Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,949 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:47 PM

Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu (4283 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Do Nigerians Expect Too Much From The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sagamite:

No, I never said that, I gave 3 possible scenarios to cover most likely basis.
Sometimes I really wonder. . .if you are saying the journalist did not cook this up then that means he actually made that statement. . .
Now how do you know for a fact that the 3 scenarios you listed were his REAL reasons.
Blimey, the man already gave you one - The time is NOT enough. Stop postulating.

Sagamite:

I was expecting you to back that up.
I was stunned by at your initial reply thus I couldn't respond adequately. If those are the best we have, then why disturb ourselves with the Nations Cup at all? Except, well, suddenly they find the passion and will to do the unthinkable.

Sagamite:

As long as you know they have not failed. That is fine.
No. You said as long as they do not fail miserably. . .and I said, why should they when they have a good coach in Amodu? geddit?

Sagamite:

You said it was different by alluding to club being somehow easier.
Bottom line is this. They are two different ball games.

Sagamite:

My point is, any difference would only show club management is easier as:
1) If your team is weak in one area, you just by a better player, whilst in national football, you use what you have. Otherwise Finland, Saudi Arabia, Luxemburg and Norway would be the best footballing nations.

2) You have a large squad you can select from for each game, national, you select your 23 and stick with it.

3) You have a chance to practice different approaches every week until you get it right, nationa, you see them every 2 months and prepare under 3 days.

If you give him whatever concursion your babalowo is giving you, so he can use it on CIV, Cameroun etc, then he just might win irrespective of the quality of his tools.

Damn, I guarantee you he would even win the WC with the concursion with Stationary Stores. I would expect him to.
Greece won the Euros. How manage? I bet they also visited and took concursions from my babalawo? What was their ranking before then?
Again, Amodu's excuse was not about the quality of his players but the time allocated to him. Why you like to move away from issues I don't know.
It's in Amodu interest to get to the Final of the Nations Cup and as well all know, anything can happen in a final.
Only that way can he make a name for himself. I guarantee you that he will have a job for LIFE with the NFF.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by hollandis(f): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2009
I won't watch the Nations cup with feverish tension.
Amodu is a colossal failure
Amodu is a total disgrace
The NFF is made up of inept administrators

If the inept NFF decides that Amodu must stay,he should at least do the following
1.)screen out or bench Aiyegbeni(I get so sick when I watch him play)

2.)If not screened out,Taiye has no business with defending.

3.)Yobo should be drafted to right full back

4.)Echiejele should be chosen ahead of Taiye Taiwo

5.)Warn Obafemi of his stupid resultless,unproven annoying selfish attitude

6.)Pray that Ikechukwu Uche recovers fast enough(my best guy in addition to Nsofor and Osaze(The 3 musketeers)
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by freety(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
Amodu should sack immedetely,
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2009
FBS:

Sometimes I really wonder. . .if you are saying the journalist did not cook this up then that means he actually made that statement. . .
Now how do you know for a fact that the 3 scenarios you listed were his REAL reasons.
Blimey, the man already gave you one - The time is NOT enough. Stop postulating.

If you read my words very clearly, you would see that I said 3 "most likely basis", so I don't know how you concluded I know "for a fact" that they were his real reasons.

FBS:

I was stunned by at your initial reply thus I couldn't respond adequately. If those are the best we have, then why disturb ourselves with the Nations Cup at all? Except, well, suddenly they find the passion and will to do the unthinkable.

You either have come to agreement with my point that our players are not that good, or this is your chance to tell me the better players you were expecting that did not make the team.

FBS:

No. You said as long as they do not fail miserably. . .and I said, why should they when they have a good coach in Amodu? geddit?

Yes, I get it. They never lose their games, rarely concede goals, keep a clean sheet in 80% of their games and win 75% of it. Very few coaches in the World (except those in the mold of yemmight) can achieve this, so they do have a good coach in Amodu.

