Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,969 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:07 PM

Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu (4284 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Do Nigerians Expect Too Much From The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sagamite:

You have to specify what "total inept" is.

Be specific.

Someone is totally inept but wins 75% of his games and does not concede in 80% and rarely ever loses?
scolari won 75% of his games but still got the letter for being totally inept!!!!!!!!!!

as big as we are, the form and manner we scrapped out victories against Benin, lesotho, djibouti and the likes should not be condoned

we need to see our national team play like the old super eagles. this present eagles are so plain rigid and would pass for Burkina faso
why? cos we have someone whose glory days were in BCC Lions on Gboko in late 80s

if we arent retrogressive in our thinking, why sack him and get him back?

we are now very inferior to countries that would normally shake when they hear the name Nigeria ( CIV and Ghana)

its a no brainer, from the evidence of those  flaccid displays throughout the qualifiers, and with amodu at the helm of affairs, a Q-finals berth is a miracle
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
@tkb

Please be specific by giving me bullet point list.

I will also advice, as your paddy, to review your coach list upwards for better pedigree.  grin

And No, Scholari did not win 75% of his games, if he did, they would not sack him, I doubt he even won 50%.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by tkb417(m): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sagamite:

@tkb

Please be specific by giving me bullet point list.

I will also advice, as your paddy, to review your coach list upwards for better pedigree. grin

And No, Scholari did not win 75% of his games, if he did, they would not sack him, I doubt he even won 50%.
bullet points shocked

ill give ma oga bullet points and ill give u bullet points too
lol. i no do

check the number of games scolari played and the number of games won/drawn
it shd be up to 75%
ill check tho

del bosque and capello won the league with real but were given sack letters cos real werent impressed with the standard of play
so whts the 75% thingy ure talkin about
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2009
tkb417:

bullet points shocked

ill give ma oga bullet points and ill give u bullet points too
lol. i no do

check the number of games scolari played and the number of games won/drawn
it shd be up to 75%
ill check tho

del bosque and capello won the league with real but were given sack letters cos real werent impressed with the standard of play
so whts the 75% thingy ure talkin about

I ask for bullet points as it would reduce chance of ambiguity and misintepretation of your points, also it would help in using to assess your coaching list.

No one has ever approved of the sanity of Real Madrid's president of those days which I can not remember his name. That is by no means reasonable in the footballing world.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2009
Or we can do it another way where I bullet point for you by extracting from your point and give you a chance to sign off, so you don't repudiate it later. Me too, I get Oga  grin

From this:

tkb417:

scolari won 75% of his games but still got the letter for being totally inept!!!!!!!!!!

as big as we are, the form and manner we scrapped out victories against Benin, lesotho, djibouti and the likes should not be condoned

we need to see our national team play like the old super eagles. this present eagles are so plain rigid and would pass for Burkina faso
why? cos we have someone whose glory days were in BCC Lions on Gboko in late 80s

if we arent retrogressive in our thinking, why sack him and get him back?

we are now very inferior to countries that would normally shake when they hear the name Nigeria ( CIV and Ghana)

its a no brainer, from the evidence of those  flaccid displays throughout the qualifiers, and with amodu at the helm of affairs, a Q-finals berth is a miracle

Can I assume, you think Amodu is inept because:

1) You expect us to win "small" teams convincingly.

2) You want us to play exciting and commanding football, where our defence is unshakeable, our attack is potent and our midfield makes opposition wives.

3) We should be as good as CIV and Ghana.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
Scolari's Premiership record:

P    W    D    L
25  14   7    4

http://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/england/english-premier-league-2008-2009/results

That is a 56% win rate.

And Hiddink that came to be Saviour or Hero or Genius or even God in the last 13 games only won ONE game by more than a 2 goal margin, and only 3 other games by more than a 1 goal margin. So he won 8 games (60% of his matches) by just a one goal margin and lost 1 game.

If it is Amodu that is winning small teams by one goal margin: "HA! He is not good enough. He is a fool. E no go better for am".  grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Image123(m): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
Has Amodu lost T.Joshua's number? Why is he saying all these scary things na?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
Where is super coach, Alex Ferguson-tutor yemmight?

