Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:17 AM

Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon (21851 Views)

Buhari's Reaction To Biafra Agitation: A History Of Hate Against Ndigbo / Fani-kayode’s Intellectual Fraud Against Ndigbo / Protest: Ndigbo Tells Britain To Help Stop Another Genocide Against Ndigbo. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
ZE:

As far as i am concerned BLUETOOTH OR ANIMALTOOTH or what ever you call your self, your time is over.
I see you as a confused fo*l.

Point of correction Afam, Biafra is not a project that has ended since 1970. It is not yet over.

If you doubt me, save this post and call it up sometime in the future.

Mark my words, those innocent men, women and children did not die and can never  die for nothing.

asha 80:

Was anyone blaming the yoruba before you jumped in with your ignorant rants  
you guys should address the issue on ground and stop all this bull s h i t .i have heard this stuff overtime.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Petosh(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Bluetooth
No mind them.
The Igbos are very level headed but whenever e come to Biafra matter dem go one tear shirt.
kuku call police make dey arrest Gowon!It was WAR!!!!!!!In a war people die.move along!
na so black man be. una type go continue to blame the white man for your condition a thousand yrs after slavery. grin.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you guys should address the issue on ground and stop all this bull s h i t .i have heard this stuff overtime.

I rather watch paint dry off a wall than responding to ur half educated rants you call issues.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by totorimi: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
up biafra, . no biafra no nigeria
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by hatch: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
These boys are still crying and whinning over spilt milk
how pathetic, Biafra this Biafra that.

Simple statement of fact that the was not against the igbo people as a whole
but against their selfish dictator that decieved them into a war that was obvious they couldn't win.

40 years later some faceless cyber biafra foot soldiers come here to demand an apology.
Don't you know the way to Gowons house to press your demands.

Bunch of lousy goons !!!
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Petosh(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
These boys are still crying and whinning over spilt milk
how pathetic, Biafra this Biafra that.

Simple statement of fact that the was not against the igbo people as a whole
but against their selfish dictator that decieved them into a war that was obvious they couldn't win.

40 years later some faceless cyber biafra foot soldiers come here to demand an apology.
Don't you know the way to Gowons house to press your demands. Huh

Bunch of lousy goons !!!

ha ha ha.funny thing is half of these guys didnt experience any of the abuses o.na hear they take ear hear wey dey dey foam 4 mouth so!
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by ishmael(m): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2010
Abagworo (m) Re: Civil War Not Against Ndigbo — Gowon
« #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my view is that north is north.arewa is arewa.that middlebelt thing is bullsh**t.apart from benue,the rest of the north want igbos wiped from earth.adekunle was acting out what his northern lords ordered him.gowon needs to be tried for war crime.

you are very wrong here man! Benue people killed igbo people most during the civil war. Igbos who had escaped death from the core north were killed in makurdi, oturkpo and utonkon railway stations, few kilometers to their homes in the east. Benue people enlisted more into the Nigerian Army at that time and were used to fight the war.

Guy they are still part of Arewa, so don't exhonorate them here. Are you from Benue?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by nduchucks: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:
I am yet to see an Igbo family that did not lose any member to your evil actions in Biafra, but that is not what drives folks like me. We are driven by things people like you will never be able to understand. I don't expect you to understand me.

Onlytruth, if you can't describe what drives you people then your writing skills are inadequate, you are confused, you are driven by irrationality that you yourself cannot explain, or you are simply delusional.

I hope you can tell the whole world what drives you to accept the failure to surrender by Ojukwu and his commanders, when they knew fully well that the act would cause the deaths of millions of women and children.

This failure to surrender at the expense of millions of lives is the greatest tragedy of all.  Another tragedy is the denial by people like you, Onlytruth.  Onlytruth, shame on you! Do you have any immediate family members who starved to death? How can you find this failure to surrender acceptable under any condition; are you that evil?

Ojukwu may have done more good than harm in your opinion, but be honest for once and admit that his blunder and stubborn refusal to surrender at the expense of the lives of millions of women and children was at the very least criminal and ill advised. If you are unwilling to make this admission then I feel sorry for you.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Afam(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
ZE:

Point of correction Afam, Biafra is not a project that has ended since 1970. It is not yet over.

