news. It's time to leave Lagos and go back to my state (Akwa Ibom).
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by wristbangle: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
chloride6:
Having worked in the upstream sector the French IoC wink I can tell you that the headquarters of these companies are never coming back to the Niger Delta.

In fact they are moving more towards deep offshore assets that are all operated from Lagos. More than 800kbpd is currently operated from Lagos. With bonga SW and Egina coming we are looking at 1.3 or more barrels.

There will soon be more oil operated from Lagos than the Niger Delta. This is for obvious reasons, the IOCs have analyzed the situation and seen that militancy is more than a struggle it is now business and they are tired. TOTAL office next to Eko Hotel is there for all to see. The staff are free, happy and feel at home. They even know chilling spots pass you.

When I went to the trans amadi office l, it was like a prison. I kid you not, There are three high gates manned by a whole garrison. They couldn't go out freely, in fact the fishing team had their bus shot at the same day.

Even though I am not in the oil sector, I can beckon that your statement is 100 percent true.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by giles14(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Osibanjo is the real deal oh!!!!

If this man continues like this, he will make all the difference all previous leaders have failed to make.

The problem in Nigeria largely is a situation where the two largest tribes want to forcefully dominate and subjugate other tribes and they only way seen fit to do this is to prevent any factors of development from going to other places.

Osibanjo has put 1 billion Naira towards Ibaka seaport. That's impressive.

My plea to the two major tribes is for them to give Osibanjo all the support he needs. It's funny how the most vocal supporters of Osibanjo right now are actually The South South and the South East.
good move I don't mind him being president till 2023
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by obyrich(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:
I know president osinbajo is trying to appease the raging rage of the Niger delta no wonder his recent visit to the region but relocating headquarters is no good idea the Niger delta militant might just take advantage of it if you know what I mean

MODIFIED
I THINK IF SUFFICIENT SECURITY IS PROVIDENT PROVIDENT THE COMPANIES CAN BE RELOCATED
No state in Nigeria is more secured than the other. Even in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa that are known Boko haram strongholds, there are still areas that are not easily penetrable for the insurgents.

There are kidnappers in Lagos and Abuja same way there are in Akwaibom and Rivers. There is wisdom in the directive of the Acting President. It is the responsibility of the government to secure investments/investors. Peace in the Niger Delta will be to the benefit of all. Let's give peace a chance and the Niger Deltans a fair share of the accruals of the oil from their domain.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by InvestinOwerri(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
shamecurls:
They or will probably go to Akwa-ibom if there HQ has to be in the Niger-Delta.

Rivers, Bayelsa, Edo, Ondo, Cross-river re totally out of it due to security.
P.H, Owerri, Uyo & Asaba will likely be their destination. Shell is already making moves to reclaim their estate in Owerri. Mobil will certainly pitch their tenth in Uyo.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by senitorspeaker(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
Firgemachar:
Okay tongue

Whatever will make our Niger Delta brothers happy. grin

Lagos wont miss the companies. smiley

Bros abi na Madam u b. Lag go miss them like mad. All na private companies u no d revenue dem dey give lag?
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by cliffypatt(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
This decision will backfire, but this also highlights Osibanjo's good intentions for every tribe in the nation

I said it will backfire because one day, sooner or later some ediots will have something to be angry about, and they'll destroy said facilities, loot it and kidnap workers

That's why they did since the beginning, that's why everybody left the region

The marafakas will start kidnapping and bombing stuffs again

Hater, deplorable bigot go and die if you don't want to see the Niger delta progress
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by maasoap(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:
I know president osinbajo is trying to appease the raging rage of the Niger delta no wonder his recent visit to the region but relocating headquarters is no good idea the Niger delta militant might just take advantage of it if you know what I mean

MODIFIED
I THINK IF SUFFICIENT SECURITY IS PROVIDENT PROVIDENT THE COMPANIES CAN BE RELOCATED
Daily kidnapping.... ..
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by CellTabRepairs: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ossy will do very well as substantive president given his body language as.a listening leader. A leader who assumes a god-like, unyielding and headstrong posture without a human face approach to issues concerning citizens is no leader. God rejects such people.

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Don't wait in perpetuity for job invitations after applying! March is here already today! The thief you harbour is PROCRASTINATION! Therefore don't wait until the whole year runs out!

Great dreamers don't stay idle at home. They take steps!
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by felixomor: 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:
does that make sense

Leave here
Fake man...
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by SalamRushdie: 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
This is not a smart move . Oil companies must not be forced
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Guyman02: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:

MODIFIED

You must be a Muslim Edo boy with Yoruba Muslim roots to speak like that

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Guyman02: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Osibanjo is the real deal oh!!!!

Osibanjo has put 1 billion Naira towards Ibaka seaport. That's impressive.

My plea to the two major tribes is for them to give Osibanjo all the support he needs. It's funny how the most vocal supporters of Osibanjo right now are actually The South South and the South East.

His Yoruba Muslim brothers are bitter with him, the SS and SE have seen something good in him, thats why for some weeks there have been no pipeline bombing and oil production is now at 2.2m barrels

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by edoboy33(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
felixomor:

Leave here Fake man...
calm down sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How APC Paid Billions To Win Imo, Kwara, Gombe, Zamfara, Benue - The Sun / Bomb Blast In Yola This Night / List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.