Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck (36097 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Husband Has Big Useless Manhood, Can’t Go More Than 1 Round - Zimbabwean Lady / "Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 28, 2017
What Asure Us You Are Summisive

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by awa(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2017
I wish you mentioned how long you have been in the marriage. Is this the first time you are noticing all these about your husband?

I am asking because it looks as if you have a complete opposite of you as husband. Ordinarily I don't understand why he doesn't want you to do work to support him. Is it that he is earning so much cash and supporting the entire family financially that he doesn't need your help as his helpmate?

Something is wrong somewhere help me to find out.....
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by todaynewsreview: 4:18pm On May 28, 2017
royalfly:
The op lied. .. read btw the lines you will see she is just that kind of woman who does things anyhow..field gym with thugs. airport hotel job. i guess your husband should work as an agbero... i guess you will be okay. woman comport yourself. .

You are right bro. She may attack you for saying the obvious. She's made up her mind already. Let her be please. Hotel for Married woman? Night Vigil she will attend alone (Benin Incidence of the Gospel Artist that died in a pastor room)? Gym? May God help that brother.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Praktikals(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds
I need an honest advice here. My husband has become a stumbling block for me, whenever i bring any opnion to him he sees the negative aspect only . i told him i want to learn hair dressing he goes against it, there was a time i got a job in airport hotel went against it.
Now why am so depressed and sad is that i have went to field to train because i cannot afford money to attend GYM house what he have to say is that that place is not secure becos of thugs.
This is a kind of man who doesnt contribute to my getting a befiting work, all he does condemn anything i do
Am a Gospel artist , he wont allow me go for outings especially night vigils. Am i not in trouble already or what can i do?
He is also violent and a bully

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by NigerianScholar: 4:21pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds
I need an honest advice here. My husband has become a stumbling block for me, whenever i bring any opnion to him he sees the negative aspect only . i told him i want to learn hair dressing he goes against it, there was a time i got a job in airport hotel went against it.
Now why am so depressed and sad is that i have went to field to train because i cannot afford money to attend GYM house what he have to say is that that place is not secure becos of thugs.
This is a kind of man who doesnt contribute to my getting a befiting work, all he does condemn anything i do
Am a Gospel artist , he wont allow me go for outings especially night vigils. Am i not in trouble already or what can i do?
U can e-mail me . jummyjj1983@gmail. Com
Maybe either of the two of you is paranoid.
Before i give my opinion. I need to hear both sides of the story. I adivice you both to discuss this on neutral grounds. In the presence of a responsible elder
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by todaynewsreview: 4:22pm On May 28, 2017
Billyonaire:

I see no problems here. You are creating those problems cos all the careers you mentioned there are somehow.

1. You want to be Gospel Artist ? Its a part time work. Gospel Artists do not have shows as much as others, so you need a real job.
2. You want to work in Hotel ? For Christ's sake, you are married.
3. Hair Dressing ? If your husband is an educated intelligent man, then the type of Saloon you need has to be Grand, nothing less than 10m can set it up, that is a standard, anything less than that could be too petty for his wife. (That might be going on, in his brain). Some men prefer their wives to be housewife until something good comes up.
4. Now you want to gym at a public field ? Common mam, It is unsafe, and you are gonna meet people who do not value marriage and it will erode your principles.

I know this is harsh, but someone has to tell you the truth. Your husband does not know how to love himself, so he loves you and expects you to love him, he is insecure and losing love to his mind sounds like losing his life. He is just a control freak. He is afraid of losing his wife, his life.

Solution:
Ask your husband to suggest the best thing you can do to help generate finance. And give him time to think about it. It seems he will be better at making a good decision.

Obey your husband, all marriages are unique. Everyone is trying to live together in a very hostile union we came to meet.

I do not even think there is need for people to be married these days. The wahala is just too much.

Good points ONLY IF she will learn from it. Thanks for raising these salient points.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by countryfive: 4:23pm On May 28, 2017
don't be mad at him, i think he is doing the right thing in some areas, i will never allow my wife work in an hotel even if she will b paid 1million naira, she cant work in a hair saloon lets she turns busi-body, gossip and start meddling in other people's private lives.

Woman can't u think of something else than
Field exercise? surely u would need a male fitness instructor to rub your body. everything is wrong with your suggestions.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Praktikals(m): 4:23pm On May 28, 2017
sorry, madam. You ve not done enough to earn his trust. Live with it or get a divorce
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by SURElee(f): 4:25pm On May 28, 2017
Sansa143:
Searched for the channel but no match!

