Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

*~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! (3992 Views)

Poll: Who is the TOP Poster of the Year!

Sagamite: 28% (14 votes)
Honeric01: 10% (5 votes)
Dr Kit: 8% (4 votes)
tkb417: 18% (9 votes)
Rasputinn: 32% (16 votes)
OW11: 4% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan Sacks The Sports Minister / *~ Marutimon Voted Sports Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ibime:

You lots are having a bubble. OW11 should be repping on the list of nominees in this section.

As for Sagamite, he's a foreign import. I doubt he knows the current managers of 3SC and/or Kano Pillars are.
Ibime, you don come again oo!  grin  grin  grin Because the guy is from Pora-court? grin

Oya Sagamite, it's your call!

I want to see this battle!  cheesy grin
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by AndreUweh(m): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2009
My vote should go to FBS.
@FBS, why are you not on the list?.
FBS, you are a blessing to sports particularly football.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by DrKitaun(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
See me see wahala . . . shocked

e remain small make I no even see this thread . . .

way to go FBS, JARUS,HONERIC01, TKB417, SAGAMITE, IBIME and AKOLAWOLE even if not consistent
I vote u all !!!

It takes only the deep to call on the deep . . .thats why only very deep people aside supporting their foreign clubs know the on-goings in our National team system, local clubs, and International footie.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
FBS:

Ibime, you don come again oo!  grin  grin  grin Because the guy is from Pora-court?  grin

Oya Sagamite, it's your call!

I want to see this battle!  cheesy grin

No mind the Yeye man.  grin

Shooting Stars - Ajibade Babalade
Kano Pillars - Salisu Yussuf

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=2pt]Wikipowers![/size]
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

See me see wahala . . . shocked

e remain small make I no even see this thread . . .

way to go FBS, JARUS,HONERIC01, TKB417, SAGAMITE, IBIME and AKOLAWOLE even if not consistent
I vote u all !!!

It takes only the deep to call on the deep . . .thats why only very deep people aside supporting their foreign clubs know the on-goings in our National team system, local clubs, and International footie.

No mind them, na you win the election, Kitaun cheesy cheesy
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
Sagamite:

No mind the Yeye man.  grin

Shooting Stars - Ajibade Babalade
Kano Pillars - Salisu Yussuf

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=2pt]Wikipowers![/size]

You saw it, I saw it, heck we all knew it. Wiki does wonders! grin

Ibime, over to you! tongue
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
And by popular demand Ibime you owe me one  grin Monsieur OW11 will contest the election!

Any objection from the house?
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by honeric01(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
uhm, i am honored, thanks for even considering me. anyways, i just do my best and what i do is what i have passion for.

and to all nominees, wishing you all a merry Xmas in advance
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by tkb417(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
i agree Ow11 should be there
na correct guy

whts Ibimes name doing on that list? grin
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by mamagee3(f): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2009
Sagamite all the way!!!!
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by AndreUweh(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2009
mama-gee:

Sagamite all the way!!!!
He is a good poster no doubt about it, but he has been hunting some fellows for now. The other day, he was all over the place looking for Nchara to devour.
A winner has to be a role model.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by platinumnk(f): 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
Vote for me I vote for u!! grin grin
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Andre Uweh:

He is a good poster no doubt about it, but he has been hunting some fellows for now. The other day, he was all over the place looking for Nchara to devour.
A winner has to be a role model.

My friend, did we celebrities  grin ask or apply for a role model position?

Your Papa should be your role model, no be me.

(Off topic) I hate it when people demand others to act a certain way because they are role models. Raise your kids to see you as role model. A footballer or any other celebrity has a right to live his life the way he wants to. And have sin assemblies (i.e. NL's slang for "Or Gee" grin) if he wants to as long as he is not breaking the law. He only wants to play football, don't appoint him to a role he did not subscribe for.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by supereagle(m): 2:33am On Dec 22, 2009
SAGAMITE NI O. He's not a foreign import.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:33am On Dec 22, 2009
No be na wa, na real wa! To be frank, I'm surprised I got a nomination on this board. Why you may ask - simply because I hardly post here. This explains why I'm just seeing this thread at this moment despite the fact that I've been coming online everyday and posting regularly in other sections (If I had known earlier, I would have dragged all my hommies in the phone, literature and computer sections to come and vote for me here grin) . I only started coming to this section in the last 3/4 months or there about of this year, I don't support any football club and hence I hardly post in the football sub-board (don't think I've posted in that subsection more than 10 times this year) and I only post in this section just some days before, during or after any of our National team matches or sometimes just on some topical issues concerning our National teams. I doubt if any of the regular posters on this board know me sef. I think my Nairaland User Statistics says it all.

