Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu (4279 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Do Nigerians Expect Too Much From The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by soochukwu(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
Amodu has said it all,Almighty NFF Did you get the message?it`s better we get a couch with a winning mentality now so that the EAGLES won`t give us a DISGRACE of all time at the world stage,let the NC be testing ground for him before the world cup.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2009
Mannylex:

Amodu said we shouldn't expect much in Angola, I know this is the worst thing a coach could say, but this is the same thing Michael Ballack said about the German national team and that he knows the team is not one of the favorites to win the world cup, we "Nigerians" were saying it was just a strategy to shift attention away from the German national team, so why can't we assume that it's the same thing Amodu is trying to do. From history, anytime Nigeria is not among the favorites, in a competition they spring up suprises(aside senior world cup), and whenever the players say we'll die for our country, we'll give them hell, they end up messing up big time. So let's just assume it's a strategy by Amodu to shift away attention from the super eagles, then come as the underdogs. Mind you, no coach goes into a competition with the plan of going there to fail. So let's give him a chance and stop the criticism. By the way action they say speak louder than words.

Thank you.

If Mark Hughes is appointed now (he is now free to takeover the SE grin) and he said that, most of this critics would kpeme. grin

They wouldn't think he is managing unrealistic expectations, it is a "confirmation" he is declaring he is not fit for the job.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 12:13am On Dec 20, 2009
Man U need to sack Alex Ferguson NOW!

The man is clueless.

They are losing and he is chewing gum like mumu on sidelines. grin

Fulham thrashed them 3 goals to nothing with a horrible midfield.

Imagine even ordinary Besiktas beat them 1-0 at Old Trafford, and CSKA Moscow drew 3-3 with them at home at well.

It is obvious this man can not motivate the players. grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Olami90: 2:56am On Dec 20, 2009
I dont xpect such a stupid and discouraging statement 4rm him.Let him just go there to feed his big eye balls.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by moonraker(m): 12:15am On Dec 23, 2009
looking at this saga from a neutral point of view,

i seriously think that amodu shd remain as coach of SE

the players we hv right now are not that fantastic, truth be told,
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2009
moonraker:

looking at this saga from a neutral point of view,

i seriously think that amodu shd remain as coach of SE

the players we hv right now are not that fantastic, truth be told,

You might want to take a look at this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370005.0.html
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2009
@Sagamite
- England had stronger players

Same England that could not qualify for USA 94?

- England played at home

So what? That was a super eagles team that ranked among top 10 in the world then
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 12:52am On Dec 24, 2009
deb:

@Sagamite
Same England that could not qualify for USA 94?

Mate, because a team does not qualify for WC  does not imply they are weaker than the one that qualified. Especially when the former did not qualify in Europe and the latter qualified outside Europe or South America.

Are you saying Honduras, North Korea or New Zealand are stronger teams than Russia or even Croatia?

This comparison is even tame because England was not a good team (like the 2 above) that did not qualify, it was a big team that did not qualify.

deb:

So what? That was a super eagles team that ranked among top 10 in the world then

FIFA rankings is at best indicative. It is crap in the normative as it leaves out a lot of facts (this was necessarily done for pragmatism) in its methodology.

More fundamentally important, the rankings was in its infancy when Nigeria was rated very highly so very recent performances carried a lot of weighting. There has been a lot more changes to the methodology since then. As much as it made us feel good, lets be realistic we were not the 5th best team in the world.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by chidichris(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2009
Couldn't agree with him more.

1) Expect no miracles, it is not a Redemption Camp taking place on Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Nigeria is not one of the best 3 teams in Africa, so don't assume you would or are entitled to win the ANC. If you do win, dance till the cows come home as you just saw exceptionality.

2) A semi-final berth is a good performance based on the quality of players we have when compared to the likes of CIV, Cameroun or Ghana.

3) The only way to compete with teams that have better players and even better teamwork than you is to enhance your teamworking capability and hunger on the pitch, the latter the SE are still months behind on.

@sagamite,
i love and i love amodu. what both of u are telling nigerians are just the truth but it is really unfortunate that both of u are dealing with a group of people who hate the truth.
from the day amodu took over the SE, i lost hope in the SE. if there are ppl who are still hoping in any miracle, pls loose that hope as u have heard it from the dog's mouth.
to me, amodu like he said has no target in the ANC rather he is working towards breaking the record of being the first african country to win the world cup.
sagamite, so in over 150 million nigerians, amodu does not have enough time to get a 23 man squard who can give nigerians the miracle?
if a foreigner(westerholf) can get a super eagle in nigeria, amodu has not reason to be a coach if he cannot.
outside the corrupt system of nigeria, amodu can only be a linesman in football that is if he is medically fit.
if we are not expecting any miracle from him and his boys, why are we spending our resources and time on that competition and what business do we have in SA2010?
this is a better reason why his salary shld be further reduced to what i don't know.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2009
chidichris:

