Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,844 members, 7,915,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:47 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2233910 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) ... (1786) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gifted65: 4:16pm On Jun 23
Is it 24v?

Iinnov8:

If you don't mind an offgrid inverter, you can get the Easun 3000w (1500w continuous) pure sinewave inverter.

Price is 96,000 and you can get it as soon as tomorrow afternoon if within Lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 5:31pm On Jun 23
NpvnStar:

lol... till today, they never sent me back the stabilizer nor sent me a different one. they asked me to pay about 150k last year, so that they'll give me another one. A & E are the worst. I declined. after 2 months, I agreed to pay but they said prices have gone up. and since then, no more communication.

I got angry and started learning the intricacies of the stabilizer. Since i am tech savvy myself, i was able to find out the important blueprints and protective components needed to build the servo stabilizer correctly without cutting down on costs on inflicting massive gains. I further liased with a chinese manufacturer and we built a 30kva, which I custom branded and sent to nigeria, entire cost was about $400 roughly. and i've been enjoying that one for months now.

A & E had put only one temperature sensor and even put it in a place where it was unimportant. thereby the system would not shutdown even when the load surpasses the capacity.

they also lied about the capacity of their stabilizer. you could barely even do 50% of what they said. i yes i know about the variations based on load.
Npvnstar Pls I need it ,how do I reach you,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ValtechEnergy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23
gifted65:
My soccam inverter started writing short circuit, please recommend a reliable inverter 24v
u can get it repaired easily at alaba, idi-oro mushin or arena oshodi. as for recommendation of hybrid inverter, welion, sako,anern, growatts. for non hybrid go for TBB power
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23
Like MTN,.... Its everywhere you go... Felicity got nigeria on lockhold...in a house i came to install whole house audio.....imagine having this in a street where the voltage from the grid is less than 130v....thats the situation here.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 9:19pm On Jun 23
gifted65:
Is it 24v?

Sure. There is the 24v variant
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by balogunsam(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23
ValtechEnergy:
u can get it repaired easily at alaba, idi-oro mushin or arena oshodi. as for recommendation of hybrid inverter, welion, sako,anern, growatts. for non hybrid go for TBB power

Do these hybrid brands provide warranty in Nigeria? Wow…these TBB cost oo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:29pm On Jun 23
balogunsam:

Do these hybrid brands provide warranty in Nigeria? Wow…these TBB cost oo
I know of felicity ,must and sms having and honouring their warranty. Sako too does but never experienced it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:39am On Jun 24
swagifted:
Like MTN,.... Its everywhere you go... Felicity got nigeria on lockhold...in a house i came to install whole house audio.....imagine having this in a street where the voltage from the grid is less than 130v....thats the situation here.

Let them invest on a good servo AVR.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 5:22am On Jun 24
mctfopt:

Let them invest on a good servo AVR.
e go fit boost am? If na me i go just manage my panels till d transformer is upgraded...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 7:21am On Jun 24
swagifted:

Wow nepa 119v. Like what I got on one site here in KD. Infact I was getting 110, 108v. Site steady on 220v now. Na servo boost am o. Jordy-ele servo, na Zeestone run am

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:22am On Jun 24
I traveled for 3 weeks.

I just returned.

I left my inverters hooked to my solar panels.

One was connected to utility power.

The other inverter was not connected.

I reduced the loads such that even if the sun was not generating enough PV power the batteries would not run out.

Would you have done what I had done or would you have powered down your unit or units?

I came back to meet everything as I left them.

I'd love your responses with reasons.

And by the way the panels are earthed and every earth is connected to or bonded to each other to be safe.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:37am On Jun 24
FEGEITOK:
I traveled for 3 weeks.

I just returned.

I left my inverters hooked to my solar panels.

One was connected to utility power.

The other inverter was not connected.

I reduced the loads such that even if the sun was not generating enough PV power the batteries would not run out.

Would you have done what I had done or would you have powered down your unit or units?

I came back to meet everything as I left them.

I'd love your responses with reasons.

And by the way the panels are earthed and every earth is connected to or bonded to each other to be safe.

how many earth rods are you using.. and how were de connected sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 8:41am On Jun 24
abbeymighty:
good day All,
Please i need a review on Ipower XMAX 3KVA inverter,
also i need a recommendation for a reliable and good 24v 3kva or above hybrid inverter