Nonetheless, I'm flattered and honoured by the nomination but IMHO, Sagamite deserves the award by a mile. He's the most analytical fellow I've come across in my short stay and participation on this board and I suspect he's psychic cos he speaks my mind on the major issues all the time. Hmm, Honeric01, dominique and the Mod, FBS are also worthy of mention.

Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by rasputinn(m): 4:06am On Dec 22, 2009
FBS:

And by popular demand Ibime you owe me one  grin Monsieur OW11 will contest the election!

Any objection from the house?

None sir,good for democracy
From what I've observed about the other mods conducting similar polls on other sections,FBS is some notches above most others in terms of fairness
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by rasputinn(m): 4:13am On Dec 22, 2009
BTW I hope Warri Wolves bounce back to the top of the premier league.They conceded in the 90th minute to Enyimba @ Oghara due purely to inexperience and tactical indiscipline
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by honeric01(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2009
rasputinn:

BTW I hope Warri Wolves bounce back to the top of the premier league.They conceded in the 90th minute to Enyimba @ Oghara due purely to inexperience and tactical indiscipline

yes, it was a bad time to concede, cletus Itodo didn't show mercy at all by scoring the winning goal that shot Enyimba up the table.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2009
rasputinn:

honeric01:

yes, it was a bad time to concede, cletus Itodo didn't show mercy at all by scoring the winning goal that shot Enyimba up the table.

Bros you both are off topic  tongue grin
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2009
semid4lyfe:

No be na wa, na real wa! To be frank, I'm surprised I got a nomination on this board. Why you may ask - simply because I hardly post here. This explains why I'm just seeing this thread at this moment despite the fact that I've been coming online everyday and posting regularly in other sections (If I had known earlier, I would have dragged all my hommies in the phone, literature and computer sections to come and vote for me here grin) . I only started coming to this section in the last 3/4 months or there about of this year, I don't support any football club and hence I hardly post in the football sub-board (don't think I've posted in that subsection more than 10 times this year) and I only post in this section just some days before, during or after any of our National team matches or sometimes just on some topical issues concerning our National teams. I doubt if any of the regular posters on this board know me sef. I think my Nairaland User Statistics says it all.

Nonetheless, I'm flattered and honoured by the nomination but IMHO, Sagamite deserves the award by a mile. He's the most analytical fellow I've come across in my short stay and participation on this board and I suspect he's psychic cos he speaks my mind on the major issues all the time. Hmm, Honeric01, dominique and the Mod, FBS are also worthy of mention.
@Semid4lyfe
Well I don't know why your name was included (actually I did)  but I felt you contributed fairly on this board. Now that you have proved otherwise can I strike out your name?  grin

Any objection from the house!
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by honeric01(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2009
FBS:

@Semid4lyfe
Well I don't know why your name was included (actually I did)  but I felt you contributed fairly on this board. Now that you have proved otherwise can I strike out your name?  grin

Sure, he just proved to you that his inclusion was not merited, maybe you should ask all the nominees to provide a screenshot of what semid4lyfe just provided for fairness (including or-mua tongue)
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by tkb417(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2009
we should have a poll for the best MOD of the year

FBS is the best MOD ive seen

he shd be a super MOD. Some MODs shd be demoted to posters or delisted abeg

nice job

see coordination grin cheesy

my Best MOD nominees are

FBS
JARUS
DEBOSKY ( although this one get small crase)
IICE

and the winner is
FBS

maybe i shd open a thread for that sef undecided
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by Jarus(m): 9:04am On Dec 22, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Much as I do not know much about your activities here, I don't think the number of posts you have here or the number of hours you spend here determine your meriting a nomination. It's more of the value of your contribution and the passion than the quantity. I may also not be a top poster here but I know I'm usually one of the earliest and consistent contributors and in fact a regular thread starter on Nigerian football, especially the during the raging debates on Mikel Obi, Super Eagles, world-classness of our players, Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo etc. To this end, I'm not totally surprised Dr. Kit noticed my humble efforts and mentioned me for nomination, even though it is obvious that somebody like Sagamite(who got my vote anyway) is more deserving of it, being a resident contributor rather than those of us that only buzzed in only when SE have matches or there is a raging debate. So for that same reason somebody like Dr. Kit mentioned my name, FBS could also have been noticing your valuable, rather than quantitative, contributions. The number of posts is not that important. You deserve it.

