Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,907 members, 7,912,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 09:25 AM

Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (17022 Views)

How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Chidizman(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2017
cheesy
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by phemocheee(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2017
Just mind your business bro

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by hedonistic: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2017
On seat, not on "sit".

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Ezionye(f): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2017
If u have defined targets or tasks, then leave him. His lifestyle will reflect on his output. However if ur roles are intertwined where it is not possible to know who contributed what, you should report him maybe in writing so you can bail yourself out later

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by tonio2wo: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

But it is not bad to help our fellow colleagues...

Did he ask for ur help?

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Howmon: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2017
Face ya work

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by ElSherriff: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2017
Write a mail to HR, suggest a sort of appraisal to track the input of all employees with measurable KPIs, the beautiful thing about this is that you may realize that the short time he spends on his desk is much more productive than the long hours you spend on yours...there is a fine line between working hard and hardly working, just like there is a fine line between 'busy' and business.

If you are right, his appraisals may point to a gap and the appropriate authorities will take action. In the meantime, stop bugging him.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by ElsonMorali: 7:25am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

But it is not bad to help our fellow colleagues...

Did he tell you he needs help? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by onyii255(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2017
Another idiot with internet connection...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by akandry: 7:26am On Mar 31, 2017
This one carry persin matter for head hold in own for hand.......brother mind your business!!!!!! Kwan........just negedo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by alt3r3g0: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2017
You have spoken to him, HR and supervisors. You have done all you can. Time to mind your own biz as long as his role does not affect yours.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by apollo13(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
Oga! Face your work.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
"personally I discussed this matter with the HR, my own Boss and other familiar Bosses, but all seem not to be too concerned"

That's your cue, mind your bloody business. They probably know relevant things about him that you do not.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
Don't be surprised that he will even get promoted faster than you. He's playing office politics. Extremely serious people don't make it to the top quick.
Learn to my mind your own business. Gosh!
I didn't know that some guys can be nosy too...

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by felix000000(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2017
I don't know why is so difficult for some people to mind there own business, Is there no appraisal in place to access individual employee? does it mean you are the only one seeing him not always been on sit? your too know too much.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Zenithpeak(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:
I love my job, my Boss and my colleagues. As an Accountant, our job requires that we sit long hours on our computers updating the Companies expenditure and asset database. however, there is a challenge.

My department colleague is hardly on sit during working hours. he loves to leave to chat, socialize and even do personal runs during work. I have tried to help him severally by discussing (one-on-one) as par 'man to man', but no effect. He is simple and very intelligent but not focused because he is to playful. This has affected our department's output severally, as personally I discussed this matter with the HR, my own Boss and other familiar Bosses, but all seem not to be too concerned. They just sympathize. I love my work, we are well paid and really doing well as a company.

Please kindly advice me on what to do

Just getting over concerned on a problem that is not yours. By the time you get served, don't blame the witches and wizard in your village.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by uju22(f): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Poster leave him alone, haba
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by weedtheweeds: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2017
frubben:
Be wise
NMFP has never solved a problem but create many.
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by watered(m): 7:38am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:
I love my job, my Boss and my colleagues. As an Accountant, our job requires that we sit long hours on our computers updating the Companies expenditure and asset database. however, there is a challenge.

My department colleague is hardly on sit during working hours. he loves to leave to chat, socialize and even do personal runs during work. I have tried to help him severally by discussing (one-on-one) as par 'man to man', but no effect. He is simple and very intelligent but not focused because he is to playful. This has affected our department's output severally, as personally I discussed this matter with the HR, my own Boss and other familiar Bosses, but all seem not to be too concerned. They just sympathize. I love my work, we are well paid and really doing well as a company.

Carry his seat on your head and walk around in the office.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by adedayourt(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2017
You av reported to the HR, senior colleague nd even your own boss but they seem not to have an issue with it and you brought it to nairaland agsin.

Wat do u nw xpect nl to do bout it biko

Abeg mind ur biz nd stop creating un-ncessary thread here

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Jummy20: 7:40am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

. Please Mr man what's your business.You are the jobless person here, having time to monitor your colleagues wh
en u supposed to face your work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Emmbanny(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2017
He Is Playing With His Job
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by 123papas(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2017
your colleagues output is of higher value than yours that why nobody gives a fvck about your complaints. Infact you are jealous. Repent

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by uckennety(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

Do you know the connection he used to secure D job!

Becareful so you don't lose your job

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by cybriz82(m): 7:48am On Mar 31, 2017
ur busy body no go kill u 1 day..simply resign n ask him to tek ur position.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by hisgrace090: 7:49am On Mar 31, 2017
yomi007k:

But sometimes its better to be at peace by minding ur business. ..

U knw different ppl hv different mindsets. U may try to help n he may hold it against u. Since u hv talked to him n bosses, den u hv done well.

Wat do u wana do now, buy chain to hold him down n den put a gun to his head to work? He aint a kid.

You sound like one this cancaworm eating down our country, so you support he continue staying idle when one did the job meant for both?
I smell Nigerian pattern here. Collecting salary without working, this why we are this awkward.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:54am On Mar 31, 2017
wistleblow his as$! cool
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by Zulu212: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2017
Pls let's vote

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by sisisioge: 7:57am On Mar 31, 2017
You have done more than required by speaking to him, your boss and the HR! Biko, this is the time to mind yourself!

There are people of diff Temperament with diff character display. He can't sit still...you can't mind your business. Na so God create us all differently.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by shreck(m): 7:59am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

The only sensible thing to do is to make sure you have a reporting document that shows the volume/ratio of work you do in relation to your teams productivity.
One day you will have to give account of what you have done individually (work audit/KPI, Key performance index)
If you can't prove this you are as culpable as he in the eyes of your company.
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by hillsiderfak(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2017
My guy, just be deligent in your work, It will yield profit one day. Focus on ur own job , if there is a reason to probe ur department, the fault will not land on u, be deligent .
Re: Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! by idu1(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2017
wowgist:

Leave him alone and mind your business. You reported him to various ogas dey no do anything maybe na him father get the company. So dont go put yourself for trouble.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olutoyin Olakunrin Slumps And Dies In Church (First Female Chartered Accountant) / Finding A Place For Industrial Attachment: Requests, Placements & Volunteering / Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.