Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,267 members, 7,907,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:34 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38636 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2007
Thank God u say May God elect d right man.We flow now if u neutral else u still a hard nut to crack.LOL grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2007
lol at least you read, you dont talk through ur nose like some people here, awon Razzites n ko grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2007
LOL.My State gan nothing yet on d candidates it rather sad.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2007
@ d one or so. D thread goes- Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? So you expect people to post d names of those they support. I support jimiagbaje and am still waiting 4 pedro supporters 2 convince me. Temperament matters and it still showed d during d debate. one has to be a gentleman 4 this job and b ready 2 receive bad and good comments. d guy think say na bank him still dey wey he go dey halla at junior staff. www.jimiagbaje.com.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
The weird thing is that some of this people commenting and tormenting this thread didn't register to vote!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2007
Only God knows the winner self.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2007
God knows it's jimiagbaje but d devil as always wants #*##*
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2007
Did you guys see the Silverbird Poll on the 10 oclock news tonight.
Jay Kay is 1
Fashola 2
and Pedro 3

I have told you. April 14 will come. Lagos Must Change and God is on the side of good.

O boy Pedro, no even get mouth for the poll.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2007
Good news fellow lagosian. Everybody Everybody Everybody Everybody Everybody:Everybody loves jimiagbaje! Jk ok. vote wisely. a word is enough, .
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:34am On Mar 28, 2007
Silverbird poll? Bunkum!! I remember Okotie winning dat 4 d presidental race, now tell me if he can ever sniff Aso Rock, maybe in his dreams sha!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by jgirl3: 1:07am On Mar 28, 2007
lol @ kitaun. I was surprised to actually hear that but at least I got a good laugh out of it.

The Person winning is definitely OBANIKORO. I like Pedro too but you people should know how it works by now, we already know the winner.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 1:26am On Mar 28, 2007
Must u be supporting anything Debosky aint supporting? Koro ko kokoro ni!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by jgirl3: 1:54am On Mar 28, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked who's my darling supporting? Ahhhhhh. I didn't even read it. Obanikoro is gonna win but I'm not sure who's better yet - Pedro or Obanikoro. For now, I'm talking about my knowledge of what i know about him.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 5:13am On Mar 28, 2007
Koro cannot win.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2007
hey i am not here trying to start another political war but i think and now know KORo is getting more popular in lagos.

check out todays encomiom magazine and see who tops lagos popularity guber poll.
Fashola has been toping the ranks for over 10weeks now,but KORO has displaced him

This elctions will be interesting,i cant wait cheesy wink
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by jgirl3: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2007
I can confidently say that Koro is the most popular abroad and we know his plans for Lagos because he has publicized them well. I think he would be a good influence on Lagos State. He's going to win.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2007
You people, pls, stop fooling yourself, i mean agree, anybody but Tinubu, but, KOro haba
Even though PM news is biased and tinubu has probably paid them off, hopefully you guys have seen the report on Koro, which he probably cant defend himself against.
I have been hearing these things even before he was going to run for governor. The people who will vote for koro are the people that personally know him and are somehow related to him and those who have something to gain from his government. No one in his sane mind would vote Koro after hearing all the things that have been said about him.
To further complicate the issue, the grassroot who dont read the newspaper who would have blindly just voted PDP as protest agaisnt AC isnt controlled by PDP.

Koro cannot win lagos, Lets be serious.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2007
Am with u all d way.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by spora(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2007
My assessment of the 4 gladiators is as below:

1. Jimi AGBAJE- I see him as a man with idea and vision. He looks real. He is very passionate and everybody seems to love him (Like his campaign). Honestly, my heart votes for him. BUT he is in the wrong party. Nigeria is not matured yet to vote for personality. I score him 80% but He CANNOT win.

2. Tunde FASHOLA- I see him as a stooge. Though brilliant and qualified! His major stain is people see him as a relunctant candidate. A man that is forced on them by Tinubu. His administration is viewed as the continuation of Tinubu's He is in the right party and he stands the chance of reaping from Tinubu's goodwill. A lot will therefore vote for him because of Tinubu and AC. I score him 60% and he stand 50-50 chance of winning.