tkb417:

nice job

my Best MOD nominees are

FBS
JARUS
IICE

and the winner is
FBS

grin
Don't worry. It's in the pipeline. We Mods and Admin really mean it this year. We've held meetings on it, and concluded that it's coming into two batches. The general awards will come up after the sectional awards and the results will be officially published. Among the general awards are the best Mod award. Just watch out.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2009
tkb417:

nice job

my Best MOD nominees are

FBS
JARUS
IICE

and the winner is
FBS

*Ori mi wu e. . .*  grin

@tkb417, emi lo pon le ba yi abi na yeye you dey do?  cheesy grin
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by tkb417(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2009
Nice one Jarus

thank God for people like you and FBS

brilliant chaps

FBS
Not joking

You, Jarus, debosky and IICE are doing well
you guys need to be recognised too

my crizzle too. I think Crizzle deserves a special award for her deep knowledge in soccer and the way shes been handling able bodied men in that place.

nyways, Jarus, we are waiting for the award o

u guys are doing good
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by Sagamite(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Prime example of one of those that I said I liked but can not vouch for over a whole year. I only started noticing the name after the final WCQ match against Kenya.

Never seen him before, obviously I don't visit the Phones section.  grin

FBS:

@Semid4lyfe

Absolutely not. Quality, not quantity is the correct assessment.

If he can pull 16% of votes already with limited contributions then that shows he needs to be on the shortlist.
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by ow11(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
I concur!! FBS is a hard working mod, cleaning up the multiple threads on the home page and all. . . .You get my vote for mod of the year!!
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2009
Jarus:

Much as I do not know much about your activities here, I don't think the number of posts you have here or the number of hours you spend here determine your meriting a nomination. It's more of the value of your contribution and the passion than the quantity.  So for that same reason somebody like Dr. Kit mentioned my name, FBS could also have been noticing your valuable, rather than quantitative, contributions. The number of posts is not that important. You deserve it.

Thanks, but even going by your criteria for the nomination (which I have highlighted above), I think there are more deserving peeps than me. Maybe I would have made a 10 man nominees list but a list of 6? I don't think so. Thanks all the same.

Sagamite:

Prime example of one of those that I said I liked but can not vouch for over a whole year. I only started noticing the name after the final WCQ match against Kenya.

Haba! I've been posting on this board long before our final WCQ against Kenya. BTw, the feeling is mutual.

Absolutely not. Quality, not quantity is the correct assessment.

If he can pull 16% of votes already with limited contributions then that shows he needs to be on the shortlist.

Thanks, but there are others more deserving

@ topic
At last, justice and fairness has prevailed and my name has been substituted in the nominees list.

Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by tkb417(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
FBS
pls, how you air our grieviances against some over zealous mods on this forum?

our points and criticisms (even urs) against Crizzle were deleted

This forum will never grow if this acts continues

this is why some whites feel we can never progress in this continent

its a shame
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by FBS: 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2009
tkb417:

FBS
pls, how you air our grieviances against some over zealous mods on this forum?

our points and criticisms (even urs) against Crizzle were deleted

This forum will never grow if this acts continues

this is why some whites feel we can never progress in this continent

its a shame
tkb417, I don't even know how to respond to this but I will try. cheesy
You will agree that this election palava was meant to be fun with nothing attached but things merely got out of hand due to the approach taken by the mod. I'm sure she never meant it that way.
On my own part, I guess I shouldn't have criticized her in public. The Mod in me "should" have at least kept quiet (since really, this election of a thing is NOTHING) but the ordinary poster in me could not resist. It was a bad move on my part. If I couldn't stand by her, I could have just stayed away from the thread.

At the end of the day, you will realise that we are all different.
Hope you understand. wink smiley
Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by semid4lyfe(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2009
Guys, I've gotten my nomination where I truly deserve - The Phone Section. Abeg, make una go vote for me there. Click on link below and vote For ME grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370018.0.html

Re: *~ Rasputinn Voted for The Sports Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! by DrKitaun(m): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2009
FBS:

tkb417, I don't even know how to respond to this but I will try.  cheesy
You will agree that this election palava was meant to be fun with nothing attached but things merely got out of hand due to the approach taken by the mod. I'm sure she never meant it that way.
On my own part, I guess I shouldn't have criticized her in public. The Mod in me "should" have at least kept quiet (since really, this election of a thing is NOTHING) but the ordinary poster in me could not resist. It was a bad move on my part. If I couldn't stand by her, I could have just stayed away from the thread.

At the end of the day, you will realise that we are all different.
Hope you understand.  wink  smiley

The truth of the matter is; only a fool sees the truth and runs from it ! cool

Isnt it ridiculous that we have our people always complaining about Government, but give them little chance to rule a few heads, THEY FEEL THEY HAVE ARRIVED . . .HOW DELUDED ! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bet9ja Sure Winning Booking Code For Today December Sunday 17/12/2017 / Dele Alli’s Estranged Parents In Desperate Plea To Reconnect With Alli / Pay After Win Soccer Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.