Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,958 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Lagos Teachers can't speak English language - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Teachers can't speak English language (13606 Views)

Think You Can Speak English Fluently, Try This.... / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by netotse(m): 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
i have more of them. . .

the teachers had to be translating what we were saying to them, they said they dare not beat the children for coming late or being dirty or anything cos if they do the children will just stop coming to school.

@becomerich
thats the north that is enjoying o!
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
Show me prove that is Niger state school. ? you have not.?

nigeria future has a civil war in it.  Look put any nigerian who is above the age of 40 under a polygraph , if he knows nigeria politics very well.  You would discovery that I am telling you the truth. There would be civil war if we do not remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic.

You have to forget that Jonathan is vice president. Jonathan is just 1 man in over 70,000,000. Dont care about if Jonathan have the desire to be president.  Forget Jonathan personnal dream. The lifes of 15,000,000 people is more than Jonathan desire  or my dream. Save your life if you can. 90% of ijaw people would tell you, they would prefer to join Benin republic  than be part of Nigeria. That why the ijaws have been bombing up the pipeline.

They want to leave Nigeria, jonathan may not, but the ijaws do not care for Jonathan dreams or Yar adua politics of going for vacation . The ijaws would prefer to be part of benin republic than been part of Nigeria. I knows this.  forget my personnal desire or yar adua desire or jonathan desire. what matter the most is the lifes of the people.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

That is what makes me angry when I read people on nairaland talking about presidency as if having one will change the lives of the people. Imagine a primary school in the home state of IBB who ruled Nigeria for a whooping 8 years yet his kinsmen's children cannot sit down properly in their schools.

Are you sure that is not photoshopped because I've never seen a school where kids sit on the floor in school like that?.

Go to the Federal Ministry of Education's site to see WORSE pictures. These are not photoshopped pictures. I saw a school with collapsing roof, still in use in my area. I was alarmed and people thought I was crazy and delusional for thinking the structure might collapse on the kids one day. lol
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
if i look at the school and pictures. Yellow paint, tell me , that may be a lagos state school. All modashiru school ( in lagos state.)was yellow in colour. And the roof of the school give me the information, you may be telling me a lie.  That looks more like a lagos state school than niger state.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Go to the Federal Ministry of Education's site to see WORSE pictures. These are not photoshopped pictures. I saw a school with collapsing roof, still in use in my area. I was alarmed and people thought I was crazy and delusional for thinking the structure might collapse on the kids one day. lol

I still can't believe that we are so heartless as to allow kids learn in such environment. Even if the government will not repair roads and other things, what is the big deal in putting common furniture in schools and using cement or wood to cover the floor so they will not get bacteria and viral infection from the sand?. What is the big deal?. IBB ought to be ashamed of himself and his generation. Can't he at least donate small change to make over primary schools in Niger state?
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by MrCrackles(m): 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I still can't believe that we are so heartless as to allow kids learn in such environment. Even if the government will not repair roads and other things, what is the big deal in  putting common furniture in schools and using cement or wood to cover the floor so they will not get bacteria and viral infection from the sand?. What is the big deal?. IBB ought to be ashamed of himself and his generation. Can't he at least donate small change to make over primary schools in Niger state?
Welcome to Nigeria. . .
It is pathetic isnt it. . .
Talk about inhumane treatment meted out on a large scale in an environment where learning and comfort levels should be of high importance!
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I still can't believe that we are so heartless as to allow kids learn in such environment. Even if the government will not repair roads and other things, what is the big deal in putting common furniture in schools and using cement or wood to cover the floor so they will not get bacteria and viral infection from the sand?. What is the big deal?. IBB ought to be ashamed of himself and his generation. Can't he at least donate small change to make over primary schools in Niger state?

must see

[url]http://www.fme.gov.ng/initiatives/viewallpic.asp?folder=all_schools
[/url]
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by muhsin(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2009
I really, really thank God.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
muhsin:

I really, really thank God.

Thank God for what?. For our children studying in these conditions?
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
if that is the picture of a school in niger state, it tell you, the oil money goes a few, and you see why we need to break up nigeria. it does not affect lifes and we may manage nigeria better if you remove the yorubas, edo, delta  and bayalsa into benin republic  that way it is easy to manage.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

must see

[url]http://www.fme.gov.ng/initiatives/viewallpic.asp?folder=all_schools
[/url]

The first picture is better. I think they have a nice structure but could be outside because of repairs or over population and they have desks but the 2nd picture is horrendous.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2009
Jesus christ , things have become bad from the days I went to school. I pity you people.

Look when I enter the university of ilorin, we had phone in the halls and we got toilet paper  I think every week. I cant remember, even some of our seniors feeding was paid for.

The engineering halls then was bigger than universities over here.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by MrCrackles(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by MrCrackles(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
becomrich,:

Jesus christ , things have become bad from the days I went to school. I pity you people.

[b]Look when I enter the university of ilorin, we had phone in the halls
and we got toilet paper[/b]  I think every week. I cant remember, even some of our seniors feeding was paid for.
What has phones got to do with having a decent building and classroom environment to learn?
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
ryerson university is smaller than the engineering portion of the university of ilorin when i was there.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2009
This one is better save that heat will be too much in the classroom because of the roof.