FBS:

Greece won the Euros. How manage? I bet they also visited and took concursions from my babalawo? What was their ranking before then?
Again, Amodu's excuse was not about the quality of his players but the time allocated to him. Why you like to move away from issues I don't know.
It's in Amodu interest to get to the Final of the Nations Cup and as well all know, anything can happen in a final.
Only that way can he make a name for himself. I guarantee you that he will have a job for LIFE with the NFF.

I don't base my decisions on exceptionality, I base it on Logic and Reality. If exceptionality happens, good. If I did, I would not have gone to Uni and would have tried to be a rapper, hopefully I would be as rich as Akon now. But Logic and Reality would suggest I would have ended up stacking shelves in Tesco.

Did the same Greece get out of the group stages on the next Euro Cup or did they lose all 3 games under the same coach? Did they even qualify for the WC under the same coach 2 years after winning?

Do you now see why I prefer to work with Logic and Reality rather than Exceptionality and Luck. If I was to work with the latter, I would still stick with Amodu as the factors are mainly irrespective of a single actor.

It is no doubt in Amodu's interest to win ANC. It would do him a world of good. But as I said in one of my 3 likely basis, if he said what is reported, then I think it is silly. But the silly is so small, that it would just be a passing remark, not the usual Amodu-attack that those that know nothing about football relish. He is merely managing expectations (poorly) of people that are not realistic and have their happiness attached to SE-success and due to the colour of his skin, he has limited leverage to dismiss them.

Even Germany, Portugal or Italy do not have the guts to demand the minimum of their coaches is to take them to the final of the Euro Cup, talkless of winning.

Even Spain, England or Holland, despite being the strongest, can not demand such. But Amodu has to win ANC or else he is not good enough. LWKMD!!!
 grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by supereagle(m): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
I will be surprised if this coach and his players go beyond the second round.

He says no time to prepare.
Come to think of it,is it not the same set of players
that gave him the over hpyed results he is boasting of being the
best coach ever?
He played all friendlies,w/cup and nations cup qualifiers with this guys
yet he claims not to have enough time to train and blend?

In otherwords,the nations cup is just mere participatory.
Traditionally,the w/c is just to show face.

A looser loses even be4 he starts the contest proper.
Amodu will surprise you in Angola,the man is a silent archiver, he does not make noise like some coaches,now that Naija criticized and chastised him with their tongues, the man will proof to you that he is still the best in the Land. Let wait and see.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
freety:

Amodu should sack immedetely,

See example of a typical Amodu-basher. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by hollandis(f): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
supereagle:

he is still the best in the Land. Let wait and see.

In edo state land shey?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
Amodu has just admitted to being a failure. He should just resign for God sake but fear of hunger no go let am.
After his dismal performance at the nations cup he will be booted out by the same block-headed NFF.

Am not a prophet of doom Super Eagles will experience the biggest fck up this coming nation's cup under Amodu
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
deb:

Amodu has just admitted to being a failure. He should just resign for God sake but fear of hunger no go let am.
After his dismal performance at the nations cup he will be booted out by the same block-headed NFF.

Am not a prophet of doom Super Eagles will experience the biggest fck up this coming nation's cup under Amodu

Sounds like the typical conscrewsionclusions of a Nigerian politician against an opponent.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Sagamite,

Am glad you wrote that it 'sounds' like it but not exactly it.
Its a simple truth that is bitter to swallow. Sorry Amodu supporter
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
Amodu will surprise you in Angola,the man is a silent archiver, he does not make noise like some coaches,now that Naija criticized and chastised him with their tongues, the man will proof to you that he is still the best in the Land. Let wait and see.

