Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,745 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:36 AM

FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta (44577 Views)

FG Directs Saraki-Led Appointees From Kwara To Resign Or Be Sacked / Bill To Compel Companies To Hire ‘indigenes’ Passed By Akwa Ibom Assembly / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by hero2000: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Osibanjo is the real deal oh!!!!

If this man continues like this, he will make all the difference all previous leaders have failed to make.

The problem in Nigeria largely is a situation where the two largest tribes want to forcefully dominate and subjugate other tribes and they only way seen fit to do this is to prevent any factors of development from going to other places.

Osibanjo has put 1 billion Naira towards Ibaka seaport. That's impressive.

My plea to the two major tribes is for them to give Osibanjo all the support he needs. It's funny how the most vocal supporters of Osibanjo right now are actually The South South and the South East.

Even though we all like Osinbajo, we should not talk like a child who because a cousin on a visit bought him ice cream, he decided not to play with his elder brother. It is FG that appropriated 1 billion not Osinbajo.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Charly68: 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
Doing so will solve many problems in that part of the world but we only Hope the boys will stop their kidnapping
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by raystanley(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
J
pauljumbo:
This is a bold decision
Osinbanjo may your days be long
tears drip off my eyes... I see a new dawn for Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by deomelo: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
He has good intentions, but the VP should stop giving people false hope.

He can not force them to relocate especially when it comes to safety and security of investments and manpower. They'll pull out of Nigeria before relocating their operations to death and destruction.

In fact, telling investors where to locate their offices and manpower is giving future investors something to think about before investing and creating jobs in Nigeria.

The VP did not think this through, very unlike him.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by deomelo: 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Charly68:
Doing so will solve many problems in that part of the world but we only Hope the boys will stop their kidnapping

Like billions in endless amnesty payments, local and abroad training, derivations, NDDC and so on solved their problem right?

You can not force people to change their ways unless you have funds and resources to keep wasting and burning.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Justiceleague1: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
Buhari didn't need to fight militants , he only needed to warn their sponsors and from what i've seen so far , it's worked great

see kini,apart from hard cuisine de la togo,what else did u see,abi aint u just coming from where daballatu and GaMbia have and are still sweating in the arsse? grin grin

see kò,saw ni grin grin
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Justiceleague1: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
Buhari didn't need to fight militants , he only needed to warn their sponsors and from what i've seen so far , it's worked great

rawbish..as usual,sepe rants grin

the intelligent guy u quoted adviced u to stop being a f.........,its a good advice o,heed it grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by VanBommel(m): 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
ruggedtimi:
niger militants are the most peaceful militants or rebel group in west africa. They know their enemies.
they don't know their enemies. Their enemies are the ones using them to perpetrate evil
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by lonelydora: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
Iamwrath:
This decision will backfire, but this also highlights Osibanjo's good intentions for every tribe in the nation

I said it will backfire because one day, sooner or later some ediots will have something to be angry about, and they'll destroy said facilities, loot it and kidnap workers

That's why they did since the beginning, that's why everybody left the region

The marafakas will start kidnapping and bombing stuffs again

I'm telling you. It's a bad move. I know what we presently suffer in Onne sometimes.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by AZeD1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
chloride6:
Having worked in the upstream sector the French IoC wink I can tell you that the headquarters of these companies are never coming back to the Niger Delta.

In fact they are moving more towards deep offshore assets that are all operated from Lagos. More than 800kbpd is currently operated from Lagos. With bonga SW and Egina coming we are looking at 1.3 or more barrels.

There will soon be more oil operated from Lagos than the Niger Delta. This is for obvious reasons, the IOCs have analyzed the situation and seen that militancy is more than a struggle it is now business and they are tired. TOTAL office next to Eko Hotel is there for all to see. The staff are free, happy and feel at home. They even know chilling spots pass you.

When I went to the trans amadi office l, it was like a prison. I kid you not, There are three high gates manned by a whole garrison. They couldn't go out freely, in fact the fishing team had their bus shot at the same day.

IoC try as hard not to post expatriates to PH, because it like a death sentence. In short they are tired, that's why you see them selling onshore assets to local E and P while moving to a more secure offshore location not even minding the heavy development cost.

So locating headquarters in the Niger delta is ship that has sailed past.

You are probably the only one who knows whats up. Shell has since sold all its assets in Delta State. Their HQ is still in PH but they re opened an office in Lagos.
Most IOC's are going offshore .
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by despam(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
ShootToKill:
Will his yoruba muslim people who have their heads in buhari's butt be happy?

They don't have any option. It is long overdue.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by chloride6: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
AZeD1:

You are probably the only one who knows whats up. Shell has since sold all its assets in Delta State. Their HQ is still in PH but they re opened an office in Lagos.
Most IOC's are going offshore .

Snepco is currently at Freeman House, Lagos Island.

Shell has since left warri

The Americans were the first to wise up.

Even Exxon is looking for way to move finally from Eket.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by hatchy(f): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
fuckbulhary:
This is the type of president Nigeria needs not a divisive,bigoted,empty brain,power drunk,lawless, despotic and cow-like thinking ruler.
Haba!

Guy wetin happen na?

Lol grin
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Cchuks27(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
PRESIDENT YEMI OSIBANJO !!!

YOU HAVE MY VOTE !!!
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by godson4u79(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
In another thought, I think it's a nice idea cos this will make the IOC committed to rebuilding the Niger Delta region.. .

edoboy33:
I know president osinbajo is trying to appease the raging rage of the Niger delta no wonder his recent visit to the region but relocating headquarters is no good idea the Niger delta militant might just take advantage of it if you know what I mean

MODIFIED
I THINK IF SUFFICIENT SECURITY IS PROVIDENT PROVIDENT THE COMPANIES CAN BE RELOCATED
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by soflygerian(m): 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
Loving the lead character Act. president Osibanjo in this series of which way Nigeria....
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Splashme: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
psucc:
Fear of kidnapping? No! It is part of the agitation.

