Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,337 members, 7,907,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:27 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38638 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2007
storrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! mr Pedro is the only one who can call himself child of destiny. no dey thief another man's slogan grin grin

Mr Pedro is off the map? its funny how these internet people talk, LMAO

things are not what they seem my brother,

agbaje? win what? o boy una sabi lagos politics? LLCOOLG u and me know how and why agbaje is still in the race. this is like a chess board. agbaje is merely a pawn in this game. olujimi agbaje does not I REPEAT does not know the role he is playing in this master formula, or why he is in the race. i wont open can of warms here. in fact i will write a book on this: how Femi Pedro won Lagos.

this race will end up being between fashola and pedro. mark my words.

P.S. its funny how you went from femi pedro is too gentle and timid to rule lagos to femi pedro is too short tempered to rule lagos. ALL IN THE SPACE OF 1 WEEK. funny funny funny

mr pedro lack structure, yet they pulled a bastardic crowd for the march on saturday.

buba marwa? buba marwa? hahahahahaha, marwa is irrelevant politically, LLCOOLG, maybe u should be more concerned about the fact that even oga patapata is not on koro's side. tell Obj to explain why he has not come for one lagos rally, meanwhile he has gone for the others, and dont tell me 'he had to go to ghana' or 'he had other engagements', or 'yaradua was sick'. all that one na yarns.

things are not what they seem my brother,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
Streetcyph is living in this world of hope all by himself, How sad
People are telling you reality left and right,

How come nobody else is disputing these things except you, i believe there used to be other femi pedro supporters in this thread.
They have abandoned you in the eye of the storm. Instead of doing damage control, the damage is now controlling you sef!

I guess its hard to come to terms with your campaign beign over in the blink of an eye, actually its not like it ever started beyond the pages of the newspaper.  You can fool some, but you cannot, I repeat, YOU CANNOT,  fool everybody.

You seem to know everything, (how agbaje is a pawn, Femi, Femi, Instead of you holding rallies, you are coming on the internet to post and gain votes as Streetcyph, haba!). If he is a pawn why are you guys so scared, you come on national TV and it was obvious your goal was to attack Jimi Agbaje, if you werent scared why was this done?

Quoting you: "P.S. its funny how you went from femi pedro is too gentle and timid to rule lagos to femi pedro is too short tempered to rule lagos. ALL IN THE SPACE OF 1 WEEK. funny funny funny"

Thats the point exactly!!!!! What Pedro had going for him was 1) His "integrity" and 2) his gentle boy image.
Both covers have been blown and he has been exposed to be a fake, all in one week.
Wo, e bere si n palemo campaing, no need to waste your time,

By the way, if Pedro can pull a 2 million man march, why in the hell is he worried, there are only about 2.5 million people expected to vote,
Who are you fooling?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Razorr(f): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2007
Get realistic guys, I'm not an AC fan, but I know Fashola would win!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2007
thats not ppossible,musiliu obanikro would win.no stress,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Razorr(f): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2007
The man who can't speak English? I tire for all this PDP people sef! They are just everywhere! grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2007
and what gives you the impression that he cannot speak english.by the way ,how is speaking english related to being a governor?obasanjo fit speak english very well ni abi wetin happen?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Razorr(f): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2007
Haaaaaaaaaaa! Obasanjo is an English Professor compared to Koro! grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2007
yeah right! i remembered back in the days in 1999, lipsrsealed b4 they come catch me for my house.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2007
Street guy just dey yarn co. No disturb yaself dey write How pedro won? Which year you go write that one? 2018? Open d can of worms u've 4 jk and let's discern. Or isn't that y it's called a forum? english no matter cos eko lo nile. koro ko, kolo mental ni!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2007
y'all re tripping.leave my man alone.whether u like it or not,obanikoro is the winner.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by sleekdot(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2007
How can we leave excellence(Agbaje,Pedro and Fashola who are icons in their profession) and celebrate a thug and political opportunist a man that was defeated by a foreign woman in his party primaries and had to resort to other unconventional means How can a man who cant speah English rule Lagos upon his years in the U.S he would still come on T.V to scream Foters and SShaiman
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2007
haters
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Razorr(f): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2007
@sleekdot
I tire o for this PDP supprters o! They have no shame. They are trying to convince us to vote for an uneducated razz thug who can't speak simple English. Like candidate - like supporters! angry
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2007
RAZOR U ARE ERE ALREADY,AFTER LOSING OUT ON THE OTHER THREAD U ARE HERE DISTURBING MY DARLING DAMSOL grin grin SHE FINE PASS U OH SHEY U KNOW AND SHE SUPPORTS KORO grin grin grin grin AND WHO IS CONVINCING YOU TO VOTE KORO? angry angry shocked ABEG HOLD UR VOTE WE DONT NEED IT,IF UR VOTE WILL DETERMINE WHETHER KORO BECOMES GOVERNOR THEN THERE WILL BE A RUNOFF SO WE NO BEG YOU grin grin grin grin grin grin grin *BITE ME*