Please correct the highlighted, he has never been the best and he cannot be the best in Nigeria with Samson Siasia, Keshi and even Eguavoen self better pass am.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by mbulela: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
Amodu is either a liar or is extremely naive.
Which players will fly straight to Durban?
these ones that will be all over the clubs in V/I groping free girls?
dude should prepare more plausible excuses next time.
all these players will be in naija for xmas but only fly out to Durbs four days before because we lack a system that holds anyone responsible for their actions.
infact i am waiting for the traditional bonus fight between NFF and the players.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by babypalm: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
our too much na final, not even semi finals. You hear
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2009
Winning the Nation's cup is non-negotiable
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2009
deb:

Winning the Nation's cup is non-negotiable

Acquiring oil blocks in Angola before leaving is non-negotiable. grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
The England National team were as shambolic as the super eagles b4 Capello took over
pls somebody help me ask Amodu how many years it took him to turn to team to a super team

not only do they play well, they now have the winning mentality
to Amodu, those cannot be achieved cos he has little time

somebody shd pls reming him how long he has been coaching this team

is he saying he needs half a decade to produce a good team?

shame on Nigeria for parading an inept good for nothin maggot as a coach

saga bite me tongue
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
tkb417:

The England National team were as shambolic as the super eagles b4 Capello took over
pls somebody help me ask Amodu how many years it took him to turn to team to a super team

not only do they play well, they now have the winning mentality
to Amodu, those cannot be achieved cos he has little time

somebody shd pls reming him how long he has been coaching this team

is he saying he needs half a decade to produce a good team?

shame on Nigeria for parading an inept good for nothin maggot as a coach

saga bite me tongue

No 1, Capello is miles better than Amodu.

No 2, the English players do not have the culture of unprofessionalism (bigmanism) an average Nigerian has which will take longer to overcome and sustain for ANY coach including Capello.

No 3, England is not playing exciting football, they have a winning mentality and do the job like Germans under Capello whilst having similar denfensive lapses like SE. Nigerians are critising Amodu because they want exciting & dominating football.

No 4, England has at least 6 World class players in their team and the rest are as good as Odems, Nigeria would struggle to list 6 African class players in their team.  grin So even ferguson's coaching mentor like yemmight can turn England around in a second. grin

No 5, Amodu has done well with the bunch he has, unfortunately he has to deal with Nigerians that can not open up their eyes and face reality that they do not have the players to dominate africa, talkless of the world.

Sho to, abi o fe kin fin jara si?  tongue grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
No 2, the English players do not have the culture of unprofessionalism an average Nigerian has which will take longer to overcome and sustain for ANY coach.

That means eagles need a true leader. Onigbinde wasn't a fantastic coach but his leadership quality brought out the best in the hurriedly
assembled team such that Nigerians actually believed we were going to win the Korea/Japan World Cup. Though the team eventually disappointed because of lack of experience but with such leadership and winning mentality injected on a team for as long has the duration Amodu had taken over the eagles, we will be sure of at least winning the nations cup at for real now.

Amodu is no good coach, he has been winning and drawing like a man that gamble, no leadership quality, no team pattern, even after victory or a draw the fans know that the team is going no where because its only a matter of time to be unlucky. so what is his usefulness as a zombie coach?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2009
deb:

That means eagles need a true leader. Onigbinde wasn't a fantastic coach but his leadership quality brought out the best in the hurriedly
assembled team such that Nigerians actually believed we were going to win the Korea/Japan World Cup
. Though the team eventually disappointed because of lack of experience but with such leadership and winning mentality injected on a team for as long has the duration Amodu had taken over the eagles, we will be sure of at least winning the nations cup at for real now.

Amodu is no good coach, he has been winning and drawing like a man that gamble, no leadership quality, no team pattern, even after victory or a draw the fans know that the team is going no where because its only a matter of time to be unlucky. so what is his usefulness as a zombie coach?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't debate at that level.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by omar22(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2009
I have said all along that Nigerian should have fired Coco the clown the following day we got the world cup ticket, The players would arrive on the 28th with 12 days to get us ready,
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by omar22(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2009

NUFF SAID
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2009
No 1, Capello is miles better than Amodu.
thank God you know
so we need someone in the mold of capello to replicate what capello did to England

we dont need no apprentice
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by slimes(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
"Super Chickens" has nothing to boost our expectations.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2009
tkb417:

thank God you know
so we need someone in the mold of capello to replicate what capello did to England

we dont need no apprentice

Whilst you are at it, make sure you get Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Lennon, Ferdinard and Ashley Cole or else he would fail. tongue

Also we would have to sell your house and car to pay him. Knowing you, maybe your wristwatch would be enough sha.