Won't be going into an unnecessary argument here on Biafra. My views are based on facts. Biafra was a name given to the old Eastern region comprising of the whole SE and some of the SS today.

By 1970 the war was over and an instrument of surrender was delivered.

These are my basis for my position based on facts.

The lies being told by some people here are what concerns me, not whether Biafra exists or not.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by KnowAll(m): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
Gowon should be commended for his re-concilatory, enlighting and factual stance those of you young igbos who want to embark on a renewed misadventure like Ojukwu goodluck to you.  
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by chuqudy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
I wish I can come inside this post and give every anti-Biafran 10 hot slaps each. I am always disgusted by the trickish, greedy, wicked, selfish, animalistic, idiotic, tribalistic, teroristic north and south west regions of this country called Maleria Nigeria. I wish I can hold that Gowon in my palm and squeeze him to death. I wonder why he can still open the four cardinal points of his smelling mouth to talk nonsence. I heard that he is now a pastor or something like that. That is what they do. After committing all attrocities, they will say they have given their life to Christ. I am not here to judge anyone. But I know that the blood of the poor Igbos( old and helpless men and women, children, youths, even unburn children and pregnant women) that was pured on surface of this evil land called one Nigeria, will always remain on the heads of Gowon and his men.

I will be the happiest person on the day this country will die. I hate Lord Lugard, I hate all the supporters of one Nigeria. They are bunch of criminals, bloody, senseless, wicked, canibalistic, hypocritic people. I am for Biafra.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
chuqudy:

I am for Biafra.

Nothing wrong with that, @ least in your dreams in case you forgot your ass got whooped and your weak, coward and sissy war commander ran off to go sip on some wine in Ivory Coast then returned to collect pensions from the same enemy/Nigeria he scarified the lives of his people trying to defeat.

Funny delusional people.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by chuqudy(m): 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

Nothing wrong with that, @ least in your dreams in case you forgot your backside got whooped and your weak, coward and sissy war commander ran off to go sip on some wine in Ivory Coast then returned to collect pensions from the same enemy/Nigeria he scarified the lives of his people trying to defeat.

Funny delusional people.

Babapupa, answer this question. Would you prefer Igbos to be part of Nigeria or to form their country Biafra? Give reasons for your answer. I just wonder why Nigeria does not want the Igbos to go. What fun is in one Nigeria where  tribal or religious crisis is  the order of the day. Since we are incompactible, don't you think Hausas and Yorubas would be better of without the Igbos. I believe and every one that tells the truth know that the problem of Nigeria is as a result of the incompatibility of the religions and cultures of the citizens. Let's stop decieving ourselves. That is what I mean by I stand for Biafra. I bet you, in the future you will pray for the division of this country. May be you are comfortable with the situation now.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olabukola: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2010
chuqudy:

Babapupa, answer this question. Would you prefer Igbos to be part of Nigeria or to form their country Biafra. Give reasons for your answer. I just wonder why Nigeria does not want the Igbos to go. What fun is in one Nigeria where tribal or religious crisis is the order of the day. Since we are incompactible, don't you think Hausas and Yorubas would be better of without the Igbos. I believe and every one that tells the truth know that the problem of Nigeria is as a result of the incompatibility of the religions and cultures of the citizens. Let stop decieving ourselves. That is what I mean by I stand for Biafra. I bet you, in the future you will pray for the division of this country. May be you are comfortable with the situation now.
The highlighted is what i don't understand from my folks. What is the need of dragging poverty, backwardness,drug peddlers, 419ners, ritualist and useless tribe along with us. The earleir we let them go the better for us and our next generation. Are we to loose if we let them go and what exactly are we going to loose. Are we better of with them(ibo's) and somebody should let me know the benefits.

Am getting more and more confused on why we must be with them(Ibo's). Pls my brothers(Babapupa,Bluetooth, Knowall,hatch,petosh, ndu-chucks,sauron etc) can any of you shade more light. Otherwise i feel we are not doing ourselves any good. Odua Nation will be better for us all than what we have in Nigeria today.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by freecitiz: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
I am not surprise by this business venture by obi asika,he is following the footpath of his father the grand betrayer.His father ukpabi asika stood on the side of the nigerian govt and was employed by them throughout the war.so the story will be the one that will suit his father's employers.but they shld know that the day oof reckoning is near. sad
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by hatch: 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
free citiz:

I am not surprise by this business venture by obi asika,he is following the footpath of his father the grand betrayer.His father ukpabi asika stood on the side of the nigerian govt and was employed by them throughout the war.so the story will be the one that will suit his father's employers.but they shld know that the day oof reckoning is near. sad

Na wah oh !