I told him to list his non-old leg SE that should have been invited for ANC and he took to his legs heels.  grin

Awon coach tor mor nipa football.  grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by jarkbauer: 2:09am On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

awon coach tor mor nipa football.  grin
that true
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by TexMex: 4:48am On Dec 18, 2009
AMODU SHUAIBU is not among the few coaches that inspire me to watch football. So despite the fact that I 'm an avid supporter of NIGERIAN teams, I have only watched a handful of SE matches. The reason is not far-fetched (and like MOZAMBIQUE's coach said):  The Super Eagles under AMODU are too predictable! All the near-heart attacks and goofs are vintage SHUAIBU.

We should not be here complaining about lack of world class players. A good coach makes the best use of materials available to him. ONIGBINDE didn't have the full retinue of Super Eagles players when he was appointed as coach (VICTOR AGALI refused to report to camp, SUNDAY OLISEH and FINIDI GEORGE had a disagreement with the then Sports Minister the late ISHAYA AKU, and so on) so some 'big names' were excluded from the final preparation for the 2002 FIFA WORLD CUP, yet ONIGBINDE was able to build a team around KANU and OKOCHA. So despite the fact that OKOCHA had a forgettable performance under AMODU in ANC 2002, he was a force to reckon with at the FIFA Mundial a few months later under ONIGBINDE. Same player. Different results. What changed? The coach! (I even believe the SE would have done better at KOREA/JAPAN 2002 if KANU had not been injured in the first game against ARGENTINA). So much for the difference a good coach brings.

Subsequent SE coaches after ONIGBINDE continued with the 'OKOCHA-magic' scheme yet the player was not newly discovered. If AMODU were a good coach, he would have fashioned out a winning formula for the team, working around their strengths now that OKOCHA has long retired and KANU in on his last legs. The Super Eagles' bench needs to be strengthened in order to improve the team.

My other grouse against AMODU is his inability to read the game, and know what to do. ARGENTINA has world class players yet they struggled to qualify for the World Cup. Accusing fingers were pointed at the coach. Honestly, if AMODU were to have players in the mould of MESSI, I doubt he will know what to do with them! I like AMODU and wish him well, but his approach to the beautiful game is disappointing. I wish we have a Sports Minister like ISHAYA AKU, then all these "Keep your mouth shut on AMODU" won't be happening. All the same: "All we are saying, strengthen the EAGLES' bench!"
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2009
Amodu can say whatever he likes. . .no big deal but he himself clearly knows that the onus is on him to perform - by that I mean getting to the final of the Nations Cup. yeah I remember someone telling me that they will need babalawos for thatgrin

Anything short of that and he will have someone else reaping the fruits of his labor.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by steve11215(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2009
why not give him a trail? i still believe in Amodu
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2009
^^^ Do we have a choice?  grin
Certain we all support him and The SE. We are only showing/expressing our concerns. Nothing wrong in that.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by eboweme: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2009
Let somebody tell Amodu to 'shut up' and go update his knowledge of the game. Anybody can coach super eagle he should not see it as a big deal because he just like anybody.

Amodu na real kabu kabu man!
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2009
TexMex:

AMODU SHUAIBU is not among the few coaches that inspire me to watch football. So despite the fact that I 'm an avid supporter of NIGERIAN teams, I have only watched a handful of SE matches. The reason is not far-fetched (and like MOZAMBIQUE's coach said):  The Super Eagles under AMODU are too predictable! All the near-heart attacks and goofs are vintage SHUAIBU.

It would be very interesting to know the "goofs and near-heart attacks" you are talking about that virtually all the top teams in the world under world-class coaches do not experience. Please list them and I will show you teams under th likes of Capello, Mourinho, Ferguson with all the money and stars experiencing it.

TexMex:

We should not be here complaining about lack of world class players. A good coach makes the best use of materials available to him. ONIGBINDE didn't have the full retinue of Super Eagles players when he was appointed as coach (VICTOR AGALI refused to report to camp, SUNDAY OLISEH and FINIDI GEORGE had a disagreement with the then Sports Minister the late ISHAYA AKU, and so on) so some 'big names' were excluded from the final preparation for the 2002 FIFA WORLD CUP, yet ONIGBINDE was able to build a team around KANU and OKOCHA. So despite the fact that OKOCHA had a forgettable performance under AMODU in ANC 2002, he was a force to reckon with at the FIFA Mundial a few months later under ONIGBINDE. Same player. Different results. What changed? The coach! (I even believe the SE would have done better at KOREA/JAPAN 2002 if KANU had not been injured in the first game against ARGENTINA). So much for the difference a good coach brings.

