Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,971 members, 7,942,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement (11787 Views)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / Nigerian Juror Sacked From Mutallab's Trial / Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2009
I already saw it on CNN
I feel sorry for his family
But, that guy is an slowpoke
He's a graduate with a degree
Instead of looking for a job in London
He decided to bomb people
. angry
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by itsmayiela(m): 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2009
What do u expect d mutallabs to say? do u want them to start condemning their own blood @ dis tyme? deep down their minds,they know that their son did wrong. at home,they will condemn d boy.but in public,they hav to stick 2geda as one. much injury has been done to them alredi.they wont want to come out openly to condemn their son.

no wise family will issue a press conference/statement condemning their own blood.never!

i pity d poor boy & his family, let him rot away in jail for being foolish
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
tpia.:

I dont know what you consider solid evidence.
The father said the boy was in yemen, had renounced his family, and was incommunicado.
His school in Dubai said he dropped out and disappeared. what other evidence do you need for someone who already was a committed muslim?

What evidence? I don’t get it. Where is the evidence you speak of?

tpia.:

His dad knew the signs of extremism and thats why he reported him to the US embassy. And given hthe father's postiiton, he knew the implications of the boy's actions and where it could lead to.

Huh?? What position?

tpia.:

Thousands of innocent folks are still on the terror list so your point is moot.
Most people on that so called terror list arent even muslim.

I am sorry but I don’t get you. That thousands of folks are still on the terrorist list does not mean they are on the NO FLY LIST as well. Thousands of folks on the terrorist list are NOT on the NO FLY LIST.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by jaybee3(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If that logic was applied often than not, do you realize what would result;  Every disgruntled father/wife/co-worker etc. making complaints without solid evidence, able to cause even innocent people to be put on the NO FLY LIST? Do you remember what happened post 9/11 when people called in reporting Muslim neighbors and friends and we ended up with thousands of innocent folk put on the terror list? Do you remember that? Now imagine that happening on a global scale.
only proven people with ties to terrorist groups gets put on no fly list. the best US could have done was to put him on a watch list which should have raised a flag and in-turn prompt the security staffs to do a more thorough second screening/search.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
^^ true perhaps
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
jay bee:

only proven people with ties to terrorist groups gets put on no fly list. the best US could have done was to put him on a watch list which should have raised a flag and in-turn prompt the security staffs to do a more thorough second screening/search.

Was he not on a watch list but just not on a NO FLY LIST? According to the link below, he was on the WATCH LIST only NOT on the NO FLY LIST.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bomber_was_on_TpvPCXYKXcMNxiGrVfsFeM
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by violent(m): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
the dude is tired of life, now he's going to rot away in guantamo bay!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Was he not on a watch list but just not on a NO FLY LIST?

It shows the stupidity of Americans. tongue
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2009
anyway, he should have been on a no-fly list.

period.

Kobojunkie:

Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are scared of your father because you are either a wimp or not mature enough to make your own decisions. I am not scared of my father and that has never made me commit crimes or even think about it. You should love your father and not scared of him. Is he kingkong or what?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by jaybee3(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

don't think his name was activated on the watch list hence Obama calling for a review of the watch list. They couldn't have just put him on a No fly list without a concrete evidence of ties to terrorist groups.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2009
tpia.:

anyway, he should have been on a no-fly list.

period.

Well, we can all say that NOW, but according to reports, there was NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE to put him on a NO-FLY LIST. However, he was on the watchlist for months.

jay bee:

don't think his name was activated on the watch list hence Obama calling for a review of the watch list. They couldn't have just put him on a No fly list without a concrete evidence of ties to terrorist groups.

Activated on a Watch List? Why does a name already on a watch list need to be activated?

Exactly!!!!  I would hate for us to end up with a situation where even my own father  would call the authorities and have my name put on a NO FLY LIST with no solid evidence of any sort provided the authorities.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by violent(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
You are scared of your father because you are either a wimp or not mature enough to make your own decisions. I am not scared of my father and that has never made me commit crimes or even think about it. You should love your father and not scared of him. Is he kingkong or what?

this is funny!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Obinoscopy(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2009
Our muslim brothers seem to be going to the extreme these days. . . .I even learnt there is a fresh wave of violence in Bauchi!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
They steal our money (shareholders'shares, depositors' interests and hidden costs) and use it to send a boy abroad for better education (western) and we suffer here in Nigeria. Imagine from 2005 Sept to 2008 June, he is done with BSC Mechanical Engr. His mates here, are still battling with fake NECO and WAEC and ASUU strikes, Admission palaver.

Why are people not keeping their wards and children here in Nigeria for proper monitoring? Birds messed up ground and fly to perch in the air.Yaradua is still away!
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by londoner: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
I say well done to his father for reporting him and alerting authorities, if they had taken proper notice, he would not have been able to board a plane and set himself on fire in a suicide attempt. It was the ineptitude of the authorities which allowed the situation to reach such a level. The same way they were warned about 9/11 I believe.

