Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,143 members, 7,973,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:06 AM

House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject (37164 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by FactualSpeech: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2017
I will like to make it clear that I don't have any problem with what the house did neither am I in support or against the change by NERDC, I am mainly concerned about the way it is being presented by the media and whoever is propagating it.
you will agree with me that the country is very volatile and we need to be very careful when it comes to matters of the religion knowing fully well that people these days don't go into research to know if what they were told is true or not.
CAN and co made the news with it by saying Buhari "the already tagged bigot"'s administration proposed and implemented it under a Muslim northerner as the education minister just as they did my Pastor Adeboye's resignation and the implementation of a law passed by the house and upheld by the court which was being enforced by a Christian. That alone is enough to add more fuel to the already burning fire of hatred between the acclaimed followers of both religion. There is no crime in being truthful that Jonathan started it but they are not okay with it and will appreciate if the current administration can reverse it instead of always playing the victim card.
On who to teach,NERDC was clear on this on their website. It states that the subjects will be taken simultaneously at different classes. This is an indication that there will be different teachers for both subjects.
( Modify) ( Qu
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by FactualSpeech: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2017
Shalomdee:

Sorry but we cannot be brainwashed by these

lmao, I believe an open minded look into NERDC's website will educate more than I have presented it.

I will like to add this

I will like to make it clear that I don't have any problem with what the house did neither am I in support or against the change by NERDC, I am mainly concerned about the way it is being presented by the media and whoever is propagating it.
you will agree with me that the country is very volatile and we need to be very careful when it comes to matters of the religion knowing fully well that people these days don't go into research to know if what they were told is true or not.
CAN and co made the news with it by saying Buhari "the already tagged bigot"'s administration proposed and implemented it under a Muslim northerner as the education minister just as they did my Pastor Adeboye's resignation and the implementation of a law passed by the house and upheld by the court which was being enforced by a Christian. That alone is enough to add more fuel to the already burning fire of hatred between the acclaimed followers of both religion. There is no crime in being truthful that Jonathan started it but they are not okay with it and will appreciate if the current administration can reverse it instead of always playing the victim card.
On who to teach,NERDC was clear on this on their website. It states that the subjects will be taken simultaneously at different classes. This is an indication that there will be different teachers for both subjects.
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by Iamzik: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2017
FactualSpeech:

So why all this stress in the first place?? Leave the curriculum the way it is. Instead of upgrading all outdated syllabuses of 1990s we are busy modifying religious studies and introducing more languages when our students can hardly pass the existing lingua franca.

Jonathan or not the church will stand against this sort of policy no matter who is president so the excuse that Jonathan started every bad policy is not tenable. If it was bad why did you implement it? What was the essence of the change we voted for if this administration is bent on continuing every bad policy only to blame it on the last administration?

My point? This was a goose chase and they should have considered the consequences before embarking on the needless journey.

We have enough languages and we have enough religious studies as it stands. No need to complicate matters. Ministry of education should concentrate on other area requiring their attention.
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by dyydxx: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
mapet:

2. Arabic is NOT made compulsory for anybody. Unnecessary use of wrong choice of languange is not a basis for credible argument. Arabic is OPTIONAL for those that choose to do so

I have engaged you before but unfortunately you seem not to be able to grasp the subtlety of this issue. Honestly, you come off as objective and informed but I'm surprised how dangerously naive you are. Now to the issues,

Arabic is not compulsory,YES, but it is paired with French so it's either Arabic or French.Now in a situation where there are scarcity of French teachers, especially in the North the only available option is Arabic. So it's not that they are deliberately forcing(as they make it appear) pupils to take arabic but when there are no french teachers but arabic teachers and you have to put in for one, subtle pressure is put on students to go with what is available. That is what happened in Kwara with the boy that was flogged mercilessly. That is what happens in some schools especially Islamic schools or public schools with islamic heritage. I know this is what happens for a fact at Muslim college, Ijebu-Ode. It all boils down to implementation and the governance of the respective schools. That's why when CAN delegates met with the senate president recently they told him how that occurs in Niger state, and as this is a country split along religious lines we can't have a language that proselytises one religion in a multi-religious supposedly secular state like Nigeria. This is the basis of the talks of subtle islamisation

Now as you already know my opinion Arabic shouldn't even be there in the first place, as we have already rehashed before but let's leave that alone now, This is the reality on the ground. So it's an issue and the CAN leadership is right to take this up with the government.

