Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,778 members, 7,905,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa (27288 Views)

Shipping Goods To Nigeria From Canada / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 5:33am On Jan 13, 2010
Gentlemen, it gives me no pleasure to say this but yet another one of my Nigerian brothers has seriously disappointed me in the area of shipping to goods to Nigeria. Not that the individual even cares about the diminished relationship, but we have simply moved on. We are in Atlanta and need to ship to Nigeria from here. Without getting into the past, can anyone recommend a company that can ship, reliably, to Lagos, or even the Port Harcourt area, which is my true destination. We now ship somewhere between 500-1,000 pounds on average per month so we really need a partnership, not just a customer vendor relationship. Please genuine recommendations only. Again, we are shipping from Atlanta. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by femmy2010(m): 6:00am On Jan 13, 2010
What type of items do you guys ship?and how many pounds per shipment ?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Mostly electronics, video equipment, some household stuff, etc. nothing out of the ordinary.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by femmy2010(m): 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
I can be able to help that.I have a friend that works with ups and can help with shipping at a much lesser pricing than the official rate.
How many pound of items do you plan shipping at present?
Get back
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
i am not sure Femi. Give me the person's number so I can initiate a discussion. Again, bear in mind I am not looking for a "one off" thing. Rather, a partnership that can be integrated into our business processes. I am not desperate with this, as we are prepared to conduct the research necessary to ensure we select the right partner for this. Thanks.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Delta007(m): 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
Brandon25:

Gentlemen, it gives me no pleasure to say this but yet another one of my Nigerian brothers has seriously disappointed me in the area of shipping to goods to Nigeria. Not that the individual even cares about the diminished relationship, but we have simply moved on. We are in Atlanta and need to ship to Nigeria from here. Without getting into the past, can anyone recommend a company that can ship, reliably, to Lagos, or even the Port Harcourt area, which is my true destination. We now ship somewhere between 500-1,000 pounds on average per month so we really need a partnership, not just a customer vendor relationship. Please genuine recommendations only. Again, we are shipping from Atlanta. Thank you.
Are you in the US or based in Nigeria?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
As my note says, I am in Atlanta, doing lots of shipping to Nigeria.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Delta007(m): 8:58pm On Jan 13, 2010
Brandon25:

As my note says, I am in Atlanta, doing lots of shipping to Nigeria.
Well, your note says alot. For someone that resides in Atlanta and ships between 500-1000 lbs of goods every month, one would think you'd have a relatively solid structure in place, instead of relying on a "Nigerian brother". undecided That's why I wanted to clarify.

Anyway, you are better off going thru an airfreight agent in Atlanta. Check your yellowpages and call up a few of them and compare their quotes. As far as your business is registered, you should have a fair quote from them. Forget UPS, DHL, etc. They are all glorified airfrieght companies and it's not cost effective when you have to ship in bulk internationally. All of them probably use same airlines. It will also save you shipping to other states and help you with close control of your goods instead of having to pass from hand to hand. Otherwise I can recommend my airfreight agent in NY and you'd always have to ship your goods to NY to airfreight to Lagos. One word of advice tho, no matter how cheap, do not use any African airline and always include insurance or better still, insure your company. It's Nigeria where the impossible is possible; just my 2 cents.

You'd also need a clearing agent in Lagos to clear your goods, if you have not gotten one by now.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by platinumnk(f): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Delta- what about small stuffs?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Delta007(m): 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
platinumnk:

@ Delta- what about small stuffs?
Small stuffs like? Weight?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by platinumnk(f): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
like u want to send small cases of cosmetics or stuff that weigh less than 5 lbs undecided
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Delta007(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
platinumnk:

like u want to send small cases of cosmetics or stuff that weigh less than 5 lbs undecided
5lbs is pretty small. You may be better off via Fedex, DHL or UPS. What State are you based?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by platinumnk(f): 10:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
Delta007:

5lbs is pretty small. You may be better off via Fedex, DHL or UPS. What State are you based?

Louisiana
But they are sooooooooo expensive lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I tried Impex but they nearly chopped my hands off lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 3:41am On Jan 14, 2010
Delta, I should clarify that we JUST started shipping the volume I stated in my previous note. Moreover, we do NOT consistently ship this volume, but pretty close. The "brother" we used has a shipping company and came via referral. He did just fine in the beginning, but as our needs grew and became more sophisticated, he did not. Additionally, "Nigerian Factors" began creeping in so we decided to simply walk away. Which is why we are turning to this board as another source of research before making a decision. So its not like we randomly picked our "brother" from the street to handle our shipping. Nonetheless, I appreciate your contribution, and will in fact look into freight forwarders to fill our needs. If anyone has suggestions of good ones out the Atlanta area, please forward them as well. Thank you.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by globalaid(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
I am also in a similar situation, i am looking for a reliable shipper from Maryland. I shipped mainly electronics, laptop, Television and Home theatre. I do ship up to 500lbs per month and it is always regular. I will be happy if anyone can recommend a good shipper to Lagos for me.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by DAKT: 7:29am On Feb 22, 2010
Brandon & co,

Kindly allow me to introduce DAKT Logistics in Houston, Tx. (www.daktlogistics.com)

We have numerous clients that trade just like you and also deal in exporting from the US.

