Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,513 members, 7,965,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs (32345 Views)

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
So pathetic
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by prankster(m): 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
This is the reason Nigeria will never progress, Every comment i've read so far is bashing one tribe or the other, That is to say we are all Tribalist, As far as am concerned the only tribe that needs bashing here are the hausa/Fulani,because everytime they enter power in Nigeria they take us 10 years back, For your information the igbo states,like Anambra and the igbo side of Delta also have oils and minerals that haven't been explored but yet,
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
The poster started the thread objectively but was later derailed by the igbo boys in the house.its a simple question of yes/no but non of them could answer it,
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Justcash(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
sjeezy8:

What is biafra if the ijaws efiks ogoni and co . . . dont want to join biafra? Its landlocked right! ok then simply said.

No big deal, just face the facts and stop living in la la land.

I know that some ND areas speak and claim to be Igbos. Like the Opobo areas. They are close to the Ocean.  
If they don't want to Join Biafra, We will negotiate our way through their ports to the international waters. No be Cash kill am? If I find it difficult to export my products, I will enter into the Niger-delta and invest heavily in any of the ports in Opobo, Calabar, Oron etc. They will sell it or concession them once they see too much of free money.

My point remains that being landlocked or not depends on the refusal of ND Igbos to Join Biafra. From all indications, most of them will join. They are all playing active parts in Ohaneze ndigbo, infact the current president is from Delta state.
Even if they don't want to  join, it will only be a mild constraint, not a major obstacle. There will always be a way.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by sjeezy8: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

I know that some ND areas speak and claim to be Igbos. Like the Opobo areas. They are close to the Ocean. 
If they don't want to Join Biafra, We will negotiate our way through their ports to the international waters. No be Cash kill am? If I find it difficult to export my products, I will enter into the Niger-delta and invest heavily in any of the ports in Opobo, Calabar, Oron etc. They will sell it or concession them once they see too much of free money.

My point remains that being landlocked or not depends on the refusal of ND Igbos to Join Biafra. From all indications, most of them will join. They are all playing active parts in Ohaneze ndigbo, infact the current president is from Delta state.
Even if they don't want to  join, it will only be a mild constraint, not a major obstacle. There will always be a way.

igboland in delta state doesnt stretch to the sea ijaws urhobos and itsekiris are there.
Im sure you can work something about though. . . . probably not

from this

That the Ijaw Nations strongly recommends that eight ( 8 geo-political zones be created in the country as follows: (a) North-East, (b) North-West, (c) North-Central, (d) East, (e) West, (f) South-West comprising Delta, Anioma and Edo States, (g) South-East comprising New Rivers , Akwa Ibom (including Ibeno and Eastern Obolo Local Government Areas and Cross River States, (h) South-South comprising Bayelsa, oil Rivers, Torube and Itsekiri States subject to the proviso that the proposed States within the proposed zones can opt out of any particular zone in preference for another.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/iarticles/ijaws%20spout%20fire.htm

doesnt seem like they want to join a biafra but have their own ND republic

its getting old so im out
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash
are you making a personal comment or a gener observation?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by otukpo(f): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
I laugh.
Lets wait until Nigeria divides to know which nation is landlocked?
U pple are just looking for a way to feel more advantaged than the igbos, unfortunately for u, none.
Oil, Igbos dey.
Limestone, Salt, Igbos dey.
Coal, igbos dey.
Water resources, Igbos dey.
Agriculture, Igbos dey.

And why on earth will igbos want to be with ND or what will igbos do with ND, nothing.
So NDeltans shld stop feeling that igbos need them for anything.

It is only a foolish igboman that wld want to be with ND
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by THEAMAKA(f): 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
hahaha there were igbos that opposed biafra as well as Niger deltans. there will always be some people that don't agree with the views of others.
so?

otukpo:

I laugh.
Lets wait until Nigeria divides to know which nation is landlocked?
U pple are just looking for a way to feel more advantaged than the igbos, unfortunately for u, none.
Oil, Igbos dey.
Limestone, Salt, Igbos dey.
Coal, igbos dey.
Water resources, Igbos dey.
Agriculture, Igbos dey.