I will advise you to leave power xmax alone, it's relatively new in the market and zinox has not really gotten a hand of it, please go for any other ipower brand.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:14pm On Jun 24
jonescosmos:
Fire gutted South Korean Lithium Battery Factory. More than 20 people missing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cc78eMO-ubo

https://www.google.com/search?q=south+korea+lithium+battery+factory+fire&rlz=1CDGOYI_enNG1013NG1014&oq=south+Korea+Lithium+Battery+fact&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCQgCECEYChigATIGCAAQRRg5MgkIARAhGAoYoAEyCQgCECEYChigATIJCAMQIRgKGKABMgkIBBAhGAoYoAEyCQgFECEYChigATIHCAYQIRiSAzIHCAcQIRiSAzIHCAgQIRiSAzIHCAkQIRiSA9IBCTI2Nzk4ajBqNKgCE7ACAeIDBBgBIF8&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I've seen a small pack of 1kwh lithium gut a shop. Everything inside was gone. This happened in the afternoon with people around. Battery fire is no joke. Hence best to use the best of everything. The cause of the fire was charging the battery directly without a charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24
mctfopt:

I've seen a small pack of 1kwh lithium gut a shop. Everything inside was gone. This happened in the afternoon with people around. Battery fire is no joke. Hence best to use the best of everything. The cause of the fire was charging the battery directly without a charge controller.

That's insane. Why would anyone do that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos(m): 5:53pm On Jun 24
Lots of factors could cause it also. Which includes but not limited to Charging Battery with wrong Battery Profile. Eg. Charging Lithium Battery with Flooded Battery Profile.
Battery pack assembled without a capable BMS, Absence of safety fuses, improper sizing of Wires, Placing Battery without proper cooling and ventilation. Etc.

mctfopt:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:07pm On Jun 24
HeavenlyBang:

That's insane. Why would anyone do that.

Trying to save on cost. Painting the shop, repairing the roof and buying two freezers, plus lost goods all could've been prevented had he bought a charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:07pm On Jun 24
jonescosmos:
Lots of factors could cause it also. Which includes but not limited to Charging Battery with wrong Battery Profile. Eg. Charging Lithium Battery with Flooded Battery Profile.
Battery pack assembled without a capable BMS, Absence of safety fuses, improper sizing of Wires, Placing Battery without proper cooling and ventilation. Etc.

Yeah, the bms also must've failed too as the battery was successfully overcharged which led to this failure.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:16pm On Jun 24
mctfopt:

Lithium ion or lithium phosphate Iron?
It goes beyond best. 80% is usually negligence and half baked knowledge. My thought!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by balogunsam(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24
kiekie1:

Very limited stock available for now .. Keep your order coming

Chai! This has entered 470k. How many watts solar panel total can one use with this please? And can this power a 1/2 HP submersible water pump in the afternoon.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24
mctfopt:

Trying to save on cost. Painting the shop, repairing the roof and buying two freezers, plus lost goods all could've been prevented had he bought a charge controller.

Terrible stuff. So short-sighted.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24
HeavenlyBang:

Terrible stuff. So short-sighted.

they try to cut corners
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 7:10pm On Jun 24
abbeymighty:
good day All,
Please i need a review on Ipower XMAX 3KVA inverter,
also i need a recommendation for a reliable and good 24v 3kva or above hybrid inverter

with srne 3kw or 3.3kw you can never go wrong my friend
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:37pm On Jun 24
brightk:
how many earth rods are you using.. and how were de connected sir

One earth rod.

The panels are next to the house but not on the roof.

What I have noticed is that anything that happens to any electrical circuit whether mains side or PV side the RCCB trips off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24
FEGEITOK:

One earth rod.

What I have noticed is that anything that happens to any electrical circuit whether mains side or PV side the RCCB trips off.
pls check ur dm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:43pm On Jun 24
dollarnaira:

Lithium ion or lithium phosphate Iron?
It goes beyond best. 80% is usually negligence and half baked knowledge. My thought!
Lithium ion..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 7:54pm On Jun 24
FEGEITOK:

One earth rod.

Please get an earth resistance tester and confirm the earthing. It should have a resistance of less than 10 ohms or if it is very good 5 ohms. We found that one of our installations had a resistance of 15 ohms and we had to use four earth rods and bentonite to resolve this.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:55pm On Jun 24
mctfopt:

Lithium ion..

Chai
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:58pm On Jun 24
GloriousGbola:

Please get an earth resistance tester and confirm the earthing. It should have a resistance of less than 10 ohms or if it is very good 5 ohms. We found that one of our installations had a resistance of 15 ohms and we had to use four earth rods and bentonite to resolve this.
How much is Bentonite sold these days?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 8:03pm On Jun 24
mctfopt:

How much is Bentonite sold these days?

Last I checked a bag is like 20k to 25k. Check jiji .though as a naija matter I don't even know if it is real bentonite. What I can say is after 4 earth rods driven deeper, an earth mat and bentonite we went from 20+ ohms to 9 Ohms. Thought it was waterlogged clayey soil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) ... (1786) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: loluskysat(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.