Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:20 AM

Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon (21852 Views)

Buhari's Reaction To Biafra Agitation: A History Of Hate Against Ndigbo / Fani-kayode’s Intellectual Fraud Against Ndigbo / Protest: Ndigbo Tells Britain To Help Stop Another Genocide Against Ndigbo. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Timmi: 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
By declaring a biafran state and separating from Nigeria - is a treasonable folony, just like a coup.  Got it?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
Timmi:

By declaring a biafran state and separating from Nigeria - is a treasonable folony, just like a coup.  Got it?

yes declaring biafra and coup are the same  grin grin .i can see why now they say eduaction in nigeria is in a mess grin  grin
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

I hope you are not dreaming of seceding. I have told your stu'pid dirty brother babapupa to shelf any plans of secession because una go hear nwii for that country. We are Nigerians and that is how it will stay.

And I told your irrational and clueless self that Yoruba people don't do follow follow like zombie, we are not foolish people, we don't jeopardize the lives of our people over some silly and selfish adventure. We pick and chose our fights.

We are strong enough to compete inside and outside Nigeria, we are not a bunch of sissies always siting on their hands and for ever blaming other people and excusing away their inability to perform and deliver.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by biina: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
asha 80:

yes declaring biafra and coup are the same grin grin .i can see why now they say eduaction in nigeria is in a mess grin grin
declaring an independent state within a sovereign nation his treasonable felony against the sovereign state.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by reporter1: 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
olabukola:

The highlighted is what i don't understand from my folks. What is the need of dragging poverty, backwardness,drug peddlers, 419ners, ritualist and useless tribe along with us. The earleir we let them go the better for us and our next generation. Are we to loose if we let them go and what exactly are we going to loose. Are we better of with them(ibo's) and somebody should let me know the benefits.

Am getting more and more confused on why we must be with them(Ibo's). Pls my brothers(Babapupa,Bluetooth, Knowall,hatch,petosh, ndu-chucks,sauron etc) can any of you shade more light. Otherwise i feel we are not doing ourselves any good. Odua Nation will be better for us all than what we have in Nigeria today.

No one really cares if Biafrans pack their bags and leave. Sooner the better if you ask me.
The noise you hear about Biafra is mostly from internet soldiers that have no clue
about Biafra. The people who fought in Biafra never want to see war again; they understand war is hell. It's no child's play, and only a fool will
want to revisit the same calamity twice.
Biafra apologists will have you believe that the South East+portion of SS of Nigeria constitute part of Biafra.  
Therein lies the problem of these agitators -wanting to include groups of people that are not Ibos.
Of course, Nigeria is going to say F--U. It was what caused the first civil war -the greed of Biafrans.

They can start practicing what they preach by hauling their behinds to Biafra.com. There they'll find sympathetic ears to their sob story.

It beats me while Biafrans continue to rant and rave on NL while Ojukwu continues to sip Champagne with the elites of Nigeria.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
ndu_chucks, remember your homework?

Why is Ojukwu still respected and even revered in Igboland today while all his opponents in 1967 like Gowon are irrelevant. Is it because Igbo people are led by the nose?

We know who committed genocide against us. Some of them are dead (killed by the same crimes they visited on others), while others like Gowon believe they deceive people with covers like "Nigeria prays", while praying to the devil.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2010
asha 80:

haha yes eastern and northern regions were dumps before the coup  grin self delusion.

Before and after, it makes no difference.  This was way way before any coup or civil war, there's no need to blame your short comings on something as usual. We saw clearly what each region was capable of.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

And I told your irrational and clueless self that Yoruba people don't do follow follow like zombie, we are not foolish people, we don't jeopardize the lives of our people over some silly and selfish adventure. We pick and chose our fights.

We are strong enough to compete inside and outside Nigeria, we are not a bunch of sissies always siting on their hands and for ever blaming other people and excusing away their inability to perform and deliver.

You only fight people whose hands are tied and you never fight alone. Next time you will fight alone, prove your gallantry.

I understand how your people think, that is why I am almost certain that a day will come when you will cry out in Nigeria, and we will be waiting.  grin
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
asha 80:

that would be difficult to do under the present arrangement.

The difference is that i corrected you.

In your mind, you did.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

You only fight people whose hands are tied and you never fight alone. Next time you will fight alone, prove your gallantry.

I understand how your people think, that is why I am almost certain that a day will come when you will cry out in Nigeria, and we will be waiting.  grin

Abeg that one don wear out, bring new material.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

In your mind, you did.

At least that ignorance has been cured  grin
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Timmi: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Asha80.

Why don't you all (Igbos) just leave Nigeria, no one is holding you back, just take the five(5) states that constitute the Igboland and leave.  That will save the rest of us, a lot of headache and we do not need  to deal of whining babies.