3. Femi PEDRO- The next governor that will never be. Honestly he stood the best chance before he soil his finger with the treasury problem and he is not helping the matter by coming out to defend himself. He is not a politician even though he has been there for 4 and a half years. He is temperamental and he's seen as a capitalist. To compound the matter he is in the VERY WRONG PARTY. Labour what? Even the immediate past Labour President is not contesting under labour party. He has no follower, no platform and no standing. I score him 40%

4. Musiliu Obanikoro- He is an opportunist. To Tinubu and his party, he is also a traitor. But which politician is not a traitor? Tinubu? Obasanjo? , ? A lot see him as not qualified. Even though he has been in politics for many year, he does not have the capacity to govern a complex state like Lagos. He has no idea as far as I am concern. He however has some goodwill because of the government in Power- PDP. I score him 30% but he stands 50-50 chance of winning.

Other contestants are just there to improve their CV: Former Gubernatorial Candidate in Lagos state. They stand no chance.

This is my candid opinion.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2007
Spora, I agree with your analysis except where you doubt the sophistication of lagosians. It is obvious that Jay Kay has the support of the professional class and hence this election will be based on how much pull he has on the grassroot(which i believe he does).

This election is going to be very interesting indeed. I just wish lagos the best. Its time for us to join the ranks of great cities in the world.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 7:02am On Mar 29, 2007
Pls what is the story that koro might be disqualified, koro supporters abeg enlighten me,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2007
Koro is going to win if only area boys are going to vote. He should stop wasting his money and use it for better things like Paraga or to play Baba Ijebu grin grin
check this site http://www.obanikoroexposed.com/school.html
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:01am On Mar 29, 2007
Well lets c what happens.I hope JIMI AGBAJE wins anyway.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2007
dayokanu:

Koro is going to win if only area boys are going to vote. He should stop wasting his money and use it for better things like Paraga or to play Baba Ijebu grin grin
check this site http://www.obanikoroexposed.com/school.html

i have known earlier that u all are haters.newax as u all know,onikoro was the name he was using befor e he changed it to obanikoro so u all should grow up.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
i can see you are still going at it here

HOA62, u were a no-show at chocolate royal yesterday. any chance for a visit tommorow?

the website agaisnt obanikoro is not going to do anything. its a waste of energy. again, it is propaganda by desparados to condemn candidates character, rather than focus on who has the best plans for lagos

in desperation, this is the tactic the likes of HOA62 and his cohorts have adopted on this forum.

HOA62, i just received an admin message with your I.P.

your IP says you are in london.

you have not watched the debate. neither do you even know what is going on in lagos.

refrain from bashing candidates. rather, tell everyone what your candidate will do if in office

the nigerians in naija who watched the debate knwo what is up. read for yourself.

http://naijanaz..com/2007/03/got-lot-of-gist.html

http://notesfromnaija..com/2007/03/debate.html

Nairaland users, take heed!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Razorr(f): 2:09pm On Mar 29, 2007
I do not have a prefered candidate, but I definitely would not vote for a fraudster! angry A man with 15 social security numbers in the U.S.A.! shocked

Haba! angry
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2007
streetcyph:

i can see you are still going at it here

HOA62, u were a no-show at chocolate royal yesterday. any chance for a visit tommorow?

the website agaisnt obanikoro is not going to do anything. its a waste of energy. again, it is propaganda by desparados to condemn candidates character, rather than focus on who has the best plans for lagos

in desperation, this is the tactic the likes of HOA62 and his cohorts have adopted on this forum.