How can oil be drilled in Akwa Ibom State and another man in Lagos is collecting rent?
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by cana882(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
hope4life:

I'm not a Niger Deltan but I've been living there for almost 10years Now, it is the best decision. If this crude oil is explored there, let the Hqts of exploring companies be there. LNG has done so. The people suffer a great deal in many ways in regards to the oil and gas exploration
I'm a rivers man so I know what I'm saying.. This is the best decision in the oil sector
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by deebsman1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
I will bookmarked this
RockHard:

Crap. You two-faced and double-speaking lots are only out to blackmail Osinbajo's kinsmen with your insincere praises so we ain't buying it. Already your folks have been opening threads upandan disparaging Osinbajo's tribe as being treacherous for supporting his policies and misinterpreting that to imply that they have 'betrayed' Buhari, while in the same breath you are here saying the opposite by claiming he doesn't enjoy Yoruba support. We know that when push comes to shove you lots will form deliberate amnesia and still accuse the same Osinbajo/Yorubas of some conspiratorial agenda to marginalize Una, irrespective of what Osinbajo or any or his kinsmen say or do regardless.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by tommysparks: 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
fuckbulhary:
This is the type of president Nigeria needs not a divisive,bigoted,empty brain,power drunk,lawless, despotic and cow-like thinking ruler.
well said bro
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Iamwrath: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
cliffypatt:

Hater, deplorable bigot go and die if you don't want to see the Niger delta progress

Your wishing harm will be given to your relatives 10 fold
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Validated: 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Someone please provide proofs that Osinbajo is trully Yoruba. His love for Niger Delta is painful to average hausa and yoruba. Pardon me but this is ...
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Humility017(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
cana882:
Great move by the amiable president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

the man is a round peg in a round hole...
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Iamwrath: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
deflover:

So its was warning DAT worked
Smh

Obviously you all think it's about warring and shooting so that you can claim Buhari is decimating your people

Warning the sponsors worked, and it wasn't hard because we know why they started and who they were avenging
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by banio: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
If U get ur money from America what informs U that America is no good for ur head quarter.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by zoedew: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
The Vice-President is delivering on The Manifesto of The Party on whose platform The Presidency was had. This is good for the generality of the people.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Elliot2(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:
I know president osinbajo is trying to appease the raging rage of the Niger delta no wonder his recent visit to the region but relocating headquarters is no good idea the Niger delta militant might just take advantage of it if you know what I mean

MODIFIED
I THINK IF SUFFICIENT SECURITY IS PROVIDENT PROVIDENT THE COMPANIES CAN BE RELOCATED
it is d best idea so far! let them all relocate to their state of operation. These companies in the bid to short-change host communities have been in the habit of sowing greed among selected few to perpetually keep the larger masses from benefiting from the dividends of their collective resources. For example, in my community,Obunagha in Bayelsa State,Shell and other affiliate companies are in such habits. a member of the management has at a point tried to bribe my uncle so that he will cause confusion in the family! These companies also don't keep to MOU's they enter with host companies,they would rather spend on few greedy folks who will sabotage the community. We keep on blaming militants, but we fail to understand the etymology of militancy. The insincerity of these companies is the cause of all security threats as regards militancy. God willing, Shell will hear from me for all the pains they are putting my family through!
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by CCDav1: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
kettykings:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/fg-directs-oil-companies-relocate-headquarters-niger-delta/

Good intent,good speech.. Relocating Like Mobil Headquarter from Lagos to Eket or Ibeno..hmmmmm.. I think its more of a speech to please the people while he was here and its easily said than done... Me thought though... Akpene
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by Elliot2(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
edoboy33:
stop painting a good image of the militants ...most militants in the Niger delta today are not after good policies and curtailing the severity of environmental degradation but after money
most militants now want to be a tompolo or a ayiri emami
If the oil companies are sincere on their parts and keep to MOU's they enter with host communities and give no room for any agitations, i promise u,there is no son of the soil who will raise gun and will not be shouted down by the larger masses! Besides,these companies (with govt support) have all the apparatus to match up with the militants, especially the political side of the game!
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by valak: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
ExxonMobil has it's major operations in the shallow waters offshore Akwa-Ibom State with billions of Oil reserves in several fields. Note also that The federal Government owns 60% of all JVO operations in the country.

jahrule:
Oil companies are private ventures and as such the Owners site the head office where ever they feel is suitable for the purpose. Government has little or no power over this issue.

Another thing to consider in location choice of companies is funding, Oil companies would like to have their head office where they could easily contact Banks for funding projects.

Security situation in Niger-delta region is too volatile and no reasonable investors would site Its head office in such region.

Likely defence these companies would put up are the following:
1. Major Investments of these companies are in deep offshore which falls under federal government claims and no state can claim(Oil companies workers can throw more light to this)
2. Security situation would make them to maintain a skeletal offices in ND
3. Government has no right to tell them where to site their offices as non-governmental organizations.

But let`s see what happens.
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by dom(m): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nnpc shd follow suit
Re: FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta by tifany89(m): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
TippyTop:

Are you really from Edo state?
How can someone from the Niger Delta protest relocation of company headquarters who're mining in the Niger Delta to Niger Delta? Do you know the number of people that would gain employment from this gesture?
The rat just sold himself out by that comment. Edoboy my foot. How is it possible for someone to be against something dat plans to bring development to his home if dat person isn't a nonentity?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" / Tinubu Returns To Delta, To Meet Tompolo, Other Ex-Militants / Kiki Osibanjo Changes Her Display Picture, After It Was Tagged Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.