Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,277 members, 7,887,805 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:07 PM

Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? (12205 Views)

Things To Consider Before Joining The Military / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Requiremet Of Joining The Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by inxx(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2007
EKENEA:

inxx====how old are you, because NDA in the real sense of it is meant for boy (18-21 years) that can withstand harsh training, at that age they can always obey orders and carry out orders to the letter without grumbling though you can grumble but not the hearing of your superior.

DSS is Direct Short Service. it is not for NDA . its for graduates who wants to join the army as officer.so the age bracke starts from 25
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by olanajim(m): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2007
Maybe seun should open crime diary for people like ymx to complain.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by EKENEA(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
INXX==== Don't get me wrong, before, before NDA na for people ( civilian/boys from military school ) wen won join military, na the thing I won you to understand, and as a fresher to NDA u suppose to be between 18 to 21 years because I know, I de for the place before.and I no talk about people for DSS or short service commission
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by MAYAT(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2007
PILOT955 (m)
Nigeria

Re: Joining Military
« #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bros,na wa for you o,stop making the guy scared and allow him to go and face Job. embarassedThey feel to wear uniform easy.Ex boy wats up,nms wat year.was in echo companby.wat about you
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by dankmen208(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2007
Yea for now thatz the Answer cause they teach you how to handle Guns then after that you graduate to the street as an armed ROBBER
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by nextday: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2007
Hello YMX,
Good day.I feel pity for you been duped.ut i want you to know that fraudster is fraudster with no respect to his/her prefession or top rathe society.Forget him bene an ex-boy,even a governors and IG are een messed up.SO,I elieve you have not report him to the appropriate authority.I will advise you to go to any Military cantonment and request for the Military police department.When u get there make a former statement and complain about what he did to you.Then try all possible est to talk to any hign ranking officer and if you cant get one,talk any junior officer about it and ask him to link you with nay top officer as his brother.But as naija take be now,u ve to promise the junior officer something if all the matter works out well.Am very optimistic that with the help of the senoir officer,you will get your money ack 100%.

2nd Formular will be by going to one T.V programme on MITV called PEOPLE'S PALAVA,its done everysunday.They will handle it foir you there am very sure.And that is if you can go on air.

3rd formular is by getting a lawyer.Your lawyer will file a suite against him and he will joining oth the police and the military command in the suite.

4th formular,there is also a programme on radio call I BEG UNA,i dont know the radio station ,they will help you take up the matter and ring justice to it.

I beleive one of these formular will help you.Am very sure,just give a trier.I will tell you why am interested in your case later.

Take care.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by klarry79: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2007
mr. Dotwaila

if you want to join the military go on the internet and read some war stories. then determine if you REALLY want to join the military.
the military is not an employment office. you don't apply and resign anyhow. Read war stories of folks who joined the military, fought for their countries and died in the cause then determine if you want to join the military.

if i get you right, i think if i were a recruiting officer i will not pick you because your motive is already wrong and compromised from the beginning. you are already a weak link in the chain and a potential liability.

Pilot995
(on a lighter note)
Alpha jet still dey?
una no get F-16

cheers

we appreciate our faithful and loyal soldiers wink
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by biggjoe(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2007
i was with the army for one year during NYSC.

If you are joinin the army for unemployment u will be very disappointed.

Yes, u will get free acomodation. When you pass through the 'depot' they will give u free khaki and boot (camoflague, OG green , boot, belts and the ceremonial uniform) after that u are on your own. Any time your khaki or boot gets bad u buy one yourself and you're not allowed to wear bad ones.

Then the real thing. Money,  if you join as an NCO, Non commissione officer. They call them soldiers in the barracks. While those people that go theough NDA or short service are called officers.

As an NCO,u will start with the rank of a 'private'. A private's salary in the army now is between N11,400 and N11, 900 per month. if you are promoted to a lance corporal (maybe after 10 years or less) they will add about 800 naira to your salary. after lance corporal u become a corporal then sergeant then staff seargent then warrant officer II and then warrant officer I. Thats it for an NCO. You can't get beyond that. but let me point out here that most soldiers retire as Sergeants. (over 90 percent of them).