HOA62, i just received an admin message with your I.P.

your IP says you are in london.

you have not watched the debate. neither do you even know what is going on in lagos.

refrain from bashing candidates. rather, tell everyone what your candidate will do if in office

the nigerians in naija who watched the debate knwo what is up. read for yourself.

http://naijanaz..com/2007/03/got-lot-of-gist.html

http://notesfromnaija..com/2007/03/debate.html

Nairaland users, take heed!!
the websites u gave doesnt insinuate anything relating to the subject matter,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2007
it does,

the way i see it, there's different types of posters here

1. people who are outside nigeria, but intersted in what is going on in nigeria. they are not registered to vote, but are keen on following what is going on. they are indifferent/undecided as to who is the best candidate but have a general idea of who is fit to rule) (e.g. naija4eva, damsol)

2. people outside nigeria that have picked a candidate from the jump. they will rely on the little information they get from PM news and the other nigerian websites, along with direct contact with the candidate, to come on here and spread dodgy propaganda (e.g. hoa62, mustay)

3. people who are in lagos nigeria, who until recently reallly didnt care who governed us. the debate helped them distinguish the candidates, while dispelling stereotypes about certain candidates. this is the most critical group of posters because they reflect about 20-25% of the eventual voters. (e.g. McDoe, brownbaby, ETM)

4. people who are currently in lagos nigeria, who are currently working for/aiding the campaigns of the candidates of their choice. (streetcyph, kitaun, llcoolg, femilangy)

damsol, its important that we are all being fed the right information. i am currently at a cybercafe, trying to upload the video of the debates (LTV and then channels). it will give group 1 and 2 a clearer picture of things.

no guarantees how long this will take. its a 40mb file and this place is just too slow.

PS anyone know any cybercafes on awolowo road with a fast connection speed?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2007
Streetcyhp, I noteiced you have become desperate, haba, London I have never been to london in my life, so if you are going to come with information make sure it is accurate. And how do you know i have not watched the debate, i told you i was done with you when you didnt answer to the issues i raised.
Anywyas, it doesnt make sense for you to spend all your time on the interenet looking for a site that supports pedro, and even the site you had said nothin really,
O boy just forget it man,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
I maintain my position that damage control online is not the way to go,

Quoting you: "people who are in lagos nigeria, who until recently reallly didnt care who governed us. the debate helped them distinguish the candidates, while dispelling stereotypes about certain candidates. this is the most critical group of posters because they reflect about 20-25% of the eventual voters. (e.g. McDoe, brownbaby, ETM) " .

You are joking right?? 25% Blind optimism is to be expected in someone who works for the campaign team (at least you admitted it)
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2007
24.186.207.37 - Hoa62, that is your IP address. that means you are in connecticut or tampa. abi i dey lie lol.

i never said i worked for the campaign my brotha. i said I aided campaign. i am aiding campaign by spreading his name and writing articles on him.

Nairaland users, lets stay away from uncessesary propaganda against a specific candidate (e.g mustay and hoa62 ganging up against pedro). for 6 months, kitaun, femilangy and llcoolg have engaged me in back and forth debates about the candidates, and not once has character assasination been in the equation. it was not until hoa62 and his cohorts joined nairaland that femi pedro's integrity has become an issue.

even the others (kitaun, femilangy, llcoolg etc) know femi pedro's greatest strenght is his integrity and know-how

hoa62. if you want to prove to me that you know what is going on in lagos politics, i challenge you to come to chocolate royal tommorow at 2pm. you were a no-show yesterday, but this time around, i will wear a jimi agbaje hat and a femi pedro shirt. i will have gulder on my table, and i will be holding your candidates manifesto book with femi's manifesto poster.

are you up for it? LOL. i very much doubt it, due to location constraints on your part.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2007
Look, streetcyph you are confused.

First I'm in london, then all of a sudden i am in connecticut or Tampa,

Do you know how far away those places are from one another??

Look here, truth is truth,
Perhaps i dont know if its in this post or not, but i was behind Pedro and Agbaje,

However, 2 different people questioning your integrity, and within the span of a month, cast a very big doubt, and dont act like its not an important issue to be discussed

We cannot have people of "questionable intgetrity" ruling us, and that my brother is simply the truth,

Look I am not a politician like you which means i have other things that i do with my life,

Two o clok in the afternoon with a gulder, c'mon man, i have things to do with my life (By the way i dont mean to be rude with that comment)

What are we meeting for again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi To Buhari: Documentaries We Ran About You Were Factually Correct / Pdp’s ‘coffin’ Still In Police Custody / Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.