Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,859 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke (24611 Views)

Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / Buhari Has Failed Nigeria – Donald Duke / Voting Buhari in 2019 will spell doom for Nigeria-Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 30, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Former governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke, on Tuesday said he would still take a shot at the presidency if the opportunity presented itself.

Duke spoke at a programme “The Nigerian Symposium for Emerging Leaders” held in Lagos.

He said though he once aspired to the position but did not emerge the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, he would still contest for the highest office in the country at the appropriate time.

Duke explained that it was because of his preference for the presidential seat that he did not vie for any federal legislative seat after serving out his terms as governor.

“I do not have the flair for the legislature; standing up and sitting down at the chambers to raise a point. That was why I did not contest for the Senate but the presidency, after serving out my term as governor.

“I have contested the presidency before; I will still give it a shot when the opportunity presents itself . I believe I still have the energy in me,” he said.

The former governor canvassed the reform of the country`s political system to accommodate wider participation and good governance.

He suggested the review of the electoral law to allow for independent candidacy.

Duke said the country`s democracy would fare better if young people, who form the larger proportion of the population ,took more active part in its political process.

He said most developed countries had young people as their leaders at one point or the other in their democratic history.

The former governor, however, said power was never given easily, urging young people to participate in the political process and use their prime to add value to the country.

“I want to urge young people in the country not to see leadership as if it belongs to some people, but do everything positive to be part of it.

“You can only make a difference at the prime of your life. You can actually add value now, not when you are above 50.

“So, you need to be part of the political process and play your part. It is your right to be there; nobody is doing you a favour.

“You represent more than 60 per cent of the population; you don’t have to beg for it.

“Just make effort to make that change and contribute your quota to nation building,“he said.

Duke urged government at all levels to be accountable and challenged the governed to demand more from their leaders.

Also speaking, former Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra State decried lack of transparency and accountability in government.

He said the situation was responsible for the level of corruption in the country and poor delivery of dividends of democracy.

Obi said the way out of the quagmire was for leaders to carry the governed along in budgetary spending and plans for effective tracking.

“The way forward is that governments should make their budgets more explicit and published. The plans and the money to be spent on them should be clearly stated.

“That is when people can track and make comparative analysis with previous budgets and then we can achieve some transparency,” he said.

The former governor also urged the masses to show more interest in the budget so as to keep leaders on their toes.

Mr Seun Onigbinde, Chief Executive Officer, BudgIt, an organisation with interest in accountability in public finance, urged Nigerians to demand accountability from their governments.

He also urged governments at all levels to always carry the people along in their budgetary proposals and implementation to achieve accountability.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/i-still-want-to-rule-nigeria-donald-duke/

This Duke makes more sense than the pretender and tribalist Peter Obi

5 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by rose54321: 6:37pm On May 30, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Revolution you said?

Now ask yourself, who is ready to die for Nigeria. Are you?

Unless that answer is YES, Revolution will never find its way in Naija.

You are right sha, historically most revolutions involved people sacrificing themselves (either out of frustration like in Tunisia, or killed in the process of demonstrating like Martin Luther).
It is well sha, hopefully we can achieve ours without loss of life, peaceful protests...

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by vantage001: 6:40pm On May 30, 2017
deji15:

This Duke makes more sense that pretender and tribalist Peter Obi
As long as it is not a cone-headed afonja.

3 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 30, 2017
vantage001:

As long as it is not a cone-headed afonja.

The one that is there right now, what can you do about it?

6 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by vantage001: 6:50pm On May 30, 2017
deji15:

The one that is there right now, what can you do about it?
Let him run for election as the prime candidate and win na. Not hiding under sai buhari.
His opposition begins right from the primaries dominated by entitled northern cabals that would whoop his afonja ass.

3 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 30, 2017
vantage001:

Let him run for election as the prime candidate and win na. Not hiding under sai buhari.
His opposition begins right from the primaries dominated by entitled northern cabals that would whoop his afonja ass.

His Uncle OBJ had no problem taking care of you and your Northern Cabals. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by vantage001: 6:53pm On May 30, 2017
deji15:

His Uncle OBJ had no problem taking care of you and your Northern Cabals. grin grin grin grin grin
hahahaa.
His uncle OBJ that did not ran as a yoruba candidate but as a northern consensus.
What happened to the son of the shoil olu falae?