@sagamite,
i love and i love amodu. what both of u are telling nigerians are just the truth but it is really unfortunate that both of u are dealing with a group of people who hate the truth.
from the day amodu took over the SE, i lost hope in the SE. if there are ppl who are still hoping in any miracle, pls loose that hope as u have heard it from the dog's mouth.
to me, amodu like he said has no target in the ANC rather he is working towards breaking the record of being the first african country to win the world cup.
sagamite, so in over 150 million nigerians, amodu does not have enough time to get a 23 man squard who can give nigerians the miracle?
if a foreigner(westerholf) can get a super eagle in nigeria, amodu has not reason to be a coach if he cannot.
outside the corrupt system of nigeria, amodu can only be a linesman in football that is if he is medically fit.
if we are not expecting any miracle from him and his boys, why are we spending our resources and time on that competition and what business do we have in SA2010?
this is a better reason why his salary shld be further reduced to what i don't know.

If that is the logic level you want to debate at, then there is no point me starting with you.

I would rather waste my time going to India and asking them why they can not get 23 men to win the FIFA WC.

And even Cricket

And even Rugby

And even Tennis

undecided
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
@Sagamite

Your mind is made up on Amodu being a 'great' coach no matter what anybody says so I think it is really really a waste of time
to debate anything with you.

Majority of soccer fans in Nigeria are angry with a man who indirectly says that he is not capable of delivering the job we have entrusted in his hands successfully and you are practically telling us that we are not thinking right by asking him to quit. Man, no matter what he has achieved, Amodu has made a 'murderous' statement by asking us not to expect anything special. If truly you understand what the concept of good leadership is, you will not be holding the position you are right now. Leadership skill is important to succeeding in any endeavor you embark on and that is greatly lacking in Amodu. His utterances are enough for any sane man to know. Its so sad that he is the head coach of a senior National team of any nation sad and that happens to be Nigeria.

A sports Journalist friend of mine by the name Godwin Enaghena is a great supporter of Amodu but the day Amodu made the unguarded utterance of us not expecting anything special from him, I was greatly surprised at the U-turn Godwin made on Amodu's capability to handle the national team and my surprise is as a result of the fact that he (Godwin) had initially expressed his undying support for Amodu as the national coach before then. I will call the likes of Godwin logical supporters and not the type that has made up their mind like you Sagamite
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2009
deb:

@Sagamite

Your mind is made up on Amodu being a 'great' coach no matter what anybody says so I think it is really really a waste of time
to debate anything with you.

Seriously?

It would be interesting to see where you saw me state such.

deb:

Majority of soccer fans in Nigeria are angry with a man who indirectly says that he is not capable of delivering the job we have entrusted in his hands successfully and you are practically telling us that we are not thinking right by asking him to quit. Man, no matter what he has achieved, Amodu has made a 'murderous' statement by asking us not to expect anything special. If truly you understand what the concept of good leadership is, you will not be holding the position you are right now. Leadership skill is important to succeeding in any endeavor you embark on and that is greatly lacking in Amodu. His utterances are enough for any sane man to know. Its so sad that he is the head coach of a senior National team of any nation sad and that happens to be Nigeria.

A sports Journalist friend of mine by the name Godwin Enaghena is a great supporter of Amodu but the day Amodu made the unguarded utterance of us not expecting anything special from him, I was greatly surprised at the U-turn Godwin made on Amodu's capability to handle the national team and my surprise is as a result of the fact that he (Godwin) had initially expressed his undying support for Amodu as the national coach before then. I will call the likes of Godwin logical supporters and not the type that has made up their mind like you Sagamite

If you understood psychology, then you might see the benefit of him stating such to a ridiculous nation of supporters.

To me, it was just too apt.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by chidichris(m): 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2009
@sagamite,
where was, where is and where will super eagles be in the fifa ranking.
the man u see as ur hero has succeeded in killing the spirit of soccer in many nigerian fans.
what he is doing is what every other idiot can do selecting established players and allowing them to play anyhow they want.
what partern does ur coach play? such man is surposed to be a farmer.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
chidichris:

@sagamite,
where was, where is and where will super eagles be in the fifa ranking.
the man u see as your hero has succeeded in killing the spirit of soccer in many nigerian fans.
what he is doing is what every other slowpoke can do selecting established players and allowing them to play anyhow they want.
what partern does your coach play? such man is surposed to be a farmer.

The pattern of scoring lots of goals, conceding little, winning most matches and never losing any.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by chidichris(m): 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
The pattern of scoring lots of goals, conceding little, winning most matches and never losing any.

@sagamite,
is this ur dream super eagles? is this the best super eagles nigeria has ever had? do you think the eagles have landed?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Sagamite(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
chidichris:

@sagamite,
is this your dream super eagles? is this the best super eagles nigeria has ever had? do you think the eagles have landed?