I AM VERY SURE KORO IS FAR MORE EDUCATED THAN MOST PEEPS SAYING HE CANT SPEAK ENGLISH

ITS ONLY A PITY MOST OF U GUYS WILL LIVE WITH THE FACT WHEN THE TIME COMES THAT THIS SAME MAN U ALL CLAIM CANT SPEAK ENGLISH WILL RULE YOU IN LAGOS AND U WILL ALL PAY TAX TO HIS GOVT
"INSHA ALLAHU" "BY GODS GRACE"

COME TO OBA AKINJOBI AND CELEBRATE WITH THE WINNER.

WHO SAYS OBJ IS NOT BEHIND KORO shocked shocked shocked WHY DO U THINK HIS NAME WAS DRAFTED FROM ABUJA INSTEAD OF HILDA'S,WHY WAS OBJ IN LAGOS TO LAUNCH KORO AND YARADUAS CAMPAIGN TRAIN?WHY WAS TONY ANENNIH (FEDERAL POWER UTI) IN LAGOS TO WITNESS THE RUNOFF BTW HILDA AND KORO,GUY RECONSILE ALL THIS AND KNOW UR NEXT GOVERNOR IS KORO,KORO,KORO,KORO THERES NO ONE LIKE KORO grin grin grin grin

@DAMSOL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,I LIKE UR SPIRIT,WE IN LAGOS NIGERIA WONT DISSAPOINT U.

WHEN A MAN WHO SNIFFS HANDOVER TO ONE WHO IS A DRUNKARD,THEY'D GET SWEPT OVER BY THERE OWN BROOMS,NO WONDER THEY ARE SCARED OF KORO.VOTE SENATOR MUSILIU OBANIKORO AS YOUR GOVERNOR,SWEEP AWAY THE SNIFFER AND THE DRUNKARD. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by TheOne2(m): 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2007
I've been watching the trend of this thread for a while now and think it is not going anywhere. Everyone is trumpeting his/her candidate and whatever anyone says or whichever argument is presented no one will back down. I think if you huys are really passionate about your candidates you should be out on the street campaigning for them because the "pareto principle" might just be in play here. How do I mean: you are spending so much time on this thread that optimistically maybe 5,000 readers will vote in Lagos state. That time is better spent doing things that will make your candidate more visible.

It's a pity I'm not in Nigeria right now, I would have loved to vote for Femi Pedro. To ME, I think it's high time we made a change from the status quo ante. All these other guys you are trumpeting except maybe Agbaje are people who are neck-deep in the normal Nigerian way of politics. I mean winner-takes-all (winner-embezzles-all). Let's have people who have a proven track record for a change and not politics based on thuggery and area boys. Let's have ideas and people who are problem-solvers. It seriously grieves me to see the way things work in Europe/America and we can't just get anything to work in Nigeria. My candid opinion is that having the likes of Koro/Fashola/Afikuyomi will just be a continuation of the old way of doing things.

My judgement might be flawed, and I accept that, but I believe we've had too much of career politicians. Let's make a break for once!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2007
Sadly this thread is being overtaken by ignoramuses, minors, and cheats!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2007
If Pedro is off the map then Agbaje should be the next big thing.People leave sentiments out of it and vote for someone who will take Lagos to the treasured land.Koro not the man for the job thank God people know it.Huh really sad the ideal man for Lagos died mysteriously.We wld all have been celebrating a new Lagos with d late Funsho Willams.What a world.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2007
omo The One u gotta do both. I am a staunch KORO man, n I campaign on the streeets and try to educate fellow nigerians on whats going on in our beloved state.

Pple like my sister Razzor whom people like Jim Ovia (CEO Zenith bank) as referred to as bastards, because the gospel go about preaching is totally false and defaming to the character of the man known as KORO

You can cast your vote for Pedro. I will cast mine for the true son of the soil, one that knows Lagos best, one that is passionate about its people, and more importantly one who is fit to change Lagos.

Vote Restoration 2007. Vote Sen. Musiliu Olatunde Obanikoro!!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2007
Wish you well oh and hope you win.When voting thought think of a safe future.

Braithwaite endores Fashola.Did u read that on Punch today?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2007
abeg 9ja4eva, lets move forward abeg lets not digress and WONDER has Femi Kuti has said. nobody needs to be in Wonderland. Almighty God has his ways of doing things, if Funsho (God rest his soul) was meant to govern Lagos then no doubt but obviously he wasn't.