Many Nigerian parents would not report their children to authorities, especially where religion is an issue. I doubt his upbringing led him to this in any direct way, because he distanced himself from his family. He knew they would disapprove and he knew he was taking a detour from what he was brought up to do.  Its likely, was indoctrinated by others, just as is the case with the many fanatics who blow themselves up in the name of religion.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by fegflu: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2009
I think the boys father is a liar. I also think there is a conspiracy theory to the whole issue. I think the talk of the father telling nigeria security agencies and intl security agency of his sons behaviour is a complete falsehood as well. This is becos if you have ever lived in nigeria- you will understand that - no wealthy family will ever report their kids in that manner. No matter how bad they are- even if they are known cultist who kill people. They wont. Also consider how corrupt nigerian government officials are - they will go out of their way to influence things to favour them.
My best guess is that the father is up to sometin with the US to highten fear on another Alqeada threat- to commit americans to commit funds to the fight against Alqeada. Alqeada that dont exist. Honestly i dont trust international media, like CNN BBC etc. When the telll u anytin - pls try to hav a rethink about it and ask questions again.
I might be wrong- but i stand to be corrected. Afterall the invasion of iraq and afganistan started on such false statements -that was originated and was hightened contiously by this same BBC  CNN and other western  media ally,
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by YourMum: 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
ferdiii:

They steal our money (shareholders'shares, depositors' interests and hidden costs) and use it to send a boy abroad for better education (western) and we suffer here in Nigeria. Imagine from 2005 Sept to 2008 June, he is done with BSC Mechanical Engr. His mates here, are still battling with fake NECO and WAEC and ASUU strikes, Admission palaver.

Why are people not keeping their wards and children here in Nigeria for proper monitoring? Birds messed up ground and fly to perch in the air.Yaradua is still away!

WTF does this have to do with anything?

londoner:

I say well done to his father for reporting him and alerting authorities, if they had taken proper notice, he would not have been able to board a plane and set himself on fire in a suicide attempt. It was the ineptitude of the authorities which allowed the situation to reach such a level. The same way they were warned about 9/11 I believe.

Many Nigerian parents would not report their children to authorities, especially where religion is an issue. I doubt his upbringing led him to this in any direct way, because he distanced himself from his family. He knew they would disapprove and he knew he was taking a detour from what he was brought up to do.  Its likely, was indoctrinated by others, just as is the case with the many fanatics who blow themselves up in the name of religion.

Vert true and well said.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by bisiaet: 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
Well I disagree in total with whatever the so called Dr. or Alhaji Mutallab is given as family statement pls let us just stop deceiving ourselves he cant be deceiving anybody pls let the so called Dr. Mutallab or whatever he call himself go and rearrange his home mr man go and train your children well so that you will have peace instead of shame, he(The boy) is a spoilt child to the core he(the father) should have himself to blame and shut up, no excuses for indiscipline. No parent will tell me you dont know what your kids are, the father of Bin Laden denied he never knew Bin Lade is that kind of son but it was later revealed he, Bin Ladin as be a terror right from childhood to the family and neighbor so what is he talking about? Nonsense. Do anybody know the worth of the flat this ass hole was staying in UK? Many naija need to come and see what all these people who claim to be a big shot in naija children are doing here in UK you will be shock so pls let them face the music they spoilt him and he brought shame on them so all statement he is making are rubbish and a big lesson for the family. When things like this happened then you will see people saying oh he is a cool boy, oh he is a brilliant boy, oh this and that and the painful of all for the shameless money miss road father will say oh my son was nice and was gentle, if he is a good father long ago he should have realised what danger lies ahead, he the boy could be gentle does not matter get a close relationship with your son you will know him in and out. Nonsense.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
I have a theory myself, what if the father was OK being a donor to the group but when his son decided to volunteer as a suicide bomber for the group, the father, in an attempt to save his life, decided to warn the authorities. It is just a thought but I just don’t believe this all started only 2 months ago and I suspect the father possibly knows more than we know of the situation right now.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by fegflu: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2009
THANK U KOBOJUNKIE, U R SEEIN THINS FRM MY PERSPECTIV, THESE PPLE AR DECIEVIN D WORLD AGAIN. THANK God we are wiser now.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by jaybee3(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I have a theory myself, what if the father was OK being a donor to the group but when his son decided to volunteer as a suicide bomber for the group, the father, in an attempt to save his life, decided to warn the authorities. It is just a thought but I just don’t believe this all started only 2 months ago and I suspect the father possibly knows more than we know of the situation right now.
would u have suspected differently if the dad wasn't a muslim? It's just plain wrong to even think of such. If the dad was involved with terrorism then their is no way on earth he would have alerted the US.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2009
jay bee:

would u have suspected differently if the dad wasn't a muslim? It's just plain wrong to even think of such. If the dad was involved with terrorism then their is no way on earth he would have alerted the US.

