Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President (25151 Views)

2023: Trouble For Osinbajo - The Sun / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP / Dele Momodu: A Special Evening With Osinbajo, The Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by rozayx5(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2017
emperorAY:
Who else discovered dat all the things outlined here can nt be considered as an achievement

dont mind them

2 years later nothing to show, just grammar and pouring of spit on the populace

as "bad" as GEj was he built power plants and railways/airports/universities and also built roads

this got has not shown sign of being serious for once

5 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by UnchangeableGod: 8:33am On May 29, 2017
Please, we need the prices of goods and services to come down and the value of the Naira to rise so that our money can buy much of our needs. Also if we are serious about the fight against corruption, it should not be about the past regime. Let it be all inclusive including what has transpired in the past two years. Otherwise, thieves would be running into the ruling party for cover. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Seunpaul01(m): 8:34am On May 29, 2017
These are still past achievements.
The schemes and bodies set up these things are not working. There was huge money put into production of fertilizer but the country agri - produced is still on inflation.
What we need is stable electricity, low cost of goods and services, infrastructural developmen, and revenue generation to create jobs. Obvious achievement has not show in this areas.

What has been done with the recovered loot. You are talking of 2017 budget when the year is almost halfway.

It hasn't show that this government is working.

God bless this nation, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Odogwuskido(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2017
Another long epistle.... Yawns...
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by ReubenE(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2017
Incompetence is smelling all over the speech.
Lemme not waste my time talking about it since all what he said are familiar and expected things, from using the first one year to clear the mess they inherited, to the so many, we will.....above all, two things caught my attention.

First, he said hope, I really don't understand what he meant by Hope. The word hope is not a very good thing to hold unto in Nigeria. How do we hope when those who swore to protect us end up killing us?
How do we hope when those who promised to make our lives better are so resolute in making our lives worse?
How do we hope when some of us die in our sleep without knowing the offence we committed? From herdsmen to Baddo.....hope has a different meaning in Nigeria.

Secondly, did he say Nigeria is on a journey to greatness? I don't think so, and certainly not with them running the affairs of the country
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by mandarin: 8:38am On May 29, 2017
Honestly inflation that is over 17% isn't good for an economy experiencing recession and consumer index nosedived. But we cannot still go back to an imports subsidized trade based economy when we don't really produce anything. The type of economy that most Nigerians want is that which allow them to make free money, consume imported products and live well even though if their lives depends on other countries.
However, the major factors of production are not being worked on as seriously as to guarantee that local productivities envisaged: power is epileptic, access to SME funding is slow etc. TSA has helped in curbing corruption but initiatives to drive economic productivity is not known to the cabals and they won't allow PYO work.
The way forward is decentralization of the power grid system to regional system, decentralize the political structure for ease of governance and eliminate the Senate, its a needless power playing ground, Nigeria will soar.
Happy democracy Nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by victorazy(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2017
no 8 got me cracking. vision in London
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Sunbulb(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2017
K
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by ReubenE(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2017
Incompetence is smelling all over the speech.
Lemme not waste my time talking about it since all what he said are familiar and expected things, from using the first one year to clear the mess they inherited, to the so many, we will.....above all, two things caught my attention.

First, he said hope, I really don't understand what he meant by Hope. The word hope is not a very good thing to hold unto in Nigeria. How do we hope when those who swore to protect us end up killing us?
How do we hope when those who promised to make our lives better are so resolute in making our lives worse?
How do we hope when some of us die in our sleep without knowing the offence we committed? From herdsmen to Baddo.....hope has a different meaning in Nigeria.

Secondly, did he say Nigeria is on a journey to greatness? I don't think so, and certainly not with them running the affairs of the country.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by theSpark(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2017
savagefinder:
major decisions like?

Not Buhari's resignation sha smiley But to be honest I can't say what major decisions. If I knew I'd have mentioned in my earlier post but I just know I feel disappointed with the speech.
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by DLuciano: 8:44am On May 29, 2017
otokx:
Too long a speech.
don't blame him, the speech is as long as Nigeria issues
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Sunbulb(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2017
2kass:
Happy democracy day....!!!

Though I still prefer a good military leader for Nigeria as at this moment. cuz Nigeria needs someone that can handle her with iron hand not corrupt useless and worthless senators.

The sad thing is that even the military leaders we had were also useless.

May our children and children, children not suffer from the kinds leaders we suffered frm.

I can see d positivity coming tho!!!
Maybe clulessness is in Nigerian genes.

I mean we have most public schools encouraging cheating in external examinations.
In Student union elections, people vote for who comes from their department irrespective of his qualities.
Many of us think getting a job especially government jobs is basically about the salary and not what you can offer
Nigerians don't even know the exact problems facing them.
We only insult leaders that aren't doing well without critically analysing what the problems are.

Even if youths revolt today or the military takes over.
We'll still have clueless leaders

We need all Nigerians to understand what government and governance entails
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Angy55(f): 8:49am On May 29, 2017
GambaOsaka:
God bless Prof. Osinbajo

God bless President Buhari

God bless Nigeria !!!!!!!!

AND.....

God punish the haters . If they like make dem go kill themselves, I prefer this guys to the PhD Zoology teacher.
When God is punishing you already

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Nobody: 8:51am On May 29, 2017
All i know is that tomorrow is my public holiday. if my boss like make e go die. #iStandWithBiafra
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by godunia(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2017
A seed will first die before it brings forth new plant, thank God Nigeria is on the right part to growth. A better Nigeria is possible. The Country is in the process of rebirth and it takes time before the results becomes visible. we all have a duty to make the country great, let's focus on what unites us rather than our differences.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by farem: 9:00am On May 29, 2017
hucienda:
Historic dates.
1st October.
30th May.
29th May.