Subsequent SE coaches after ONIGBINDE continued with the 'OKOCHA-magic' scheme yet the player was not newly discovered. If AMODU were a good coach, he would have fashioned out a winning formula for the team, working around their strengths now that OKOCHA has long retired and KANU in on his last legs. The Super Eagles' bench needs to be strengthened in order to improve the team.

Absolutely amazing you are comparing Amodu with a daft, junk coach that took a junk mandate to take a junk team to the WC. That speaks volumes of Onigbinde's intelligence.

If the fact that Okocha realised that everyone around him is junk and he had to resort to his skills and one-man attempt on goal as tactical genius of the coach knocks me off my seat.

Onigbinde's junks lost 2 games and drew 1 with a team that had already qualified and would be avoiding injuries in a meaningless match, Amodu's team won 4 games and drew one (lost in extra-time) to a team that went on to the WC QFs.

TexMex:

My other grouse against AMODU is his inability to read the game, and know what to do. ARGENTINA has world class players yet they struggled to qualify for the World Cup. Accusing fingers were pointed at the coach. Honestly, if AMODU were to have players in the mould of MESSI, I doubt he will know what to do with them! I like AMODU and wish him well, but his approach to the beautiful game is disappointing. I wish we have a Sports Minister like ISHAYA AKU, then all these "Keep your mouth shut on AMODU" won't be happening. All the same: "All we are saying, strengthen the EAGLES' bench!"

Yeah, I notice when he can not read games too. When his substitution brings vital goals, it is mere luck, but when Man U scores from a penalty kick, Ferguson is a genius.  undecided

Be wishing for retarded, uneducated mo-rons that "disband" teams as Minister. Fools that see power to abuse and use it to undertake functions not under their remit. Visionless, planless, hopeless, tactless, underdeveloped-minded vermins as Ministers, and then you complain about Nigeria and its failures.

I have a better wish. Why don't we wish for one of those milads, like in CIV, that tell national team players to frog-jump when they don't perform to his whims?

And when such people flog women and strip them nak-ed on the streets for not moving their car rapidly enough for the bigman's motorcade and its sirens, YOU will be the one who will turn around and say "Nigeria is a failed state".  undecided
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
wishing amodu best of luck. and juju. if he can't win nations cup, what is he doing at the world cup? if you don't hope to do better than you have ever done, what's the use in trying? hiddink has led more than two teams to semi-finals of the world cup- SOUTH KOREA and holland. he took australia to A disputed second round loss to italy last term. can you compare nigeria and australia? he lost out narrowly on qualification(IN EUROPE). OR do you waNt to compare germany and tunisia wey una magu magu out? you have 2 years to prepare and its not enough. IF HE FAILS TO LIFT THE NATIONS CUP, LUCK OR OTHERWISE, HE HAS NO RIGHT TO TAKE NIGERIA TO THE WORLD CUP.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
snakova:

wishing amodu best of luck. and juju. if he can't win nations cup, what is he doing at the world cup? if you don't hope to do better than you have ever done, what's the use in trying? hiddink has led more than two teams to semi-finals of the world cup- SOUTH KOREA and holland. he took australia to A disputed second round loss to italy last term. can you compare nigeria and australia? he lost out narrowly on qualification(IN EUROPE). OR do you waNt to compare germany and tunisia wey una magu magu out? you have 2 years to prepare and its not enough. IF HE FAILS TO LIFT THE NATIONS CUP, LUCK OR OTHERWISE, HE HAS NO RIGHT TO TAKE NIGERIA TO THE WORLD CUP.

He lost to Slovakia, mate. With a team brimming with talent OVER 2 legs.

Abomination!
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2009
slovakia? thats one game. on goal difference. late goal. fate. i personally believe amodu can't even go beyond the quarter finals.but if he beats expectations, bravo to him. on the record, arshavin was injured
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2009
snakova:

slovakia? thats one game. on goal difference. late goal. fate. i personally believe amodu can't even go beyond the quarter finals.but if he beats expectations, bravo to him. on the record, arshavin was injured

Well, in defence of Amodu, he did not lose and Yakubu was injured.  cheesy

Abi na, so you are saying Hiddink's ability is dependent on having star players. grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Well, in defence of Amodu, he did not lose and Yakubu was injured. cheesy

Abi na, so you are saying Hiddink's ability is dependent on having star players. grin
If you are really interested in Nigeria's success then you would agree with me that the nations cup would be the acid test for amodu's second reign as it was for the first and another below par performance would as well see him through the door. a win is a win, no matter the circumstances.but a loss, if not in the final( as in 2000) would not soothe the nerves of football loving Nigerians as it would all but confirm our fears that amodu cannot take us to the semi-finals of the world cup. if only e go agree to work with henk ten cate, the man purportedly behind barcelona's resurgence of free flowing exquisite brand of progressful football, then maybe there's still hope. We are only concerned about the success of the team at the world cup. At least we should be able to hope that by the end of SA 2010 we would have surpassed the record of going farthest of any african team in the world cup.

