Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,396 members, 7,901,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:56 PM

Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails (19291 Views)

Buhari Swears In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission (Photos) / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by blacknp(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Nnamdi was right that Nigeria will never be the best country for us
The sad words of a failure,may I recommend cameroun,equatorial guinea or gabon,to make your exclusive choice location for your beloved biafra republic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by jude90(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
REMINDER of what happened when......

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month...
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.
The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by blacknp(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
jude90:
REMINDER of what happened when......

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month...
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.
The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50
Lazy man talking of people that don't want work and please don't be adding Warri,PH and Calabar or any where in the Niger Delta to your biafra propaganda,when Nigeria was using the money from the oil rivers protectorate(Niger Delta) to develop Enugu the capital of the eastern region prior to the creation of the states of Rivers and Cross Rivers by general gowon in 1967 were you easterners complaining?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by amysucre: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
FriendNG:
We will not give you Biafra, come fight us if you can.

Biafra will never be achieved by your insults and chestbeating until you learn your ways.

As if Biafra is in your hands, you are not God, only God can, quit boasting.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by biztip: 7:04am On Jun 03, 2017
wirinet:

So you guys want to depend solely on Nigerdelta oil and Lagos VAT for your development and survival? And you guys will have the audacity to label others parasites.
so abia and IMO no be part of nddc again. so they no get oil again. even anambra and Enugu dn get oil too. all d markets here no dey generate vat. is DT what u mean ewu yoruba

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2017
Agumbankembu:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5417120_screenshot20170531150402_jpegae99a6b5516989ab770fc37670e9f090
Peruse this, and see how almost 11trn has been spent in 2 years, data officially came from CBN
Now my question is, what infrastructure has Buhari built apart from Daura helipad and Abuja runway?

You.said N5tri was spent to build an Helipad. now . why is your source to that info ?
By showing another info , you're simply telling me you don't have any source

So all the debt of salary areas left by previous admin shouldn't be settled ?
so all the projects the previous admin didn't finish shouldn't be concluded ?

Or you want to pretend you don't fg gave bailout to states?
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by wirinet(m): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2017
Is Imo and Abia not currently collecting 13% derivation for the few gallons of crude they are adding to the federation account? Is Imo and Abia not already included in the Nigerdelta Development Commission? Oh, you want Imo and Abia to be both in the NDDC and SEDC. See greed.

How much VAT does IMO and Enugu generate? How many traders pay VAT? The total VAT generated by both is not up to that generated by one local government in Lagos. Lagos alone generate up to 70% of the total VAT in Nigeria.

This one that you hate the Yoruba's so much and insult Yorubas in even in matters that does not involve Yoruba, if you get your Biafra, are you saying not one Igbo person will remain in Yoruba land? With your level of hatred for Yoruba, are you going to sever all relationships and contacts with the Yoruba's.
I have never seen people advocate for independence based on hatred of others.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Adiola(f): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2017
bkool7:

5tr to build an helipad ! Lia Mohammed must be a learner can you kindly furnish us with a link ?
AN (H)elipad why is the letter(H)missing in Yoruba language
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2017
Adiola:
AN (H)elipad why is the letter(H)missing in Yoruba language

I, should ask you that now.
You profile says you're Yoruba

However , I think some still use 'h' as in 'Shina'. It May be optional
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Adiola(f): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2017
bkool7:

I, should ask you that now. You profile says you're Yoruba
that's why I asked
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by bkool7(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2017
Adiola:
that's why I asked
Now , I'm utterly confused Cos I don't have the answer
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Agumbankembu: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2017
bkool7:

You.said N5tri was spent to build an Helipad. now . why is your source to that info ?
By showing another info , you're simply telling me you don't have any source

So all the debt of salary areas left by previous admin shouldn't be settled ?
so all the projects the previous admin didn't finish shouldn't be concluded ?

Or you want to pretend you don't fg gave bailout to states?

Use your head you zombie, 11trn has been squandered in just 2 years with no solid achievement to it, and Buhari said he met empty treasury when he came in, so since his govt earned only 5trn, safe to say he borrowed the other 5trn.
You and your kids are going to service the interests and pay the loan back yourself.
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by Customer80: 9:02am On Jun 03, 2017
A lot of people don't read, the bill say oil in the south east, 3 percent of it and solid minerals in the south east should be set aside for the development of south east not oil in ijaw, uhrobo, itsehkiri or akwa ibom
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by chngebeginwthme: 6:15am On Jun 05, 2017
hammer6:

We will build Berlin wall.

U dont like us, we dont like u, y cant we divide the country and say "nice knowing u", whilst we head N,S,E and W respectively?

Look even after killings, the country will still divide. No country survives two Civil War on same topic.

But if you guys want to go it's simple, You all should relocate back to your region so we know you guys are serious..
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by chngebeginwthme: 6:29am On Jun 05, 2017
Agumbankembu:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5417120_screenshot20170531150402_jpegae99a6b5516989ab770fc37670e9f090
Peruse this, and see how almost 11trn has been spent in 2 years, data officially came from CBN
Now my question is, what infrastructure has Buhari built apart from Daura helipad and Abuja runway?

Dead brain will not understand how things works, So since 2015, We have not been paying workers, Building infrastructures etc? Are we doing them with the inheritance from you Grandfather?
Re: Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails by chngebeginwthme: 6:31am On Jun 05, 2017
wirinet:

The Senate on Thursday passed a bill to establish the North-East Development Commission (NEDC) to be partly funded by;
1. 3 per cent of Value Added Taxes accruable to the Federal Government.

2. 15 per cent of allocation to the states

3. 50 per cent deduction of the ecological fund due to the six North Eastern states.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/senate-passes-bill-establishing-north-east-development-commission/

Please note;
About 70% of total VAT is generated from Lagos.
Allocation to the states and ecological fund is hand outs of oil revenue from the nigerdelta.

Now answer the question; where will the SEDC get its funding?

Nice one there and good question..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UN Moves Back To Abuja Office Bombed 8 Years Ago Under PDP / President Muhammadu Buhari Inaugurates APC Presidential Campaign Council In Abj / Mamman Daura Dismisses Zoning, Denies Dictating Public Policy To President Buhar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.