In case you do not know, the act that was committed by your likes are treasonable felonies and all Igbos that still hold on to the biafra state of mind are felons and should be treated as such.  I am waiting for the time that the rest of the country will wake up and decide to withdraw Nigerian citizenship from Igbos and hence withdraw their passports, that truly will be the day that the re-branding of Nigeria will be complete and the slogan "great nation, good people" will actually apply.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2010
babapupa:

Abeg that one don wear out, bring new material.

You are not fooling any Igboman with that line. We are already implementing our doctrine in the Nigerian nation.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
asha 80:

At least that ignorance has been cured  grin

Like I said, in your mind.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by babapupa: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are not fooling any Igboman with that line. We are already implementing our doctrine in the Nigerian nation.

You be comedian too?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
Timmi:

@ Asha80.

Why don't you all (Igbos) just leave Nigeria, no one is holding you back, just take the five(5) states that constitute the Igboland and leave.  That will save the rest of us, a lot of headache and we do not need  to deal of whining babies.

In case you do not know, the act that was committed by your likes are treasonable felonies and all Igbos that still hold on to the biafra state of mind are felons and should be treated as such.  I am waiting for the time that the rest of the country will wake up and decide to withdraw Nigerian citizenship from Igbos and hence withdraw their passports, that truly will be the day that the re-branding of Nigeria will be complete and the slogan "great nation, good people" will actually apply.

In your pipe dreams. That will be the day Nigeria becomes a colony once more. Dreamer.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by nduchucks: 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

Why is Ojukwu still respected and even revered in Igboland today while all his opponents in 1967 like Gowon are irrelevant. Is it because Igbo people are led by the nose?

We know who committed genocide against us. Some of them are dead (killed by the same crimes they visited on others), while others like Gowon believe they deceive people with covers like "Nigeria prays", while praying to the devil.

Ojukwu is a well respected man, I myself admire and respect the man for various reasons. He, like me, speaks all three major languages in Nigeria fluently. The man is truly one of a kind!

Nothing you say, can change the fact that had Ojukwu and his commanders surrendered soon after biafra was blockaded, millions of women and children would not have died from starvation.   This fact is not in dispute.  I do understand why you are refusing to state that Ojukwu and his commanders have culpability in this matter - your fellow Igbo people will isolate you and skin you alive if you dare challenge Ojukwu in a public forum or make any unpleasant remark about him.

It is this fear that is preventing you from being truthful in this case - I understand.  You superior Eziachi, who fought in the war should be brave enough to state that Ojukwu made a mistake by not surrendering promptly causing these innocent children to die. He is no coward like you - or so I hope.

As the Americans say in the hood, Immo pin y'all down on this one.   cheesy
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2010
Timmi:

@ Asha80.

shocked haha keep wishing the impossible  grin igbos are here to stay and give nigerians like you nightmares  grin like in first blood 2 'igbos are ur worst nightmare'

from ur posts i guess u are from the niger delta,just pray that that place will not be wiped out by oil spillage before you leave this earth  grin, igbos will always be there to collect contracts for cleaning of oil spillage  grin

Rebrand nigeria?Nigeria is already finished.just pray that the country will survive the next few years  grin[i] In fact i hope it lasts so that igbos will help destroy it the more to worsen ur nightmare  grin[/i]
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Timmi: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Onlytruth

Isn't that what you want?.  Again, they are still exhibiting the same confused state of mind.  Never accept defeat and loosing relevance, the xtics of the Igbos, believe me the rest of us Nigerians will not loose sleep if you separate, actually, we want you to separate, for Nigeria will be better for it.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Ojukwu is a well respected man, I myself admire and respect the man for various reasons. He, like me, speaks all three major languages in Nigeria fluently. The man is truly one of a kind!

Thank you very much for that!  cool

Nothing you say, can change the fact that had Ojukwu and his commanders surrendered soon after biafra was blockaded, millions of women and children would not have died from starvation.   This fact is not in dispute.  I do understand why you are rufusing to state that Ojukwu and his commanders have culpability in this matter - your fellow Igbo people will isolate you and skin you alive if you dare challenge Ojukwu in a public forum or make any unpleasant remark about him.

ndu_chucks, the day you understand that Biafra was a POPULAR EASTERN NIGERIA demand, not an Ojukwu pet project, is the day you would have learned a big lesson about this piece of history.

Has it ever occurred to you that the war never ended? That the shooting war ended but the WAR itself never ended. This hint will help you do your homework. You have not done it well and I know you are intelligent enough to complete it.

It is fear that is preventing you from being truthful in this case, I understand.  You superior Eziachi, who fought in the war should be brave enough to state that Ojukwu made a mistake by not surrendering promptly causing these innocent children to die. He is no coward like you - or so I hope.