When it comes to saving the life of a ward, people don’t usually think ahead, they do what they have to at that point to save the life of their child. A lot of people have been found to donate to terrorist groups, all most have gotten are warnings and nothing more. The father may not really care about what the US authorities have to say, if he is found out. I mean he has made his millions, what more?

About your first question, I am not sure. Not all terrorists are muslims, and not all those who support these terrorists are Islamic extremists. Some only support the extremists so they can gain some upper hand over rivals or whatever.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2009
I pity him. cry cry
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by violent(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
The problem with a "watch" list as opposed to a "no fly" list is that nobody sees it. In theory the airport security screeners should know if a passenger currently being screened is on any watch list so that they can give him special attention. They do not at present see any such information and this is a huge security gap that needs to be closed.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by tony13: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2009
HERE NIGERIAN TRAVELLERS STRIGENT CHECKING ON ALL NATIONAL COMMENCE YESTERDAY FROM FRANKFURT,HEATROW.
NIGERIA EXPECT EXTRA DELAY,LITTLE COMPLAINT YOU WILL BE GET OUT OF THE FLIGHT BARRED FROM TRAVELLING TO MANY WESTERN COUNTRIES,
GUYS PRAY,PRAY.

THANKS
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by jaybee3(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
I do accept ur scepticism (maybe on the front of anything outta naija) but as we haven't been fed with any info in contrary to the stuffs currently published then i think it's definitely wrong to even think otherwise as per Dr muttalab's actions.

Do you also have reservations on the american families that also gave intel about their wards trip to pakistan to the US government? (i'm sure u r aware of the 5 americans recently caught/detained in pakistan on terrorism charges)
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
violent:

The problem with a "watch" list as opposed to a "no fly" list is that nobody sees it. In theory the airport security screeners should know if a passenger currently being screened is on any watch list so that they can give him special attention. They do not at present see any such information and this is a huge security gap that needs to be closed.

As of present, I believe the WATCH LIST is for government, and when solid evidence is available, the person is moved on to a NO FLY list which is then made available to the public, as in airport authorities. I believe regardless airport authorities ought to search everyone possible and make sure that no one is exempt.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by OAM4J: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, we can all say that NOW, but according to reports, there was NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE to put him on a NO-FLY LIST. However, he was on the watchlist for months.

Activated on a Watch List? Why does a name already on a watch list need to be activated?

Exactly!!!!  I would hate for us to end up with a situation where even my own father  would call the authorities and have my name put on a NO FLY LIST with no solid evidence of any sort provided the authorities.

There is no reason to put all suspects on a NO-FLY LIST. He was meant to be monitored and double checked when entering the US.

Let us assume the security check at MMA was flawed, how did he beat the security check at Amsterdam especially after sending his name to US for clearance and US knowing he is on the Watch list?

Let us share the blames to all concerned. The US security system also failed.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by violent(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

As of present, I believe the WATCH LIST is for government, and when solid evidence is available, the person is moved on to a NO FLY list which is then made available to the public, as in airport authorities. I believe regardless airport authorities ought to search everyone possible and make sure that no one is exempt.

Question is are those people on Watch list properly monitored around the world? if yes, then the fault is entirely American's, and if no, why do they need the watch list anyway?
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
jay bee:

I do accept your scepticism (maybe on the front of anything outta naija) but as we haven't been fed with any info in contrary to the stuffs currently published then i think it's definitely wrong to even think otherwise as per Dr muttalab's actions.

I completely disagree with you there. So what you are saying is that I believe what is fed me until I get the rest of the story before I even start thinking I might not having gotten the whole? Gosh dude!!!  That is definitely not how it works with people who use their heads, don’t you think?

We have not gotten ALL the info is reason for me to wonder what more is to come!!! That is usually the way it works in most human minds. And you may not like what I have revealed there of what I think is to come, but don’t tell me I have no right to think. Lol

jay bee:
Do you also have reservations on the american families that also gave intel about their wards trip to pakistan to the US government? (i'm sure u r aware of the 5 americans recently caught/detained in pakistan on terrorism charges)

Uummm . . . .  Usually people wonder what the parents may be hiding!!! It is common sense to do that.

Please desist from turning this into yet another US vs THEM thread on Nairaland. I hate those.
Re: Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement by jaybee3(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
All the US needs to do is make everyone travelling to US register online a day before travelling like the people from current visa waiver countries do. By doing this the names can then be checked against whatever lists the government posses before hand and in turn screen out questionable characters for special screening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Became A Terrorist - Abdulmuttalab / Buhari, Osinbajo’s Feeding Budget Slashed By N18m / The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.