How its works at DAKT Logistics is that you can place you order on any website and have the item shipped directly to our warehouse.

Photos of your items are sent to you once the item is received. It is then weighed (if for air freight) and a quote is emailed to you.

We are proud to say we currently offer the lowest rates amongst approved air cargo forwarders for all air cargo (general and hazardous)going to Nigeria.

Our head Office is in Houston, Texas.
+1-832-443-2989 OR +1-713-645-3258.
Air cargo contact: ALALI.
Email: alali@daktlogistics.com

Our Nigerian Headquarters is in Port Harcourt.

To know more about our services which range from sea cargo, clearing and forwarding, air cargo, land freight and procurement, please visit www.daktlogistics.com

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2010
Thanks for the input. Let me provide an update on this thread of discussion. Since my last posting, I decided to give Nedlink a try, out of Jamaica New York. So far, so good. Ask for Julie over there and she can help you out. I have shipped with them twice now, and both time,s shipping too 3 days into country, and one day to clear customs. Total of four business days "in and out. The second time, they actually shipped the items before I paid, but don't expect that type of service necessarily. My question to you, Dakt, are as follows:

1. How much do you charge per pound for each shipment to a). Lagos, b) Port Harcourt?

2. Can you confirm you are shipping from Houston, TX to Nigeria?

3. What is the actual transit time to destination per the aforementioned cities?

4. Do you have any references?

Thanks!ß
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by globalaid(m): 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2010
@brandon, could you please leave the nedlink contact details here so that we can contact them.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Brandon25: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
Julie at Nedlink is at 718-323-7171. They seem to work for us at the moment, so we've decided to ride this out.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by kittykat1(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2010
looking 4 reliable air freight company from houston 2 nigeria
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by kittykat1(f): 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Dakt logistics

When I call ur number. I get the message that the subscriber I hv called is not in service
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by lovemoi2(f): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2010
I SMELL A RAT. Uhmmmm:/
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by kittykat1(f): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
They finally answered
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by jackkyy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
have u tried midas shipping? they are in maryland usa and have an office in ikeja.they cost only $3 per pound. i tried calling dakt but no answer seems like they lack organisation and think they are still in nigeria
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by BOB11(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2010
GoGlobalCargo.com for any of your shipping needs!

RoRo or Container services out of any port in USA!

Bob
Cel.786.362.4320
info@goglobalcargo.com
www.goglobalcargo.com

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by DAKT: 2:50am On Dec 29, 2010
Hello to you all

DAKT Logistics is headquartered in Houston and not in Nigeria.

We have offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

We charge $4.00 per pound to Lagos AND $4.50 per pound to every other Nigerian City and the transit time is 4 business days

We can get shipments to Nigeria in as little as 2 business days , however shipper must be a US resident.

Please if you called our office and did not get any response, chances are you called too early, too late or during lunch hours.

Our working hours are 9 am to 5pm Monday thru Fridays. We offer daily shipments to Nigeria and weekly consolidation shipments

You can reach our air cargo dept at aircargo@daktlogistics.com

YOU CAN VIEW MANY OF OUR COMPLETED AND ONGOING PROJECTS @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/DAKT-Logistics-LLC/77513932294?v=photos

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR OUR FAN DISCOUNT.

Thanks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
i used viaddress.com. cheap and fast service. and they never fail me.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by allworld: 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
Try us at Allworld International

1-516-620-0563
help@allworldinternational.com
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Naijarite: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
Did you check out Atlantic Concierge? They are based in Philadelphia, PA but can pick up your freight/package from anywhere in the US and deliver anywhere in Nigeria. They are reliable and professional. You can check them out at www.cargoatlantic.com.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by gbollykore: 1:29am On Apr 07, 2011
try ever flourish
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by cdrealtors: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
Have uou tried america airseacargo.check their website for the contact and tell them chidinma told you of them
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa by Pelumiv(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
i want to ship an ipod touch from us chicago to be precise, how much will it cost me and which carrier will you advice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Profitable To Import Used Laptop And Phone In Bulk? / Ghanaian Traders Lock Shops Belonging To Nigerians & Other Foreigners / PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.