As the Americans say in the hood, Immo pin y'all down on this one.   cheesy

People are still dying from the war. The irony is that more and more none Biafrans are dying these days. So, Ojukwu's earlier surrender is a mute point. That is the last hint you need for your homework.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by vislabraye(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
I'm just laughing at these posts, ,

Ojukwu is reclining somewhere while people are still writhing in the pain caused by the war.

All I've been hearing so far is about Ndigo this Ndigbo that. Other tribes also suffered from the war. What about the Effik, Ijaws Urhobos and so on.

In fact those people who really fought the war were not only Ibos. I know a lot of Effik soldiers who were willing to lay their lives for the Biafran course, at the end of the day, what did the gain ? Many soldiers are still nursing the pain of the civil war.

Let the Biafra project be discarded into the atlantic ocean
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
Timmi:

@ Onlytruth

Isn't that what you want?.  Again, they are still exhibiting the same confused state of mind.  Never accept defeat and loosing relevance, the xtics of the Igbos, believe me the rest of us Nigerians will not loose sleep if you separate, actually, we want you to separate, for Nigeria will be better for it.

You cannot begin to understand what we want. Like I said in my earlier post, the civil war is the biggest event in Igbo and eastern minority history. The rest of Nigeria owe us BIG TIME and we are waiting to be paid. Our people did not die in vain.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olafolarin(m): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
Can someone please tell me the role of Yoruba's in the civil war?And why they recieve so much anger because of their "role" in the war?
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2010
vislabraye:

I'm just laughing at these posts,  ,  

Ojukwu is reclining somewhere while people are still writhing in the pain caused by the war.

All I've been hearing so far is about Ndigo this Ndigbo that. Other tribes also suffered from the war. What about the Effik, Ijaws Urhobos and so on.

In fact those people who really fought the war were not only Ibos. I know a lot of Effik soldiers who were willing to lay their lives for the Biafran course, at the end of the day, what did the gain ? Many soldiers are still nursing the pain of the civil war.

Let the Biafra project be discarded into the atlantic ocean

Efik, Ibibio, some Ijaw and Ogoni and other minorities fought and died in Biafra. Other minorities in delta were not Biafrans. The only group in delta that can claim Biafran tragedy is the Anioma.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Dede1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
It is unfortunate that this thread had attracted less informed bigots that strive in disseminating falsehood. I could not believe the fact that a retired Brigadier and former Nigeria army chief staff had the gut to spew that Ojukwu disagreed with Nigerian side in Aburi based on rivalry with Gowon. Ojukwu was not Gowon’s rival in the army.

However, Ojukwu insisted on prevailing discipline and military parlance that dictate that succession should be a matter of seniority. Based on this doctrine, Ojukwu simply insisted that Brigadier Ogundipe, who was the COSS and second in command to Ironsi, should be the Head of State and Command-in-Chief in the absence of the Gen. Ironsi. 

It is very shameful to read from a post where Robert Adebayo accused the Wole Ademeoyega of being rascal who wanted to lead his grandfather. What an irony coming from a Colonel and COAS who decided to be an errand boy to a Lt. Col. Gowon who wanted to lead the army and a country over a Brigadier.

The poster, who is ignoramus ~Bluetooth, consistently displayed his/her idiocy and brazen lack of knowledge on constitutional matters that prevailed during the era of 1966-Nigeria. The wantonly clueless ~Bluetooth accused Ironsi of complicity in January 15, 1966 coup because Ironsi failed to execute the coup plotters. I can not believe that this drooling slowpoke called Bluetooth does not know that Nigerian constitution as of 1966 has no provision which demands that coup plotters should be executed. Again, the working government papers for Nigeria in 1966 did not require the execution of coup plotters.

It is an irony of faith that Obasanjo, who introduced the decree stipulating the execution of coup plotters after the assassination of Murtal Mohammed, wept like a coward pleading for his stinking miserable life when Abacha caught his arse while planning a coup.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olabukola: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
@Oga Babapupa

The fact is, inside or outside Nigeria, Yorubas are OK. Our will and capacity to thrive and prosper is and has never been in doubt.
We displayed what we're capable of doing and achieving back in the old western region and we're still capable of doing the same thing. Other regions had the same opportunity to show what they are made of, but they fell short and are still falling short.
Either way, we'll be fine.
So you sincerely beleive that Yoruba nation couldn't have developed more than we are now(If at all we are) if the north and south(east and south) are not dragging us back. No water, No electricity, no road, political killings up and down, no education, no better govt, no walfare for our aged, no pension for ex- civil servant, and you say we are fine either way. Do you sincerely mean all this stated above is development.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by prankster(m): 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
olafolarin:

Can someone please tell me the role of Yoruba's in the civil war?And why they recieve so much anger because of their "role" in the war?