So its time to start mass producing user id's all for the sake of this Biafra aluta continua struggle grin Any way lets face the issues at hand, stay there making spineless prophecies about "day of reckoning" while Obi Asika faces his business empire.

Arrant nonsense ! tongue tongue
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2010
The highlighted is what i don't understand from my folks. What is the need of dragging poverty, backwardness,drug peddlers, 419ners, ritualist and useless tribe along with us. The earleir we let them go the better for us and our next generation. Are we to loose if we let them go and what exactly are we going to loose. Are we better of with them(ibo's) and somebody should let me know the benefits.

Am getting more and more confused on why we must be with them(Ibo's). Pls my brothers(Babapupa,Bluetooth, Knowall,hatch,petosh, ndu-chucks,sauron etc) can any of you shade more light. Otherwise i feel we are not doing ourselves any good. Odua Nation will be better for us all than what we have in Nigeria today.

This is a very childish response. Your comments have no basis and I suspect you are not capable of independent and logical thinking.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2010

Babapupa, answer this question. Would you prefer Igbos to be part of Nigeria or to form their country Biafra? Give reasons for your answer. I just wonder why Nigeria does not want the Igbos to go. What fun is in one Nigeria where  tribal or religious crisis is  the order of the day. Since we are incompactible, don't you think Hausas and Yorubas would be better of without the Igbos. I believe and every one that tells the truth know that the problem of Nigeria is as a result of the incompatibility of the religions and cultures of the citizens. Let's stop decieving ourselves. That is what I mean by I stand for Biafra. I bet you, in the future you will pray for the division of this country. May be you are comfortable with the situation now.

Very good and fair question.

A decision was made by solely Ojukwu to leave Nigeria hence the civil war, but in wars, there's got to be a winner and a loser. And like I said before, Ojukwu rolled the dice and lost.

About staying or leaving, you need to ask your elected and appointed leaders because it's their job to make decisions like that for you, not me. Right now, your leaders are not interested in your Biafra worries, they didn't care back then and they still don't today, it wasn't deep conviction or worth dying for by the man who started it, the man who I still believe should be held accountable for risking and sacrificing the lives of so many because he reached a conscious decision that his life was more precious than the lives of so many that was killed during and after the war so he ran off to look after his own skin.

Now, the question is, why keep bugging us with biafra talk all the time when your leaders don't give a s@hit, when the man who lead your people to the battles filed didn't and still don't give a s@hit?

Why keep trying to guilt trip and blame the rest of the country for decisions that was made and carried out within your borders?

Why keep blaming Yoruba people for losing a war that even a day old baby knew who the winner and loser was gonna be before the start of the war?

Who started the bloodletting in 1966 right after independence?

We had the opportunity to rule ourselves and take care of our individual destinies via regional governments with little or no federal interference and my question again is, who disrupted that?

And Igbo people have been doing business with Hausa people since day one with ZIK, then Ekwueme and still prefer to do business with them today, even though most of the issues you have with Nigeria starting from the killings in the north, the civil war and it's aftermath, real and perceived marginalization are with Hausa people, abi have they not been ruling the country for the most part? Have you guys not been doing business with them instead of Yoruba people? Have you not been carrying their water bottle for them?

Outside of Igbo land and way way before independence, Lagos has the highest number of Igbo people and till this very second, there is nothing on record about any ill will, fights or clashes between both cultures, but you'd rather do business with the North, the same North you accused of slaughtering our brothers and sisters.  

What have they ever done for your?

One thing we all know is the fact that, the North don't give a dam about you, your leaders are boy boy and ablution water carriers, you'll never come out on top doing business with them.

Ultimately, Igbo people need to ask Igbo people these questions, not Yoruba people or Hausa people.