You can't change Amodu whilst he has not failed.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sagamite:

Whilst you are at it, make sure you get Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Terry, Lennon, Ferdinard and Ashley Cole or else he would fail. tongue

Also we would have to sell your house and car to pay him. Knowing you, maybe your wristwatch would be enough sha.

You can't change Amodu whilst he has not failed.
so we must get gerrard and co b4 we can appoint a coach like capello as our gaffer

i dont get ur point? they are uncoachable or we dont have the money?

we dont have the money? then u need to sleep and wake up to clear the doubt

Nigeria can afford just anythn
name it
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2009
tkb417:

so we must get gerrard and co b4 we can appoint a coach like capello as our gaffer

i dont get your point? they are uncoachable or we dont have the money?

we dont have the money? then u need to sleep and wake up to clear the doubt

Nigeria can afford just anythn
name it

Capello could only achieve his rapid impact because:

- the English players do not have the culture of unprofessionalism (bigmanism) an average Nigerian has which will take longer to overcome and sustain for ANY coach including Capello. Capello would face a different challenge with Nigeria than he faced with England.

- England is not playing exciting football, they have a winning mentality and do the job like Germans under Capello whilst having similar denfensive lapses like SE. Nigerians are critising Amodu because they want exciting & dominating football, Capello would not get them that as he is not getting England that, what he would give would be slightly more than what Amodu is giving now. No biggie with our defensive lapses, it is normal in football.

- England has at least 6 World class players in their team and the rest are as good as Odems, Nigeria would struggle to list 6 African class players in their team. Capello is not a magician, we are still more likely to lose to the likes of CIV or Cameroun.

- Amodu has done well with the bunch he has, unfortunately he has to deal with Nigerians that can not open up their eyes and face reality that they do not have the players to dominate africa, talkless of the world. Capello will not change that, we would just feel more comfortable because he has a long, curly hair which in an average African man's mind means he has more potential to be an expert.

And the most important of all

- You would struggle to justify 5 coaches to replace Amodu based on the "faults" you think Amodu has.

So if you want to justify replacing Amodu, you must:

a) List the faults he has that justify replacing him.

b) List 5 coaches that are realistically available, willing and affordable to replace him.

c) List the reasons why you think they are better than Amodu.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2009
a) he is totally inept

b) Mancini
Zico
Ramos
Bilic
A combination of Siasia and Keshi

c) these coaches have proven they can instill winning mentalities in whatever teams they have coached somethin Amodu cannot do
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
tkb417:

a) he is totally inept

b) Mancini
Zico
Ramos
Bilic
A combination of Siasia and Keshi

c) these coaches have proven they can instill winning mentalities in whatever teams they have coached somethin Amodu cannot do

You have to specify what "total inept" is.

Be specific.

Someone is totally inept but wins 75% of his games and does not concede in 80% and rarely ever loses?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by chire(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
I think we should all cut Amodu some slack for now.
Everybody, including Amodu himself knows that his performance in the nations cup next month will determine if he will go to the world cup as head coach or not.
So we should not let his utterances before the tournament bother us.
All we should be concerned about now is the NFF to give him everything he need for the preparation so he can not give any excuses afterwards.
Lets see how the eagles will perform at the nations cup,if they disappoint us,then we can begin the "off with his head" chant.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by A40(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
Haaa why una dey trouble una self?? Its his loss if we Zap up in the ANC it simply means he would qualify Naija to the World Cup and not see the biblical Canaan like it happened in 02 if he likes let him not perform!! Another coach would come and reap the fruits of his sweat. Poo this dude is too young to be suffering from Alzheimer's already na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Barcelona Vs Sevilla 5-4 – All (messi) Goals &highlights – Super Cup / Rare Picture Of Mohammed Ali With Little Michael Jackson / Naijawin247.com A New Betting Company To Beat Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.