And why on earth will igbos want to be with ND or what will igbos do with ND, nothing.
So NDeltans shld stop feeling that igbos need them for anything.

It is only a foolish igboman that wld want to be with ND

GBAM!!! thought igbos and niger deltans were friends, thats why they wouldn't mind having a country with them, i guess not. blah.
or can i say frenemies?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Justcash(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
sjeezy8:

igboland in delta state doesnt stretch to the sea ijaws urhobos and itsekiris are there.
Im sure you can work something about though. . . . probably not

Check Opobo in your map man.
~Bluetooth:

Justcash
are you making a personal comment or a gener observation?

I made a general observation. I am telling you that even if Biafra is Landlocked, We will negotiate our way through the sea. I used myself to explain how an average igbo man will react to the landlocked issue if it ever arises. That is how Switzerland and other landlocked countries survive.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by sjeezy8: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2010
this thread shoiuld be locked its getting old

conclusion
1)Igbos are divided some want to have ND and some dont, some want riverstate Oil and some want to pay ijaw for access to seaport . lol jk
2) Niger deltans cant be a country on their own, we all know that. lol
3) If Nigeria was to break up there will most  likely by MEND fighting for totally control of whatever land is occupied by any republic that has ijaw as minority. like its doing now.
4)ijaws want an ND republic and want to fight for it so they can be the dominant ethnic group in a ND republic.
5)Its best Nigeria stays together and look for better leadershipaside from tribe because if it breaks the south of Nigeria will have series of wars between ethnic groups over land and oil. which isnt good

Igwe of ndgi-nairaland
king of nairaland
oba of nairaland
your majesty

sjeezy
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by babeface3: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
from my little knowledge of history, "interregnum" is a period when nothing has actually happened, no damn thing can be recorded. Thats what nigerian is facing without resistance from any quarter. Not a Nigerian but I like the guts of the Ibo man. If they were not gagged, the shere cowardice of sitting and looking while they take your nation for a ride would nt happen. Nigerians should have a rethink, u have been fooled for so long. Happiest peple in the world grin
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by pek(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
what is the essence of this post? the poster is clearly uninformed and misinformed. he doesnt have a grasp of what he is talking about as his writing have shown. i move that this thread should be removed.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by methodyk: 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
I think the use for this site should be constructive and not otherwise, u guys should wake up lets put our nation where it really shoulb be.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
In time of war,strike your enemy where it pain most,
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Spyker: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
Guys, let us wait until Nigeria divides (if eventually it does) then most of this argument will be on National Television and Newspapers
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by AndreUweh(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2010
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_Tpgvwt-c[/flash]

I missed this useless thread yesterday and missed contributing a large percentage of insults to the post.
Nevertherless, enjoy the music, feel happy and forgive the poster and collaborators.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by onyengbu1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
The fact that this topic made it to the front page clearly indicates that kosovo and Seun is willing to entertain more tribal bashing threads on politics section.

They should not delete or lock such threads when they start coming again.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ziga: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
We (different tribes) may deny as much as possible, but one major drive for the division of the country is  because of oil.  but paradoxically, oil is the only thing keeping Nigeria together. I hope u all get what am saying.

I guess we will have less problems when oil becomes less important in the world.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
if you dare to be igbo,become one!, if not Bleep off and stop the igbo hatred, after 40 yrs you still hating,after taking all the money that belongs to the igbos you still hating,after trying to surpress igbo you still hating,but one thing is clear

Igbo is that sun that rises from the east,you can never quench it.

Igbo  is industrious ,you can never quench it

Igbo  is technology ,{remember ogbunigwe,also remember that By the spring of 1969, Biafra had built five MFI-9Bs in Gabon, calling them "Biafra Babies".    They  were coloured green, were able to carry six 68 mm anti-armour rockets and had simple sights.More boats were later manufactured locally and these were armored plated and fitted with light guns and machine guns }.

Igbo is nigeria,without igbo there will be no nigeria

so stop the fucking hating and respect igbo, im proud to be NWA IGBO!

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
We must all form alliances in our own interest across the board, Igbos's, Yoruba's. Ijaw's, Isoko's, Urhobo's, Ibibio's, Edo's etc. . . Every group in the South.