And if Igbo people still want their Biafra and are willing to pick up guns and go for it again, I wish you good luck from the bottom of my heart.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

Very good and fair question.

A decision was made by solely Ojukwu to leave Nigeria hence the civil war, but in wars, there's got to be a winner and a loser. And like I said before, Ojukwu rolled the dice and lost.

About staying or leaving, you need to ask your elected and appointed leaders because it's their job to make decisions like that for you, not me. Right now, your leaders are not interested in your Biafra worries, they didn't care back then and they still don't today, it wasn't deep conviction or worth dying for by the man who started it, the man who I still believe should be held accountable for risking and sacrificing the lives of so many because he reached a conscious decision that his life was more precious than the lives of so many that was killed during and after the war so he ran off to look after his own skin.

Now, the question is, why keep bugging us with biafra talk all the time when your leaders don't give a s@hit, when the man who lead your people to the battles filed didn't and still don't give a s@hit?

Why keep trying to guilt trip and blame the rest of the country for decisions that was made and carried out within your borders?

Why keep blaming Yoruba people for losing a war that even a day old baby knew who the winner and loser was gonna be before the start of the war?

Who started the bloodletting in 1966 right after independence?

We had the opportunity to rule ourselves and take care of our individual destinies via regional governments with little or no federal interference and my question again is, who disrupted that?

And Igbo people have been doing business with Hausa people since day one with ZIK, then Ekwueme and still prefer to do business with them today, even though most of the issues you have with Nigeria starting from the killings in the north, the civil war and it's aftermath, real and perceived marginalization are with Hausa people, abi have they not been ruling the country for the most part? Have you guys not been doing business with them instead of Yoruba people? Have you not been carrying their water bottle for them?

Outside of Igbo land and way way before independence, Lagos has the highest number of Igbo people and till this very second, there is nothing on record about any ill will, fights or clashes between both cultures, but you'd rather do business with the North, the same North you accused of slaughtering our brothers and sisters.

What have they ever done for your?

One thing we all know is the fact that, the North don't give a dam about you, your leaders are boy boy and ablution water carriers, you'll never come out on top doing business with them.

Ultimately, Igbo people need to ask Igbo people these questions, not Yoruba people or Hausa people.

And if Igbo people still want their Biafra and are willing to pick up guns and go for it again, I wish you good luck from the bottom of my heart.

Wrong it was the eastern house of assembly that time that gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare biafra.http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/biafra.htm
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Onlytruth, if you can't describe what drives you people then your writing skills are inadequate, you are confused, you are driven by irrationality that you yourself cannot explain, or you are simply delusional.

What if I tell you that the greatest event that happened to the Igbo is the civil war and nothing else comes even close?
What if I tell you that after the civil war, that the nation of Nigeria is our inheritance? In other words, everybody (with few exceptions of areas of south south like Cross river, akwa ibom, and rivers) owe NDIGBO BIGTIME, and they WILL PAY one day?
You see ndu_chucks, I don't know how old you are or how smart you are, but I know how that country will inevitably turn out. I will give you a little hint : Ndigbo no longer get involved in anything progressive in Nigeria. Take a simple look and you will see that. You know why? That is your homework.

I hope you can tell the whole world what drives you to accept the failure to surrender by Ojukwu and his commanders, when they knew fully well that the act would cause the deaths of millions of women and children.

I have told you to realize that Ojukwu leads the most independent minded Nigerians, and as such, his followership is of GOLD. Anyone who commands the ears of ndigbo is a legend. Ndigbo listen to him more than they listen to the president of Nigeria. Your second homework is to find out why; an average Igboman is not a rago (sheep) like your average Hausa people.

This failure to surrender at the expense of millions of lives is the greatest tragedy of all.  Another tragedy is the denial by people like you, Onlytruth.  Onlytruth, shame on you! Do you have any immediate family members who starved to death? How can you find this failure to surrender acceptable under any condition; are you that evil?

Our people died from war crimes brought upon them in markets (strafing from aerial bombs), churches, hospitals, and starvation orchestrated by Awolowo and Gowon. The war was not unavoidable. It was launched by Gowon's Nigeria. We fought to defend ourselves.