Search for "BTRIM N HEALTHY".

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by crackhouse(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
femolacqua:
This serious, I think you should see your Pastor to intervene and check what the cause of the issue.
Why seeing a pastor? Is it a church issue?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by grafixdon: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Pls it is not about how many years you dated b4 marriage. A pretender can date you 100yrs pretending to be good. I don't believe in long dating but I believe in sincerity. It took me 14 days after meeting my wife to ask for her hand in marriage, one month after we did our trad. two months after we did Church wedding. Yet I didn't see her pants until our wedding night and we are living happily.

I think the problem with some people is insincerity in marriage. A lot of men and women are not sincere to their spouses and once the man or woman discovered that you have lied to him or her, forget it.

In this case, I think the man is afraid maybe from past experience hence he's behaving this way.

Until I hear from the man.

Shalom.

You're wise my brother.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Praktikals(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Invite her pastor ??

This is why i will never marry a dumb woman

Invite a stranger into your matrimonial problem ?? To do what exactly ?? To pray to his imaginary non existing God to intervene in their marriage ?? And Chris Oyakhilome who is a pastor couldn't save his marriage

I would break up with a girlfriend who thinks like you
And which fool will enter a relationship with you? Mad man.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Lloydfolarin: 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds

It's only a fool that ll not see that you are the problem of that marriage.

Trust my gut, you are not really into that man. From all indication, you don't really dig him. You might have digged him in d past but all gone now.

Look me in the eyes and tell me you are not cheating or cheated on him before

Any smart and Xperienced man ll know that you are the problem of that marriage.

Before your marriage, do you attend or go to gym? If your answer is yes, then you ll need to speak with him but if your answer is no, then he may just be surprised at your sudden appetite for adventures.

You are depressed and the next thing to do to get over your depression is paying for a gym session abiii? I shake my head for you.

From what you wrote up there and all indication, you seem to be the problem of that marriage.

It's normal in a any relationship where there is love for a husband or wife to raise some issues about safety and security.

It's normal for a man to express his displeasure about certain sector of economy where they don't really want their wives to work but with your woman cunning skills, you could get him to like the new job if you play or know how to rub his ego a little bit.

I have seen loads of women who chose different fields of discipline cos heir husbands didn't like Nursing or Social Workers jobs.

We have seen actresses who stopped acting as a result of being married to someone who doesn't like the profession. That doesn't mean the husbands didn't want his wife to succeed but for their privacy and other reasons known to him.

I know some people here who couldn't hold their homes together, people who are already at the verge of losing their marriage would tell you here that he doesn't have any right to do so but trust me, go and see all d proper homes where things are really working.

Go back home and rub his ego a little bit and ask him what he would like you to do. Come back here and give testimony.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by nnanaut(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
My sister take time to really ask your husband what he wants. you might just be misunderstanding him. Don't mind those who are insulting u or your his. just reason with him and try to persuade him on what you really want.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Reference(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
Did you not court. Courtship is to settle issues of fundamental existence as husband and wife. Every question should be answered then before contract signing. The more complicated the individuals the longer the courtship. Since you may have flunked the pre-qualification process the only option is to renegotiate terms. Oya. Start courting. You're not yet married. Common work issue una never settle.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 28, 2017
todaynewsreview:

Good points ONLY IF she will learn from it. Thanks for raising these salient points.
It is why a few of us still stay on this site, somehow one or more people will learn something good or atleast something to laugh at.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2017
Praktikals:

And which fool will enter a relationship with you? Mad man.

Great job standing up for a girl

Thirsty ass nigga
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by oodua1stson: 4:40pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds
madam gospel artists, is slandering someone part of your gospel artistry? You just want to give a dog a bad name so you can justify hanging it.

Abeg if you're tired of the marriage just silently and honorably walk away. No need to paint a evil picture of a man who can't defend himself here

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by missyadorable(f): 4:41pm On May 28, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Pls it is not about how many years you dated b4 marriage. A pretender can date you 100yrs pretending to be good. I don't believe in long dating but I believe in sincerity. It took me 14 days after meeting my wife to ask for her hand in marriage, one month after we did our trad. two months after we did Church wedding. Yet I didn't see her pants until our wedding night and we are living happily.