Who are the star players in australia, who have been to only one world cup in their history?
you are the one underrating our endless pool of talent
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2009
snakova:

If you are really interested in Nigeria's success then you would agree with me that the nations cup would be the acid test for amodu's second reign as it was for the first and another below par performance would as well see him through the door. a win is a win, no matter the circumstances.but a loss, if not in the final( as in 2000) would not soothe the nerves of football loving Nigerians as it would all but confirm our fears that amodu cannot take us to the semi-finals of the world cup. if only e go agree to work with henk ten cate, the man purportedly behind barcelona's resurgence of free flowing exquisite brand of progressful football, then maybe there's still hope. We are only concerned about the success of the team at the world cup. At least we should be able to hope that by the end of SA 2010 we would have surpassed the record of going farthest of any african team in the world cup.

Who are the star players in australia, who have been to only one world cup in their history?
you are  the one underrating our endless pool of talent

I am all for the success of SE as well.

With the crop of players we have, I would regard a SF outing in ANC as decent, winning it would be wonderful but to hell with any fan that is demanding winning ANC as minimum.

For any fan that is demanding SF at WC as a must, I would quickly notify NAFDAC that something harmful has entered the Nigerian market. I would even petition Yaradua to reassign Akunyili to the role as the incumbent must be failing.

You must be joking if you did not know Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka of those days were top notch players. Mark Schwarzer, Tim Cahill, Brett Emerton, Josip Skoko, Stan Lazaridis, Vincenzo Grella, Zeljko Kalac, John Aloisi and Mark Bresciano were also very good players playing regular football for the top clubs in the top leagues.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by TexMex: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Absolutely amazing you are comparing Amodu with a daft, junk coach that took a junk mandate to take a junk team to the WC. That speaks volumes of Onigbinde's intelligence.

If the fact that Okocha realised that everyone around him is junk and he had to resort to his skills and one-man attempt on goal as tactical genius of the coach knocks me off my seat.

Onigbinde's junks lost 2 games and drew 1 with a team that had already qualified and would be avoiding injuries in a meaningless match, Amodu's team won 4 games and drew one (lost in extra-time) to a team that went on to the WC QFs.

SAGA, so ONIGBINDE's team is made up of junks and OKOCHA had to single-handedly rescue the team? Why didn't the same OKOCHA do the same during the ANC 2002 where  he was largely used as a sub? Even in his club then, he was a sub, and a certain BARTHOLOMEW OGBECHE (a countryman of his) was a regular (though he didn't click at the WC). ONIGBINDE's friendlies brought out the best in OKOCHA and from there he signed for BOLTON on  the eve of the WC.

Did you watch NIGERIA Vs SWEDEN match at WC 2002? Yeah, NIGERIA lost 2-1 but the game was clearly for NIGERIA. The team was severally denied by the woodwork. NIGERIA outplayed and outclassed SWEDEN and it wasn't a surprise that SWEDEN fell to SENEGAL at the very next round, and that enabled SENEGAL to qualify for the Quater Finals. In the match against ENGLAND, ONIGBINDE used his B team in order to give them exposure (since by then NIGERIA's exit was already confirmed). The B team featured VINCENT ENYEAMA in goal, a young JOHN UTAKA as poacher, JOSEPH YOBO in defence. The rest is history. If the team had been junks, we won't be witnessing the key roles those individuals played in later years while those that claimed they were junks have since packed up.

If someone wants to play 'Big-manism' (something you rail against) by claiming unprofessionally that his colleagues are junk, I don't think you should give him a hearing. I have never heard BECKHAM claiming upcoming youngsters are junk. Instead, the general refrain is: "he will improve with time".

