Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,711 members, 7,918,189 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:06 AM

[resolved] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / [resolved] (2966 Views)

Issue Resolved.. / [resolved] / How Can This Issue Be Resolved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

[resolved] by sweetmelanin(f): 10:41am On May 23, 2017
[resolved]
Re: [resolved] by Eebrahym(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2017
For every disappointments, there is a blessing in disguise grin grin
Tell her Eebrahym said so grin

2 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 10:53am On May 23, 2017
1)Do away with that African mentality of male child is superior. Just first issue and she is putting so much pressure on herself? Are you sure no one is behind this? Maybe her husband/MIL?
Obama has 2 daughters. The Clintons have just 1.

2)What's wrong with a baby girl first? Focus more on training a child to be the best, irrespective of gender. I don't know how she'll do this, considering her mindset.

3)Remind her of people that are looking for just one.

Some women worry about the wrong things in pregnancy. I see some pregnant women worrying about gender, if the baby will be fair _ have plenty hair, pointed nose. Should that be their worry? Safe delivery and welfare of mother and child should be paramount.
If she doesn't appreciate what came easily to her,she should opt for IVF next time, do gender selection _pay mad money and still get told it's 50:50

She should show that child love when she comes. I pray she doesn't suffer serious postpartum depression.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [resolved] by makydebbie(f): 11:01am On May 23, 2017
My dear, she should be grateful. There are other women out there looking for female children. What was she expecting that life is a bed of roses and she gets whatever she wants? She shouldn't vent her frustration on her unborn baby and give herself complications at child birth. She should accept it already. Tell her, her wailing won't change anything.

3 Likes

Re: [resolved] by GoldCircle: 11:08am On May 23, 2017
You have a duty to advise her. Where there is life; there is hope. What of her mates that have no husbands? or are married and have no children?
She should pray for safe delivery and look at the bright side of life. There's so much to be thankful for.
Re: [resolved] by izzou(m): 11:10am On May 23, 2017
Dora Akunyuli

Chimamanda Adichie

Ngozi Okonjo Ideal

Omotola Ekehinde

etc

I have never heard any news about how their male siblings became famous in this country.

They are all females.

There is a proverb that says Dem no dey know pregnancy wey go bring king

Tell her to smile.

BTW: I want to have more females that males sef. Pray for me grin

12 Likes

Re: [resolved] by HARDDON: 11:23am On May 23, 2017
Most unfortunate!
Now she is passing this pissed/unwanted feelings to d innocent baby!
Let her pray to deliver safely.

This is one of d major downsides to scan.

Heck let d baby come out a surprise package instead of this pre science know.

1 Like

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 23, 2017
Tell your SIL I said she needs some growing up to do. What nonsense!.

7 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 23, 2017
While Obama is setting his daughters up for success, Nigeria is worried about a male heir. The truth is that women are surpassing men in education and earning these days. She will be praying for a daughter in old age.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [resolved] by NoToPile: 12:12pm On May 23, 2017
This is her first child right? Does she think she can't have a male child again? We know why she's worried but its just too early IMO

I just hope she doesn't hate the precious child.

2 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 23, 2017
I undastand. She will still have a male child na. I even thought she had girls before and was hoping to add a boy.
She should ask God to forgive her because he blessed her with a baby she didn't have to wait long for. Some will be happy to start with male or female if only they could get pregnant. Some are yet to even get married. Some can't even find a partner. May God help us to count our blessings even in seemingly tough times (myself included).

6 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 23, 2017
Me I would love to have a daughter first we are all boys in the family. Besides every kid is a blessing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: [resolved] by MChoc24(f): 1:15pm On May 23, 2017
Why be ungrateful some cant have children

1 Like

Re: [resolved] by edimolu(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2017
No offence.....ur SIL is an ungrateful one....real mothers show endless love even before baby's arrival....smh undecided

8 Likes

Re: [resolved] by dacovajnr: 1:24pm On May 23, 2017
edimolu:
No offence.....ur SIL is an ungrateful one....real mothers show endless love even before baby's arrival....smh undecided
Edimolu Omo Akogun! grin you dey dull me
Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 23, 2017
People like this need a couple of years without any kids so that they can value what it is to have a child. What nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Blade21: 2:23pm On May 23, 2017
life is so funny I have 2boys and will give anything to have a girl and she's there feeling bad when some people can do just about anything to be in her shoe hmmmm it is well oo

3 Likes

Re: [resolved] by MizMyColi(f): 3:02pm On May 23, 2017
Na wa o

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 23, 2017
Lord please bless me with this blessing father, I pray.
It is well

2 Likes

Re: [resolved] by SURElee(f): 3:31pm On May 23, 2017
PaperLace:
1)Do away with that African mentality of male child is superior. Just first issue and she is putting so much pressure on herself? Are you sure no one is behind this? Maybe her husband/MIL?
Obama has 2 daughters. The Clintons have just 1.

2)What's wrong with a baby girl first? Focus more on training a child to be the best, irrespective of gender. I don't know how she'll do this, considering her mindset.