I think the problem with some people is insincerity in marriage. A lot of men and women are not sincere to their spouses and once the man or woman discovered that you have lied to him or her, forget it.

In this case, I think the man is afraid maybe from past experience hence he's behaving this way.

Shalom.

Well said..I dont also believe in long dating!
Always told myself 3 months into dating and no plans for marriage,I withdraw.

Met my husband in July,Sept he proposed,dec we were married....We are doing fine.
Prolonged dating/courtship is not criteria for successful marriage
If both parties could be sincere and open minded
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Reference(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Shalom.

I prefer to use the word 'court' rather than date. Dates don't perform any meaningful function. Courtship on the other hand is where issues of marraige are settled before hand. It is not a matter of insincerity or not. It is a matter of records and evidence. A proper courtship will have settled the fundamental issues amongst other things, of work, career, visons and aspirations. If he denies you simply bring out the agreement. Can he deny that. If the marraige heads to court you present your evidence. People think courtship is a joke or just talkshop. It is conference of committment and anyone who is not prepared to court is not prepared to marry. No woman should marry a man who is not comitted. Who hasn't answered all her questions. But it takes a quality, knowledgeable woman to handle a proper courtship and ask the right questions. Most are just blown away by the ocassion and are just looking for relief. How will you toy with a person that has power over you till your grave. People sef.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by greatcrown: 4:49pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds

Please take things calmly madam.
Every husband meant well and I believe your husband meant well in all his advice to you.

You claimed your husband always see the negative of your good intentions. The question is, are those negatives truly exists?
I want to belief that your husband is a great thinker who wants to see the efforts you have made in identifying those negatives and your level of preparedness to address them.

If your planning has been 100% ok, you will not pick offence when your husband voiced his fears over your plans rather you will come up with superior argument to convince him that he needs nothing to worry about.

As for gospel artiste with regards to going to vigil to perform, let me ask is he a Christian?
If yes, does he go to vigil?
If yes, then start performing in the place (Church) where he goes to vigil and when any church invite you for outing encourage him to go with you and appreciate him publicly for coming and allowing you.

As for the violent side, I think it is not as serious as you painted it.

If any of my assumptions is wrong please correct me so I can modify my response.

Inaddition, the two of you should look for material ; books, audio and video on how to build your home.
May the Lord continue to strengthen your home and fulfill his purpose concerning you and your household in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by hayboss: 4:55pm On May 28, 2017
Dear Op! I noticed from your previous post that this issue has been a reoccurring one!
My advice to you is to follow your dreams. I mean what makes you happy! In the end it boils down to YOU!
You are gonna be the one depressed, dejected and unhappy. It's high time women start living for themselves.
I wouldn't question your relationship. Your submission. Your past. Cos I believe it will be irrelevant. You know where it hurts most.
Do what makes you happy at all times. Network more and get a life! Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by favourmic(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2017
I'm the husband i will give you my reason after watch ball grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Praktikals(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Great job standing up for a girl
Thirsty ass nigga
that was for calling God imaginary.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by sukkot: 4:57pm On May 28, 2017
ominirajj:
Hi matured minds
LMAO we see you, OK lets analyse the activities you want to indulge in
1- work at airport hotel a well known olosho spot
2- you want to go for night vigil ? really ? so you can sleep with pastor and other men abi ?
3- you want to go gym to go and see sweaty fit and segzy men abi ?
cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2017
Praktikals:

that was for calling God imaginary.

Oh

Imaginary God

He doesn't exist, prove me wrong
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by sekundosekundo: 4:58pm On May 28, 2017
Reference:

I prefer to use the word 'court' rather than date. Dates don't perform any meaningful function. Courtship on the other hand is where issues of marraige are settled before hand. It is not a matter of insincerity or not. It is a matter of records and evidence. A proper courtship will have settled the fundamental issues amongst other things, of work, career, visons and aspirations. If he denies you simply bring out the agreement. Can he deny that. If the marraige heads to court you present your evidence. People think courtship is a joke or just talkshop. It is conference of committment and anyone who is not prepared to court is not prepared to marry. No woman should marry a man who is not comitted. Who hasn't answered all her questions. But it takes a quality, knowledgeable woman to handle a proper courtship and ask the right questions. Most are just blown away by the ocassion and are just looking for relief. How will you toy with a person that has power over you till your grave. People sef.