If go through short service (as a graduate) you will get real pay. Not too much ooo.

the first rank as an officer--2nd lieutenant-- earns about N49,000 a month.
But your chances of getting into short service is slim. They take 4 people from each state every year.
Once you join army forget about freedom even if u are a colonel. But the good thing is that u must have somebody to command. and many to command u.

happy service,
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ishmael(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Pilot955, Which company where u in? When did u pass out? Na wa o. So Exboys are on this forum. What regular intake were u in ACA? I'm sure You met Kuponiyi, Oraeki, etc I heard they are in 301FTS Kaduna. Well I hope say I never blow your cover sorry O !

@pain

Hey, so you know Seun kuponiyi and Emeka Oraeki?? They are my friends; they are in 301 FTS now for Transport pilot flying. What about Suleiman idris? Do you know him? What about Fauziyyu Ma'aji? You know him too? They are all ex-boys in the NAF.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by MAYAT(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hi,Crazy seeing a lot of ex-boys here since our level of internal networking is zero.Lets try keep in touch,we could start from this forum,cus we all know what we went thru.Well ex-boys mail me on alexigbokwe@yahoo.com(nms 85 set passed out 90)
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by idupaul: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2007
@pilot599

well now it fun for me because i fly the deadliest fighter aircraft in the country n i can say that with alot of CONFIDENT(Alpha Jet),

Pls can u elaborate wat u mean by "deadliest fighter aircraft".How can a u classify the D/D alpha as fighter in the 1st place, That aircraft is a light trainer that can be adapted for light attack, light attack, but maybe because of the dearth of aircrafts in the force u guys probably have converted the alpha to play fighter engagement roles, The Nigerian Airforce used to have some sepecats(jaguars),what happened to them, those babys used to be effective superiority fighters,
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ishmael(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2007
how can alpha jet of all jets be deadly?? It's used for advance fighter pilot training and as a light bomber. if you call alpha jet dealy what would you call F-16/17??
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ariblaze(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2007
ex-boyss,

am actually tickled to findout we have a few in the house.

alpha company , thats all am gonna say

@post

joining the army is a life changing decision

dont join cos you are unemployed but ecause you love it
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by Pain(m): 4:27am On Dec 03, 2007
ishmael:

@pain

Hey, so you know Seun kuponiyi and Emeka Oraeki?? They are my friends; they are in 301 FTS now for Transport pilot flying. What about Suleiman idris? Do you know him? What about Fauziyyu Ma'aji? You know him too? They are all ex-boys in the NAF.

Suleiman Idris Was In Echo Coy. Fauziyyu Ma'aji Delta Coy ( Smart Guy ). I Love Smart Guys. My Regards to Them. Tell Them Pain Sends Them Warm Xmas Greetings. From Singapore With Love! I'm Sure I Know You Too. But the Fun of Nairaland is to Remain Covert. Under Cover. Seeing Without Been Seen. ( Tactics 101 !) cool
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by elsimo(m): 2:21am On Dec 04, 2007
hey bro i think joining the military has to go with your passion for irt and not a means to save yourself from unemployement.
@pilot955 i really want to join the military as well but i have to go for NYSC first though i am currently a graduating student and hoping to go with batch A. if you have any link please give me a low down i was advice to try an serve in kaduna so that i meet with couple of military guys it has been my passion. thanks
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ariblaze(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2007
@pain

which set were you ?

Fauziyyu Ma'aji was my mate and i think the boy Pm
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by legba1(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2007
Bros e,your mama born plenty,anyway,note of warning;peace keeping operation still dey go on forsudan and somalia o.also niger stil get militant youth unrest for niger/delta o.a word is enough for the wise,
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ishmael(m): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
ariblaze:

@pain

which set were you ?

Fauziyyu Ma'aji was my mate and i think the boy Pm

Fauziyyu Ma'aji was actually the Provost Marshal of his set. You guys passed out in 1996 abi?? Do you know Ezekiel Aluko?? i think he's a year your senior.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ariblaze(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
yeah he was the Pm while oyisi okatahi was the boy RSm

me ,

was malingaring all the while
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by folahann(m): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
This military stuff is hard o! when you get into it you cannot get out of it
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by blacklion(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2007
Abeg, stop all the yeye fronting! naija guys join the military to do business and plan coups. Not because of any yeye love for military life or patriotism.