Ekameta high school Ekiti state.

http://www.fme.gov.ng/initiatives/viewallpic.asp?folder=all_schools

Adamawa high school, better still.

Adamawa school[Atiku's home state]
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by MrCrackles(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
becomrich,:

ryerson university is smaller than the engineering portion of the university of ilorin when i was there.
Becomrich we dont want to know. . . .The issue at hand is the situation of education in Nigeria?
The poor quality of teaching facilities and incompetence of teachers. . . .
Can you proffer solutions on what can be done to improve the situation?
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2009

Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2009
i feel for those kids!
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Justcash(m): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/209758_cds_jpgb2fd3b4ffa6e6625cdf723fad6816f53

Did you check the floor of that building?. It's like sand. Let me hear this igbo people here complain about negligence in the federal character because they have better schools than this at least.

Guy There was no need for "Let me hear this igbo people here complain about negligence" It is a general problem. There are very bad schools in the East too. Don't provoke any ethnic debate.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2009

Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Justcash:

Guy There was no need for "Let me hear this igbo people here complain about negligence" It is a general problem. There are very bad schools in the East too. Don't provoke any ethnic debate.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by idomababe(f): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2009
i can't stop tears from flowing on looking @ those picture,, can anybody learn in that environment, , its just so sad, i live in the middlebelt now , i grew up in lagos, schooled in yola and  i know it wasn't this bad.

The schools are bad everywhere , north , east, west , and south, and its going to get worst , cos those guys on the floor are going to be teachers tomorrow and guess what they will teach.

JSS 1 n 2 kids can't speak english , tell me how did they get into high school.

As it is now you can't find good staff, , everybody has 1st class, but can't speak proper english.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2009
I promises you, when I become president, I would never use your money to go for medical treatment abroad. NEVER while other Nigerian are suffering.

This is the sign of a good leader.

On education.

New facilities and teacher training. That what we need need. I would go with Awolowo method. And I would make it impossible for government workers to have thier children in private school.

Nobody should work for the government if he cant use the facilities.

Which school is your governor children going to?   30% of the budget would go for education.  I would cut down on defend. People who have no food do not need weapon.

I would make it impossible for government worker to travel abroad and I would bring in white man to train nigerian in nigeria.That way they can teach more nigerian, and not a few.  which was what they use to do before. Not this vacation training now.

I would build houses for the teachers. Govt housing would only be for govt teachers first before others. Rent free.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
idomababe:

i can't stop tears from flowing on looking @ those picture,, can anybody learn in that environment, ,  its just so sad,  i live in the middlebelt now , i grew up in lagos, schooled in yola and  i know it wasn't this bad.

The schools are bad everywhere , north , east, west , and south,  and its going to get worst , cos those guys on the floor are going to be teachers tomorrow and guess what they will teach.

JSS 1 n 2 kids can't speak english , tell me how did they get into high school.

As it is now you can't find good staff,  ,  everybody has 1st class, but can't speak proper english.
It was that bad except you had desks. You are looking at them now because your eyes are conditioned to normal schools in Europe and US making our own look like a cesspool.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by MrCrackles(m): 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2009
becomrich,:

I promises you, when I become president, I would never use your money to go for medical treatment abroad. NEVER while other Nigerian are suffering.
This is the sign of a good leader.
Are you sure?
Well i will vote for you on that condition. . .and also if you appoint me as the head of mapo-restructuring Nigeria as well as a board member in the department of mapo-strategising the mapo-nomics of Nigeria with a view to making Nigeria a better place! wink
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Justcash(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
I like becomerich for one thing. He makes me want to get "HIGH" too.  grin

Weed in action.  grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2009
I have to be honest with you, I never went to shit school like this, even I doubt if there were school like this before. Jesus christ, and you people have president, senators and governor?? jesus,

How do your president, senators and governor live??

show me pictures.  ?
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
What weed are you on, who do you think would stop me from becoming president. Who?? Do you think yar adua can stop me he cant.

have you seen the pictures coming from the north that yar adua did not do shit.

Why do you think I call my slogan Operation Say NO to BARAWO.

Northerner knows their leaders are thieves too.

Do you think they do not want to send thier children to good school? what are you talking about. but the time I get rid of all of this BARAWO, you would see the different.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by becomrich15: 6:22pm On Dec 18, 2009
When I told you that the north use to generate income before now, you may not believe. It is before the leaders in the north became bad. Now they do not think like balewa and others on how to generate income or make thier people lifes better.

They marry new wife and give thier children to rich northerner while others suffer. And you said I cant be president. Watch and see.   I intend to post all bribes and disgrace any barawo who try to run with me until I become president. Sowore is ready.
Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by Justcash(m): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
Spot the difference  wink

Re: Lagos Teachers can't speak English language by AloyEmeka9: 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
becomrich,:

When I told you that the north use to generate income before now, you may not believe. It is before the leaders in the north became bad. Now they do not think like balewa and others on how to generate income or make thier people lifes better.

They marry new wife and give thier children to rich northerner while others suffer. And you said I cant be president. Watch and see.
   I intend to post all bribes and disgrace any barawo who try to run with me until I become president. Sowore is ready.
wink wink wink wink Are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniben Remita RRR Code Generation/payment – How It Work / Covenant University 17th Anniversary Is Today / About Futminna Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.