mapet:
3. There is no statistical evidence to back up your claim that French teachers are scarce in Nigeria. In fact I dare say that this is the LIE, IGNORANCE and FALSEHOOD perpetrated by the leadership of CAN and others who trumpet it. The simple thing to do is to show us a data/evidence that supports they notion

Isn't it ironic that you never fail to disprove other claims by your own superior facts yet always demand them when simple common sense should avail you. grin i remember vividly telling you french was chosen because its the language of our neighbors yet you claimed I didn't know what I was talking about. In any case, Here's original source research that shows French was chosen because of that. It also shows that there are scarce French teachers in Nigeria especially the North.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/61117700/French-Language-Education-in-Nigeria(On why French was chosen)
http://www.scihub.org/AJSMS/PDF/2011/3/AJSMS-2-3-304-315.pdf(On lack of competent Teachers)
http://universityjournals.org/journal/CJEducRes/article-full-text-pdf/F5FB702(On lack of Competent teachers)
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by linearity: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
mapet:

......and when you relate the section of the constitution you quoted, it tells you that the National Assemblies have powers to give "executive guidelines" and to "make laws that restrict what the executive does"? How do some of you lot process?

I truly thought, this was a debate with at lease someone with common sense; but I can see that you are dummer than a door nail.

Another synonym for guidelines is laws or rules, use google, if you can find your way around it.

Laws are met to restrict, think of anything the executives does e.g. Set school curriculum, run schools, run Airports, sign treaties, etc...the Legislators are vested with powers to make laws either to restrict, clarifies, limits, guide, etc them as they execute these functions.
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by mapet: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
linearity:

I truly thought, this was a debate with at lease someone with common sense; but I can see that you are dummer than a door nail.

Another synonym for guidelines is laws or rules, use google, if you can find your way around it.

Laws are met to restrict, think of anything the executives does e.g. Set school curriculum, run schools, run Airports, sign treaties, etc...the Legislators are vested with powers to make laws either to restrict, clarifies, limits, guide, etc them as they execute these functions.

I wan never going to have a debate with you. I have debates with people of a certain level of IQ as demonstrated by the rationale behind their posts. That level of IQ you're totally below......so thinking it was a debate is you getting ahead of yourself
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by ChimaAdeoye: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
Islamist agenda of APC hits another snag. grin grin grin
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by linearity: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
mapet:

I wan never going to have a debate with you. I have debates with people of a certain level of IQ as demonstrated by the rationale behind their posts. That level of IQ you're totally below......so thinking it was a debate is you getting ahead of yourself

Your type are all over NL, devoid of self worth and substance, but parading themselves otherwise.

Understanding the constitutional role of the National Assembly is definitely above your pay grade. I doubt if you even know the meaning of IQ beyond what you can google, your lacking in intellectual display all over NL attest to that much.
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by mapet: 4:41am On Jul 19, 2017
linearity:

Your type are all over NL, devoid of self worth and substance, but parading themselves otherwise.

Understanding the constitutional role of the National Assembly is definitely above your pay grade. I doubt if you even know the meaning of IQ beyond what you can google, your lacking in intellectual display all over NL attest to that much.

Shut it, fool!

Are you pained? Is it my fault that you display sub-par intelligence on something you read on paper? Pls get a sucker and shove it
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by linearity: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
mapet:

Shut it, fool!

Are you pained? Is it my fault that you display sub-par intelligence on something you read on paper? Pls get a sucker and shove it

Your deprivity, obscenities & show of shame, clearly shows your lack of intelligence and over blown sense of selfworth.

I have met your attention seeking, dummer than door nail type before, you are the bottom feeders in society and crave attention to make up for your lack of substance and depth.

You serve no useful purpose to the human race, go and hug the nearest transformer.
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by driand(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

But it was Jonathan government issue na.
Why blame it on the present government?
but Jonathan did not pursue it.. .
Re: House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject by PHILipu1(m): 7:20am On Aug 02, 2017
driand:
but Jonathan did not pursue it.. .

Jonathan and PDP started the process and wanted to complete it to please the north to vote for them in 2015 but he was out of time or will Jonathan and PDP start something they didn't want to finish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From The University Of Maiduguri Mosque Bomb Attack / Osun APC Presidential Rally. It Was A Blast. Osun Is 4 + 4 / FFK Reacts To Killing Of Fasoranti's Daughter, Calls Gani Adams To Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.