Una know sey Nigeria no dey fight war and military is a very easy way to capture power and loot naija. Who no gree to serve job if I end up with the riches of IBB, Abacha, David MArk, OBJ, Gwadabe, Dogonyaro etc, etc? How many poor generals are there in Nigeria?

Abegi, make we hear word! As if the serving job is more difficult than the residency programme for medical doctors where you have to be on your feet for 22 out of 24 hours.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by zicco84(m): 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2008
So there are surprisingly so many Exboys in the house!! We really need to hook up. Hope that Young Man has made up his mind on whether or not to join the force. New Year Greestings to you all!
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by bish2001(m): 3:35am On Feb 27, 2008
D
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by ifele(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2008
My Bros,
This is the solution. Join the niger' ian military then band together. Take control of military equipment and liberate the negro native from this evil
oppresion. Yesterday court said that Yar' D is the one that won the election even though there is evidence of rigging. Obasonjo is the thief that put him there. Make sure you deal with him.We must not be controlled by immoral leaders because they will establish injustice and poverty. That will cause suffering as you see today. Evil nigga lords that use human body parts for money rituals must go. To HELL. They have allowed crime to flourish is every corner and area of society so that citizen and alien are living in fear. We need a force that will teach and enforce a universal morality that will promote peace, righteousness and prosperity in this society. The worship of wealth and do or die is not the way because this doctrine has corrupted society and established the rule of violence based on envy and jealousy.
After joining the military collect information and equipment that you will use to help the rebels on the outside. Secretly train the rebels in strategy and tactics and supply them with advanced tech. Maintain a covert stance as you carry out your holy mission against the Evil Niggas to liberate the oppressed negro from black slavery and oppression. Sabotage the aircrafts used to bomb the rebel bases and spread disinformation amongst the Nigerian military.
Why do I say black slavery. Nigerian government has sold the Efik people on the Bakassi peninsula and their oil resources to the Camerounians and their allies. That is slavery my brother comrades. Do not be afraid to use terrorist tactics against civilian and military enemy targets. The future of freedom depends on you.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by jamall(m): 4:59pm On Feb 29, 2008
Well i have always wanted to join the military and i totally agree with what the pilot said, since my primary skool days i've wanted to join the navy and i hope i get in this year.pls what i want to know is if i need an nysc letter b4 i can apply.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by mingiix: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2008
It is good to know there are a lot of exboys here. There are two exboy portals on the net. www.nmsexboys.com and www.exboys.com.
The former is more user friendly and befitting for exboys. It is administered by p odiase.

I am nms/82 and boy miserable with no rank
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by odiaseo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2008
NMS no rival - Ex-boys unite @ nmsexboys.com
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by gongoaso1: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2008
permission to sit easy, men to say i no be exboy, i for pose as one with all this level of intimidation. nms/95/3568 greeting all senior and junior exboys alike. mouch nostalgia when i saw the nameof my boy rsm and pm when i was a class one boy thinking life was about to end,
@ topic
follow your heart. most people desire military nowaday cos of power i.e. 'shenking' police men on the road and riding tinted 206s. my advise to you sha is to join the officer cadre and not other ranks.
peace out
cheesy
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by D1KeleVra(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Topic,
Maybe. . . but it's definitely a way of oppressing the Police. tongue tongue
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by shobamiwa: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2009
How do i join the NMS/NDA

I'm an ND graduate and from my early age have i had passion to be in Force. Though i have tried securing my chance but all to no avail. Please i want u to explain how i can be a join the force so as to achieve my dreams and goals, Waiting to see your reply PILOT955

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by kiyava: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
@YMX i knw it might be too late but i think i can help you, please get me your contact details i happen 2 know this guy and i can't believe he can do such. pls reply me asap
Re: Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? by AjanleKoko: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2010
I think it's not a bad idea.
Even in the US, people join the marines as an alternative.
think in the service you will learn a lot, and have a great career. I don't think the army is that into coups as before. The current COAS, Gen Dambazau, has a Phd, I heard. Pretty good stuff if you ask me.

Go for it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? / How To Negotiate Your Salary For A Promotion: Tips And Tricks / 3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.