How is 30th May historic? PMB wan come back tomorrow?
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by farem: 9:08am On May 29, 2017
abouzaid:
who else thinks that the speech is empty? we just have to survive these people till 2019.

Don't spread that virus here!
Kindly highlight what you consider 'empty' in the speech for us here before anyone will take note of jaundiced mindset
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Zeddicuz(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2017
Dis speech is just a concoction of mishmash,fictions and creative embellishments,dis govt is a big disgrace to humanity.
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by savagefinder: 9:23am On May 29, 2017
theSpark:

Not Buhari's resignation sha smiley But to be honest I can't say what major decisions. If I knew I'd have mentioned in my earlier post but I just know I feel disappointed with the speech.
I actually like the speech.. But he should have left out the achievements of last year..
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by edetcnn(m): 9:44am On May 29, 2017
I read this democracy speech and I also read one from one Umar Nasko on Facebook.
I think all Nigerian youths should read that.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/umarmnasko/posts/1943906995895209:0

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by k2kay(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2017
The past two years have been nothing but untold hardship.
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Nobody: 9:57am On May 29, 2017
DEMOCRACY: STOP CHAUVINISM (by Azeez Ibrahim Opeyemi 08107428875)

Time is certain, as is a procedural phenomenon which reveals certainty; just as my country witnessed its 17years of Democracy.

The wish of the nationalist who struggle endlessly for autonomy and self-governance as USEN SMITH says: “they are the people that comes together in utter disregard of their ethnic and religious barriers; they mobilized the masses and were able to wrest for political freedom for unification of the nation politically, morally, socially and economically” then why not maintain the standard if we can’t improve or increased it and not let it fall to drift as we presently witnessing.

Chauvinism has develop in our individual orientation mind-set; from the beginning of our history (as a divided regions under the colonial masters) chauvinism was not deeply welcome to perforce in Nigeria but as a mere surreal and a taboo. The time Nigeria got her independence we were firmly united; in my opinion things started falling apart after the first (and failed) military coup which up to this present day lead to one or another pressing problems.

It is regrettably endemic that the pungency of chauvinism instead of reasonable patriotism has been entrenched deeply into the psyche of common Nigerians. It has successfully penetrated every “nook and cranny” of this country so much that some are of parrhesiastic opinion that it can’t be disarmed and hardly can it be reduced, and the most solicitous part of it is that most of us fall prey of it by mere surmising because Nigerians are very susceptive or vulnerable when it comes to tribalism or religions issues.

The issue of chauvinism also trend to the imbibed habit of reviling and vituperating leaders with vigour so long as they are not sharing the same faith or the same region, infact some Nigerians prefer to feel any kind of trauma as long as the leader belongs to their tribe, region or religion; they don’t care whether the government is capable or not, provided the leader is from their locality or region or they share same religion or tribe. If a particular tribe is in power other tribe or ethnic groups would develop cynical feelings about him.

At this juncture I will love or implore everybody to invoke CHINS AGYRIS THEORY “Immaturity to maturity theory” – which center on common growth and development were individual/society grows from dependent to independent.

The onus of a better Nigeria lies not only on our leaders but also on us inclusively.

Let just inject ourselves with a spirit of “what touches one should also touches all and decided by all”… the spirit of electing credible and competent leaders not based on ethnic or religion, the spirit that will bind us away from chauvinism and self-interest to sustainable growth and development in which we can achieve the acme of better Nigeria. We can’t confront these unless we understand our differences and keep it aside and work with a common interest.

HAPPY INDEPENDENT DAY FROM AZEEZ IBRAHIM OPEYEMI (BABAAELINO).

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Treas1: 9:57am On May 29, 2017
Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

May the Lord lead the heart of our leaders right and give them the strength to to what is right..

Happy democracy day Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Lukgaf(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2017
a fail country
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2017
When Buhari and APC came into power Garri was sold at N350 a penta.
After Buhari and APC' 2 full years in power, Garri is now N1,200 a penta.
May be by 2019 it's going to be N4,400.
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Ajalekoko76(m): 10:37am On May 29, 2017
otokx:
Too long a speech.
Lazy future leader.
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by UnchangeableGod: 10:38am On May 29, 2017
Treas1:
Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

May the Lord lead the heart of our leaders right and give them the strength to to what is right..

Happy democracy day Nigerian
Amen!
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by Dadurty(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2017
Democracy indeed ...with d situation of d country ...we r still in military era...d same set of old fools dt ruled us b4 r still in ruling us...d only difference is dt dey Av changed d military uniform 2 native attire
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by spenca: 11:13am On May 29, 2017
"N-Power, another component has engaged 200,000 unemployed graduates – none of whom needed any ‘connections’ to be selected."

This is a lot saddening , your relations get the juicy ones and you here selling the dried out ones to the mazes in the name of "no connection" required ? Please don't call us a fool sir . Loyalty is not slavery
Re: Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President by chesseed: 12:12pm On May 29, 2017
PediakAuthor:

20. We also know that this journey will of necessity take time. But we will not succumb to the temptation to take short-cuts that ultimately complicate the journey. We did not find ourselves in crises overnight, and we simply do not expect overnight solutions to our challenges.

21. The most important thing is that we are on the right path, and we will not deviate from it, even in the face of strong temptation to choose temporary gain over long-term benefit. As the President has summed it up: “The old Nigeria is slowly but surely disappearing, and a new era is rising.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Vs APC: Zone That Must Produce Our Presidential Candidate – Fayose / Fashola Tenders Unreserved Apology To Reps / INEC Sets Date For 2019 Presidential Election, February 16, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.