Are you saying they are not scoring lots of goals, conceding little, winning most matches and never losing any under Amodu?
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2009
Eagles to leave on Wednesday

Nigeria’s national team will fly out of the country for their pre-Nations Cup training camp in Durban on Wednesday.

Most of the players are already in the country and will be at Monday’s Appreciation Dinner being staged in their honour by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Head coach Shaibu Amodu has called up 32 players who will do battle for the 23 slots available for the tournament that will take place in Angola 10-31 January.

The squad will camp at the Riverside Hotel and Spa near Durban and will be there for eight days before flying to Luanda and on to Benguela for their Group C campaign of Africa’s most prestigious football championship.

The Eagles play Cup holders Egypt in their first session on January 12, before taking on Benin Republic on January 16.

The team will then travel to Lubango for their final Group C tie against the Mambas of Mozambique on January 20.

THE FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama, Bamidele Aiyenugba, Austin Ejide, Greg Etafia, Bassey Akpan

Defenders: Taye Taiwo, Joseph Yobo, Elderson Echiejile, Ayodele Adeleye, Danny Shittu, Obinna Nwaneri, Onyekachi Apam, Chidi Odiah, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Yusuf Mohammed, Olubayo Adefemi

Midfielders: Dickson Etuhu, Sani Kaita, Bartholomew Ibenegbu, Oluwaseyi Olofinjana, Mikel Obi, Nwankwo Kanu, Yusuf Ayila, Kalu Uche, Olufemi Ajilore

Strikers: Osaze Odemwingie, Obafemi Martins, Chinedu Obasi, Michael Eneramo, Joseph Akpala, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Obinna Nsofor

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13004
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2009
Are you saying they are not scoring lots of goals, conceding little, winning most matches and never losing any under Amodu?

Angola and the world cup are both nearby. Lets see if they will justify your statement above.
I think with the above quoted comments and also judging by the way Super Chicken Eagles are playing currently, we should win
both the Nation's cup and the World cup since we conceded less, we win most matches and above all we don't lose matches under
Amodu. Anyone to second that? Please think very well before you second my comment o because you also have to remember that Super
Chicken Eagles under Amodu can hardly hold on to a lead without their opponent equalizing once or twice.
Simply a heart-attack S.Eagles grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Borat1: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2009
Amodu will be sacked by the same NFF that gave him the vote of confidence
whether or not he delivers at the nations cup
Its stupid to sack a coach a few weeks to a competition,
I know the NFF comprise of a stu.pid lot but you've got to give them a lil credit
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by snakova(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2009
if not politics you want to use the over-weight and immobile shittu in place of dele adeleye, the man that stopped ribery (olubayo) not included, and the possibility of removing obasi instead of eneramo. just imagine, and u still want to argue that its our best from just the 32. mind you westerhof did not meet ready made stars all playing in europe. he made most of our golden generation of the 90's what they became. u claim he had 5 years but if you are sincere you would agree that the profile of his 22 to the 94 nation's cup can't in any way be compared to that of amodu's present squad. in his first tournament (90) naija went all the way to the final, losing to the hosts via an alloy agu mistake.amodu could have still gotten a better squad if he was really interested in success and not just keeping his job,with prayer warriors and babalawo's on call. check out victor moses. please be pragmatic.its just ten days to the tourney. i can almost confidently say that angola is an uphill task.we should start looking ahead to the world cup,and stop blind support of incompetence.17-1. great,serbia also had a similar run in germany 2006 qualifying,only to lose all three group matches.if you fail to dream,then you shouldn't compete,cos you already lost.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2010
dom coach, from his statement he shldnt be d one to take us to world cup. all other african countries same limited time to play together. if dat is d case why cant he use the home base. siasia will never make such mumucious statement
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by FBS: 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
Lulu Calls For Faith, Prayers

NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi has exhorted the generality of Nigerians continue to have faith in the Super Eagles as the team countenances two major international competitions in the coming year.

Speaking at the historic Appreciation Dinner organized for the team by the NFF at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on Monday, the NFF boss also reiterated the need for prayers so the team can wade through the tough battles ahead.

“I wish to implore the generality of our people to continue to have faith and confidence in the Nigeria team, and also to continue to pray fervently for the success of the team as we enter a very crucial year in which we have plenty to celebrate”, he said.

http://www.nigeriaff.com/Newsdisplay.php?ID=30
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by chidichris(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2010

@sagamite,
with game so far played, i think we have reasons to reason along with ur retarded brains.
amodu was man of the match on that fateful day when nigeria flogged egypt in angola.
look at his tactical change that saw mikel off and kanu came in to do the last miracle that sent egypt crashing.
mumu, pls grow up so that u will not die in ignorance.
amodu can do better as a farmer than a coach.
Re: Don't Expect Too Much In Angola- Amodu by deb(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Barcelona Vs Sevilla 5-4 – All (messi) Goals &highlights – Super Cup / Week 4: Uk Pool No. -3- Surebanker / Female Bikers: Check Out This Hefty Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.