Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,743 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails (19173 Views)

Buhari Swears In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission (Photos) / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by fabre4: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:
We will not give you Biafra, come fight us if you can.

Biafra will never be achieved by your insults and chestbeating until you learn your ways.

it's not yours to give it's ours to take. When every igbo imbibes that consciousness in them then you will know that power lies with the people.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by maximilano: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2017
drss2:
hypocrisy n wickedness is d middle name of d zoo call nijeriya
I hope one nijeriya disciples, espcially those from south east can see hypocrisy n wickedness in full display with their eyes ONE NIJERIYA is a MYTH!
dis among many evils in dis satanic infested con3 is d reason why Biafra will soon materialize.
it is a norm world wide dat after fighting (war) is over, reconstruction follows immediately to rebuild damaged infrastructure destroyed during d war. dis is no special treatment. it is standard practice worldwide.

* after d american civil war in 1865, abraham lincoln set up reconstructions govts in key states of southern confederates to help build d region.

* after d second world war in 1945, america set up marshal plan to help rebuild europe. d marshal reconstruction plan by america was key to western europes recovery after d devastation of d second world war. today western europe is an economic power house.

d purpose of reconstruction is not just rebuilding damaged infrastructure, but to help reconcile d affected region back. but here in nijeriya it was a different ball game. not only was d biafra region neglected after d civil was, biafran wealth n properties wia confiscated. if not wickedness n injustice why will anybody oppose d rebuilding of a war-torn area
ar northern born to rule extremist not vigorously pushing for d reconstruction of north east region after d devastation by their pet project boko arams? why reject dat of south east? wickedness of d highest order! yet they expect Biafrans to remain in dis shiit-hole fruad call nijeriya God forbid!!!!

modified:
d funy tin about nijeriya is dat d north east developement commission ( a region dat produces notin except terrorist) will be funded by niger delta oyel monies, while south east, dat is host to indegenous manufacturing companies, oyel companies n oyel wells is rejected. talk about wickedness in high places.
You call Nigeria a zoo and still want her to develop your Zone? The NE is relevant in the agricultural sector for example beans production.Is it your Ugu leaf that can grow anywhere you call contribution?

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2017
Timbuktuo:
My brother, na so we see am. Objectivity and critical thinking are as rare as dodos.

They are provided for in the Nigerian budget. Besides, it's north the north, it's the NE.

As a matter of fact, yes. You may encourage your friends/brothers in the SE to bomb their region to oblivion copying their Book Haram mentors in the north. I assure you, this bill will be speedily passed. As it stands, though, your region is too peaceful to be demanding for extra money after receiving allocation like other states on other regions.

Good advice.

What does this comment mean?

unquote me.. i don't need to chit chat with anyone. Let me be plz
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by cktheluckyman: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2017
wirinet:

So you guys want to depend solely on Nigerdelta oil and Lagos VAT for your development and survival? And you guys will have the audacity to label others parasites.
Who owns the companies that pays the VATs in Lagos? Are you fucking kidding me?
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Odingo1: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Chamboor:

Thank you sir, the SW senators did not cry foul whereas this bill will benefit not only Lagos but Nigeria as a nation due to the Economic position of Lagos and large influx of migration of other tribes into the center of excellence.. U cited adding adding Kano and anambra to the special status state will be the best, Adding SOUTHWEST DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION,NORTHCENTRAL DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION,NORTHWEST DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION won't be bad idea either..
One of the senators from the Southeast said he will not support the Lagos special status bill because if voted in other states will start calling for finances and support, I think the same rule apply here too
It is good if all region will have a development commission, three or four state with special status, development should spread in Nigeria not only one state.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ephi321(f): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

I agree with you every part deserve fairness but this was done in National Assembly. And it is a matter of majority, you build bridges with other even before you move the motion. But happen? The sponsor of the motion wasn't even present.

That's not true. It was the first time the sponsor wasn't around. He later presented it and the bill was still turned down.
This whole thing will snowball eventually at this rate.

“ Now that he is here , we will take it. Nobody will shut out anybody because we don’ t have the right to do that. ”
Dogara calmed frayed nerves and opened debate on the bill.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ephi321(f): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2017
NubiLove:

How long would you keep spreading that lie? it was NOT buhari that said he would make Nigeria ungovernable it was alhaji lawal kaita who was and is still a member of pdp!

Yes, same way as Buhari must have been misconstrued about the baboon statement, it was an error lost in translation right. Well, his actions have totally proven him now.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

That's not true. It was the first time the sponsor wasn't around. He later presented it and the bill was still turned down.
This whole thing will snowball eventually at this rate.