2 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 30, 2017
Donald Duke is fine as long as he will be far to everyone and not be scared to stay on scripts dictated by either the SW or North.
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by rayopt(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2017
rose54321:

You are right sha, historically most revolutions involved people sacrificing themselves (either out of frustration like in Tunisia, or killed in the process of demonstrating like Martin Luther).
It is well sha, [s]hopefully we can achieve ours without loss of life,[/s] peaceful protests...

unfortunately, there z no revolution without sacrifice. .

that's y i laugh unapologetically at those that celebrate ojukwu — a man that started wat he could not finish, a man that that sacrificed his own people cos of his own personal vendetta. .

wat happened at the end of the day? he ran away!!!!

to start a revolution ain't the issue but rather to finish the course!!!

the only revolution that does not require blood sacrifice is the one that involves great patience and enlightenment. .wat u sacrifice here is TIME!. .this is wat my Igbo brothers lack, they see it as a sign of weakness and slavery bt we call it strength!!!

we would rather wait and play wisely but they prefer to fight now!!

well. .wateva gets them thru d night sha!!!

revolution z the only way tho' how we choose to fight depends on us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by DONSMITH123(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2017
rose54321:

It is well sha, hopefully we can achieve ours without loss of life, peaceful protests...

It's not gonna happen my brother. We need people who can give up their life for their father land.
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by DONSMITH123(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2017
lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by DONSMITH123(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2017
lalasticlala...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 30, 2017
vantage001:

hahahaa.
His uncle OBJ that did not ran as a yoruba candidate but as a northern consensus.
What happened to the son of the shoil olu falae?
So his Uncle is a Northen candidate? Interesting. So OBJ is probably from Sokoto grin grin grin grin. Whatever makes you feel happy, no one can deny you that fun

5 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by ephi321(f): 7:25pm On May 30, 2017
id911:

If French youths had this type of mentality Emmanuel Macron would certainly not be French President today.

May God eternally bless every Nigerian youth that will think differently and support intellectuals like Donald Duke, Akinwumi Adesina, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, etc to rescue us from the current vultures we have now

Well said.

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 30, 2017
We don't want rulers we want leaders, servant leaders at that.
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by banmee(m): 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
nextprince:
Donald Duke, you are very qualified to rule Nigeria, and I will personally cast my vote for you.

Lol...qualified how? He is a nigerian. He is already disqualified. Plus, leaders lead, tyrants rule.

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by ephi321(f): 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
rayopt:

this piece gat me thinking. . .

since 1999, have the northerners ever allowed themselves to be sidelined from that 2 positions? . . .can they even give it up?

We in the south gat tu think ooo. . .instead of throwing diz afonja-flatiron tantrums upandan. .we gatz think ooo

Hmmm. Answer is No.
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
I like him, but because of ......
he should wait until after Osinbajo, Ekwesili and Fashola, or be vice to Osinbajo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by martineverest(m): 7:30pm On May 30, 2017
after stealing awa money?
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Sodijan(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2017
U better limited campaign to ur Biafra nation b'cos nobody will vote for u in NW, NC , NE, SW
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by kaystick86(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2017
I will mobilise my entire community to vote for you but you must never contest via APC

2 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by misano(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2017
To Donald Duke .

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 30, 2017
donald pls go and sit down...enough of all this youth leadership talk...abi no be d same thing wey Oyegun talk abt Yahya Bello of Kogi State?

2 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by nextstep(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2017
What would happen if the youths don't vote for any form the older generation? Can they actually get elected without our votes (as in do you need a minimum number) or will it be that whoever has the most votes (no matter how small) still wins?
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by henrymom18(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2017
Duke all the way 2019, just d way I voted PMB in 2015!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by omobaba101(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
Let the youth in this nation arise and say enough with our votes. If we can start here. Let's endorse candidates in a younger generation apart from this ruling class that are intelligent and fit to rule . He may not be very rich, but as volunteers, we can all work to install good presidency and duplicate same process at every other level

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by emmaitive(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
sure,my vote is for u sir

1 Like

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Misterdhee1(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
Ezenwammadu:
They will rather vote for a dying hausa man than this eminently qualified individual

Useless people
Same way your foolish people blindly voted for a clueless Phd Holder.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

2 south south?
I dey laugh o!
a duke/shehu sani would be better if possible

3 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by mykemiley(f): 7:37pm On May 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Make fayose or wike your vice and watch how the youths would turn out enmass to vote for you...
Abeg no mix gud blood and bad blood 2geda o....I beg u angry cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke by alen4smith(m): 7:37pm On May 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Make fayose or wike your vice and watch how the youths would turn out enmass to vote for you...
fayose?what are you smoking!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bello Is A Useful Idiot, Slave - FFK Attacks Governor Over Loyalty To Buhari / APC Lagos West Leaders Warn Babajide Sanwo-olu / Mobolaji Johnson Commissions The Lagos City Hall (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.