By the way Pedro aint no child of destiny,and even if he is a child of destiny, is destiny AINT to hold public office. The child who was born to serve unquestionable is Musiliu Olatunde Obanikoro. KORO is the child of destiny!!! HE is the next EXECUTIVE Governor of our beloved state LagosV
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2007
who r the braithwaithes shey that old man that cannot move. Politics has changed my brother, nobody listens to old men trying to control the outside from their homes anymore, didn't Tinubu prove that to you in 2003? Braithewaith and endorse Fashola from now till tomorrow and not a damn thing will change. so nothing to celebrate about that news abeg. dont let Tinubu decieve with the papers, he owns practically most of them.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
Prove to me he wasnt meant to govern Lagos State.You jst making me believe Koro wasnt the called son.You shouldnt say that because we all know d killers of dis humble man did it cos dey saw him as their stumbling block.Now they tink God will put them to rule.Its nt possible.How do you know a child of destiny?If its wat i tink den Koro doesnt fall into that category @ orl the ideal man would be Jimi Agbaje.

Fashola on the right track too.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200703271204681
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2007
Tinubu cant decieve me cos in d first place am not his fan.I belong to d group that will rule Nigeria and all d States well.We shouldnt vote on sentiments oh.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2007
Let me start by ruling Fashola out because he himself never saw himself capable of running for that office, now he doesnt see himself fit to be KING I dont believe should be KING. You see with KORO, his reputation amongst those who dont know him is stereotypical. Because of his overwhelming grassroot support, and his background he his tagged a thug, a tout and all sorts AND AS A MATTER OF FACT, THIS MAN IS OPPOSITE. Now you wonder why he as been so successful in life.

Attributes of KORO:

KORO stands as the only candidate that has served in all tiers of goverment from local, state, federal, OR executive/legislative arms of government. That is an unprecedented political track record.

KORO stands as the most knowleagable candidate of the problems we face in lagos, seeing that he grew up in Lagos Island as a child who sold apoti on the streets and was son to mama alata. To come from that to be a serving Senator today is impeccable, and worthy of praise. he understands the people for he has also been there.

KORO is the most energetic candidate out of all, and that is what we need for a third world situation. a man with energy, zeal and utmost determination

KORO doesnt smoke nor drink, has one wife and four children. Very humble individual, down to earth man. He is young and willing to serve the good people of Lagos

and of course KORO is the most handsome of them all, we need a new face in Lagos.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2007
Well we no go chop handsome so fashi dt one.I respect ur opionios bt still Koro is nt d man 4 lots.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2007
chocolat royal, 2pm, i will be wearing a jimi agbaje hat and a femi pedro shirt, just for you mr hoa2

i expect to see you there, as you want proof of my identity. i will PM my number right now if you want

llcoolg, femilangy, na una wey sabi urselvs, keep up the passion,

llcoolg, why was your candidate absent from the all important UNILAG debate?

naija4eva, and the =others that are undecided about who to vote for, i will try and upload the video, but i will hvave to go to cyber cafe in the mornign,k where the connection is much faster

the truth is we all have our own biases, for some of us, we have already made up our minds. no ammount of femilangy and kitaun and jimi agbaje himself will change our opinions.

its almost impossibe for us to be objective right now. which is understandable

in any case, election is around the corner. i suggest you tell your candidates to cross their teas and dot their eyeees

and refrain from integrity bashing. the peolpe of lagos are not foolish. they have seen people like pedro rise from humble beginnings, under the most scrutiny since he was in the banking industry, and then as deputy governor.

its remarkable how people forget that in the past four years, lagos did not, i repeat, did not, see any kind of crisis. this is because of the working relationship mr pedro had with his boss. even till today, pedro will be the first one to tell you, for him it is business as usual.

CHOCOLAT ROYAL, 2PM
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2007
He gat to be absent cos he gat nothing to say.The real rulers went to speak their mind.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
KORO couldn't make it, he was in london attending a huge fundraiser/forum You know how Nigerians in Diaspora have taken interest because they want to come back home that's why common if he can attend channels tv debate, archbishop vining church forum, what is UNILAG that one can't go to preach the manifesto that will rescue Lagos state. I came for the function myself, am still in jand will be heading back home weekend for the victory lap, body nobi firewood man must rest small
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2007
Oh so na dt one dey important for am.Is he nt supposed to be to tell d people wat he wld do when elected.Sign of weakness.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2007
omo na you sabi o, wetin una one hear whey he never yahn!!! nah n fault dem dey call am come
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2007
LOL.CHAMPIONS NEVA GIVE UP.Koro supporters don give up already.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2007
i no understand u b referee?? or how u take come say anybody give up, election don reach already, myself likewise U will go and vote for our candidate and pray to God and hope for the best, aint that so May God elect the man worthy of that position. AMEN!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply)

Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody / Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.