Then the bill was turn down. Why? Majority are against it. Why? You have no friends, you build walls and insult others.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by soflygerian(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2017
Fiscal federalism is the only way out, but yet none of these so called honourables will be honourable enough to do the needful. Every zone wanting a commission so they can be closer to the money jst as NDDC has been doing littering everywhere with abandon projects. Extra load on FG plus extra power not needed.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by maximilano: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2017
ceecee0703:

sometimes i wonder why graduates or undergraduates i presume smart are so dull intellectually...even Dubai that has monumental structures is still being developed, abuja that is assumed developed is still being developed. Read my text properly and borrow sense.
My friend you and your people are the ones saying SE is Paradise. I was only buttressing what you people said. Y'all claim to have developed everywhere....Lol

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Benekruku(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:
Two Reasons Make The Bill To Fail:

1. They Igbo (PDP) refuse to build bridges with other members, they choose to buid walls. Who do you expect to support this bill: The illiterate Ab0ki or the Ewedu eating brown teeth Afonjas. You have fight with every every.

2. The bill is uncalled for. The southeast is Paradise, Biafrans have developed it. Those kinda of bills is meant for the poverty backward illiterate north or northeast specifically. We already have commision for the backward northest, remain commission for backward northwest, followed by Northcentral.

The north must be drag from 1960 to 2017 and that's what Emir of Kano Sunusi is calling for.

Tell me another thing!

Is it not same South-East after river Niger? Or there is another one?
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ephi321(f): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

Then the bill was turn down. Why? Majority are against it. Why? You have no friends, you build walls and insult others.

You still don't understand the concept of fairness in running a country or institution, why should fairness be based on friendship? No wonder all the government agency jobs go to the unqualified, because they are the ones with "friends in power". I get you now.

We really do have a problem in this country with this kind of thinking. Quite unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by martinlooter(m): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2017
ProfTeaa:
Useful bill.

We already have North East Development Commission. Later every zone will advocate for:

South West Development Commission

North Central Development Commission

North West Development Commission, etc.

You forgot Niger Delta Development Commission
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Benekruku(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2017
ESDKING:
It would have even be useless if the bill had scaled through.
The song of every Igbo man is singing now is "Breakup" nothing more nothing less.

The one @bokis have, where are they today ?

Majority of them look so hungry and malnourished, even when they also claim to feed the nation.
How can you claim to be feeding someone when hunger is your company ?.

YOU CAN NOT GIVE WHAT U DON'T HAVE.

Those same people u call Aboki's re the wealthiest in Nigeria. A few of them can but some regions if allowed to bid.

Don't underrate an average hausa man, he is not loud but heavy
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by fulanmafia: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

1. They Igbo (PDP) refuse to build bridges with other members, they choose to buid walls. Who do you expect to support this bill: The illiterate Ab0ki or the Ewedu eating brown teeth Afonjas. You have fight with every every.

2. The bill is uncalled for. The southeast is Paradise, Biafrans have developed it. Those kinda of bills is meant for the poverty backward illiterate north or northeast specifically. We already have commision for the backward northest, remain commission for backward northwest, followed by Northcentral.

The north must be drag from 1960 to 2017 and that's what Emir of Kano Sunusi is calling for.

Aman ka biya ni with this post.

Wish I could give it a billion likes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Benekruku(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Who owns the companies that pays the VATs in Lagos? Are you fucking kidding me?

Who owns the companies?
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Oba09085(m): 10:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Calling a spade a spade; the igbos are the least politically evolved of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria. The north is by far more politically evolved. The north understands that politics is a game of numbers and the majority will always have their way (nine in ten times). The igbos on the other hand either lack this understanding or try to downplay it's significance and would rather play the bravery above all odds cards. While they may be brave and all matching this bravery with wit would have been more productive.
In my opinion the bill failed because the igbos have made potential allies sworn enemies and as a result the bill did not get the needed support. Obviously the SE has not gotten the necessary attention it deserves in comparison to some other geopolitical zones, however the practice of seclusion has not helped matters.
It is time for the igbos to recognise that their sworn enemies the yorubas are their jokers to get anything out of this country. The yorubas on the other hand also need the igbos just as much.
This the north understood hence their ability to oust an incumbent in the last general election. Politics is a game you rob my back I rob yours.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

Yes, same way as Buhari must have been misconstrued about the baboon statement, it was an error lost in translation right. Well, his actions have totally proven him now.

bottom line: the ungovernable statement was not made by buhari.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by FriendNG: 10:46am On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

You still don't understand the concept of fairness in running a country or institution, why should fairness be based on friendship? No wonder all the government agency jobs go to the unqualified, because they are the ones with "friends in power". I get you now.

We really do have a problem in this country with this kind of thinking. Quite unfortunate.

Channel that question to the Nigerian constitution. Majority carry the vote. If you cannot get the majority then you will be left out. You support me and I support you, dax the national assembly.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ephi321(f): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

Channel that question to the Nigerian constitution. Majority carry the vote. If you cannot get the majority then you will be left out. You support me and I support you, dax the national assembly.

Incredible mindset.

No wonder progress hasn't been made in this country.

Meanwhile you are happy to take resources from the other regions? Incredible.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ephi321(f): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
NubiLove:

bottom line: the ungovernable statement was not made by buhari.

