Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,035 members, 7,966,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:38 AM

Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming (37509 Views)

Senator Danjuma Goje Retires From Elective Politics / Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Senator Danjuma Goje Declares Support For President Muhamad Buhari 2nd Term Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Sirpaul(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Danjuma or what did they call you sef
memory iyaf lost

3 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Klington: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
minsta of darkness... . Always blaming Jonathan Wen u're more incompetent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by abdulkabirO(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
ridbay:

The Senate on Wednesday asked Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) to resign his appointment if he was overwhelmed by the volume of work at his ministry.

The upper chamber accused Fashola of misleading the public over projects it added to the budget.

At the plenary, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Senator Danjuma Goje said, “Initially, I wanted to come under a motion but, yesterday, the House of Representatives took up the matter. Since we are on the same page with the House, I feel I should not come under a motion. But I will like to seize this opportunity to advise the minister that he should remember that he is now a minister and should behave like a minister.

“He is not a governor (anymore) and this National Assembly is not Lagos State House of Assembly. This is an Assembly composed of very patriotic Nigerians, very experienced Nigerians; many had done his job; many were governors before him.”

Goje continued, “Fashola should know that he is dealing with the National Assembly of Nigeria, not of Lagos. If the job is too much for him – the ministry is too big; it comprises three ministries, which are works, housing and power; if he cannot adjust, then, he should do the honourable thing. He should so the needful.

“No amount of blackmail by him; no amount of propaganda by him or his surrogates will stop this National Assembly from discharging its duties in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. We have sworn to uphold and protect this Constitution, and this we will do to the end of this Assembly.

“For now, I will cease fire and watch to see how the House will handle him. If he is well handled there, we will leave him with them. But if we are not satisfied and they pass him to us, then, we will take him over.”

Saraki, in his remarks, said the Senate would wait for actions taken by the House of Representatives.

“I am happy that the House of Representatives are also taking up this issue. It is a matter that we must be responsible, especially those at the (executive) cabinet to look at issues from a national point of view in the interest of all Nigerians.

“We will definitely wait for the outcome of his appearance before the House of Representatives before further contributions. But we have take your comment, Chairman of Appropriations,” he said.

YNAIJA
This people should face the main issue jare
Always distracting us
Na wao for this country with incompetent senators

2 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by LilSmith55(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Okay
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Mac2016(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
ridbay:

The Senate on Wednesday asked Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) to resign his appointment if he was overwhelmed by the volume of work at his ministry.

The upper chamber accused Fashola of misleading the public over projects it added to the budget.

At the plenary, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Senator Danjuma Goje said, “Initially, I wanted to come under a motion but, yesterday, the House of Representatives took up the matter. Since we are on the same page with the House, I feel I should not come under a motion. But I will like to seize this opportunity to advise the minister that he should remember that he is now a minister and should behave like a minister.

“He is not a governor (anymore) and this National Assembly is not Lagos State House of Assembly. This is an Assembly composed of very patriotic Nigerians, very experienced Nigerians; many had done his job; many were governors before him.”

Goje continued, “Fashola should know that he is dealing with the National Assembly of Nigeria, not of Lagos. If the job is too much for him – the ministry is too big; it comprises three ministries, which are works, housing and power; if he cannot adjust, then, he should do the honourable thing. He should so the needful.

“No amount of blackmail by him; no amount of propaganda by him or his surrogates will stop this National Assembly from discharging its duties in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. We have sworn to uphold and protect this Constitution, and this we will do to the end of this Assembly.

“For now, I will cease fire and watch to see how the House will handle him. If he is well handled there, we will leave him with them. But if we are not satisfied and they pass him to us, then, we will take him over.”

Saraki, in his remarks, said the Senate would wait for actions taken by the House of Representatives.

“I am happy that the House of Representatives are also taking up this issue. It is a matter that we must be responsible, especially those at the (executive) cabinet to look at issues from a national point of view in the interest of all Nigerians.

“We will definitely wait for the outcome of his appearance before the House of Representatives before further contributions. But we have take your comment, Chairman of Appropriations,” he said.

YNAIJA

The hand writings on the wall is glaring...Hausa is a no gamer with Yoruba or other tribes when it comes to power..The same way they shattered Jonathan's government now cos Buhari is being incapacitated cos of his ailment, Yorubas in govt are their full time enemies now...Nigeria is not a country at all

4 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by whizzyleejr(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Birds of the same feather
Please....................................??

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by TimeMod1: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
These senators are fifth columnists to this Administration. Most especially the APC yeyenators.