For Igbo land, River Niger leads to the sea, things can be worked out; also, there is no reason why sea access wouldn't be worked out with an Igbo nation if it turns out to be land locked.
There's still some bad blood between Ijaw and Igbo, but it is rapidly melting away. The other ethnic groups in the SS have no issues at all with Igboland, so no biggies.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
Beaf:

We must all form alliances in our own interest across the board, Igbos's, Yoruba's. Ijaw's, Isoko's, Urhobo's, Ibibio's, Edo's etc. . . Every group in the South.

For Igbo land, River Niger leads to the sea, things can be worked out; also, there is no reason why sea access wouldn't be worked out with an Igbo nation if it turns out to be land locked.
There's still some bad blood between Ijaw and Igbo, but it is rapidly melting away. The other ethnic groups in the SS have no issues at all with Igboland, so no biggies.

Thank you for saying this! I said once that the South south does not equal the political "ND republic" if one ever comes to exist. There are too many cleavages which make it impossible for the current South south to form a country. It MAY BE POSSIBLE FOR ONLY THE IJAW to form a ND country comprising of only Ijaw territory, but the viability of that remains to be seen.
From what I have learned so far, I would form a country with almost all other southern groups except the Ijaw for now.
The bad blood between the Igbo and Ijaw (and the Ijaw versus all other groups in the south!) may thaw when oil finishes, but we can't wait for that; so we must move on!
The Ijaw is rapidly emerging a notorious and cantankerous group. Some Ijaws are asking for things they can't sustain but that is their problem. This discussion should stay on the front page of nairaland. It is good and informational. wink
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by AndreUweh(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
Beaf:

Beaf, your words are words of a wise one. God bless you richly.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
It anoys me to my bone marrow when i see people displaying some level of ignorance.

@ poster
Ignorance is a disease indeed. Why do people always confuse Niger delta for south-south. Do you know that the Igbos make up the largest ethnic group in the Niger delta? Abia, Imo, Rivers(70%), Delta(40%), Akwa Ibom(about 3%). Even in the south-south Ibos are at par with Ijaws or even more than them in number.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
I never even knew that the MEND is killing some south south Igbos. I hope this is not true because it would really mean the end for them. Ndigbo don't even need to fight them. All we need do is stand back and give green light to the federal government. There is too much urgency in Abuja to deal ruthlessly with MEND once and for all. This topic is really educational.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by chuxy12(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
@poster
I think the poster is simply misinformed. why on earth would the igbos wanna claim Nd. funny enough even if the igbos should leave ND the niger deltans would descend on themselves and a bloody ethnic conflict will break out among these different tribe . i pity all of them cos the rampaging , untameable Ijaw will simply feast on all of them
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by WilyWily7: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
sjeezy8:

haha funny comments I know the igbos dont want to be landlocked but also its about the Oil.

If the igbos had good intention about biafra then they would leave the Crossriver,Akwaibom, maybe and rivers state.
The ijaws are complaining that the igbos have migrated to rivers state and imposed themselves on the ogoni and ijaws.
You are a complete Yoruba Cockroach, You don't need to tell us where to belong, we will Choose where we want.
Biafra is by Choice and not by force, many of our people prefer today to be Biafra than have anything to do with Yoruba liars again in  life. Your people 'Yorubas'  are completely deceiver and Liars, we have learned our lesson.
You devils deceived some of our people, of all the help they gave to Your Devilish people only to reward them with death.
As your people and their dirty stinking ally Hausa/Fulani North paid our people good with bad, so shall Satan pay you people with his Wrath million times, Yeye people.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
I think it is time to create proper territories in the south south to reflect stable political lineages. The Ijaw should stay on their own. This N/Delta term is an aberration. This is the time to identify stable partnerships devoid of deep rooted hatreds. I am happy that the current President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is from South south. He should really swing into action by initiating talks with reasonable elements in his zone. I don't want us taken unawares again. We must identify our allies in the south south and work at the national level to consolidate shared interests with those allies. I don't want us fighting to protect our enemies again.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Justcash(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
All these Yorubas and Hausas are under-estimating the capability of an Igbo man. May God help us to divide. All your cars, electronics, military wares, foriegn credit lines, Construction etc will be bought from Biafra. All your economies will be dependent on Biafra.