3)Remind her of people that are looking for just one.

Some women worry about the wrong things in pregnancy. I see some pregnant women worrying about gender, if the baby will be fair _ have plenty hair, pointed nose. Should that be their worry? Safe delivery and welfare of mother and child should be paramount.
If she doesn't appreciate what came easily to her,she should opt for IVF next time, do gender selection _pay mad money and still get told it's 50:50

She should show that child love when she comes. I pray she doesn't suffer serious postpartum depression.

God bless you. Since the pregnant lady knows about this thread she should read and internalise your comment. Ingratitude is really a disease. Some people are really looking for one aand not even bothered about gender anymore. Chai!

1 Like

Re: [resolved] by sweetmelanin(f): 4:13pm On May 23, 2017
smiley

2 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 23, 2017
sweetmelanin:
@MChoc24, edimolu, aqva & SURElee
Please don't be harsh in your judgement. truth is, a lot of women feel this pain but are afraid to say it out of fear of being tagged "ungrateful"
my SIL is a very sweet woman and we all cherish her so much... I've witnessed her crying because she hates that she feels this way sad of course she is grateful to be blessed with a child. it's just that she's been nurturing the idea of a son for so many years.

This is her first child so what's the big deal, is she not female herself or is she transgender?

2 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Jahblessme: 4:24pm On May 23, 2017
Tell her she's an ungrateful wretch.
Her first child and she's depressed?
Her mates start complaining at 4 girls and shes already whining when it's just that first
Many don't even have one at all,she should be ashamed of herself.
I hope she has many more girls let's see what she will do.then.
I absolutely am sick of women who act like girl children are worthless.

10 Likes

Re: [resolved] by SirVintageCock: 4:27pm On May 23, 2017
sweetmelanin:
@MChoc24, edimolu, aqva & SURElee
Please don't be harsh in your judgement. truth is, a lot of women feel this pain but are afraid to say it out of fear of being tagged "ungrateful"
my SIL is a very sweet woman and we all cherish her so much... I've witnessed her crying because she hates that she feels this way sad of course she is grateful to be blessed with a child. it's just that she's been nurturing the idea of a son for so many years.
1 She is a sociopath and a psychopath.
2 she is very ungrateful...I mean grossly ungrateful.
She has an increased risk of postnatal depression or psychosis which may lead her to either kill her baby or her self.

She is probably feeling this way because she may have bragged on how her first issue is going to be a BOY"""""" smack that"""""you BITCHES""""to her girlfriends. Or maybe she had a wager with somebody about it too.

I'd advice you to take her to a counselor before she harm herself. Pregnancy hormones ain't a joke per se, it may have knocked her thinking processes which when hot wired to a faulty memory in her past is messing her up.

3 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Warfibabe(f): 4:28pm On May 23, 2017
chai. ..... and my cousin and his wife are looking for pregnancy sef, after 9 years of marriage.

dat ur SIL better chillax, what should be important is the health of the baby, whether its a boy or girl. And also for God to grant her safe delivery.
Re: [resolved] by eyinjuege: 5:15pm On May 23, 2017
Anyway, dont wanna be a party pooper, but your SIL should have more serious concerns on her plate, and that includes taking a healthy pregnancy to term, having a safe delivery and staying healthy after delivery.
Even people you go abroad to birth are dying of pregnancy and childbirth complications.
She should focus on staying as fit as possible.
Re: [resolved] by Abiagirl777(f): 5:33pm On May 23, 2017
while I'm praying for a baby girl,biko,if you ppl know what to do to get one pls do tell me.

1 Like

Re: [resolved] by TheeDetective: 5:40pm On May 23, 2017
Absolute nansense she well so? undecided Some people wait for many many years before they can even have a single child whilst some will try and never have one. Here your SIL is having one and rather than her to be happy she’s sad because it is a girl and not a boy. Something really is wrong with her as she is an ingrate angry. The most important thing for her to worry about now is to have a safe delivery and a healthy child.

3 Likes

Re: [resolved] by spencekat(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2017
Female children rock.Instead of her to be grateful to God for being pregnant,she is feeling drepressed.When my wife's first pregnancy scan turned out to be a girl,I was overjoyed because I needed a female child as my first born.Even my wife was also happy.Guess what?,the baby,Sophia is growing to be one of the greatest women on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [resolved] by edimolu(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2017
dacovajnr:
Edimolu Omo Akogun! grin you dey dull me

Awon eleyi...twale ....baami hw i take dull yhu? cheesy
Re: [resolved] by thorpido(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2017
Your SIL has been sold all kind of stories to give her this poor mindset and a heart of ingratitude.Does she know how and what some have spent just to get pregnant?
Whatever makes her think having a girl as a first makes her a weakling?I even thought she already had like four girls?

This is annoying.

3 Likes

Re: [resolved] by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 23, 2017
She should be thanking God instead of complaining.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Came Back To Apologize With 10,000 After 15years / A Chronic Insultive Wife / Nigerian Men Spending Time Away From Their Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.