You gloss over things by quoting statistics. It's with this same statistics you 're backing AMODU. I have no problem with that, but when you use it selectively, I 'm bothered. Have you tried to ask what A-teams has AMODU's wards played against and won? Under AMODU, the team (made up of the best era of SE) lost 1-0 in a friendly against ENGLAND in 1994/5 . Against ARGENTINA at KING FAHD CONTINENTAL CUP, the team also lost. Among the top-10 Teams, the only team AMODU has won is FRANCE. And we all know FRANCE is far from her glory days (needing a handball to qualify for the WC against IRELAND). To you, that game is a testimonial of AMODU's tactical aptitude. Under AMODU, the SE plays in a lethargic way. The presidential Team have testified on how they had to be calling on Prophet/Pastor TB JOSHUA for divine help. When GHANA's U-20 coach testified that TB JOSHUA had a hand in his team's success, the citizens called for his head. To them that was an admission of ineptitude.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
so you are saying kewell playing for gala is better than mikel at chelsea,viduka playing at God knows where is better than yak at everton, bresciano that hasn't had a descent contract in years is better than oba, aloisi who was from one second tier team to the other has more balls than osaze or ogbuke,lucas neill is better than yobo.don't consider the last one much. and dont even start comparing the talent,cos if its that, its unargurably on our side.by 2006 most of them had lost it.if wenger can use those kids to play so well,even though lose sometimes,why not us? sure he can select,but for God's sake in country of 140 million, football crazy fanatics everywhere,you still can't find a decent eleven? be objective as you claim you are.with a good tactician i believe nigeria would move mountains at the next world cup. its eleven against eleven. chelsea almost did it against an imperious barcelona. we could go the extra mile. mind you, in 94 which of our players where in top notch clubs? is it finidi at 93 ajax, or okocha at frankfurt, or iroha at vitesse, or yekini at setubal.if he is better than westerhof, he should prove it.bring us the trophy.if you keep on giving excuses,then you dont gat what it takes to succeed. winners always up to it. semi-final would just be another bitter disappointing run in angola. i believe the semi-final in SA is SE for the taking. wink
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
schwarzer in boro? give me a break. only cahill half baked. i still dont understand how a protagonist would support such ineptitude. always clueless. never in control. thinking that only prayer houses can help him succeed. just pray we scale through our group in angola cos i dey seriously fear mozambique.without hardwork, remember say juju no dey catch white man.and everybody get juju for africa. wink
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
TexMex:

SAGA, so ONIGBINDE's team is made up of junks and OKOCHA had to single-handedly rescue the team? Why didn't the same OKOCHA do the same during the ANC 2002 where  he was largely used as a sub? Even in his club then, he was a sub, and a certain BARTHOLOMEW OGBECHE (a countryman of his) was a regular (though he didn't click at the WC). ONIGBINDE's friendlies brought out the best in OKOCHA and from there he signed for BOLTON on  the eve of the WC.

And what did JJ do at the WC? Dribbled? Displayed? What did he achieve? What did the team achieve?

I can get you a ball juggler from Ajegunle that will dribble 5 players at once at the WC, that says nothing about the coaching ability or the team being good if the team is not delivering.

TexMex:

Did you watch NIGERIA Vs SWEDEN match at WC 2002? Yeah, NIGERIA lost 2-1 but the game was clearly for NIGERIA. The team was severally denied by the woodwork. NIGERIA outplayed and outclassed SWEDEN and it wasn't a surprise that SWEDEN fell to SENEGAL at the very next round, and that enabled SENEGAL to qualify for the Quater Finals. In the match against ENGLAND, ONIGBINDE used his B team in order to give them exposure (since by then NIGERIA's exit was already confirmed). The B team featured VINCENT ENYEAMA in goal, a young JOHN UTAKA as poacher, JOSEPH YOBO in defence. The rest is history. If the team had been junks, we won't be witnessing the key roles those individuals played in later years while those that claimed they were junks have since packed up.

If someone wants to play 'Big-manism' (something you rail against) by claiming unprofessionally that his colleagues are junk, I don't think you should give him a hearing. I have never heard BECKHAM claiming upcoming youngsters are junk. Instead, the general refrain is: "he will improve with time".

Mmmm!!!

And something is wrong with Amodu when we dominate Mozambique or Kenya but win "by only" one goal. Something is wrong with Amodu when we dominate Tunisia and draw because of player error.

But Onigbinde is a tactician when we dominate and lose.

And you talk about selective arguments?

Opabunmi - JUNK
Ejiofor - JUNK
Sodje - JUNK with a heart
Afolabi - JUNK
Ogbeche - JUNK
Justice - JUNK
Akwuegbu - MAJOR LEAGUE JUNK

That is what Onigbinde piled up to take to WC. Slowestpoke man.