I am not predicting. IT IS A FACT. I am staring at it .

Nigeria is a big constraint!

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by AndreUweh(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
Wily*Wily:

You are a complete Yoruba Cockroach, You don't need to tell us where to belong, we will Choose where we want.
Biafra is by Choice and not by force, many of our people prefer today to be Biafra than have anything to do with Yoruba liars again in life. Your people 'Yorubas' are completely deceiver and Liars, we have learned our lesson.
You devils deceived some of our people, of all the help they gave to Your Devilish people only to reward them with death.
As your people and their dirty stinking ally Hausa/Fulani North paid our people good with bad, so shall Satan pay you people with his Wrath million times, Yeye people.
Complete Yoruba Cockroach, dis one dey 2much ooo!. Sjeeze8 don sofa welu welu for nairaland. I don't know why di guy dey collect insult upon insult 24/7.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by nduchucks: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

I never even knew that the MEND is killing some south south Igbos. I hope this is not true because it would really mean the end for them. Ndigbo don't even need to fight them. All we need do is stand back and give green light to the federal government. There is too much urgency in Abuja to deal ruthlessly with MEND once and for all. This topic is really educational.

To be frank, I was suprised to learn that the bolded portion above may be true, prompting me to post extracts from one of the articles that reported the killing of Igbos by MEND. I am still waiting for our in-house MEND apologists, and well meaning South Southerners alike, to tell us the truth or be bold enough to admit the truth. So far, it appears that they'd rather sweep the issue under the carpet and claim that all is well.

I repost an extract from the said article below:

What about the native Igbo groups of the Niger Delta? Ekpeye, lkwerre, Ogba, Egbema, Ndoni, Etche, and other other groups? Well they fought and died on both sides of the Nigerian civil war too. People like Elechi Amadi (clearly Igbo) fought against Biafra. He was viewed as a traitor by the Igbo people and he helped start the "independent Ikwerre ethnic nationalist movement" to exclude themselves from the Igbo people. Many other Igbo people in the "South-South" excluded themselves from the Igbo to avoid discrimination. However, these efforts have been a blatant failure. These "Igboid" groups in the region, are still being discriminated against. That is why Anioma people or Midwestern Igbos want to create an Anioma state. The leadership crisis between the Ijaw and Igbo groups in Rivers state and the "South-South" has been very bad. After the war, Southern Igbo communities were divided and carved in the new Rivers state and disclaimed their Igbo heritage. Rivers Igbo communities like Obigbo becoming Oyigbo, Umuola becoming Rumuola, Umueme becoming Rumueme, and etc. While the trend continued, Ijaws held control over Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha). However, when Bayelsa state was created in 1996, the Igbo groups have been dominating Rivers state. This has led to political and cult battles between Igbos and Ijaws in the state. Even in Bayelsa state the dominant Ijaws are discriminating against Igbo groups. Edwin Clark, Tam David West, MEND, Atiku Tom, and other Ijaw nationalists and extremists were against Odili (former Rivers state governor) in his campaign for 2007 presidency because of his Igbo background. Recently, there has been a report that 973 (and likely more) Ikwerres have died between 2003-2008 because of attacks by militant groups such as MEND and Atiku Tom. Aren;t these militant groups supposed to be fighting for justice? Why are they killing native Igbos in the Niger Delta? It seems that the Ijaw rebels are fighting for their own selfish interests against Nigeria and the West.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by boyt1: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
I am  from the North West, but i think the poster is an slowpoke for posting that ibos are trying to claim ND: I think ND needs Strong  IBOS to protect them from this  OMONILE -corrupt & double face Yoruba people.  the ND should not allow others to come in between them, they can work good with each other.  i lived 6 years in PH and ABA  and 5 years in Yoruba land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers $3.1bn In 6 Months – Kayode Oladele / Three Persons Feared Killed In Ahoada, Rivers State / Bola Tinubu's Statement On The Lifting Of The Twitter Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.