Ojukwu may have done more good than harm in your opinion, but be honest for once and admit that his blunder and stubborn refusal to surrender at the expense of the lives of millions of women and children was at the very least criminal and ill advised. If you are unwilling to make this admission then I feel sorry for you.

Whose opinion! What are you smoking?    angry Dan iska!

He did most good in the opinion of an overwhelming Igbo majority and eastern minorities. That is a fact!
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olabukola: 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2010
Oga babapupa

Please can you help me on my question above. I need to know where i stand on this issue as am skeptical on this our qyest to live together with this ibo noise makers which i think is not paying us.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2010
asha 80:

Wrong it was the eastern house of assembly that time that gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare biafra.http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/biafra.htm

What difference does it make?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2010
olabukola:

Oga babapupa

Please can you help me on my question above. I need to know where i stand on this issue as am skeptical on this our qyest to live together with this ibo noise makers which i think is not paying us.

I hope you are not dreaming of seceding. I have told your stu'pid dirty brother babapupa to shelf any plans of secession because una go hear nwii for that country. We are Nigerians and that is how it will stay.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by biina: 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2010
The problem I have is with people who feel the history of Nigeria began with the pogrom, and that subsequent events were the fault of only one party. Many Nigerians, most of them being masses from various parts of the country, lost their lives because of the actions and choices of a minority group of leaders. These leaders were not isolated to any particular region. Some Igbos on this thread seem to want to exonerate the protagonists from their tribe, and put the blame on the rest of the country, and that's just BS. Until they are willing to admit the fault of those from their region, they cannot demand (even if deserving) of an apology from the other regions for the act of their protagonists.

The problem with Nigeria and why it seems we cannot work things out is that the masses have been deceived into blindly thinking that our problem is horizontal i.e. between tribes, while in truth our problems are vertical i.e. leaders oppressing the people. Dividing the country will not solve our problem, even if we get fragmented on an hamlet basis. We have failed to learn from our experience of the British using divide and rule to conquer us.

Yes we are different people, but that diversity should be our strength, but instead the masses foolishly see it as our problem. Whereas our leaders are united in embezzling our money. A cursory look at our history is enough to show that no Nigerian government has been constituted solely by one ethnic group, and that they have all been corrupt. Each group in Naija deludes themselves into thinking they are the goose laying the golden eggs, blaming faceless entities from other parts of the country, and might only realize the truth, after we have split up and each has been exploited from both outside and within.

This does not mean that I am satisfied with the way things are in Nigeria. Definitely far from it, but I am interested solely in ways to make the country better and equitable, and not some divisive solutions that would only make the position of the masses worse. Hold our leaders accountable to the people, starting from each in his region, and our problems will start to go away. Not so, and our suffering just begun.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by nduchucks: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

Our people died from war crimes brought upon them in markets (strafing from aerial bombs), churches, hospitals, and starvation orchestrated by Awolowo and Gowon. The war was not unavoidable. It was launched by Gowon's Nigeria. We fought to defend ourselves.

Onlytruth, I submit to you as an indubitable fact that,  Ojukwu and his commander's failure to surrender after biafra was blockaded contributed the most to the senseless deaths of the millions of women and children. If they had surrendered those women and children would not have died. Ojukwu and his commanders were not stupid and they knew that their decision would result to these senseless deaths.

Onlytruth, show compassion for the dead and admit this monumental mistake and possible crime by biafran leaders. You are beginning to sound very irrational, insensitive, and outright evil.  There is nothing wrong with admitting an obvious error. Your stubborness is only making you appear like a weaklin, olodo
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
biina:

The problem I have is with people who feel the history of Nigeria began with the pogrom, and that subsequent events were the fault of only one party. Many Nigerians, most of them being masses from various parts of the country, lost their lives because of the actions and choices of a minority group of leaders. These leaders were not isolated to any particular region. Some Igbos on this thread seem to want to exonerate the protagonists from their tribe, and put the blame on the rest of the country, and that's just BS. Until they are willing to admit the fault of those from their region, they cannot demand (even if deserving) of an apology from the other regions for the act of their protagonists.