Yoruba role was known for its betrayal.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olafolarin(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
prankster:

Yoruba role was known for its betrayal.

How?

olabukola:

@Oga Babapupa
So you sincerely beleive that Yoruba nation couldn't have developed more than we are now(If at all we are) if the north and south(east and south) are not dragging us back. No water, No electricity, no road, political killings up and down, no education, no better govt, no walfare for our aged, no pension for ex- civil servant, and you say we are fine either way. Do you sincerely mean all this stated above is development.

Do i have to remind you that we have been in opposition since the advent of democracy in Nigeria except for the Akintola /Akinjide interlude.SW was and is still denied major FG projects which will have developed the region more than it is right now.Awolowo built premier institutions(U.I.,NTA Ibadan,O.A.U.,etc) with proceeds from cocoa and progressive tax regime.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olabukola: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
reporter?:

No one really cares if Biafrans pack their bags and leave. Sooner the better if you ask me.
[b]Biafra apologists will have you believe that the South East+portion of SS of Nigeria constitute part of Biafra.  
Therein lies the problem of these agitators -wanting to include groups of people that are not Ibos.[/b]Of course,
What they take along is not our problem as far as they did not take part of yoruba nation. Those SS you want to fight for are they not the same people that bomp the Jetty sometime last yr. Do you think they want to be in this Nigeria? From all indication East want to leave, SS want to leave why are we held bent in keeping a not working nation together. What happend to regional govt we had in the past. We keep on harping on how lagos is, forgeting that other Odua's town looks no diff to the cities in the east and north. I think am missing something in all this shinanigans.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Petosh(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2010
All this talk!The Igbos were slaughtered! It was genocide! We shall go some day!NOBODY! talks about the silent thousands slaughtered by the Igbos in places like the midwest. or those killed in the east in reprisal attacks because they were unfortunate enuff to bear Muslim names. a lot of etsako/akoko-edos and  people of the like were butchered in the east cos they were believed to be "abokis".when Ojukwu's cohorts invaded the midwest didnt they kill innocent civilians?If you do not know, I know.I lost relations to both sides.we suffered too at the hands of the nigerian "liberators" too.when they shelled towns long abandoned by the biafrans.these people suffered the worst of injustice.cos they didnt ask for the war and today they are forgotten.they are the silent victims nobody remembers.let's face it nothing's to be gained by secession.we'd all lose.I'm from the south-south and i know that with all the screams for secession we'd have it rough.so enuff about biafra.like biafra would have survived without the oil region.were the efiks, ibibios,ekweris,ijaws etc really that enamored with the biafran dream? pls, lets have done with all the insults and tribal slurs.are we as diverse as India?Or the US?why are we so quick to point out our differences,as reasons we can't live together?yet we depend on resources from each of these regions to survive.Why do we keep treading this path of tribalism and ethnicity that our fathers trudged?that was virtually what caused the war and today hear yourselves talk.So how are we different from those clowns who have led us to this sad pass?If we still see ourselves solely as Igbos or Yorubas or whatever?like the Egba man will ever trust the Ijebu or the different Igbo groupings will ever unite.secession won't work.that's my opinion.I believe-nay-i know!- my life has been bettered by the wealth of experience garnered from my friends from different tribes all over the nation.if you all think you can make it individually on your own you had better  think again.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by olabukola: 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
olafolarin:

Do i have to remind you that we have been in opposition since the advent of democracy in Nigeria except for the Akintola /Akinjide interlude.SW was and is still denied major FG projects which will have developed the region more than it is right now.Awolowo built premier institutions(U.I.,NTA Ibadan,O.A.U.,etc) with proceeds from cocoa and progressive tax regime.
Thank you my brother, If we can acheive all these as partially independent nation i don't know why we want to maron in "One Nigeria". I keep on saying it Odua will compete with nations like Switz, Ireland and the rest. I cringe when somebody said we are ok either way. I beleive the people that normally make such alterances gains from the present situation of the country. Come to my state capital and see beggers, dilapidated buildings, bad roads, in this century to have a bath in a shower is luxury for Nigerians and somebody said we are ok. I weep for my people. I think its high time we revaluate our stand for our next generation will hold us accountable for doing nothing.
Re: Civil war not against Ndigbo — Gowon by Dede1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
olafolarin:

What an arrant nonsense. I am sure you are better than this load of rubbish. With all due respect, Awolowo was cutting resident’s lawns in Essex, London to survive for a day when University College, Ibadan was founded. If you can not remember the legacy of WNDC in Ibadan, I suggest you quit writing about development, proceeds from Cocoa and Awolowo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Pressure On Probe Of Buhari Campaign Funding Grows / Tinubu Faces Dilemma Over Ondo Governorship Poll / Inside Ogun Communities Where Fulani, Yoruba Live As One

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.