TexMex:

You gloss over things by quoting statistics. It's with this same statistics you 're backing AMODU. I have no problem with that, but when you use it selectively, I 'm bothered. Have you tried to ask what A-teams has AMODU's wards played against and won? Under AMODU, the team (made up of the best era of SE) lost 1-0 in a friendly against ENGLAND in 1994/5 .

And SO WHAT?

- First game
- Under 2 months in charge, lousy or non-existent preparation
- Played well but lost marginally but he is not Onigbinde so I guess that does not count
- England had stronger players
- England played at home

And SO WHAT?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2009
TexMex:

Against ARGENTINA at KING FAHD CONTINENTAL CUP, the team also lost.

No, check your facts.

He drew nil-nil with them.

TexMex:

Among the top-10 Teams, the only team AMODU has won is FRANCE. And we all know FRANCE is far from her glory days (needing a handball to qualify for the WC against IRELAND).

Mourinho is a poo coach!!!

You know why?

Because he didn't win the WC.  undecided
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
snakova:

so you are saying kewell playing for gala is better than mikel at chelsea,viduka playing at God knows where is better than yak at everton, bresciano that hasn't had a descent contract in years is better than oba, aloisi who was from one second tier team to the other has more balls than osaze or ogbuke,lucas neill is better than yobo.don't consider the last one much. and dont even start comparing the talent,cos if its that, its unargurably on our side.by 2006 most of them had lost it.if wenger can use those kids to play so well,even though lose sometimes,why not us? sure he can select,but for God's sake in country of 140 million, football crazy fanatics everywhere,you still can't find a decent eleven? be objective as you claim you are.with a good tactician i believe nigeria would move mountains at the next world cup. its eleven against eleven. chelsea almost did it against an imperious barcelona. we could go the extra mile. mind you, in 94 which of our players where in top notch clubs? is it finidi at 93 ajax, or okocha at frankfurt, or iroha at vitesse, or yekini at setubal.if he is better than westerhof, he should prove it.bring us the trophy.if you keep on giving excuses,then you dont gat what it takes to succeed. winners always up to it. semi-final would just be another bitter disappointing run in angola. i believe the semi-final in SA is SE for the taking. wink

Honestly this guy, if you do not know and could not be bothered to check that Kewell was a top player at Liverpool then and Viduka was in Middlesborough to do your comparisons, me and you should not be discussing.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
Nations Cup Crisis Looms for Eagles

The dust of the controversial 32-man roster for Angola 2010 camp in Durban, South Africa continues to thicken as the national team assistant coaches have accused the Super Eagles coach Shaibu Amodu of running a one man show. Amodu is assisted in the national task by former internationals, Daniel Amokachi, Alloy Agu and Fatai Amoo. Checks by ThisDay exclusively revealed that the assistants are embittered and have complained to the technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) about Amodu's unilateral decision in drawing up the list without considering their views.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=162230
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by IYANGBALI: 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2009
the mumu coach don tell us what to expect in angola grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by profdee(m): 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2009
Amodu has been with the team since the inception of the qualifier so he can't give excuse on time. I think we should wait and c wat happens at the nations cup. Even if we don't win lets c good performance, i mean good football.javascript:void(0);
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by PastorOla1: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2009
He has failed already. If we can't make any thing from Angola, then we better forget making anthing out South Africa 2010. A coach without goal, aimless is not good 4 the Super Eagle
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Mannylex(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
Amodu said we shouldn't expect much in Angola, I know this is the worst thing a coach could say, but this is the same thing Michael Ballack said about the German national team and that he knows the team is not one of the favorites to win the world cup, we "Nigerians" were saying it was just a strategy to shift attention away from the German national team, so why can't we assume that it's the same thing Amodu is trying to do. From history, anytime Nigeria is not among the favorites, in a competition they spring up suprises(aside senior world cup), and whenever the players say we'll die for our country, we'll give them hell, they end up messing up big time. So let's just assume it's a strategy by Amodu to shift away attention from the super eagles, then come as the underdogs. Mind you, no coach goes into a competition with the plan of going there to fail. So let's give him a chance and stop the criticism. By the way action they say speak louder than words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Barcelona Vs Sevilla 5-4 – All (messi) Goals &highlights – Super Cup / Rare Picture Of Mohammed Ali With Little Michael Jackson / Naijawin247.com A New Betting Company To Beat Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.