1 Like

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by modaink333: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
Waten concern agbero with overload..... That's what you get when a lawyer becomes minister of power works and housing........ Na now the gluable senators wakeup.... Dia head dia..... As am commenting, my phone is on power bank

2 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by 9jasave: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
useless criminals. what did you do Magu and Hamid of custom? are they not doing there jobs. bunch of goats. Thank your star that am not a minister, una for hear ween...anufia!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by misspineapple(f): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oga u done hear abi?
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by abumeinben(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
A lawyer heads the Ministry of Power, the most sensitive Ministry. Only in Naija.
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by norriswood(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
nototribalist:
Minister for darkness and Lagos State should be arrested and thrown in jail. He's an Afonja. #useless
IPOB problem is complex...continue making noise why afonja dey progress... e dey pain them

6 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by femmyjon111: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
But why will they give a lawyer 3 in 1ministerial position? imagine one person to be minister of power, works and housing...That's hilarious...
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by udemzyudex(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
greatiyk4u:
They are scared of the truth

Many of the legislaTHIEVES may find it hard to sponsor their campaigns in 2019 as far as Buhari remains the president

We can see how they are running from pillar to pole in defense of their crooked acts

May greatest Joy in Buhari's govt is that it is not business as usual,

God bless restore his health

If you know the level of corruption going on under this administration, you won't post this, the kind of looting going on will make u fall sick.. Just pray another administration comes in so you see what I'm saying.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Maryam07: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
What are these irresponsible people saying?Why will monies meant for big projects like second Niger bridge,lagos-ibadan expressway,etc be reduced and allocated for boreholes, street lightning? Nigeria wants them to answer these questions,not attack the minister. Bunch of unpatriotic Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by damola311: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
Don't blame him, blame dullarpoh that gave him 3 big ministries when he himself can't even handle just one.
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by tosyne2much(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Abegi jawe!
They are all the same jhor
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by amasyn99: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
benpedro:
Fashola should've bowed out when the ovation was loudest. Sometimes I feel pity for him for showing Nigerians how incompetent he really is. Like I keep saying, anyone can be successful as a Lagos governor with all its revenue. If Tinubu could be termed successful even after stealing Lagos blind......

just listen to youself and u think u have reasoned well.ode buruku

3 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by ayogozie(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mr fashoola is now ur turn stand up to the challenge. This is what u have want and work for APC the devils donor
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by sagaxity(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
Be warned oga

They make the law and as such they should be the ones to say if stealing and corruption is against the law they made...

I tire for this country...
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by greatiyk4u(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
udemzyudex:

If you know the level of corruption going on under this administration, you won't post this, the kind of looting going on will make u fall sick.. Just pray another administration comes in so you see what I'm saying.

I can see you imagine alot

Face reality and judge with facts,

Change is here with us

2 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by sagaxity(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ehhh says who?
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by surgical: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
Keneking:
Fashola is better than most of them....
what do you know?.
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by profhezekiah: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
nototribalist:
Minister for darkness and Lagos State should be arrested and thrown in jail. He's an Afonja. #useless
Useless talk

6 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Jaqenhghar: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Truth is the work is too much for one person. Everyone has to play his part but Nigerians dont understand that. They beleive that turning the country round is the job of people in positions of authority alone
More foolish are the likes of Fashola who believe they can change things around alone.
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by TinaAnita(f): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Meanwhile, minister of Education removed Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) from secondary school curriculum while retaining islamic religious studies and those stupid idiots at the national assembly aren't saying anything? Adamu Adamu should resign...

What is that hypocrite saying about Fashola? Let me read the headline again

2 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by amasyn99: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
this bunch of legislooters again..i trust my fashola,e will speak it to them as dey want..house of summon members
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by khalids: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
It appears the Legislators are just doing anyhow because the head of the executives (the president is absent). I think Osinbajo needs to flex some muscle.....His people are just being bullied

2 Likes

Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Fasholamy arse..The guy who was busy digging boreholes for 70Million is angry Ambode is now the guy in the limelight and he's becoming unpopular. To compensate for his loss of fame, he has to raise some dust. Overdoing it, he picked up the wrong opponent, the senators. What a disservice his speech is doing. I thought you thought he was Einstein and some people were puppets and he the golden hand. The only mind with creativity, it's nice to see the pig, that called some people pigs that wanted to play dirty receive the short end of the stick. Yeye guy.. Ojugo oshi...
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by PointZerom: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
hilroy:

What good thing did an Osu ever do? I thought you guys are not Nigerians

Even Oro people are crying.
Re: Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming by surgical: 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
benpedro:
Fashola should've bowed out when the ovation was loudest. Sometimes I feel pity for him for showing Nigerians how incompetent he really is. Like I keep saying, anyone can be successful as a Lagos governor with all its revenue. If Tinubu could be termed successful even after stealing Lagos blind......
It couldn't have been better said ,that's the plain truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Air Vice-Marshal Sikiru Smith Arrested In Lagos / Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas Dies At 82 / Oluwatogun-Olunleye, Soldier Beheaded By Boko Haram In Baga, Borno

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.