Frankly I think you should know that Ndigbo are not asking for any apologies from anyone. We are Nigerians. We fought a war of survival and lost. The irony of it all is that we (ndigbo) have everything now to gain going forward. So, any talk of apology is actually trite.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Timmi: 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
What the Igbos should understand is that, "there is no I am sorry in a coup"; Ojukwu and his sympathisers committed a coup and the death sentence should have been carried out there and then, but rather Gowon made a mistake ( albeit a conciliatory one) and assimilate the coup plotters and what we are witnessing now with these rants and missives is the outcome of that mistake.

The other tribes in the south south did not support nor have a say in the so called biafra state, they were forcibly conscripted to be part of dream nation.  The biafra soldiers invaded the Midwest and West in their eexpansionaryventure and killed tons of people, the people killed still have families that are alive and yet they are not wwhining

The Igbos should be lucky that they are assimilated, they and their ssympathisersshould have been given the same coup plotter treatment.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
olabukola:

Oga babapupa

The fact is, inside or outside Nigeria, Yorubas are OK. Our will and capacity to thrive and prosper is and has never been in doubt.

We displayed what we're capable of doing and achieving back in the old western region and we're still capable of doing the same thing. Other regions had the same opportunity to show what they are made of, but they fell short and are still falling short.

Either way, we'll be fine.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
biina:

The problem with Nigeria and why it seems we cannot work things out is that the masses have been deceived into blindly thinking that our problem is horizontal i.e. between tribes, while in truth our problems are vertical i.e. leaders oppressing the people. Dividing the country will not solve our problem, even if we get fragmented on an hamlet basis. We have failed to learn from our experience of the British using divide and rule to conquer us.

Yes we are different people, but that diversity should be our strength, but instead the masses foolishly see it as our problem. Whereas our leaders are united in embezzling our money. A cursory look at our history is enough to show that no Nigerian government has been constituted solely by one ethnic group, and that they have all been corrupt. Each group in Naija deludes themselves into thinking they are the goose laying the golden eggs, blaming faceless entities from other parts of the country, and might only realize the truth, after we have split up and each has been exploited from both outside and within.

This does not mean that I am satisfied with the way things are in Nigeria. Definitely far from it, but I am interested solely in ways to make the country better and equitable, and not some divisive solutions that would only make the position of the masses worse. Hold our leaders accountable to the people, starting from each in his region, and our problems will start to go away. Not so, and our suffering just begun.

that would be difficult to do under the present arrangement.

babapupa:

What difference does it make?

The difference is that i corrected you.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Onlytruth, I submit to you as an indubitable fact that,  Ojukwu and his commander's failure to surrender after biafra was blockaded contributed the most to the senseless deaths of the millions of women and children. If they had surrendered those women and children would not have died. Ojukwu and his commanders were not silly and they knew that their decision would result to these senseless deaths.

Onlytruth, show compassion for the dead and admit this monumental mistake and possible crime by biafran leaders. You are beginning to sound very irrational, insensitive, and outright evil.  There is nothing wrong with admitting an obvious error. Your stubborness is only making you appear like a weaklin, olodo

ndu_chucks, I gave you a homework, have you done it?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
Timmi:

What the Igbos should understand is that, "there is no I am sorry in a coup"; Ojukwu and his sympathisers committed a coup and the death sentence should have been carried out there and then, but rather Gowon made a mistake ( albeit a conciliatory one) and assimilate the coup plotters and what we are witnessing now with these rants and missives is the outcome of that mistake.

The other tribes in the south south did not support nor have a say in the so called biafra state, they were forcibly conscripted to be part of dream nation.  The biafra soldiers invaded the Midwest and West in their eexpansionaryventure and killed tons of people, the people killed still have families that are alive and yet they are not wwhining

The Igbos should be lucky that they are assimilated, they and their ssympathisersshould have been given the same coup plotter treatment.

Do you think before you type?What coup did Ojukwu commit  
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

The fact is, inside or outside Nigeria, Yorubas are OK. Our will and capacity to thrive and prosper is and has never been in doubt.

We displayed what we're capable of doing and achieving back in the old western region and we're still capable of doing the same thing. Other regions had the same opportunity to show what they are made of, but they fell short and are still falling short.

Either way, we'll be fine.

haha yes eastern and northern regions were dumps before the coup grin self delusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Military Launches “Operation Delta Safe” In The Niger Delta / Reps Give Conditions To Back Dogara / Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.