Any how you look at it, a pretender is a pretender whether in courtship or dating. Pray that you don't fall into the hand of a pretender.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Reference(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2017
missyadorable:

Met my husband in July,Sept he proposed,dec we were married....We are doing fine.

It is not the length that matters, it is the substance of what was discussed. If in three months all the issues had been thrashed out then its fine. If ones life is so simple a courtship can be concluded in 24 hours but if anything of substance was missed, that is where the problem arises. It is the complex nature of individuals these days that necessitates longer courtships. As women become more empowered and assertive there are more and more issues to be discussed and agreed upon. In the days of our fathers our mothers just accepted every possible outcome. Times have changed, society too. With the kind of complexities around my person if I were to be courting today I cannot see it last less than 5 years because I will be seeking to tie an equally complex, dynamic, high quality lady and I know she will come with a manual the size of the bible.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
u are a gospel artiste and you are facing all this challenges? there are some problems we Christians don't need to announce becos God has given us d ability to tackle those problems. guess what.. your husband don't consider your opinion becos you refuse to make ur self important to him. according to the bible women av d ability to build or scatter their home. it wasn't a mistake when God said he that finds a wife finds Good thing. sometimes before you ask ur husband opinion or approval of anything try to talk to God first. you cannot have God and be suffering na... its an error. God has made everything available for us but d ability to acquire those things is what we lack and that is why d scripture said my people perish because dy lack wisdom. some people got married and forget how to seek God opinion. if God is in support of any job u listed then ur husband has no say but u GATS play a role to establish Gods plan for u. praying always is not enough, be submissive to ur husband, sometimes behave like his child, his wife, his sister and mum.. be romantic. some people stop been romantic becos dy are married. try to make use of his mumu button at times. though am not married but I believe you can make it work if u want to. prayer and genuine fasting is the ultimate key.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by grafixdon: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

It's only a fool that ll not see that you are the problem of that marriage.

Trust my gut, you are not really into that man. From all indication, you don't really dig him. You might have digged him in d past but all gone now.

Look me in the eyes and tell me you are not cheating or cheated on him before

Any smart and Xperienced man ll know that you are the problem of that marriage.

Before your marriage, do you attend or go to gym? If your answer is yes, then you ll need to speak with him but if your answer is no, then he may just be surprised at your sudden appetite for adventures.

You are depressed and the next thing to do to get over your depression is paying for a gym session abiii? I shake my head for you.

From what you wrote up there and all indication, you seem to be the problem of that marriage.

It's normal in a any relationship where there is love for a husband or wife to raise some issues about safety and security.

It's normal for a man to express his displeasure about certain sector of economy where they don't really want their wives to work but with your woman cunning skills, you could get him to like the new job if you play or know how to rub his ego a little bit.

I have seen loads of women who chose different fields of discipline cos heir husbands didn't like Nursing or Social Workers jobs.

We have seen actresses who stopped acting as a result of being married to someone who doesn't like the profession. That doesn't mean the husbands didn't want his wife to succeed but for their privacy and other reasons known to him.

I know some people here who couldn't hold their homes together, people who are already at the verge of losing their marriage would tell you here that he doesn't have any right to do so but trust me, go and see all d proper homes where things are really working.

Go back home and rub his ego a little bit and ask him what he would like you to do. Come back here and give testimony.

Op, if you're wise, take this advice and make good use of it. Even marriage seminar can't help you more than this.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by sekundosekundo: 5:08pm On May 28, 2017
missyadorable:

Sincerity is the key my dear. The day I proposed to my wife, I told her that I have a son out of wedlock, though her countenance changed but in few days time she accepted. She said that I am better than her elder sister's husband that didn't open up to her sister only for her sister to find out later that he has a son out of wedlock.

Marriage is the sweetest thing on earth. Just be sincere to your husband or wife.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck by sekundosekundo: 5:13pm On May 28, 2017
awa:
I wish you mentioned how long you have been in the marriage. Is this the first time you are noticing all these about your husband?

I am asking because it looks as if you have a complete opposite of you as husband. Ordinarily I don't understand why he doesn't want you to do work to support him. Is it that he is earning so much cash and supporting the entire family financially that he doesn't need your help as his helpmate?

Something is wrong somewhere help me to find out.....

The husband doesn't trust her any more and she's the cause. Believe me, this lady has broken his heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.