Wrong.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by kcduke(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2017
It's pity many e-rats on this forum do not know or choose to ignore the fact that Niger Delta is not an ethnic group but a geographical location which has now been expanded to comprise of 9 states. 5 from south-south, 3 from South East & 1 from South West. But in a strong bid to separate the Igbos from their brothers, some go to the extent of separating South East from Niger Delta in their ignorance or self delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by amc: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2017
Chamboor:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/rowdy-session-senators-shoot-special-status-bill-lagos/
http://sunnewsonline.com/commotion-as-senators-reject-special-status-bill-for-lagos/

That's it bro, read and comprehend..SE senators should form a strong alliance with the SW senators,

Senator Hope Uzodima from Imo State said: “If we approve a bill like this, states like Zamfara, Imo, Enugu and others will begin to ask for support and assistance. I think we should look at the assets in Lagos State and see how the Federal Government can assist Lagos state to augment what it is doing.”

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by DocHMD: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

This is the beginning of the more fatal consequences of Biafra noise.
Your favorite candidate lost an election badly, move on and map out strategies for next election and not disturbing the peace of the nation and making the country ungovernable for the admin.

Mr ewedu man, I thought you said the other day you support Biafra? Why is your ewedu mouth saying a different today like Judas? grin grin
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by kelechi17(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

We own the UN. We have Us, UK, China, France, Germany are sympathetic to Nigeria + Amina who is UN Duputy Sec Gen. We own UN.
ppl dnt really understand what is about to happen in southeast Nigeria...if ipob asked people to stay at home and ibos did ..b prepared 2019 if there is no restructuring in naija I assure you the next tin is dey will ask ndigbo not to participate in d 2019 general election and swiftly d people will obey
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ProWalker: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:

Mr ewedu man, I thought you said the other day you support Biafra? Why is your ewedu mouth saying a different today like Judas? grin grin

Completely indifferent but want you guys to leave. However, it's becoming obvious everyday that you are actually insincere with your agitation but only trying to force the hands of the government for political concessions.
The SE of Nigeria holds the highest collection of unprincipled and unfocused humans on the world.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by DocHMD: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Completely indifferent but want you guys to leave. However, it's becoming obvious everyday that you are actually insincere with your agitation but only trying to force the hands of the government for political concessions.
The SE of Nigeria holds the highest collection of unprincipled and unfocused humans on the world.

They've stuck on their Biafran guns in the face of death. You've pendulated severally from 'I hate Biafra' to 'Biafra is a scam' to 'We ewedu people are indifferent' to 'Biafra must be actualized' to 'We must destroy Biafra'
within just few months.

Other tribes see Ewedu people lack principles, two-faced januses and always approbating and reprobating without shame.

You hate biafra but when it actualized, you will remember odudu-ewedu republic. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ipodstinks: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2017
ESDKING:
It would have even be useless if the bill had scaled through.
The song of every Igbo man is singing now is "Breakup" nothing more nothing less.

The one @bokis have, where are they today ?

Majority of them look so hungry and malnourished, even when they also claim to feed the nation.
How can you claim to be feeding someone when hunger is your company ?.

YOU CAN NOT GIVE WHAT U DON'T HAVE.
Same way you claim to develop other region but your own region looks shamble.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by ProWalker: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:

[s]They've stuck on their Biafran guns in the face of death. You've pendulated severally from 'I hate Biafra' to 'Biafra is a scam' to 'We ewedu people are indifferent' to 'Biafra must be actualized' to 'We must destroy Biafra'
within just few months.

Other tribes see Ewedu people lack principles, two-faced januses and always approbating and reprobating without shame.

You hate biafra but when it actualized, you will remember odudu-ewedu republic[/s]. grin grin

Quoting you is sheer waste of time. You add no value to any discussion but to shout ewedu and grin all over the forum like a deranged boy.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by DocHMD: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Quoting you is sheer waste of time. You add no value to any discussion but to shout ewedu and grin all over the forum like a deranged boy.

Truth is always painful bro. grin
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:

when the Yorubas and Igbos where going to school, the hausas where praying in the mosque, so the nation should not move until we help them love to 2017?

that is like waiting till eternity, because they will never get ready, unlike they put aside their religious beliefs for once, and embrace Western education.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Omonigeriarere: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2017
wirinet:

So you guys want to depend solely on Nigerdelta oil and Lagos VAT for your development and survival? And you guys will have the audacity to label others parasites.

U dey mind them? Na so one of them dey tell me say all their medical, educational, social and developmental needs must be met for them to rescind the agitation for Biafra.

I then ask him that which tribe or region is enjoying such in Nigeria and under whose leadership? The guy become deaf and dumb with immediate effect.

They want Biafra today; they want another thing from FGN tomorrow.

What a confused set of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: INEC Expresses Fear Over IPOB Week-Long Sit-At-Home Order / ‘what’s Your Headache’, Keyamo Asks Critics Questioning Tinubu’s Family’s Origin / Ifeanyi Ubah Meets With Victor Umeh, APGA Caucus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.